BeneFit Cosmetics "Hello Flawless!" Oxygen Wow

3.1

Active Ingredients / Ingredients Actifs : Octinoxate 5.49 %, Titanium Dioxide 2.37 %. Other Ingredients / Autres: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone,Isododecane, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate / Dicaprate, Pentylene Glycol, Maris Aqua (Sea Water), Phenoxyethanol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Prolinamidoethyl Imidazole, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, BHT. [+/- : CI 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dixoide)].

on 3/27/2014 8:33:00 AM

I often flick through magazines, looking at models skin (in envy) that i myself don't have flawless, glowing, well perfect skin (even though i am aware that the pictures are airbrushed and my foundation cant work miracles) but in my head that's what im convinced i can achieve with my own skin.

So, i was looking into buying a medium coverage, dewy foundation that doesn't make me have an oily/shiny face.

I don't have oily skin myself, my skin is quite sensitive with the occasional pimple.

I have had many Benefit products in the past and have been really pleased with the result, although i admit i've never tried their foundation before. I went into my local boots store to query what the assistant on the benefit counter thought would work best for my 'flawless, glowy dewy look' - of which she advised that the new 'Hello Flawless, Oxygen Foundation' found fit best.

I took a seat and she applied that foundation to the corner face to see what shade would suit me best, my shade was 'Ivory, Pure for Sure' - my first impression was 'i quite like the look of that' so sure enough i purchased a bottle.

However, i couldn't contain my excitement so i opened the bottle as soon as i got home. Cleansed, Toned, Moisturized and Primed my face ready for application.

I watched a few you tube videos to see the best way of applying and the general consensus was to apply with a brush, so i started apply the foundation with my brush.

The results...well were not as i had hoped. It didn't provide any coverage at all, it stuck to my dry skin and it had a 'cakey' effect to it. Giving it the benefit of the doubt i wore it for the rest of the day to see how it held up, after 3/4 hours later my t-zone was incredibly shiny and i looked like i just had greasy moisturizer on my face. I have set it with powder and applied it with a sponge ever since and i still feel it makes no difference.

Sorry Benefit, this isn't your greatest product and its far too overpriced for what you actually get.

on 3/25/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received a week's worth of samples in the shade Beige and another lighter shade to test out; the shade Beige being more of a decent match for me. For reference I have oily, but very sensitive skin with an array of skin issues such as eczema, tendency towards congestion, sebaceous filaments, and large pores. This provided medium coverage that was buildable and easy to work with and blend. I prefer using my fingers to blend in some areas and had no problems applying it. It feels light and leaves my face soft, however it doesn't have good longevity for me (a couple of hours at the most) and leaves my face looking greasy on my forehead. You definitely need a setting powder with this if you are oily skinned. Make sure any areas that are dry are exfoliated and moisurized too since this will exaggerate them. I would say all in all that this is an average foundation. It is not the worse that I have tried, but certaintly not the best.

on 3/24/2014 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Applied by make up artist. Good colour but about 15 minutes after applying this foundation I turned red and blotchy. I do have sensitive skin so this did not agree. Back to clarins I think

This foundation works wonders for me, as I have dry skin and it adds a nice dewy finish. However, for people with oily skin, i highly recommend setting this with some powder... And you would have to touch up with the powder after about 3 hours or else your skin will appear to be very moist.

on 3/19/2014 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

HG foundation, no doubt about that! Great colour-range, medium coverage easy to build up, and blends in without caking at all! Gives a beautiful luminous finish, sets perfect with powder and lasts all day. I will repurchase this over and over!

I got a deluxe sample of this one in Champagne. I have very oily skin so I try to stay away from any kind of liquid foundation but I liked this one! It had great coverage perfect to hide some of my patchy redness on my cheeks. It did make me oily after maybe 4 hours, but it was more like "dewy". What I loved about this one was that it was a light formulation. Aside from that, the shade really matched my complexion.

I will definitely buy this full sized next time.

on 3/18/2014 5:34:00 PM

First off I just want to say that if you have oily skin this foundation is definitely not for you. I have combination/dry skin and this product is awesome. If I'm in a rush I can skip my moisturizer because this foundation does a great job of locking in moisture. I set this foundation with a powder and my skin looks flawless. It lasts all day long at work and I recently used it during Austin's sxsw music festival and I didn't need to touch up. I love it!

on 3/18/2014 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst product ever . I have oily skin I an 23 years old . I wore this for 2 hours and my face looked like a frying pan . never again.

on 3/16/2014 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Found my Holy Grail foundation, so to start I'm not one to post reviews on makeup or anything for that matter but I LOVE this stuff! this is the kind of foundation that u put on and gets better throughout the day, I have normal to really really dry t-zone area and any foundation would stick to my dry spots and stick to my mild rosacea bumps, dry them out and make them more visible this is the first foundation I've come across that does NOT STICK to my dry spots and makes my face look better the more I wear it! it leaves a satin finish (not too dewy and not matte) its the perfect natural looking finish i would say this is buildable coverage but it is on the sheer-medium the look of this foundation with a primer is just FLAWLESS & GORGEOUS! never in my entire life did I get comments on my skin like I do now its just gorgeous! and I'm hooked! With primer and a setting powder and a setting spray I've had this foundation last me 9+ hours the only cons in general (not for me) is this foundation has no pinky shades they're mainly for yellow undertone people, it only comes in 9 shades and it does transfer :( other than that its an AMAZING FOUNDATION FOR DRY SKIN! if you can find a color match and u have dry skin you should definatly try it out.

on 3/15/2014 11:02:00 AM

Same price/more expensive than MAC foundations and not as good quality. I have combination skin which does get a little oily but this foundation make it worse! By the end of the day i would have none left when taking off my makeup, plus i have small acne scars (not anything major) and this didn't cover it. Disappointed since I love most benefit products