November 23, 2014 | 1497 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by KatieBatieFoFatie

This is a very natural lip color although I will say that I need to apply a lip conditioning treatment underneath or I do find these make my lips appear a bit dry on their own. If I use a heavier treatment at night, I can use these alone. The color is very natural and the formula is light enough for daily use. Overall, I am a fan of these and I am glad that they are becoming more readily available, I look forward to trying more colors!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I love nude shade lipsticks. This I thought would for sure be my shade looking into the tube. Since I wanted a nude color. I hate all lipbutters after I noticed they ruined the condition of my lips and severely dried them out but that is a different story ,as far as this shade goes this might look good on other people, maybe those with lighter complexions and lip color. I have lips that are already pretty pigmented and this did not have any payoff at all on my lips no matter how much I applied all I got was some shimmer ughh almost frosty. It was nothing like I expected from looking at it in the tube. I see that the good reviews for this are people with fair skin. So if you are a lipbutter fan(which I am not) I would suggest this for very fair and far skin tones that don't mind shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by loraanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice nude color. This is not my favorite shade out of all the Lip Butters, but I have been dying to get my hands on a nude color and this actually flatters my skin tone. This color goes on a lot sheerer than the other colors but it builds up very well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the least favorite of mine, out of the shades that I've recently selected simply because I find it boring. I prefer nude lip products to have subtle shimmer (not frost) In order to stop one from looking dead. However this nude color isn't too nude, and the subtle sheer saves me from looking like a corpse.

I love the formulations of ALL Revlon lip butters.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by internetgirl

A very nice nude color. This isn't the kind of nude that makes you look dead. It has a bit of color. The texture of revlon lip butters are creamy and moisturizing but not thick at all. I bought this at a buy one and get one free sale. Great deal! It has a subtle sweet vanilla smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

creme brulee is a nice tan-nude lip butter.it shines,moisturizes,brings a nice color to the lips.verry nice color! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by darkskinsexylips

I love nude shade lipsticks. I have a mocha complexion and I love to wear shimmery beige-y shades. This fits the bill. I have been wearing more light and shimmery shade eyeshadows with just a bit of winged black eyeliner on the upper lid, and the look is really nice; a reverse smokey-eyed look. And, it emphasizes my big brown eyes. Paired with the nude lip shade, it is a done-up, yet somewhat understated look -- takes me less than 10 minutes to do this look. A gorgeous look on a darker complexion, but it would work on any complexion. I also have Brown Sugar which is a gorgeous slightly darker shimmery beige nude. Beautiful colour.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this with Brown Sugar, so I'll compare the two. Creme Brulee is a sheer brown, not so much nude. It leaves a gray hint on my lips after excessive layering, otherwise it looks like vaseline on my lips. Just a sheen of glossy lips but no color in particular.Brown Sugar is the most pigmented of the brown shades. Its an opaque coppery bronze with a frost finish (which kills the color for me.) IMO neither would show up much on pigmented lips, Im NC25 and mine are average in color.

I won't repurchase these colors because I only use them to top off other drier lippies, by themselves their just too boring & not worth the $.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty disappointed in this product. I went out and bought creme brulee after all of the hype about lip butters, since I wanted a sheer nude color. it might look good on other people, maybe those with lighter complexions and lip color. i have lips that are already pretty prgmented and this just looked really weird on me. like frosty. after i got home and tried it on, i asked my family what they thought and they said it looked like i had a layer of wax on my lips. it made my lips look bigger, but they had a whitish cast to them. maybe on someone with light pink lips it would look better.

aside from the color, i thought the consistency was pretty nice and smooth. it didn't last that long, though, i had to keep reapplying to keep it from fading. i thought it was reasonably moisturizing, but in the long run it seemed to have a drying effect. like an hour after putting it on, my lips seemed dryer than before i had put it on. i've used regular lipsticks with similar moisture levels so i don't think the moisturizing ability of this lip butter was anything unique..

to sum it up, i won't be buying any other lip butters, because this one didn't seem like anything particularly special and i didn't like how the color looked on me. i was looking for a tinted lip balm, not something that looked unnatural.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by narwhal4life

I was disappointed in this product. After using maybelline's baby lips I expected this product to be even better because it was twice the price. Now, admittedly this product is much more moisturizing than any ordinary lipstick, but the colour payoff is streaky and fairly sheer. The product is very buildable, but when it is built up the product becomes messy and bleeds everywhere. I find this product to be extremely messy, and it is more a gloss formula than I would have liked. The glossiness of this product means its much less opaque, and even a bit sticky. Its pretty moisturizing, but still not something that I would apply on chapped lips. Its also worth mentioning that there is not very much product in the tube, and I can not even twist mine up without it breaking. This product is okay at best, but the colour isn't the most flattering on me simply because I find it to be too glossy. The nude itself is quite tan, more skin toned than pink.