August 28, 2014 | 1709 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I had a dollar off coupon and it was on sale at Shoppers Drugmart for less than $8...any excuse! Its very very very nice! I bought Ivory which matches fair skin really well but that was the lightest colour and I feel that people with even lighter skin might find it a bit too dark. I only used a little blob of it but it covers the redness extremely well, goes on super smoothly and does a good job at covering and not accentuating pores. Its very soft and smooth on, not at all drying, takes a while to set but it does set. It was very slightly dewy which would be gorgeous for you young ones. I covered with a little dab of my new favourite powder-Annabelle CC powder. It looks awesome! Haven't noticed any rubbing off and didn't see any sparkles at all? Highly recommend for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Lexchanel

If you are looking for a good foundation for a good price this is it! My wallet was starting to suffer spending nearly $40 for a small bottle of foundation every couple of months so when I found this foundation I was extremely happy! I love how easy it is to blend on my skin - not the best coverage but it's buildable. It is definitely not meant for oily skin because it has a dewy/shinny finish to it. Some people complain about the little sparkles it has in it but it's only noticeable in direct sunlight really close up so it won't look like you just came from a Kesha concert!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm glad I found this foundation. I have fair skin, and I have trouble with foundations oxidizing after 10 minutes. This foundation stays the right colour. I'm using 100 Ivory, and it has stayed light. It did look quite dark when I looked at the foundation initially but when you actually stipple it in it looks great. Makes skin look dewy and fresh. Its fairly minimal coverage which I think it nice if you don't have a lot of spots, or just want something light. I have two complaints for this product though:
1. The foundation has a lot of shimmering sparkles in it. Which is okay but it seems like too much to me.
2. Can't tell if its closed or not, the lid just kind of moves around a lot.
Other than this I really like it, and I recommend it to people who have trouble finding light colors.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ArmaniJadaXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

good foundation with a subtle glow,great for the summer and gives good coverage without looking cakey! would not recommend for oily skin though!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by emmacurtis8

I'm a pale, 14 year old who has combination skin who suffers with acne prone skin and scars. This foundation is great! It leaves a beautiful dewy, glowing finish, easy to apply, smells good and its got shimmer in it! It's great for summer, feels light on the skin and is affordable! I love this so much! The only reason why I didn't give it 5/5 is because it doesn't control the oils on my skin, however I use Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder for that which is another great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by LucyB23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I brought this foundation after reading lots of good reviews about it, I always use mac studio sculpt but I was keen to try something new. I am so impressed, I have dry, flaky skin and this gives me a lovely dewy look, has good coverage and stays put all day. The packaging is really nice, it looks much more expensive, it also has a fruity smell. I would highly recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by tdawgz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this foundation so badly because I had heard such great things about it but I hate it so much :( it looks so horrible and cakey, has really bad coverage, and just looked like a really cheap drugstore foundation basically. It doesn't look fresh or dewwy or radiant, it just dries on my skin and looks really bad. I've tried applying this in so many different ways but it just doesn't work for me. And I really don't like the smell of it either, I usually don't care too much about the smell of products but this one just smells like chemicals to me and is way too strong. The packaging is pretty but that's basically the only thing I like about it unfortunatley. Plus I got it in the shade 'Ivory' because I'm fairly pale and it's way too orange on me. I feel horrible saying this but I definitley will not repurchase, it was a waste of money to me. Sorry Rimmel :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by stellulah

I tried this foundation after so many people had recommended it on youtube and such and i really like it! It has a really dewey finish so i can imagine if you had particularly oily skin then you may not like it. I quite liked this foundation overall but i'd probably get a lighter shade next time (i got true ivory). However, because i live in Australia, this foundation is $20 not on special so that's a bit high for my liking. Some people said it made them break out but i really didn't notice it doing that to me.

Pro's:
- really easy to blend
- makes my skin look nice

Con's:
- rubs off on things (try setting it with a powder to see if that helps at all)
- slightly too dark (it oxidises a bit i think)
- a little on the pricey side

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by samisnowwhite

this foundation is great for making me have a subtle glow to the skin . I also love foundations with a pump it allows you to dispense the right amount alot easier and for me one pump from this foundation is enough for my entire face. But I like the fact it's build able too if you need more coverage. the only thing that I don't like is that the lightest shade ivory is still a bit dark for my pale skin , but overall i still really like this especially in the summer :)!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by simpletheory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this foundation is great for people who like a dewy finish. it gives a nice glow to the skin if you're able to find a good color match. i'm in the shade 200 soft beige. i apply this with shiseido's perfect foundation brush. some people may not like this because of the shimmers, but i don't mind it too much. however, on bad skin days, i did notice that the shimmers kind of accentuate my pores.