September 18, 2014 | 1980 users online

Finish: natural sheen
Coverage: solid medium
Oil-control: 6-8h
Texture: thick

This feels really thick and moisturising going on. Never feels 'dry' after setting. The sheen it gives off doesn't look greasy on my T-zone. I barely need a concealer for my under eye area on a good day. You'll still need concealer for acne and hyperpigmentation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this in Light/Medium and I am about NC40 right now. It looked DARK and i could not detect any golden tones in it and got worried. I have very tan, yellow undertoned southeast asian skin and this looked like straight up tanning lotion! and sure enough, when i put it on, it was thick as heck, streaky and made my face look SOOO ashy. that fake tan dark look some people get (instead of orange, they get that dark brown "dirty" look, not golden). very difficult to apply because of the thickness. returned and got bobbi browns skin foundation instead and im loving that one!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree with many of the women here who said this product is the WORSE! Don't get me wrong- I LOVE SMASHBOX...I LOVE their tinted moisturizer...but they really "dropped the ball" when making this BB crème. WT Heck, it is soooo thick it is nearly impossible to apply. If it had better coverage, it might pass for a concealer. It also comes in a small tube which for the price is simply outrageous. Once applied the color is blotchy, drying on the skin and just unflattering. I returned mine. Not worth to try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I really hate this BB cream with every fibre of my being. If this bb cream is one of the reasons for this new BB cream craze than I want nothing to do with it. I bought it after seeing Bethany Mota (macbarbie07) include this in a lot of her tutorials saying how much she loved the product but apparently I couldn't get that lucky. I purchased this in the shade fair which was a relatively good match for my skin. When I went to apply it though it was literally impossible. This BB cream is thick and sticky and applies very streaky. The coverage was very light but miraculously you were able to see because of all the streakiness that I was wearing makeup. It was also really dewy....like unflatteringly so. It reminded me of the finish of CoverFx NaturalFx foundation which I also hated. Sigh. I'm not really sure how long it lasted cause of the really light coverage but what pisses me off most about this is that it is $50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think in USA the price is $39 but heck I wouldn't spend $39 on this. I am a huge foundation junkie so take my word for this. Its terrible.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by vickyb23

I bought this BB Cream because I was told it helps with oil control. Also, the shade I purchased matched my skin tone perfectly. HOWEVER, I found this way to thick and hard to blend. I also broke out while using this! Like really bad. And it made me look more shiny, rather than controlling my oil. Such a terrible experience with this BB Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by rbellew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this for a light coverage quick go to foundation. I have dry/combo skin and this works well in the summer and winter. I would set it with a good powder to keep it from fading.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Smurf72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was $39 for a little tube. I wanted to like it but it oxidized and gave me an orange line at my jaw after it had been on a while. My 15 year old daughter uses it now and it looks great on her (all make up looks good on wrinkle free skin) but I noticed she didn't blend it good the other day and she had the orange line too. She thought she may have put too much on that day because it doesn't do that everytime. I just don't trust it though. I do however love the smashbox photo ready concealer and have re-bought it several times.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Hasu

Dont care for it. tried much better products before. Another over hyped product that barely gives coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL! (my original review from 9/13/2012)

I finally broke down a bought this about a month ago. It does exactly what it says on the packaging. Smashbox and Maybelline are the only two companies selling B.B. Creams that offer options for people who are darker than just light and medium.

While I like Maybelline's version, Smashbox is wayyyyy better. I don't have to apply anything to my skin before this product. I literally wash my face, apply the b.b. cream and go. It smooths out my complexion with one light coat. I only apply a light dusting of transculent powder to my t-zone and I'm set for the day. It lasts me about 8 hours and has not irritated my skin. You can easily build this up for a full coverage look (you'll need to add a powder on top).

The price tag is my only complaint. It does not need to be as expensive, but you don't need alot to get good coverage.

I wear Revlon Colorstay in a Carmel/Cappuccino mix, Mac in NW45 and MUFE in 173/175. The color (dark) is spot on for my skintone. You can't tell that I am wearing anything when I have this on, it makes my skin look beautiful!

This is a definite win for me. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works when the weather gets cooler and drier.

***EDIT*** (2/2013)

I'm still loving my Smashbox BB Cream, but now that my skin is in it's 'winter phase' the color is not as great of a match as last summer. If I wear it alone, it washes me out. I can correct this easily with my powder but shouldn't have to do this. It still has wonderful coverage and I have not had any breakouts with this product. I guess I'll just have to keep this one for the summer months. Thankfully Iman has finally come out with a BB Cream exclusively for women of color that I can't wait to try!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by sayshal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this BB cream by a sales associate at ULTA when I mentioned that most BB creams I try break me out and the ones that don't, simply don't work with my skin tone. After seeing the fair was a near perfect match for my winter skin I decided to try it out. This product caused horrible breakouts for me. My skin is acne-prone, but its usually hormonal and easy to control, I'm now having to adopt a whole new skin-care regimen to fix the damage this product caused. Basically, think twice if your skin can be acne-prone.