October 20, 2014 | 2070 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by xchococatx

I've been searching for the PERFECT eyeliner for a while, just because my eyelids can get VERY VERY greasy and it always rubs off. I've searched HIGH AND LOW for the perfect gel eyeliner. I used to RAVEEEE about the Wet n Wild gel eyeliner, but that product dried out in about 4 months...Although it was dirt cheap it CANNOT compare to the essence gel eyeliner. First of all, the staying power on this is AMAZING...It stays on my very oily lids for a long long LONGGGGGG time. To make it stay on even LONGER, i usually prime my lids with urban decay's eye primer. I have this gel eyeliner in the brown. Its a VERY pretty color and can be used on a daily basis without appearing too harsh. The thing about this eyeliner is that it glides on smooth like a kohl eyeliner pencil, yet has the staying power and precision of a liquid eyeliner!!! I got this for about 3.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada) SO I SUGGEST everyone who hasn't gotten it to run and get it now, because usually products that become extremely product get a price raise eventually. ALSO, i haven't experienced ANY problems with this eyeliner drying out yet as I have with my other gel eyeliners. GET THIS GEL EYELINER, you won't regret it! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by sarahdbillingsley

Best eyeliner ever!

Does exactly what it should do: goes on smoothly, doesn't smudge, lasts all day. Plus, it's very inexpensive! I like this better than any eyeliner I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The BEST black gel liner I've tried! I also have Bobbi Brown gel liners, but the Essence is much better! The formula is creamy and goes on so smooth! I find with the Bobbi Brown it's more thick and doesn't glide on as smooth as this one! It lasts a long time, it's pigmented, it's sooo affordable! It;s my HG of gel liners! Save yourself a lot of money and invest in the Essence gel liner! I've tried other drugstore gel liners and they were ok, but nothing great...I tried Revlon and L'Oreal. Essence all the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Marybelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this! I am a MAC fiend, and I actually prefer this over my MAC gel liners. It does not budge (I actually have to be careful not to make a mistake when applying), but I never ever get the raccoon look from this liner. I have it in black, I'm having a hard time finding other colors, or else I'd buy them all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

The Esscence Gel Eyeliner comes in a decently heavy round glass jar with a black lid with a design and general information on it. On the bottom of the jar is a bit more information (color, location of brand), and the barcode is stuck to the side of it, which I have yet to peel off. At Ulta, the only local store that sells Essence (that I know of), the section of this brand of cosmetics is always near empty. I think it's party because it's so inexpensive and sells out easily, and partly because it may be viewed as a little kid brand (again, because it's so inexpensive and the display looks rather...young) so the staff doesn't bother to restock it regurally, which really stinks because I happen to love this brand! They have great lip products. I never bothered to check out their eye makeup until I read all the rave reviews for it. Lately, I've been looking for a nice black eyeliner, and gel liner is so easy for me to apply. It's actually easier for me than pencil liner is. Weird? I'm not sure. I apply this using the Essence gel liner brush (1.99 and awesome!) and make one clean line along my upper lash line. I like wearing this with shimmery shadows and less dramatic mascara to acentuate my lashes and make them look bold without being overly dramatic. This retails for 3.99 at my local Ulta. I definitely like this product a lot, and will look into trying more eye makeup products from this brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Roes797

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY FAVOURITE EYELINER :D
I found this at my local Shoppers Drugmart for $3.99CAD. I have this in the colour "Midnight in Paris". This gel eyeliner has lasted me about 5.5 months of everyday use! It is JET BLACK and so creamy and smooth. I love the packaging. It is a glass container with a platic lid. I can wear this for more than 24hours and go swimming in this without it smudging or chipping. It's basically bulletproof. The only thing is that after wearing this for more than about 13 hours, the colour will fade in the slightest bit. No one notices, but me. I also have the MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack" and these two are definately comparable. I will even say that I prefer the Essence one more the Mac. The Essence eyeliner is $3.99CAD vs $18.00CAD for the Mac. I stay to go for Essence. I reccommend this to all my friends who ask me "What is the best eyeliner?".

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Queertoxic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Upon seeing it at my local drugstore in Singapore, I immediately bought 4 jars of them and clear the shelf out because of the reviews. :D

I must say that this is. freaking. amazing!
Better than Maybelline and Loreal, and even though I haven't tried Bobby Brown or MAC, I see no reason to because this has already won my heart!

It's really long lasting, and doesn't smudge at all. It's amazing.

AND Essence doesn't test on animals, which makes me love them even more. :D
It's my go-to brand whenever shopping for cosmetics at the drugstores.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by SweetTartx3

Wow. this product really really surprised me! it being so cheap i didnt not expect to like it this much. i am an everyday eyeliner wearer and this just does the freaking job beautifully! ditching my 26$ stila eyeliner for this. the brush is meehh.. recommend buying another eyeliner brush from like mac or wtv

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Love it - my HG gel liners! I have 2: London Baby & Midnight in Paris - both very gorgeous pigmented shades. They are long lasting and for the most part, smudgeproof. Will buy again especially because it's so cheap.

EDIT 25/09/13: Dropped this from 5 lippie rating to only 2. 'Midnight in Paris' is still creamy but smudges horribly. 'London Baby' has dried considerably but is still useable - it still smudges slightly but not as bad as 'Midnight in Paris'. I can't bear smudged eyeliner transferring to the top of my lids when I blink (I've monolids) or eyeliner transferring way below my bottom lashline even when I'm wearing eye primer. I will have to throw these out soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by SB80

My new HG. I have dermatitis around my eyes. Previously owned MAC and Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliners, the latter was my HG before discovering these little beauties. They go on smooth, are very pigmented and last all day. And at 1/10th the price of BB, who can complain? Will definitely continue to repurchase :) <3