December 20, 2014 | 1421 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

I never had such a experience. It is my dream foundation but even the lightest shade is not light enough for me and it is a yellow under-toned!! And worst part is it oxidized on my skin! I was so so upset because it has medium-coverage, nice smell, not cakey look, oil-control, shortly everything people said about it. I wish that they would produce more shades so some people like me could find a proper one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

Nice! Medium coverage, more than 10 hour sleep one, and not oily, balance so well! I love it! Nice smell

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by anastesia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying that I have not worn a foundation in over 8 years now as I avoid them at all costs. I hate that feeling of heavy foundation and the look of "caked on" face.

To my surprise, this foundation surpassed all of my expectations. I read so many good reviews on this site and decided to give this a try. I am pretty fair skinned, so 51 Light Vanilla was a perfect match for my skin tone. The smell is very fruity and pleasant and I personally do not find it overpowering. The texture is very light and blends in very nicely with the skin. I love how this foundation feels on my face, it's as if I am not wearing anything at all, very lightweight. Due to that fruity smell - its feels really nice to apply the foundation.

I have worn this foundation for 5 hours straight and it looked wonderful. I do not care for "16 hour lasting power" because I do not tend to wear my foundation for 16 hours. But having a combination skin (normal on my cheeks and oily t-zone), this foundation created no problems for me whatsoever. I dusted with the powder after I applied this foundation and did not retouch it since.

The coverage is light-medium. It evened out my skin tone, covered up my redness and that was about it. Nothing less, nothing more. I am sure you can build it up, but I chose not to as I was happy with just the first layer.

The finish of it is not matte which I liked, however I would not call it dewy. It's rather semi-matte and looks quite natural. I would definitely recommend this foundation to those who are looking for a lightweight and natural product. It is pricier compared to other foundations ($27) but it is definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Rikkebrochner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is great! especially for yellow-toned gals! In an everyday foundation, i tend to search for good longevity, natural-finish and blendable. This is what i get with this foundation. It has a gel consistency, and blends beautiful with fingers aswell as with brushes (RT expert face brush, buffing brush, stippling brush) and it looks natural, healthy and nice covered on the skin. Its a light-medium for sure, and on me it covers my small imperfections with no concealer needed. If you like foundations such as the YSL Le Teint Touché Eclat - i think this one might be for you. Not great for really oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by blondie2cute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Does nothing to cover any spots and slides off in 2 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

This is so great! Finally a drugstore foundation that fits combination skin so well! I bought the lightest shade and it is perfect for me in summer, but on winter it is a bit dark so I mix it with moisturizer to make it lighter. It stays for hours and I don't feel like I have to put powder on it, but I do because I have oily T zone. I put it with my hands or beauty blenders, doesn't blends so nicely with brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by violet245

I love this foundation! Leaves skin flawless and very dewy without feeling too heavy. Very inexpensive considering the quality, this is my favourite foundations and definitely rates higher than any other foundation i've use in the past. Including ones produced by Mac, Lancôme, Clarins and most major high street brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mate27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it love it love it! Perfect color for my NC15 skin (vanille clair, yes im pale), good coverage but it looks soooo natural that you can't event tell i'm wearing foundation, it even smells goood.. It doesn't stay as loong as other foundations though.. Its not heavy at all, so it doesn't feel or look like you're wearing makeup.. I have acne prone skin and it hasn't broke me out, so that is a huuuuugee plus for mee.. Overall a great foundation, one of the best I've ever tried, I havent tried the original healthy mix, but thats the next one of my list.. I like high end foundations better but this one is an exception.

A little disorganized my review, so lets makee the famous pros and cons list, yeeeeiiiii!!..

Pros:
- Cheap
- Good coverage (not full coverage though)
- Very natural looking and feeling
- Improves skin
- Cheap
- Smells great
- Blendable
- Healthy feeling
- Great finish
- Not cakey
- Cheap

Cons:
- It doesn't stay that long (at least for oily skin)
- Few color selections (even though vanille claire fits me perfectly)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely foundation, it's probably the best drugstore foundation, it even beats some of the high-end ones (of course you can't compare it to those over $70). It's lightweight, sheer but evens out skintone and it doesn't break me out. What's more can you ask from a foundation with this price tag? #51 is darker than my skintone, but since it's so sheer I can blend it into my neck as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation would be better for those with normal or dry skin. Combination skin possibly if you blot throughout the day. It didn't work too well for me as I have very oily skin. It has a lighter to medium coverage so if you have lots of imperfections you will definitely need concealer. I have this in shade 53 and I would say it's quite neutral in tone, not too pink, not too yellow. As I said before, beware if you have oily skin, otherwise I would recommend it to those who don't need a lot of coverage.