September 1, 2014 | 1131 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for a "summertime" tinted moisturizer at Sephora the other day and so I was given a sample of Nars tinted moisturizer in 'Finland' and Stila's tinted moisturizer in 'Porcelain' for my NC15 skin. I love Nars, I use their radiant creamy concealer for my dark under eye circles and it works miracles, however, for me this tinted moisturizer just doesn't deliver. The colour selection is terrible, the lightest colour "Finland" is still way too dark for my skin and so it just looks silly on me. I applied some this morning with my Real Techniques buffing brush and it just looked so awkward (like I had jaundice..eep!) Stila's tinted moisturizer matched my skin better for sure, but I still didn't love it. They were out of stock (and they had no tester) of the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer which I have high hopes for! I think it'll do the trick, but unfortunately, Nars didn't do it for me with their poor colour selection. The lemony scent of their tinted moisturizer was nice though and it seems to dry pretty quickly!

UPDATE.....

I was messaged by someone who informed me that Nars actually did come out with a lighter colour called Terra Nueve which is STILL a tad bit too dark for my NC15 skin. I went to Sephora and got a sample and I'm so glad I didn't buy it. I wore the sample for one day and it gave me tons of little bumps on my skin. I threw it in the garbage. It was also incredibly greasy on my dry-combination skin. So not a fan. I'll buy the Laura Mercier again because the colour "Porcelain" was a better match and though the coverage was a bit lighter, it didn't give me irritation bumps or make my skin layered with grease!! Ewww Nars what the heck?!?!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this quite a while ago and have nearly run out of it now.

I went off using it for a while and have recently returned because OMG the actual sun has come out in the UK, don't faint!!

What prompted me writing this review was how impressed I am with this product, I really do love it! I, like a lot of the people who have reviewed this, suffer with acne prone skin and I'm also combination.
I don't know what the deal is with my skin to be honest, because sometimes it likes moisture, sometimes it doesn't.

To start with, I'm going to say, I hate BB creams, I love the concept, but in reality, I can't use them - they are thick, greasy and hard to spread for me, and this has been the case with pretty much ALL the ones I've tried. Too faced was the worst along with the too yellow colour, Dr Jart wasn't great either, that was too grey/orange - jeez what an awful combo!

I have scars and pigmentation on my skin and I do not like heavy coverage products, I try to just live by the fact that "shit happens" when it comes to skin and that nutrition and sunscreen are my best weapons. I like extremely sheer coverage and products that are luminous and easy to spread. Beccas tinted moisturiser is one of my faves because of the packaging and the ease of use, but it doesn't give you any coverage at all to be honest which can be a bit of a bummer.

NARS on the other hand, is great! This product doesn't give you a ton of coverage but it's very pigmented and not too thick either, it does take some work to blend (i'm literally a slap on and go person hence why i like sheer and then spot concealing) but once you've got it on it looks amazing!!

Today, I look put together, radiant and glowy, but you can't tell I've got anything on really.
I agree with people about the colour, I use Finland, and its' bordering on too orange/yellow...but I find it's just right to give me this glowy look, it takes away the sallow tone in my skin which is always a benefit! I'm pretty pale and deathly looking so it should suit all but the whitest skin I think.

This product has been on my face for about 5 hours at the point of typing, there is no oiliness, and I've used a very light dusting of meteorites to set this... I can't feel any tackiness on my skin and it looks really good. This formula covers most of my uneven skin although I need concealing for some big spots when i get them (currently have only one, yaaay).

The SPF is definitely a god send, the price is insane I think, but I honestly think when I run out of this stuff, I'll buy it again. I can't remember why I went off using it to be honest, it may have just not cut it in winter, or it may have been a little too dark (i think that was it). I am also just lazy, I hate blending! I have a decent brush now though so that has been made very very easy.

This stuff is great, it does several jobs in one and that's what i'm looking for. I recommend it as one of the best higher coverage tinted moisturisers I've tried. Just test the colours before you buy!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Warm weather is upon us and I wanted something to replace my overly greasy Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer.

This is amazing! I have dry combination (t-zone) skin with hormonal red areas and a few acne scars on my chin. This evens out the redness and doesn't call unwanted attention to my dry skin bits. It doesn't cover acne scars, but a touch of concealer did the job just fine. No scent is a plus. The color selection isn't impressive, but I'm incredibly pale and was able to buff "Finland" out to suit me just fine and not oxidation problems.

