July 22, 2014 | 1375 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Djumpers

Lancome makes the best mascara hands down. I have used defincils, hypnose, doll lashes etc. all are excellent products. The doll lashes will not give you the look it does in the ads. Those models are wearing false lashes and add on lashes in photoshop. So keep this in mind when you use the product. If you don't have the lashes, don't expect this mascara to give you those. However, if you have lashes this mascara will give you a dramatic look. I have blonde eye lashes and blue eyes so for me its important to have long black lashes to bring out my eyes. The product can clump, but that is something that all products do over time. For me, the product works best after day 4 of appliction. When new the moisture level is high (new), it won't hold lashes - so I give it air and use different applicators and then its at its best. I curl lashes before hand, apply a light coat, let it dry and use the curler again if needed. You may need to use a comb if you use the curler for a second time - also make sure NOT to clamp down on the curler if you use it a second time. I can get long lashes with this technique and they look just as good as natural length falsh lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I really like the tapered wand and I think the formula is awesome for my somewhat decent lashes. I do think Anome mascara is pricey but, other than definicils, I think they are totally worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by mani1813

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have naturally long lashes, so i really get the doll lashes!However i won't buy this mascara again, very pricey, it was about 26Euro, and id say its not worth it, just something not right for me with this product, or maybe iv read too many mixed rather bad reviews??!!
But im tempted with hypnose star,well im afraid it will be huge disappointment, better to stick with my fav clinique high impact.

Btw the lady at the counter said at the moment doll eyes is the best selling mascara at their counter!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Setiva123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh! Bummer. What happened Lancome? Definicils used to be my favorite, then that just seemed to stop doing it for me.

This didn't give me anything. No volume, no "doll lashes" no length. Just lashes that stuck out straight and were not remarkable. The brush is terrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by saraminebowen

I do have long, dark eyelashes (but they're stick straight so I look like that one Sesame Street character-- Snuggalupagus?-- without mascara), so I'm really not that picky about mascaras and usually settle for the free samples that come with other makeup purchases. However, I was intrigued when this product came out. I really like it-- it makes my eyelashes appear thick and voluptuous, and it's the first mascara I've ever gotten compliments on. It also keeps them curled all day. Not sure if I'd agree that they make my eyes look like a doll but that provokes a creepy image in my mind anyway. There are a couple flaws: it DOES clump on the brush, but when applied correctly it won't clump on the lashes. Also, I run out of this stuff pretty quickly, and I don't coat this stuff on by any means. Otherwise, it stays on until you wash it off, and makes my eyes pop.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by jaybird2405

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Umph. What a waste... I looked at the brush at Sephora, and thought it could be a great mascara. Wroooooong. Why does it have to clumpy?? I was burned by the original hynose ((what was with that swirly brush?)) I'm not sure why I would try it again, but I did. Never again Lancôme.... Never again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by loobyl

Brought this at the duty free for 23 pounds, goes on well and makes lashes look long, no clogging. The only drawback is that after a few hours it begins to run as it isn´t waterproof and doesn´t have the same staying power as other Lancome mascaras like Hypnose. I´ll ´probably go back to my all time favorite, Lóreal´s carbon black telescopic mascara which is easier to use and doesn´t run.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mingaling14

I don't get it. I used to love Lancome Hypnose mascara. I skipped it for the doll lashes mascara thinking it would be a better mascara and I'm so disappointed. I mean, The Doll Lashes was good on some days. It works well on eyelash extensions...like extremely awesome but on bare lashes its just ok. Maybelline falsies mascara is better and cheaper than this mascara by far.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This mascara did not give me doll lashes or much of anything. I thought it was suppose to give me the flared out long lashes of a doll, but it didn't even come close. Not only that but it smudges like crazy. Usually, I can seal my first mascara with my Imju Fiberwig mascara (or whatever it's called now) and the Imju will keep the mascara from smudging, but Doll Lashes still managed to smudge. This mascara is not worth the money. Maybelline Full 'N' Soft gives me perfect doll lashes at 1/4 the price and it doesn't smudge. This went straight in the garbage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by jiyoungie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried this as a sample that I got when my aunt was purchased some perfume or something from Lancome at Macys. I'd never really paid much attention to Lancome before and never tried their mascaras but once I tried this it was awesome. It didn't clump together or look super dull. It separated my lashes without making it look stringy. The only real bad thing was that it smudged like crazy (I live in Seattle, go figure) on both the top and bottom lashes but once I put a coat of waterproof mascara on top, it worked great!