Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I ADORE Revlon's Just Bitten line, so I thought I'd give these a shot as well. They feel like a cross between a lipstick and a lip balm. They last longer than a lip gloss but less than a lipstick or stain; I usually reapply every few hours, and definitely after eating.

Pros:
-heavenly vanilla scent
-packaging and feel seem more high end (much better overall first impression than, say, Wet 'n' Wild)
-applies like butter (as the name suggests), but not in an overly greasy way... very smooth and will not dry out over time, although I've never had a problem with dry lips
-color: I can only attest to Peach Parfait, but it's a gorgeous medium-dark pink with a hint of shimmer; very close to my actual lip color

Cons:
-again, I'm not blown away with the staying power
-I paid $8 which is pretty steep for a drugstore lip product

Other than that, I really enjoy this in Peach Parfait, even though I wish it wasn't so close to my natural lip color, as I was looking for more of a coloring balm and less of a nude one. However I enjoy pulling this out and applying it, because the packaging just makes me feel like a 20th century Parisian woman. :)

on 8/13/2013 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My friend told me I HAD to try this. I got a coral color. Looks okay, a little dry. Does not feel like butter, not as smooth as you'd expect hearing the name. Not shiny, but I'm not a big fan of shiny anyway...I'm sure a gloss would look great over it if needed. It was fine, just wasn't as great as my expectations.

on 8/11/2013 10:51:00 AM

I bought the shade Pink Truffle. It was priced at about £8. It was the perfect natural colour for my lips but unfortunately it went a bit grainy and has a horrible consistency that lasts about an hour. After that it's like it was never there. Reapplication only makes it worse. There's so little product in the tube and it wears down really fast because it's so soft. It also wore down wonky (my fault!) After hearing so many rave reviews I was let down by the lip butters.

I have mixed feeling about this product. I have four shades: Lollipop, Sweet Tart, Strawberry Shortcake, and Tutti Frutti. While these colors have nice pigmentation and apply very smoothly, I feel like they apply TOO smooth. Meaning, they are very slippery. Without a lip balm, I still feel like it's hard to control the application of this on my lips. It doesn't apply evenly. Yet I find myself eyeing the display all the time. I usually pass because I feel that there are better lip products out there with similar colors. and it retails for close to $10 in my drugstores. I might as well buy a high end lipstick that is better quality. When my four tubes run out, I will not repurchase any of them. I guess I bought more in the hopes that they would blow me away. Let's just say, I am disappointed in these. Especially with all the hype that comes along with it. I was expecting a miracle, not an uneven mess of greasy lip color. Pass on this one.

on 8/7/2013 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this product--a lot of the pinker/lighter colours don't show up on my lips at all, but the darker/redder ones look and feel amazing. I have this in 5 colours; in increasing darkness, I have Sugar Frosting, Cotton Candy, Strawberry Shortcake (all three are lightish pink), Raspberry Pie, and Fig Jam. Out of the five, I regret purchasing three of them. Sugar Frosting and Cotton Candy look very similar applied even on white paper, and the first 3 look pretty much the same on my lips. Out of the 3 lighter ones, I'd go for Strawberry Shortcake, which is a nice, a bit sheer, warm pink. Sugar Frosting is too shimmery for my tastes, and Cotton Candy is too light. Raspberry Pie is a darker red colour, while Fig Jam is similar but a bit more brown. Both look about the same applied, though--I'd say to go for one of the two, not both.

People have said this product is moisturizing...I wouldn't exactly say that, but more "not drying". You can't use this in place of a lip balm, but you can wear it on its own without problems. Lasts well enough and is easy to use, a great product overall.

on 8/5/2013 4:56:00 AM

Revlon Lip Butter, Literally a butter for your lips. Feels just like butter! Glides on and moisturises your lips for at least 3-4 hours, feel so luxurious! Now for the colour... With moisturising lipsticks or glossy lipsticks, due to the high content of balm the colour never lasts long enough! With this though you still have that sheer gloss but the colour stains your lips slightly so lasts longer than your average lipstick. Its a more sheer glossy finish rather than a solid block colour. The perfect lip colour for the summer, beach or picnic!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

closest I've gotten to "nude" lips- my new HG product!

After searching high and low for a product that would help me achieve the perfect nude lip look, I decided to give this a shot. I was skeptical this would work for me, although I am satisfied with my other Revlon lip butters. After scouring the reviews here on BL, I went for it, with the highest of hopes. And I wasn't let down. The shade is a sheer champagne/tan and doesn't look too warm on me- it mutes my lip color but enough of my natural color melds with the subtle warmness of the product to create an almost perfect nude lip! Its not super opaque but doesn't appear super sheer either. I was soooo happy this worked for me, cannot even tell you! Since I hit gold on this, thanks to Beautylish, my nude lip luck skyrocketed. I love layering Rimmel London's Stay Glossy lipgloss in 050 Unlimited Gold over to give my lips a slick nude lip look, and Milani's Crystal Gloss in Secret looks great over Creme Brulee- Creme Brulee acting as the most supporting nude lip base! After obsessively stalking the reviews and pics of Revlon's Colorburst Lipstick in 070 Soft Nude I decided to get that, and was more than pleased with its performance, albeit a few issues. All in all these four products seem to work interchangeably and look great layered, in any combo, and are great used for any look- be it balancing out a smokey eye- or adding a visual break from a bright, neon eye look. After waiting for years to find the best nude lip products (for me) I finally found them- and apparently all at the same time. I guess patience is a virtue!

on 7/29/2013 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OH MY GOSH ! . . . I Love This Lip Butter It's The Best Lip Butter I Ever Used I Especially Recommend Peach Parfait , Sweet Tart , And Cupcake They Smell Great And They Moisturize Your Lips With A Color Tint Nice For School (; ! Hope I Helped /.\

on 7/27/2013 5:12:00 AM

Me and the Revlon lip butters have a love hate relationship. The first one I purchased was sugar frosting, and I was extremely disappointed. It had thick, chunky shimmer and was very sticky, and also had no scent whatsoever.The color went on really cakey and uneven, and if you have any dryness AT ALL on your lips, it makes noticeable chunks. However, the reviews for this product were continuously positive, so I purchased some more in case sugar frosting was just a bad color. I got creamsicle and strawberry shortcake, which weren't too much better. Theyre sooo sticky and just feel unpleasant on your lips. I gave lip butters one more chance and bought the color candy apple. This one was actually pretty good, it had no glitter,, was a bit thinner than the others, and has amazing pigment for a lip balm. It gave a glossy crimson sheen and I liked it. Theyre 7+ dollars which I don't feel is really worth it. The packaging is adorable though, they look really cute sitting in my makeup case (;

on 7/27/2013 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

i love these! i own 6 different shades! they are so cute, so soft and smooth on the lips! i love the sheer colour and the glossiness of the balm. they last on my lips longer than i would expect them to. i bought one and i loved it so much that i kept buying and buying and now i own 6 shades. love love love. $8 at walmart here in toronto

i would just like to mention that no youtube hype lead me to buy these. i saw a colour on my friend's lips and loved it and went and bought it and loved it so i kept buying more! i will buy more colours soon!

Popular Lipsticks