MAC Candy Yum-Yum

4.5

Candy, rainbows and Unicorns

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I love this lipstick! It's beyond amazing, and a must have. Recieved it yesterday ,since i got it on ebay i had to pay double the regular price though. But it's worth it. I love this lipstick.

on 4/29/2011 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is the most intense and insane lipstick I have ever encountered, and I love it! It stays perfectly on my super dry lips and it just looks incredible with my deathly pale skin. Even my back up has a back up! Score one or three if you can!!!

on 4/29/2011 12:07:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

WOW! I have never layed eyes on such a neon bright show-stopping pink lipstick in my entire life!!! Shame on me for brushing this aside when I first saw the reviews online before the launch date... Then I found myself scrambling around calling all my mac stores/counters within a 50 mile radius trying to get my hands on this gem... I failed and was FORCED to pay the big bucks online. But, worth every single penny!!! You people NEED this lipstick in your collection.. do what you must get it. Its a bright neon shocking pink... it goes beyond Girl About Town or Show Orchid to say the least... I thought it was going to be similar to Elizabeth Arden's "Pink Vibrations" lipstick..although the neon quality is.. the tone of CANDY YUM YUM is richer and more intense. Nevermind the "dryness" blah blah blah.. its a matte lipstick- get over it. Obviously you won't achieve the same effect with an Amplified ot even a satin.. Moisturize the lips before applying.. and if you must ( but you will take the full CANDY YUM YUM effect away) top it off with a creamy/glossy CLEAR gloss. Whether you wear bright lips or not this is a MAC icon... I don't think they will ever out due themselves here! I am still trying to find an appropriate lip liner for this but either way the neon-ness still comes through

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

What else can I say about this product that already hasn't been said, Its a great bright matte pink that looks amazing !!!! This sold out like crazy in my area so I was a little bummed that I wasnt able to get my hands on it. When I went to Reno, NV for a weekend getaway we went to the mall and of course i had to stop by MAC, lucky for me they still had a few left, I picked this up and Playing Koi (a beautiful peachy nude color) I wore candy yum yum out that night with some falsies and some winged liner, it looks amazing, it wasnt to bright but at the same thing it made heads turn! Great lipstick, I will be wearing a lot more once summer hits!

on 4/28/2011 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is one of those products that brings me back to MAC even after I've vowed that I wouldn't get sucked back into MAC's endless Möbius strip of LE collections. The color is gorgeous and surprisingly wearable on this NW20ish person. The color is unique enough for me to justify adding it to my collection. I swatched all my existing bright pink lipsticks against it and none of them had the neon element that sets this lipstick apart. It is also creamier than the usual matte MAC lipstick. I get complements every time I wear it, so bonus points for that. I am already kicking myself for not buying two of them when I ordered.

on 4/25/2011 5:00:00 AM

So i had been wanting a nice bright pink, matte lipstick from MAC...and then they came out with this! I love it, i wish i had bought more than one! I try not to use it so much because i am trying to make it last. It is nicely pigmented so i dont have to keep reapplying it.

This color is to die for beautiful. It reminds me of a matte version of fashionably fuchsia, which I love, so had the deep, bright shade but the WOW of being matte. I only wish it were more moisturizing and not so difficult to get the perfect look from as you need to exfoliate and moisturize first and even then it takes work to look perfect. When I top it with a gloss it kind of rubs it off even more. Still beautiful but tons of upkeep to wear!

Update: found a great dupe. Try Maybelline Colorsensational 140 Fuchsia Fever. Dead ringer but more creamy. Photo of me wearing Candy Yum Yum on top lip and Fuchsia Fever on bottom. Click continue to see:
continued >>

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Yes darker skinned gals can pull this off!!! I am a NC44 and it looks hot paired with a light base, winged blk liner and tons of mascarra... I used MAC's Prep and Prime for lips 2 moisturize after exfoliating to remove dead skin, applied it right from the tube, and it was FABULOUS!!! Exfoliating and moisturizing with the right product is extremely important!!! This is a serious matte pink and not 4 the timid or lazy lol...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Just wanted to be one of the few voices of dissent.....not that this isn't a SPECTACULAR color, just that it will not look good on everyone. I am Somewhere around NW15 (but have to add MAC Face & Body in White to make it neutral enough for me) and this lipstick turned me straight into a jaundiced mummy!!!! I have never looked so immediately yellow in all my life......Except for that one time I tried to wear Gladiola....that did the exact same thing. This is not the same color as Gladiola (which has a way cooler undertone where CYY is NEON pink) but similar enough that I now know that I can't pull off matte hot pinks anymore.

I will try it when I am actually wearing face makeup, blush and some mascara and report back, but on my naked skin this color is laughably unflattering.

on 4/16/2011 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this lipstick. I bought the last one at my local mac store.

Popular Lipsticks