April 19, 2014 | 1901 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

apologies for professional review from an ol pro. I always seem to revert back to this for personal use. Although I'm seriously loving airbase airbrush foundation. This is fantastic for more mature skin,can be brushed in to look airbrushed, does not dry, its a semi Dewey finish. I never wear one simple foundation, most of us pro artist always mix. I would like to see more shades, but with chanel you pay for quality, with Mac its fashion and a vast range of shades, although most products are quality products. Far too pricey for student make up artist, and young member can find far cheaper products as it cost £31

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by LeonieE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this fd for a couple of months, but I am not to happy with it. It does not cover anything and after a couple of hours my skin turns oily (and I don't even have a oily skin). Also the colour is not good for me, it is way to orange. I think this is a good fd for women who don't need/want to wear a lot of foundation, but not if you want your fd to cover up. After this one, I tried vitalumiere aqua and I do think that fd is a lot better, at least for me :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by jod84

i got a tester of this after buying a chanel lipstick and i'm not sure if i like it as much as my estee lauder double wear. fist of all if you don't have problem skin this makeup would be perfect for you it does a good job at covering redness and evening out your skin tone it looks very natural and non cakey but it won't cover spots or freckles. the staying power is great but probably not the best product or very oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by tomlul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried so many foundations and I'm usually disappointed. But with Vitalumiere I've found what I need... at last !
It's easy to apply and my skin feels very confortable with it all day (good hydration too). It gives a nice natural glow that I love.
As for the coverage, it's good but not fantastic. But for me, it's exactly what I want, so now I really can't do with it !
I'll buy again, for sure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

This is my first Chanel foundation (I've got a few other since). I honestly am a little disappointed with this foundation, I believe it could be improved.
I got this in 03 Beige and I think the shade blends extremely well with my natural skin tone and therefore the finish looks like a second skin on me.
My only problem with this is it DOES look OILY! If this turned oily throughout the day I could understand and conclude that I might have some adverse reaction to it, but this was already oily the minute I put it on my face!
I dont have oily skin, so on me it seriously does not look too bad, I'm the only one that notice it on my face, even so it just not good enough!
I can't imagine people with oily skin wearing this, if oil control is your problem, save your money and avoid this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by AllKillNoDrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The more reviews I read for this product, the more I think the ladies of the Chanel counter either didn't know what they were doing or just wanted to get rid of some old Vitalumiere stock.

I was having trouble with my skin being much drier than usual last winter, and I had heard great things about Chanel from my boss so I figured I'd give it a try. The Chanel rep looked at my skin and recommended Vitalumiere in Diaphane. This seemed much too light for me, (I'm NW20 for reference), but I figured she was the expert and I bought the product.

Long story short, I hate this. I've tried to make it work for me but it just won't. Way way too slick and greasy, slides right off my face, even with setting powder. The pump is nice but it leaks around the collar. The scent is a little heavy but wears away fairly quickly.

I think if you're older with extremely dry skin, this could work well for you. However, if you're even a little bit combination, this will simply be a hot, greasy mess.
Lesson: save your receipts, always!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by honeygirl808

I just bought the Vitalumiere foundation in 07 Ivoire and I love it! I was a little torn between the Aqua formula and this one, but settled on the Vitalumiere because it felt better on my slightly dry skin. The Aqua formulation, I felt, settled right in my wrinkles and didn't lay right on my skin, if that makes sense. I need the extra moisture and this feels so nice and creamy and light, and just kind of blended in with my skin without looking cakey. I was concerned that it would feel too moist on my skin, but with a light application of powder on my t-zone, I looked dewy but not sweaty. I like the glow factor with this foundation; it gave me such a radiant, glow-y look that my husband even commented on how good my skin looked! As for longevity, I had it applied around 10:30/11:30am and I washed it off around 9:30pm and it still looked great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 8:43:00 AM More reviews by gardener101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin tends to get a bit oily, but I find that this is a very comfortable foundation and does not give me grease overdose even though I stay in a hot and humid climate. It is very flattering on my Asian skin and lasts the whole day without oxidation. I set it with jurlique's silk powder (this powder is amazing with all my foundations).

Had a tough time deciding between the Aqua version of this, but the beauty advisor advised that this one gives better coverage. Am glad I went for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by nelson2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love the dewy look this gives you. if you dont set it with a powder it only lasts a couple of hours.

i like this so much, because it feels like its less harmfull to the skin than aqua-lumiere or other foundations.

i would say this is for dry skin only.

its very fascinating, how darker shaded colours really give a glow of sun-kissed to the skin. no 40 was the best i ever used. but my current shade matches my skin too much (haha -but it really does) so its not that flattering as no. 40 was. next time no 40 it is again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

I love Vitalumière! I could never find a shade match until Diaphane (Intensité 0.2) came along, only to be subsequently discontinued (I swear Chanel discontinues / changes products more frequently than any other line. Sigh...). Diaphane was the lightest shade of Vitalumière -- and the only Chanel shade that is actually light enough for me. I would have appreciated it for this fact alone -- but it's also just a lovely foundation! It blends beautifully, leaving an even, smooth finish; my skin seems to glow. As one reviewer mentioned, it really does not seem to set (or dry, really) on its own; I always have to add a touch of powder to set it. It's worth it, though -- it really does make my skin look amazing!

It did not break me out or irritate my skin in the least. I do not like the fragrance -- it's a bit perfumey and too sweet -- but while it is very noticeable at first, it does not linger on the skin much longer than a few minutes. Still, if you are sensitive to fragrance, you may want to skip this one.

All in all, lovely -- and sad that it is discontinued.

For reference: NW5-10; NARS Siberia.