Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE) 4.00 % - TITANIUM DIOXIDE 2.37 %. OTHER INGREDIENTS: AQUA (WATER) - METHYL TRIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - DIMETHICONE - ISODODECANE - PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXILETHYL DIMETHICONE - ACRYLATES / DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER - DIMETHICONOL/METHYLSILANOL/SILICATE CROSSPOLYMER - MICA - DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE - STEARIC ACID - BUTYLENE GLYCOL - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - ALUMINA - VP/VA COPOLYMER - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - PROPYLENE CARBONATE - TETRASODIUM EDTA - ALGIN - LINALOOL - LIMONENE - BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL - ACACIA SENEGAL GUM - MALVA SYLVESTRIS (MALLOW) EXTRACT - BHT - CITRONELLOL - SERINE - XANTHAN GUM - SODIUM STEARATE - ATELOCOLLAGEN - ZINC GLUCONATE - SODIUM HYALURONATE - SODIUM CHLORIDE. [ /-: CI 77002 (ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE) - CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) - CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) - CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]. N 06069/A

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG foundation, I have been using this foundation for almost a year and it is absolutely perfect for my combo/oily skin. Feels and looks like I am not wearing makeup and keeps the oilies at bay all day. If I am feeling in need for a little extra glow I will mix it with my Dr. Jart BB Cream. Color 22 matches like a charm on my neutral skin (22 goes more to the pink side).

on 11/20/2012 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After a lot of testing of different foundations, I think this might be the best I have ever tried. Its benefits are:

(1) Shade range - it has four options in every "depth"!, ie a beige, a yellow-based, a pink-based, and a peach! I am a true neutral and I really struggle to find foundations that aren't either yellow or pink-based. But the 020 colour is perfect for me - like really perfect, perfecter than anything else I've ever tried.

Not sure how great the range is at the darker levels though.

(2) Wear - it lasts all day, truly. The wear is comparable to Lancome Teint Idole, which I also think is a good foundation, but the shade match isn't as good for me and also the finish is nicer in the Dior (see below).

(3) Finish - it gives a very subtle glow, which is unusual in a long-wear foundation. It's not quite as "glowy" as some, eg Teint Miracle or Armani Luminous Silk, but I wouldn't really call it matte either - it just looks like healthy skin.

(4) Coverage - Other reviewers say this is medium coverage, but I would say it's more on the light side. Or perhaps I just don't use as much - I generally use one pump to cover my face. Anyway, it covers light acne scarring but for newer scars or actual pimples I need a tiny dab of concealer too. It is perfect for me - unless I"m having a bad time usually all I have to cover is light acne scars, and I don't like wearing more foundation than I really need.

This gets a 10/10 from me. I haven't had any issues with sensitivity or irritation, but then I rarely do with makeup.

The one thing to watch out for is that if your skin is dehydrated or flakey, this foundation can look quite bad. It is really important to moisturise well first. I used to just use sunscreen under makeup, but I've started adding a few drops of rosehip oil first for extra hydration and it makes a big difference to how my foundation looks. Maybe that is obvious to others but it was a revelation to me!

on 11/9/2012 10:27:00 AM

I have the Dior Forever Flawless Perfection in 023, a sort of yellow/peach color, the closest to my skin tone.{ not -the color was not to be found -except in a tester - at a couple of stores for some reason] Color is not exact but blends nicely.

I had been using mineral makeup - which I do like - but wanted to try a liquid to cover uneven and discolored areas more easily. I got a small sample to try, enough for about 4 days, then purchased a bottle.
I am pretty sure this will be one of those rare makeup buys that actually gets used up.

At 65, I have large pores and still a little oily skin at times, and some products cause breakouts. My skin under my eyes and on cheeks is dry - I do use an eye cream and am careful not to overdo makeup.

I use the DIOR Forever over a primer (RMK) or sunscreen[one of Neutrogena's or Cetaphil's new one]. However, it claims an SPF of 25 by itself - another plus.

Conclusion_ on me it finishes my skin nicely, Feels good, Stays on ( this was not a high-humidity warm weather test tho'), and provides a soft matte finish, not dewy,not cakey. It was easy to apply blush over this as well. Don't know if it would take, say, a day of skiing, or extreme and sweaty outdoor activity but it goes through a normal day just fine.

