August 29, 2014 | 1630 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Roes797

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY FAVOURITE EYELINER :D
I found this at my local Shoppers Drugmart for $3.99CAD. I have this in the colour "Midnight in Paris". This gel eyeliner has lasted me about 5.5 months of everyday use! It is JET BLACK and so creamy and smooth. I love the packaging. It is a glass container with a platic lid. I can wear this for more than 24hours and go swimming in this without it smudging or chipping. It's basically bulletproof. The only thing is that after wearing this for more than about 13 hours, the colour will fade in the slightest bit. No one notices, but me. I also have the MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack" and these two are definately comparable. I will even say that I prefer the Essence one more the Mac. The Essence eyeliner is $3.99CAD vs $18.00CAD for the Mac. I stay to go for Essence. I reccommend this to all my friends who ask me "What is the best eyeliner?".

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Queertoxic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Upon seeing it at my local drugstore in Singapore, I immediately bought 4 jars of them and clear the shelf out because of the reviews. :D

I must say that this is. freaking. amazing!
Better than Maybelline and Loreal, and even though I haven't tried Bobby Brown or MAC, I see no reason to because this has already won my heart!

It's really long lasting, and doesn't smudge at all. It's amazing.

AND Essence doesn't test on animals, which makes me love them even more. :D
It's my go-to brand whenever shopping for cosmetics at the drugstores.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by SweetTartx3

Wow. this product really really surprised me! it being so cheap i didnt not expect to like it this much. i am an everyday eyeliner wearer and this just does the freaking job beautifully! ditching my 26$ stila eyeliner for this. the brush is meehh.. recommend buying another eyeliner brush from like mac or wtv

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Love it - my HG gel liners! I have 2: London Baby & Midnight in Paris - both very gorgeous pigmented shades. They are long lasting and for the most part, smudgeproof. Will buy again especially because it's so cheap.

EDIT 25/09/13: Dropped this from 5 lippie rating to only 2. 'Midnight in Paris' is still creamy but smudges horribly. 'London Baby' has dried considerably but is still useable - it still smudges slightly but not as bad as 'Midnight in Paris'. I can't bear smudged eyeliner transferring to the top of my lids when I blink (I've monolids) or eyeliner transferring way below my bottom lashline even when I'm wearing eye primer. I will have to throw these out soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by SB80

My new HG. I have dermatitis around my eyes. Previously owned MAC and Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliners, the latter was my HG before discovering these little beauties. They go on smooth, are very pigmented and last all day. And at 1/10th the price of BB, who can complain? Will definitely continue to repurchase :) <3

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by ladypamela1

These are great eyeliners. I grabbed every color I saw. They do not budge, even if applied on the waterline and that is saying a lot! I am just upset they did not have london baby- the brown color. They are beautiful to apply. My favorite brush for this is my Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush- the one that looks like a smudgie end of an eye pencil. They are perhaps a little thicker in consistency then other cream liners so you dont want too much on your brush. They stay on all day and then some if you are not meticulous in removing it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by ammyranth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This eyeliner is actually amazing, I can't believe I can buy something so cheap in Australia that works. I own these in the black and the grayish colour called London Baby, both of these work so well.

I see no reason to try Fluidline or any other more expensive liners, I also find these colours work great as a base for doing a smoky eye, the set a little quickly so you have to work fast, I also do notice some transfer onto the top of my lid if I make my lines too thick but nothing to complain about for a $5 product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by xxperfectdenialxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I have this in two colours, London Baby and Midnight in Paris. I LOVE Midnight in Paris (black). It's super easy to apply, lasts for ages and again is SO easy to use (unlike the Maybelline one). I would give Midnight in Paris a 5, however because I'm writing a review for two colours I have to give a 4 because.....London Baby is just not as good. And I want it to be because I think for me brown is a much nicer daytime colour for me (not as harsh or as dressy as black). London Baby still applies well (although I do need two coats), but by the end of the day it has sort of separated on my lid. So close to the lash line it is brown but a little above that (and I only do a thin line), is the shimmery part of it. Which is annoying because I would like my liner to last ALL day. It is however a great liner that is dirt cheap ($5.95 AUD). I would like to find some of the "Sun"colours though. Other than that the only suggestion I would make would be that it would be great if the pots were sealed. I find that I have to go through the whole display to find a pot that someone hasn't left a fingerprint in = /

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Rubbish don't purchase this I bought the grey one it was totally unpigmented worn away straight away yuk!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by AlliBear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product!!
PROS-
-VERYY creamy
-Its dirt cheap
-No smudging involved(;
-Waterproof
CONS-
-Fades after a while

It is easy to remove if you use either Almay makeup remover pads or Mary Kay liquid makeup remover(;