Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.8

on 10/12/2012 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i'm new to bb creams and i was curious, and as i need a daily sunscreen (i'm a fair-skinned NW20 australian) and i like the bobbi brown brand i thought i'd give it a go.

because of the limited number of colours offered i imagined it would be more of a tinted moisturiser than a foundation - relatively quick and easy to apply and forgiving colour-wise - so i was surprised to find the opposite is true. it's a lot stickier than a moisturiser (you can feel the sunscreen in it), and like a foundation it needs more careful application. i generally use spray foundation (applied with a brush) which has a very high water content and goes on like a dream, so i found this cream a bit stiff to apply (fingertips worked the best). and as with my foundation i needed to blend two colours (Fair and Light) to get the right shade. but it doesn't give the coverage a foundation does. it reduced uneven skin tone and looked natural - maybe a bit too natural ;-) - but i can get the same look with light foundation, or TM and concealer, so i'm not convinced i need bb cream as well. i will keep going with it though as the moisturiser / sunscreen combo could give it the edge during the summer months.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ALL DAY
oil control 3.8/5
(still need a touchup powder for t-zone)
balances moisturisation 5/5
brighten dull skin 5/5
UVB UVB protection 4/5
great choice for oily skin 4/5
lightweight buildable and flawless 5/5

on 10/2/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I absolutely love Bobbi Brown Extra Spf 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm in Extra Light and when it was time to buy a replacement I thought I would give this new product a try.
Unfortunately although I chose the same shade - Extra Light - this does not suit me at all. The colour is far too pale - it looks almost chalky white and clown like. The colour of the BB cream is much paler than the moisturizing balm. Such a disappointment. The texture is otherwise good and it is nice to have the high SPF.

on 10/1/2012 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Well, it could be that the Bobbi Brown consultant chose the wrong shade for me - but I always go for the lightest ones anyway- it just does not do anything for me. I look tired, I feel like it exagerrate the redness, generally unheathy and less smooth the without any makeup.

on 9/25/2012 10:52:00 PM

This is the first BB cream I've ever used and have to say I'm loving it so far! The finish is incredibly natural (looks like real skin), hydrating and yet controls oil. I do get a bit of oiliness in my t-zone by the end of the day but nothing that some pressed powder or blotting papers can't handle.

Coverage is light to medium (more than a tinted moisturizer, less than most foundations). Consistency is thick, creamy and blendable. I found this extremely easy to apply with a flat foundation brush.

I tested wearing this with photos and did not notice a whitening effect despite the high SPF (35).

Love the skin care benefits associated with this product, but haven't been able to see any effects due to my limited use. Regardless, I think this is a happy medium between a TM and foundation. Great for every day use.

on 9/24/2012 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The main properties of the product are brightening dull skin, moisturizing, reducing dark spots and discolorations, boosting collagen, preventing fine lines and wrinkles, and reducing redness while protecting skin with an SPF 35.

A quick glance at the box doesnt display a ton of anti-aging ingredients but there are a good deal of plant extracts that are good for your skin.

The formula is a medium thickness thats not too creamy and not too thin. The creamy texture has a soft buttery texture that blends into skin easily without looking greasy or oily. It offers a very nice hydrating finish thanks to the water base of the product. I find it wears like a second skin without fading or oxidizing. Its so incredibly comfortable and luxurious feeling, like a drink of water for my skin.

Coverage is sheerer but manages to ease dullness incredibly well, conceal smaller problems, and create a smooth, flawless, healthy complexion. I love how my skin just glows when I have this on.

Overall, Bobbi Browns BB Cream isnt a traditional Korean BB Cream by any means but it takes things to a very new and exciting level in the BB Cream category. The water base has such a smooth, creamy feel that melds so beautifully well with skin creating a healthy, flawless look thats very natural and oh so fresh. It surprises me that MACs version was such a terrible fail yet Bobbi Browns version with many of the same ingredients proves a huge success for me. How odd!

on 9/22/2012 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first BB cream that I have tried that I have actually liked. It is certainly a very welcome change from the overly pale, greyish BB creams that I had come to expect in what was supposedly my shade range (I'm actually a NC35/40 in the winter). I have medium olive skin and tan very easily, so the yellow undertones in many of Bobbi Brown's foundations suit me well. With a tan I wear the Medium/Dark BB cream in this brand, though I expect that in the dead of winter I will switch to the Medium. The coverage is in the mid range, and you need a pea-sized amount or less for your entire face (and this is being generous), as the formula spreads easily and is quite concentrated. This cream dries down to a slightly powdery finish, which is nice for combating shine. That said, I have rather oily skin yet find this product to be rather standard in terms of oil control - I still find myself reaching for blotting papers about three times throughout the work day. (But I have yet to find an "oil-control" foundation that performs better than this). The ease of application (hello, fingers!) and nice shade match definitely make this worthy of repurchasing in my book. My sole complaint?: this foundation transfers more than any other that I have ever used. I sneeze, and it literally (almost) flies off of my face, even hours after I've put it on. Not so pleasant, but with a little care and some small application adjustments it's a flaw I can cope with. The bottom line: this is definitely a BB cream worth trying.

on 9/21/2012 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wear this BB cream as a foundation when I feel like I need a little bit of evening out of my skin tone during the day time. It's prefect because it offers good sun protection. I find it to be thick and creamy. I usually have to lightly moisturise before applying because it can be a bit hard to blend if you don't put enough on your face. I guess that's just the oil control? In any case I never feel like I'm wearing foundation which is exactly what I want. This is my go to casual day wear.

on 9/17/2012 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I loved it for the first few weeks of usage because it does controls oily and gives a good coverage. However, the weeks after that rashes and itciness starts to appear. Sadly it is not suitable for sensitive skin like mine.

on 9/15/2012 7:41:00 AM

Initially I had trouble with this product.
After searching on YouTube how to apply bb cream I found out the technique can make a difference.
I found the colour blends in well.
It does not last all day with me, if I apply a bit of powder after the cream sets on my face it lasts a bit longer. It does take a long time to set.
I have had a few breakouts however I didn't give up on this product...really difficult to explain but in the long run my skin has cleared up. The breakouts may be an odd one here and there but my actual acne has started to clear up.
I have used it under foundation, looks flawless for a couple of hours then turns cakey so don't do that!
Wear moisturiser underneath or it will highlight dry patches. Don't wear primer.
Use fingers. Brushes will just soak it up and looks bad in general.

I have a love-hate relationship. As it is clearing up my acne I will use it until it runs out but will most probably try a different bb cream after.
I was hoping for miracles but didn't happen.