Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

3.6

Polybutene, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Neopentyl Glycol Dithylhexanoate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Zinc Ricinoleate, Squalane, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Fragrance, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, May Contain:, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Carmine (CI 75470), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410)

on 1/6/2012 9:55:00 AM

I have a few shades of the lip butters and I was looking forward most to this one because it's a browny light nude. The color is nice especially because I have really pigmented lips that I want to tone down. The texture of this, however, is pretty gritty, at least grittier than I thought and wanted it to be. I wouldn't say its unbearable but it's not what I want on my lips. That is probably the most disappointing part of it. It also tends to highlight the dryness in my lips, which most light colors do anyways. Not my favorite, but I suppose it is still nice to carry in my purse.

This is a very natural lip color although I will say that I need to apply a lip conditioning treatment underneath or I do find these make my lips appear a bit dry on their own. If I use a heavier treatment at night, I can use these alone. The color is very natural and the formula is light enough for daily use. Overall, I am a fan of these and I am glad that they are becoming more readily available, I look forward to trying more colors!

on 12/30/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love nude shade lipsticks. This I thought would for sure be my shade looking into the tube. Since I wanted a nude color. I hate all lipbutters after I noticed they ruined the condition of my lips and severely dried them out but that is a different story ,as far as this shade goes this might look good on other people, maybe those with lighter complexions and lip color. I have lips that are already pretty pigmented and this did not have any payoff at all on my lips no matter how much I applied all I got was some shimmer ughh almost frosty. It was nothing like I expected from looking at it in the tube. I see that the good reviews for this are people with fair skin. So if you are a lipbutter fan(which I am not) I would suggest this for very fair and far skin tones that don't mind shimmer.

on 12/26/2011 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a nice nude color. This is not my favorite shade out of all the Lip Butters, but I have been dying to get my hands on a nude color and this actually flatters my skin tone. This color goes on a lot sheerer than the other colors but it builds up very well.

on 12/23/2011 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the least favorite of mine, out of the shades that I've recently selected simply because I find it boring. I prefer nude lip products to have subtle shimmer (not frost) In order to stop one from looking dead. However this nude color isn't too nude, and the subtle sheer saves me from looking like a corpse.

I love the formulations of ALL Revlon lip butters.

on 12/16/2011 2:10:00 PM

A very nice nude color. This isn't the kind of nude that makes you look dead. It has a bit of color. The texture of revlon lip butters are creamy and moisturizing but not thick at all. I bought this at a buy one and get one free sale. Great deal! It has a subtle sweet vanilla smell.

on 12/15/2011 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

creme brulee is a nice tan-nude lip butter.it shines,moisturizes,brings a nice color to the lips.verry nice color! Love it!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love nude shade lipsticks. I have a mocha complexion and I love to wear shimmery beige-y shades. This fits the bill. I have been wearing more light and shimmery shade eyeshadows with just a bit of winged black eyeliner on the upper lid, and the look is really nice; a reverse smokey-eyed look. And, it emphasizes my big brown eyes. Paired with the nude lip shade, it is a done-up, yet somewhat understated look -- takes me less than 10 minutes to do this look. A gorgeous look on a darker complexion, but it would work on any complexion. I also have Brown Sugar which is a gorgeous slightly darker shimmery beige nude. Beautiful colour.

on 12/4/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this with Brown Sugar, so I'll compare the two. Creme Brulee is a sheer brown, not so much nude. It leaves a gray hint on my lips after excessive layering, otherwise it looks like vaseline on my lips. Just a sheen of glossy lips but no color in particular.Brown Sugar is the most pigmented of the brown shades. Its an opaque coppery bronze with a frost finish (which kills the color for me.) IMO neither would show up much on pigmented lips, Im NC25 and mine are average in color.

I won't repurchase these colors because I only use them to top off other drier lippies, by themselves their just too boring & not worth the $.

on 12/4/2011 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm pretty disappointed in this product. I went out and bought creme brulee after all of the hype about lip butters, since I wanted a sheer nude color. it might look good on other people, maybe those with lighter complexions and lip color. i have lips that are already pretty prgmented and this just looked really weird on me. like frosty. after i got home and tried it on, i asked my family what they thought and they said it looked like i had a layer of wax on my lips. it made my lips look bigger, but they had a whitish cast to them. maybe on someone with light pink lips it would look better.

aside from the color, i thought the consistency was pretty nice and smooth. it didn't last that long, though, i had to keep reapplying to keep it from fading. i thought it was reasonably moisturizing, but in the long run it seemed to have a drying effect. like an hour after putting it on, my lips seemed dryer than before i had put it on. i've used regular lipsticks with similar moisture levels so i don't think the moisturizing ability of this lip butter was anything unique..

to sum it up, i won't be buying any other lip butters, because this one didn't seem like anything particularly special and i didn't like how the color looked on me. i was looking for a tinted lip balm, not something that looked unnatural.

Popular Lipsticks