Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong with this brush but I just don't understand the excellent reviews. I've been using it to apply liquid foundation but it looks so streaky that I have no choice but to blend it with my fingers. Perhaps this would work better with powder products, but with liquid, it's a complete let down. I'll stick to my Beauty Blender sponge.

on 3/23/2014 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this brush! It is my go to foundation brush. It's the perfect size and blends my liquid foundation beautifully! I love that it is dense, but not super super sense. I recently bought a new foundation from tarte and it came with a very dense and smaller width foundation brush. With my sensitive and acne prone skin I really don't like using those types of foundations brushes because they really pull and tug on my skin and cause irritation. This brush is the perfect foundation brush and the price is awesome! Very great quality for the $!

SO overrated for liquid foundation. I'm not sure what the rationale was for shaping the brush the way they did, but the only use I've been able to get out of it has been for blending concealer under my eyes and around my nose. But I would never have spent that much money on a brush for something that I could do with my fingers just as well! It's too small to blend foundation well and too dense for bronzer or blush, unless you like looking like a clown. Really not sure what the uses for this brush were supposed to be but I am sure disappointed. From the way everyone on youtube raved you'd think this was some kind of holy grail product! To use it for stippling or buffing requires way more time, effort, and product than is necessary and it never looks as good as with a flat-top brush like the one Real Techniques makes (or save yourself a few bucks and get the E.L.F. Powder Brush).

on 3/20/2014 8:54:00 PM

Best foundation brush! So inexpensive for the great quality of brush you're getting. Dense and soft. Best thing for liquid foundations!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Use this brush almost everyday. You get flawless coverage with this ! So cheap too.

on 3/19/2014 6:49:00 PM

Love that brush! cheap but kind of hard to find in Canada they are really similar to Sephora pro airbrush #56 brushes which a love to but cost twice as more. I gives a nice coverage, easy to buff the foundation in and just give a flawless look.

I can only give this brush 3 lippies as the quality varies. My first one was brilliant but my second one shed terribly. Both were the genuine article bought from authorised stockists so I cannot recommend this brush at all.

on 3/19/2014 11:54:00 AM

I love this brush. It's so soft and multitasking. I've washed it several times and it hasn't shed at all. I love the effect it gives to skin. Packaging is also very nice, though not very travel friendly, it's quite bulky. It's very very dense, which makes it that much harder to clean it properly, but non-the-less it's amazing brush.

on 3/18/2014 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this brush, bought it from iherbs.com since Real Technique brushes are not readily available in Canada. And Walmart always ran out of stock. This has changed the way I apply my makeup. It is very easy to use and makes applying, blending bb/cc cream, foundation so efficient and fun. The brush is very soft and blends out everything smoothly making your face looking nice and smooth without any harsh lines or streaks. Love love love!

on 3/17/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not really a huge fan of makeup brushes, I've had bad experiences with the bristles falling out and uneven spread etc but I have to say, this brush is AMAZING. It's firm but soft at the same time and the white tips allow you to see exactly if and when the brush needs washed. It's such a good brush for buffing both liquid and cream foundations and concealed into the skin and it really does give a flawless coverage. No more are the days when I use my oily fingers! Definitely considering purchasing the full set of these brushes. The only downside to it which happens to all brushes obviously is that it gets clogged up pretty fast and pretty bad. It took me a good 20 minutes to clean it fully and even then there was foundation still trapped in it. I had only used it once and then washed it so it wasn't as if it all built up. I had to use 3 different cleansers to make it remotely clean, but to be honest it's such a good brush I don't even care!

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products