September 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - New Instant Age Rewind Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I hate the sponge that comes on this. I pulled it out the moment I got it as I did that with the foundation. The foundation was awful and slid off my face. The concealer on the other hand doesn't. While it's okay if you only have slight circles, I have this stupid crease under my eyes and most concealers just emphasize that I have it. I haven't found a single product out there that fully eliminates the problem. This does help brighten the under area and diminish the problem. It still does not fully take care of it.
Update (11/4/11): I have since stopped using this. Like other products for the under eye area, this just doesn't work and I end up with flakes around my eyes by the end of the day. I know it's my under eye area being dry so I left the rating at a 3 (instead of the 4 it was) because I know other women could make this work for them. I cannot though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by PinkyStorm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this new concealer...I am a 58 year old woman with some wrinkles around my eyes. This did not settle and provided great coverage. It is not heavy, so I am not sure if it would work for undereye circles...but I love it and don't want to use anything else.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is a good concealer overall. I was surpried medium worked for me, considering it's their deepest shade. I'm usually a "nude" in foundation. I don't care for the sponge applicator, but it feels soft and works under the eye. Covers well, but I would have to wait longer to see the skincare benefits.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by 8ball

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to rethink Maybelline. I usually hate their products. I consider myself fairly knowledgeable on concealers that don't work because almost every one I try doesn't work. They don't work because they're heavy and greasy, and they crease, or they don't last (especially over eye cream), or the colors are unworkable. High end, low end, it doesn't matter.

Well, guess what?!? This passes all those tests. It has a thin consistency so it doesn't run into creases, but it is still very pigmented. I like the sponge applicator that lets you blend and smooth. I've been out in 100o weather and it still manages to stay on.

I bought "neutralizer," "brightener," and "medium," and love them all.

Remember: use *sparingly.* A little goes a long way. It's easy to overdo and look like a raccoon.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by roxy_supastar_chick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Disappointing unless all you need is a little brightening to the undereye. This is no good for bad circles. The packaging is terrible & difficult to use. I never seem to get the right amount. It's not thick enough so it needs to be layered but is not buildable, it starts to get sticky and cakey after a few layers. There is a cone family additive type something to make it seem bledable but these never seem to stay put on the skin & shift. Sad bec. if was a perfect match & a good amount of product for the price. Med. matched well with about NC20-25 or a lighter C.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I'm reviewing the NEW Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer. The available shades for this concealer are: Fair 110, Light 120, Medium 130, Honey 140, Neutralizer 150 and Brightener 160. The instructions on the package stated for severe dark under eye cirlces, use the Neutralizer shade (ideal for me) so I picked up this shade. First of all, the neutralizer shade is lighter then expected. I'm NW30 and it was too light for me. However, this is a neutralizer, so you are to put your regular concealer over this. Once I did this, the shade wasn't so light and it was much more wearable. My thought on this? I'm not that pleased. I still had to use two layers of this to get any sort of cover. This really isn't a "corrector" or neutralizer. I feel it just lightens up the undereye a bit and doesn't really neutralize the blue/purple tone of my cirlces. This is nothing special. Another issue with this concealer is the ANNOYING eraser applicator! This deleivery concept is a HUGE fail in my opinion! First of all, the delivery system is not smooth, it shoots out in globs and way too much comes out making you waste a good amount of product. I find by dabbing my finger on the eraser and applying it with my finger tip is much more effective. I do find that you get a lot of product and I like the plastic packaging. Because I'm not impressed with it's neutralizing abilities, I'm hoping this might make my regular concealer hold on a bit longer so I'm not naked by the end of the day. I'm still test driving this concealer and will update if results change. At this point, I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: This is a keeper. I have now used this product for 2 days My under eye area is dry, and it's a difficult balance to get it to be not oily, not dry and not clumpy. Cover Girl's Olay swirly Ellen DeGeneres pot didn't work so well.

So for the last 2 days, I used the neutralizer concealer and set it with BB's setting powder (from my concealer kit..it will last forever) and I took a good, hard look before removing my makeup tonight. Wow. Not dry, not creased, my under eye area was still lightened and concealed. No complaints here! Since I love the Instant Age Rewind Eraser makeup by Maybelline, I suppose this should be no surprise. But, it is.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by lele118

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really excited about this product. I've been looking for a concealer first for the red around my nose and second for dark under eye circles I'm developing. I'm a natural redhead and with red hair comes skin tone that is not easy to match. I also have larger pores around my nose and products tend to accentuate them. I prefer natural products, but concealer is too difficult to find to narrow the selection. I purchased New Age Instant Rewind in Fair and could not believe my eyes. Someone pinch me. First the color is perfect for me. It is not noticeable at all and does a fabulous job concealing the red around my nose. I'm shocked when looking in the mirror. Here's the most unbelievable part; my pores do not look noticeable and it lasts all day - even if I don't set with powder. It is not dry or cakey and has a silky feeling on the skin. At first I did not think I would like the applicator, but I love it. It is clean and applies the product smoothly. I followed the directions and used very little to build if necessary. I've been using it for 1 week now with no adverse affects. I'm giving this a 5 after my first week. I will update after longer use.

UPDATE: Still a great product

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No