It's pricy, but for this kind of performance...it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This runs dark. I am pretty fair but not porcelain, so I got Alaska which is way too dark/dries orange, more of a medium color. Finland is good for summer, still dries a tad bit too dark, I just make sure to blend more along my jawline. I want to get some color this summer anyway lol. I am a SAHM, so not looking for a professional look every day and this fast easy, nice looking foundation does the job for me. Dries a bit dewy so I use a little powder over it. Definitely more of a foundation or BB than a TM.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by michelleleigh815

This is by farrrrr my favorite tinted moisturizer! A little bit goes a long way, and adds a natural glow. The price is a little high but it lasts forever and is well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by SophieEllis89

I love this product! I have been using Mac's Studio Fix Fluid for a while now and I do like it but recenty I've been feeling that it's too heavy for the daytime and wanted to try something lighter.

In my opinion this is slightly more than just a tinted moisturiser - it has a light amount of coverage, which is very buildable. And best of all, it leaves your skin with a gorgeous, dewy glow.

When I first apply it, it can look a bit shiny so I set it in place with powder and use a little concealer to cover my spots, as it doesn't really have enough coverage to hide blemishes, but even after a light powder dusting my skin still looks gorgeous and radiant.

The overall look is a healthy glow, that doesn't look caked or heavy. I love wearing this in the day at the weekend, although I don't usually wear it for work, as I have very oily skin and this one wouldn't stay in place for the whole day on me unfortunately! That's the only negative for me but it is a tinted moisturiser so I wouldn't expect anything else.

It also has an SPF 30, which I think is really important in a foundation/tinted moisturiser as it's surprising how much damage the sun can do just from being out and about, even in rainy England!

This would be perfect for wearing on holiday, where you definitely don't want to wear a full coverage foundation but aren't quite skin confident enough to bare all, plus it acts as a sun cream and a tinted moisturiser in one!

Overall a great, light foundation for wear during the day, which gives you a gorgeous glow and makes you look effortlessly, naturally flaweless (with the help of a bit of concealer!).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by thatsmyDJ

This is a really great tinted moisturizer. I bought it in the colour Alaska, and it works for my light/medium skintone. I just put a few dots on the areas that are a little red (forehead, around the nose, and chin) and blend it out. I usually use less than a pea sized amount every day. I've almost emptied my bottle and I've had it for 7 months. For me, that definitely makes it worth the more expensive price tag. It is really sheer, it blends right into your skin you can barely tell that you have makeup on, it just makes your skin look even and fresh. I sampled this, and the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer before I decided to purchase, and I found that it blended easier and wasn't as thick as Laura Mercier.

This product does have a faint scent to it, it smells light and citrusy to me. You have to actually put the product up to your nose to smell it, it isn't noticeable once it's applied.

I really like this tinted moisturizer, it is sheer, just enough to cover a bit of redness, easy to apply, doesn't make me breakout, looks natural. I have already recommended this to my friends and will continue to do so!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ClaireV

St moritz is perfect colour match for me just not so sure it is actually oil free as it did make me break out. Shame because its a lovely tm.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by violetpython4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If your looking for a tinted moist with decent coverage and skin care benefits this is def the product for you. I kinda feel like its s cc cream but it was made b4 bb creams even made it to the states lol. ( it contains ascorbyl glycoside witch is a stabilized vit c! Thanks google) also it has kopara in it a sort of algae for cell renewal . I like that it has an SPF of 30. But the colors r weird . Once it is applied it dries down almost 2 shades darker . So so for a lighter shade if your trying this. I would say that it gives 40% more coverage that Laura mercier tinted moist. I feel like I would only grab this if I was going to the beach for the day and wanted a glowing look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by jodizay

Before this I used the Stila tinted moisturizer and it did not provide enough coverage. I don't like to use foundations as they feel too greasy and heavy for me. I like to wear something that looks natural and feels light. So I read some reviews on this moisturizer and went ahead and bought it. I absolutely love it, for a tinted moisturizer it has amazing coverage and feels amazing. My only problem with it is that it is scented. Not that it has given me any problems yet but I'm usually reluctant to use scented products on my face. I would definitely buy this product again. In fact this is probably the only tinted moisturizer I plan to use.