December 20, 2014 | 1465 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Trinity675

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This BB cream works really well for me! Like many others, I bought after seeing TiffanyDs review on the product. She also has combo/oily skin, and I've fared well from her recommendations in the past.

Most TM and BBs (well, American "BBs," but that's another topic) don't hold up well on me and are gone about halfway through my day. I hate wearing a lot on my skin and I have pretty good skin, so I always end up looking for nice, light coverage that actually lasts and doesn't break me out. A tall order apparently.

Things I love about this product:
-spf 35!! Hooray!!
- nice, smooth coverage, easy to slap on and blend in minutes
-holds up on my skin throughout the day (a miracle)
-doesn't break me out

I ran the ingredients through cosdna and only one came back as questionable, so I gave it a go. I've been using this for about 6 weeks now and no breakouts! I run EVERYTHING through cosdna now, and if it doesn't pass that test, I don't even bother.

Anyway, if you're combo/oily and looking for a light coverage product that holds up well, has a great spf, and isn't loaded with acneic ingredients, this is worth a go if you can find a shade match!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by missmaggie

Ive gone through a couple bottles already of this, I love Smashbox products and I like to go back and forth between this one and Diors hydra life bb cream. This one I find gives me more of a solid coverage with a matte finish while Dior's coverage depends on how its layered and its my go to when I want a dewy finish. Before I was using this I used Smashbox's primer so Im pretty loyal but its perfect with some powder to set for summer as it doesnt feel too heavy or mask like and of course it comes with SPF 30 so you cant lose.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample from Ulta when I ordered from there. I tried it out today and I'm so glad I tried this as a sample instead of buying it.

I have somewhat oily skin, My revlon colorstay oily/combo skin foundation with alittle translucent powder can keep my oil away all day and this BB cream definatley did not.

CONS:
Seemed like it never actually set/dried
Looks cakey with powder
Need a concealer if you have blemishes/acne scaring/hyperpigmentation
Did not control oil well at all (even with Rimmel Stay Matte powder)

PROS:
Easy to blend
Smells like sunscreen (i personally love that smell)

EDIT: I tried the smashbox CC cream.. WAY better. give that a go (:

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by JM0626

This was the very first BB Cream I tried, and I have to admit I am addicted. The positive end is that with a minimal amount I can get great coverage, yet feel like I am wearing nothing. I have acne prone skin and it covers it very well. I am hoping that by using this for a few weeks it will improve the overall quality of my skin, we'll see!

The negative? The price. At $39 (ordered right from Smashbox) I had to really push myself to try it. I am happy that I have, and as stated above, will have to see how my it affects my skin after a few weeks. If there is great improvement I will buy again, if not its on to another brand!

I do recommend at least trying this to anyone interested. At first try it exceeded my expectations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by mandiluk

My first bb cream and i love it already. I use light/medium and it blends in smoothly and very well. It looks like my natural skin color and stays on all day!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by rfasano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I might buy this again but idk. I mean i has good coverage and is a nice formula but to me it smells like sunscreen and i hate that smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Price: $56.00 CAD
Finish: natural sheen
Coverage: solid medium
Oil-control: 6-8h
Texture: thick

This feels really thick and moisturising going on. Never feels 'dry' after setting. The sheen it gives off doesn't look greasy on my T-zone. I barely need a concealer for my under eye area on a good day. You'll still need concealer for acne and hyperpigmentation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this in Light/Medium and I am about NC40 right now. It looked DARK and i could not detect any golden tones in it and got worried. I have very tan, yellow undertoned southeast asian skin and this looked like straight up tanning lotion! and sure enough, when i put it on, it was thick as heck, streaky and made my face look SOOO ashy. that fake tan dark look some people get (instead of orange, they get that dark brown "dirty" look, not golden). very difficult to apply because of the thickness. returned and got bobbi browns skin foundation instead and im loving that one!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree with many of the women here who said this product is the WORSE! Don't get me wrong- I LOVE SMASHBOX...I LOVE their tinted moisturizer...but they really "dropped the ball" when making this BB crème. WT Heck, it is soooo thick it is nearly impossible to apply. If it had better coverage, it might pass for a concealer. It also comes in a small tube which for the price is simply outrageous. Once applied the color is blotchy, drying on the skin and just unflattering. I returned mine. Not worth to try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I really hate this BB cream with every fibre of my being. If this bb cream is one of the reasons for this new BB cream craze than I want nothing to do with it. I bought it after seeing Bethany Mota (macbarbie07) include this in a lot of her tutorials saying how much she loved the product but apparently I couldn't get that lucky. I purchased this in the shade fair which was a relatively good match for my skin. When I went to apply it though it was literally impossible. This BB cream is thick and sticky and applies very streaky. The coverage was very light but miraculously you were able to see because of all the streakiness that I was wearing makeup. It was also really dewy....like unflatteringly so. It reminded me of the finish of CoverFx NaturalFx foundation which I also hated. Sigh. I'm not really sure how long it lasted cause of the really light coverage but what pisses me off most about this is that it is $50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think in USA the price is $39 but heck I wouldn't spend $39 on this. I am a huge foundation junkie so take my word for this. Its terrible.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No