July 29, 2014 | 1753 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by escapingxreality

I picked this over the Vitalumiere Aqua because I wanted a more dewy finish and because I wanted a little more coverage even though the lady at the Chanel counter told me that Vitalumiere Aqua is better suited for the summer than Vitalumiere is since Vitalumiere Aqua is water based. I'm very surprised at the reviews that said that they felt that Vitalumiere Aqua provided more coverage than Vitalumiere as the lady who worked at the Chanel counter told me that Vitalumiere Aqua was the sheerest and had the lowest amount of coverage out of all the foundations Chanel offers.

I love that the foundation gives me a flawless and very natural look. Everyone says they can't tell that I have any foundation on. It evens out my skin tone and it covers up any redness I may have on my face. Usually, I wouldn't buy such an expensive foundation. However, after trying it on, even my mom (who has never paid more than $10 for makeup) insisted I buy it. It really does look that great.

A lot of people have said that this makes their skin look super oily after several hours of application That being said, I don't think this is really suited for oily skin. I think it would make your skin look even more oily. I have combination skin/skin on the drier side and I have yet to see such effects. Then again, my skin is relatively good. It only needs a little coverage so I may put on a lot less than others would. That may be the reason why I haven't experienced the oily sheen so many others have.

The scent that several people have commented on doesn't bother me. In fact, I can hardly smell it. The only time I do smell it is whenever I'm pumping some of the foundation out of the bottle. However, I can see how it would bother somebody with a sensitive nose.

Like everyone before me has said, it DOES rub off. I've noticed though that after 30 minutes or so, it stops doing that. I'm not sure if that's because the product has settled in or because it's faded away though.

This foundation is not for everyone. I recommend trying it on at the store first and walking around with a few hours on to see how it reacts with your skin and how it holds out on your skin. For me, it's nearly perfect (except for the rubbing off part) but this may not be the case for others.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

apologies for professional review from an ol pro. I always seem to revert back to this for personal use. Although I'm seriously loving airbase airbrush foundation. This is fantastic for more mature skin,can be brushed in to look airbrushed, does not dry, its a semi Dewey finish. I never wear one simple foundation, most of us pro artist always mix. I would like to see more shades, but with chanel you pay for quality, with Mac its fashion and a vast range of shades, although most products are quality products. Far too pricey for student make up artist, and young member can find far cheaper products as it cost £31

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by LeonieE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this fd for a couple of months, but I am not to happy with it. It does not cover anything and after a couple of hours my skin turns oily (and I don't even have a oily skin). Also the colour is not good for me, it is way to orange. I think this is a good fd for women who don't need/want to wear a lot of foundation, but not if you want your fd to cover up. After this one, I tried vitalumiere aqua and I do think that fd is a lot better, at least for me :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by jod84

i got a tester of this after buying a chanel lipstick and i'm not sure if i like it as much as my estee lauder double wear. fist of all if you don't have problem skin this makeup would be perfect for you it does a good job at covering redness and evening out your skin tone it looks very natural and non cakey but it won't cover spots or freckles. the staying power is great but probably not the best product or very oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by tomlul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried so many foundations and I'm usually disappointed. But with Vitalumiere I've found what I need... at last !
It's easy to apply and my skin feels very confortable with it all day (good hydration too). It gives a nice natural glow that I love.
As for the coverage, it's good but not fantastic. But for me, it's exactly what I want, so now I really can't do with it !
I'll buy again, for sure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

This is my first Chanel foundation (I've got a few other since). I honestly am a little disappointed with this foundation, I believe it could be improved.
I got this in 03 Beige and I think the shade blends extremely well with my natural skin tone and therefore the finish looks like a second skin on me.
My only problem with this is it DOES look OILY! If this turned oily throughout the day I could understand and conclude that I might have some adverse reaction to it, but this was already oily the minute I put it on my face!
I dont have oily skin, so on me it seriously does not look too bad, I'm the only one that notice it on my face, even so it just not good enough!
I can't imagine people with oily skin wearing this, if oil control is your problem, save your money and avoid this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by AllKillNoDrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The more reviews I read for this product, the more I think the ladies of the Chanel counter either didn't know what they were doing or just wanted to get rid of some old Vitalumiere stock.

I was having trouble with my skin being much drier than usual last winter, and I had heard great things about Chanel from my boss so I figured I'd give it a try. The Chanel rep looked at my skin and recommended Vitalumiere in Diaphane. This seemed much too light for me, (I'm NW20 for reference), but I figured she was the expert and I bought the product.

Long story short, I hate this. I've tried to make it work for me but it just won't. Way way too slick and greasy, slides right off my face, even with setting powder. The pump is nice but it leaks around the collar. The scent is a little heavy but wears away fairly quickly.

I think if you're older with extremely dry skin, this could work well for you. However, if you're even a little bit combination, this will simply be a hot, greasy mess.
Lesson: save your receipts, always!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by honeygirl808

I just bought the Vitalumiere foundation in 07 Ivoire and I love it! I was a little torn between the Aqua formula and this one, but settled on the Vitalumiere because it felt better on my slightly dry skin. The Aqua formulation, I felt, settled right in my wrinkles and didn't lay right on my skin, if that makes sense. I need the extra moisture and this feels so nice and creamy and light, and just kind of blended in with my skin without looking cakey. I was concerned that it would feel too moist on my skin, but with a light application of powder on my t-zone, I looked dewy but not sweaty. I like the glow factor with this foundation; it gave me such a radiant, glow-y look that my husband even commented on how good my skin looked! As for longevity, I had it applied around 10:30/11:30am and I washed it off around 9:30pm and it still looked great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 8:43:00 AM More reviews by gardener101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin tends to get a bit oily, but I find that this is a very comfortable foundation and does not give me grease overdose even though I stay in a hot and humid climate. It is very flattering on my Asian skin and lasts the whole day without oxidation. I set it with jurlique's silk powder (this powder is amazing with all my foundations).

Had a tough time deciding between the Aqua version of this, but the beauty advisor advised that this one gives better coverage. Am glad I went for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by nelson2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love the dewy look this gives you. if you dont set it with a powder it only lasts a couple of hours.

i like this so much, because it feels like its less harmfull to the skin than aqua-lumiere or other foundations.

i would say this is for dry skin only.

its very fascinating, how darker shaded colours really give a glow of sun-kissed to the skin. no 40 was the best i ever used. but my current shade matches my skin too much (haha -but it really does) so its not that flattering as no. 40 was. next time no 40 it is again.