October 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Sheer Blonde Highlighting Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2004 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Leyne

It dried out my hair so badly. By now I have not found ANY JF-product which I like.But lucky me, there are others ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2004 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Chibilein

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

You get nice results with this shampoo, but not spectacular results. Nontheless, some people were giving me compliments on my (non coloured, non-highlightened) hair after having used it. Donīt wash with this daily, because it has the tendency to make your hair dry. It is not bad, but considering its expensiveness I will rather not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2004 3:46:00 PM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOODNESS, this stuff is appalling. I have UBER curly hair that actually got really kinky and tangled after using this product.. but I must say, some of my highlights went almost white after it. Won't repurchase this, too much bleach in it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2004 7:32:00 PM More reviews by fashionista61

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok- where to begin? Ah, yes- the packaging. What were they thinking?? It's very difficult to get open when your hands are wet, and so you risk losing a nail. When the bottle IS open, though, it basically does its job. My hair was all brassy during the winter (i'm a dark blonde who turns goldish in the summer), but this removed the brassiness and made my hair visably lighter. It is a little bit drying though, so i'd reccomend using it once a week to remove build-up, but if u have oilier hair then use it daily.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2004 10:47:00 AM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OK here is the low down- I have colored and highlighted blonde hair that has gone a bit 'off'. I bought this purely on what the pkg. said. It made me believe my hair would "instantly brighten and refresh blonde by ridding hair of dulling mineral deposits." It also says its for "natural, color-treated, or highlighted blondes" which is where the non-truth finds its way into the labeling. This shampoo would be fine for natural or highlighted blondes to use 1x per week to rid the hair of product residues(esp. silicones) but for nothing else. This product contains Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate which is a harsh detergent cleanser, or hair stripper , if you will. My color has been stripped to a brassy tone so it doesnt matter how good my highlights look- you cant get past the horrible color. Its my fault for not reading the ingredients but also the product label is very misleading is why I give this crap lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2004 2:22:00 PM More reviews by meowmix00

My skintone: PPP with pink undertones
Hair color: Brunette with Blonde Highlights
Eye color:Hazel
Combo/Dry, Acne prone, sensitive skin
Lips- Medium pigmented THE PRODUCT:
Price- $5-6 Places to buy: Ulta Salons, Drugstores, Target
This REALLY makes my hair like silk!! I have blonde highlights and it has stopped them from fading or turning brassy! So cheap!! I use it every other shower, even though I think it is safe to use everyday! It has a wonderful fresh smell! I have oily hair and this does not make my hair oily at all. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2004 7:21:00 PM More reviews by lovesmooches

well, when i first got this shampoo i didnt look at the reveiws first and as soon as i got home i did. i was really scared to try it. but then i realized that not every thing is what other people say it is. I tried it and I love it. I'm a natural blonde and it really did bring out my highlightes better. Alot of people think that it bleaches ur hair...it doesnt, if it lightens it up a bit that was only the chemicals and stuff that had turned ur hair that color. the color that u get when you use this product a couple of times is actually ur natural color. It does dry ur hair up a bit if you do not have oily hair though. so if you have very dry brittle hair dont use this product as much like every day and make sure to use lots of conditionar. besides that, i think this was one of my favorites buys i have ever bought! its rewarding after wards. trust me. i like the bottles. very easy to get all of the shampoo out. nice color. and it doesnt smell as bad as people say. it kinda smells pretty good after a while of using it! overal i say this is remarkable and a great buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2004 9:53:00 AM More reviews by MaryElyse

This product was ok. It only gave me a few highlights in the front of my head, but i dont even think it was from the shampoo.I think it was from the sun.It also smells really bad. I will not be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 6:55:00 PM More reviews by jlaper

Purchased a small tube of this for vacation, and I have to say, I really liked it. It brought out my highlights while keeping brassiness at bay. I did not find it to be drying in the least. Overall, pretty good, for a drugstore shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2004 6:01:00 AM More reviews by jmccabe

This shampoo is good for use a couple times a week. It keeps my highlights bright and really it doesn't dry it out that much. People overreact.