October 22, 2014 | 1836 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Get it, get it, get it! Whether you're a professional makeup junkie or a complete newbie, get it! This brush is amazing. It is very versatile, so for about $8-9 a pop, you're buying a pretty high quality brush that you can use for almost anything.

I personally like to use this for liquid face products (foundation, tinted moisturisers, etc) and prefer this over most high-end (and yes, more expensive) brushes because this does the exact same thing. I dab my foundation on and then blend using this brush by going in circulation motions. Even after cleaning multiple times, there is no fall out. The material is genuinely soft and I believe the quality is equivalent to even some high-end brands but for half or even one-third the price.

I *especially* recommend this to those who are just starting out in the realm of brushes and makeup. Again, this brush is quite versatile. Although I prefer to use this for foundation, I've also used it for contouring, bronzing, highlighting, and just blending everything altogether. Just do yourself the biggest favour ever... and grab it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Carla1346

Really soft yet dense brush which is really good for liquid foundation which is what I use. Although it's small it just means better control I really like this brush because it applies my makeup Really well and gives me a flawless finish and my makeup has never looked better. It's really easy to clean also as just a little soap and water cleans it back to it's AMAIZNG original state . Although the price here in Australia is a little steep as it was $15 at Priceline I think it is defiantly worth it I seriously recommend this brush to all you makeup lovers!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by bluestarjcf

I had previously used the buffing brush for applying foundation but this brush totally beats the buffing brush! Its amazing the way my foundation looks after I've used this brush. It blends my foundation into my skin so it looks like I have amazing flawless skin. It is also affordable, super soft and easy to clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Samdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Never thought a brush could make such a difference to makeup results until I got this! I always use a traditional foundation brush whenever I wear foundation and it takes time and you have to use certain sides of the brush to get around your nose and eyes. With this brush I can easily get my whole face covered so quickly! It's evenly shaped all the way around and the small head makes it easy to get around the nooks and crannies. Very soft and leaves no streaks on the face....especially if you use a water-based product....it really pushes the product into the skin with less force needed. Very good value for money (just under £10) and I would definitely recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BUT,,,BUT...BUT.......This is a great brush BUT I find it's way too small to effectively apply a full face of liquid foundation in a timely manner, especially quick drying foundations like Revlon Colorstay and Covergirl 3-1.

However, for the eye area and any other tricky areas it really is useful. If it were larger, it would definitely be a HG purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have lots of high end brushes, but I always reach for my Real Technique brushes. I love the prices and the fact that I can walk into Ulta and pick up a few when I need them. I use this brush for my liquid foundation. I buff it in and this brush is great for that purpose-it's dense and shorter so there isn't any swirling around. It gets into areas like under the eyes and sides of the nose well. Washes well. I have two of these at all times. These brushes come highly recommended by me, will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love LOVE this brush! I mean I really REALLY love it!
I have quite small features, which means getting a larger brush around all the nooks in my face is quite a challenge. Prior to this brush, I'd been using the ELF Powder Brush (the flat-top one) and that brush is lovely and all, but detail work would need to be done with a separate brush.
But the size of this brush is perfect. I'm able to get my foundation (or powder or BB cream or primer because this brush works well with all of them) into every little space. It's even amazing in terms of blending out my under eye concealer.
When I use it for liquid foundation or BB cream, it really helps in creating a quite airbrushed look. I didn't notice any streaks, nor did it absorb too much of the product or cause me to use too much. On the contrary - I find I'm able to use less product with this brush.
It's even great for contouring and blusher due to the tapered dome top.
Doesn't shed, easy to clean, easy to store, impossibly soft and dense, and only $12 at the local beauty supply shop. What more could I ask for? I'm actually thinking I may have to purchase a couple more in the RT line since this one is such a top performer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

You simply can't go wrong with Real Techniques brushes. Affordable, durable, soft, and just an all around pleasure to use.I own nearly all of them and the Expert Face Brush is one of my favorites. It's incredibly soft yet dense, making it amazing for blending liquid and cream foundations.I've also used it for cream blushes and highlighters, but I find it's a little too dense for that; it deposits more product than I'd like. It's great for blending out those products once they're already on your face, however.

Although this bush is great at blending out liquid foundations,I especially love the way this works with thicker cream foundations (KA SSE, various stick foundations). It really does all the work for you. I get streak free, flawless looking makeup every time. I apply my foundation in "strokes" first, across the broader areas of my face, then buff over any ares that need blending out. I also use the brush to stipple on areas that need heavier coverage, like my cheeks that tend to be red.

And this brush is so easy to clean. Natural hair brushes are wonderful, but you have to be so careful about what you use to wash them, how you dry them, etc. The synthetic bristles of this brush are hardy and durable, and can withstand even the deepest of cleanings with antibacterial soap. You don't need to use a brush guard to help the bristles keep their shape as they dry. Real Techniques brushes are great for people with acne prone skin, or those who are into theatrical makeup, because they can withstand frequent, deep cleanings without drying out and shedding.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Whit87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this brush for applying cream or liquid highlighters! It's the perfect size for the tops of the cheek bones yet precise enough for application down the center of the nose and cupids bow. The bristles are soft and extremely dense making the product blend in seamlessly. I just dab the brush onto the top of the product, dab/stipple it onto the face, and then blend, it's seriously effortless. Even though it's dense, it doesn't soak up product like many other similar brushes tend to do and it's also super easy to clean (spot and deep cleaning). This brush is also excellent at applying foundation but I do prefer the RT buffing brush more for that as it has a little more give (not as dense with a little bit longer bristles) which I prefer for my sensitive and dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It just doesn't get any better. Flawless finish easy to clean. I won't use anything else.