April 19, 2014 | 1786 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by sophiemayw

I have yet to find the right shade for my skin, sigh. The first shade I brought was (I think) Nude. I brought it in nude due to my old foundation shade being Nude (Dream Matte Mouse). This was by far way too dark for me and I had to use other products on top to make it lighter. I didn't want to waste a whole bottle of it and buy another shade, so I put up with the orange comments for a while. The next shade I brought and which I am still currently using is 2 shades lighter in Classic Beige. This is still a little too dark for my skin but is better than Nude. So the shades really need to be lighter or re-named... As for the actual foundation, I love the coverage it gives! You don't have to use much at all to give you the look you want whether it's natural or full-blown night out makeup. It can be a little oily/dewy but with a little powder over it, it soon looks fine. The packaging is okay, nothing too fancy but I do LOVE the squirter on the top, it's so much easier to apply with it being there. Overall, once I finally find my right shade, I think I will find it perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by KrystalKat18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was trying heaps of foundation on in the shop and I put some of this blended out on my chin and within 15 minutes it oxidised and was coming off. The colour matched my skin perfectly And the price was around average. I liked the packaging, but it just wasn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by elliej123123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Such a lovely foundation had been recommended by many friends and I'm glad i tried it. It was on offer in boots at the time and only £5.99! All throughout having this product it gave my skin such a flawless finish with a good medium coverage, super dewy, radiant finish and lasted really well on my skin. It was also so easy to blend making for an easy application. I'd definetly say this foundation can double as a day time and evening foundation as its dewy and natural enough for the day time but can be built up to a really good coverage for a night out.
The only slight downside is the shade range which is very limited as I can just about get away with the lightest colour, although its the perfect shade for summer.
Overall, a very cheap, natural looking, good coverage foundation with a beautiful finish :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by ErinisaCoolio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Well bad shade selection lightest is ivory which is too dark for me but love consistency and coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I normally wear high end foundations like dior nude skin, Estée Lauder double wear, mac studio sculpt and Lancôme teint miracle. This is the first drugstore foundation that I love!!! I have combination nc25 skin and I wear 200 soft beige. This doesn't makes me greasy or oxidize. It lasts 8hrs before my forehead gets oily. It gives your face the most beautiful matte glowy effect . Which sounds weird but it really does!! Your skin does literally wake up! Give this a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by chelleyb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has a cancer causing agent CYCLOPENTASILOXANE fix it and i will give it 4 stars

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by gele4ka

I was really excited to try out this product after reading all the great reviews. I bought the foundation and the concealer and I was unfortunately disappointed with both of the products. The foundation is not dewy on me at all and that's what I was looking for in a foundation. I found it very streaky, it took me a long time to blend it in and it looked so cakey that I had to take it off immediately. (it didn't feel good on my face either). I might give this another try and might use it with another moisturizer underneath hopefully that will help because then it's just a waste. I do love the pump and the packaging, very cute. The smell is also very fresh and clean. It also does run very light in the color range. It goes from very pale shades straight to tanned ones and there's nothing in between for my olive tone skin.
The concealer was a disappointment as well. It has chunks of glitter in it and that's definitely not what I need because it makes me look like a disco ball and it accentuates the blemishes and dark under eye circles even more. It does provide a decent coverage though, I just wish it didn't have all that glitter in it.
Overall the I'd give the foundation a 6/10
and the concealer a 5/10

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by SophieRose99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel bad saying I won't buy this foundation again. The reason is because it doesn't suit my skin and not because it isn't a good foundation... it is just too dewy looking on me and transfers off after a couple of hours. When I first applied it I loved the look and feel of it, I would recommend this for dry or normal skin. Stay away if you are a bit oily! You don't need a lot of product, it has medium coverage and blends easily, it doesn't dry out or go cakey looking. The packaging is good, I like the pump which most lower priced foundations don't include.
I have to edit this review - I have repurchased because I got compliments when I used this foundation recently. I notice that it sinks into my skin well, it doesn't sit on the surface so has a more natural effect. Because so many people commented how good my skin looked when I used it the other week I have decided that re-applying halfway through the day is worth it. I have been using the Rimmell Stay Matte powder through the centre of my face and does help with the transfer problem.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by pikerupert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got given this foundation and whilst I do love the dewiness, this just won't last on me! I don't have particularly oily skin or anything but within 4-5 hours, the lovely finish has gone and the foundation has quickly turned blotchy. Whilst this is meant to be a medium coverage foundation, I would expect it to cover up my redness and it only did after quite a few layers, but I must praise it for its blendability, colour match and how it doesn't go cakey. But overall, this foundation just didn't live up to its great claims.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by amybethan

This is a great drugstore foundation, I have normal skin and it doesn't dry it out or make it look oily like other foundations have done. It gives a really glowy look and smells lovely! The consistency of it is fantastic and it offers a medium but buildable coverage without looking cakey and stay on all day! Would definitely recommend this product :)