on 11/2/2012 2:27:00 PM

Just briefly my skin is combination (oily t-zone but some times a flaky/dry nose) I do have very awkward skin colour to match, i've been told this everytime i have been to get a new foundation and got colour matched.
Anyway, i bought this first in shade 022 this was much too light for me and much to pinky, i then bought this in 030, this was much to dark for me. I think ideally i am shade 021 but i don't want to buy it again and risk it as i have already spent around £70 on two bottles and i find it rubbish!
The reviews on this are amazing and i really wanted this to be good and be my HG foundation, leaving colour out of my review (because the colour matching was kind of my fault i guess) i still don't find this foundation any good. It only lasted a few hours with me even though i tried it with a primer/without a primer/about 4 different primers, it just didn't last all day like other reviewers said. I don't know if it's my skin that is the problem and the reason that this didn't last...
The finish of this foundation is definitely a dewy finish even with powder (i alternated between mac powder and dior loose powder) this foundation was still too dewy. too dewy for my liking anyway.
I rated this expensive because i think it is expensive for what it is (if it would have been good i would have been happy to pay because i really want to find my HG foundation)
so yeah, i dont think this product is for me, as much as i want it to be... i'm now left with 2 over three quarter filled bottles :(

on 10/10/2012 6:30:00 PM

It provides medium coverage while still looking natural. Unfortunately none of the shades match my skin quite right. If they had my shade this would be the perfect foundation, but alas, none of them match.

on 10/8/2012 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I've just been on a HE foundation sample bender and this is the big fat winner. I'm NW/NC15 (depending on the product) and Ivory 10 is a perfect match. No breakouts, no oxidization/midday cheeto face, it melts into my skin and feels like I'm not wearing anything on my face at all, and it has a lovely finish (even without powder) - not too matte, not too dewy. I've used both a brush (SK flat top - just gently pressing into the skin rather than a major buff) and my fingers and it always looks good. Also, I usually set it with MUFE's HD powder, but for some reason it does not play well with ELF's version - it noticeably dulls the finish, although it seems fine with my other foundations. The price is steep at around $50, but for me it's worth it because it makes my skin looks so much better.

on 10/5/2012 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

The color match for this, and other Dior foundations are just all wrong for me. Im between a MAC NC25-30 with extreme cool/olive undertones. Medium Beige 030 is slightly too dark for me and looks orange, and Linen 021 is too light. Light Beige 020 is the wrong undertone for my skin, being extremely cool toned it seems to pull pink on me so I ran outta options. The coverage on this foundation is nice, but it does seem cakey, especially if you are looking to build coverage on spots or imperfections. I am more of a dry skin type so that could be why it cakes on me with the longwear properties. I think this foundation would be great though on someone with normal to oily skin and someone who has a neutral skin undertone that can get the foundations to match them, hence the 3 rating. I also personally do not like the perfumey smell Dior foundations possess, but I know that would bother some people, but it was a lil much for me....overall though it seems like it would be a good product if your skin is right for it.

on 10/5/2012 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

EDIT:
I have come back to re-review this. It's a great go-to foundation for something with a perfect coverage, long lasting and beautiful finish but it is quite powdery when it sets and I think in the end this contributes to my skin ending up drier, therefore I switched to Chantecaille for a bit more money and have something really hydrating. Very dry product!

on 10/4/2012 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is an amazing foundation. Have just tried it for formal events and going out and i could not be happier. I purchased tone 031 which matched my skin colour amazingly. It went on so smooth on top of primer and blended perfect. Although it is a little pricey i would not use it for everyday makeup but it is sure great for going out. It is long wearing and has a great matte finish with out looking cakey.
one of the best foundations ever!

on 9/23/2012 12:27:00 PM

have to say after a month of use now there are some things that bother me. I prefer using my makeup brushes to apply foundation and found that this foundation is very difficult to blend so i suppose its easier when you use your fingers- but who wants to do that when you own expensive kabuki and foundation brushes that end up just collecting dust! Alas hard to blend, i found that (cause i took a shade darker) this foundation is patchy. maybe if i took my shade i wouldnt notice as much. But cause it oxidizes a little bit which isnt majour drama i noticed if i put a little more foundation on my nose and cheeks to conceal i end up having a more orange nose and cheek area than the rest of my face? It is buildibale coverage but i naturally have pink cheeks-not severe, normal. But with this foundation my cheeks still come though which annoys me when im not going for that natural look. and when it comes to skin imperfections it hides none! u can see all your zits shine through with this. i think all in all, its a great foundation when its a great skin day. otherwise when my skin is dry and tired i just shows even more! but i did a little sample shopping again and found one i find better than dior. the givenchy photo perfection foundation. the colour range is a bit beige yellow, but fair skin tones 01 and 02 are pink based. im NW20 and number 04 and 05 look stunning even though they more neutral colours. i find pink actually makes my skin look too pink even though thats my undertone. but anyways, try givenchy out i find it fixes all these annoyances out that i have with Dior. oh and the finish is just stunning on photo perfection!! would i purchase dior again? maybe? maybe not.