September 22, 2014 | 1581 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by fuzzybee

It's waterproof (no, really - it is), it separates and lengthens lashes. I've found that one coat is quite enough. If you load up your eyelashes with more coats, the mascara will flake off during the day. I've been looking for a decent mascara like this for ages - Max Factor Masterpiece Waterproof was anything but, ditto Revlon, Rimmel, etc. So, please keep making this, Maybelline!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

Your eyes but better was a great description.Goes on easily no clumping no flaking, very black formula.You can build this up without clumping.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot emphasize enough just how amazing this mascara is!! I love it! It's separating, lengthening, and volumizing, all without flaking throughout the whole day! This is probably because it's a very waxy formula and that happens to be my preference over the more wet formulas. When i say "whole day" i mean from roughly 6:00 am to about 10:00 at night. However, some people might argue that it's hard to take off; i don't have that problem because i take off my makeup with olive oil. I also find that in some of the tubes that I've purchased, the rubber lining that would be responsible for wiping off the excess when you take the wand out, comes loose and almost completely comes out with the wand itself. But it's really just a MINOR inconvenience considering the fact that you can just pop it back into place, and that doesn't even happen that often. I have been buying this mascara at Walmart/ Target/ RiteAid/ CVS/ etc, and between these stores the price was always around $6- $8 which isn't that bad at all. I definitely would recommend this to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by coffeeholic17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This waterproof mascara help up my curl amazingly well and gives lashes that extra "oomph" for a more "my lashes but better" look, although it can be layered for a more dramatic look. I like how this mascara layers without clumping. What i didn't like about this though, was its staying power. This mascara begins to smudge on me by midday like all the other mascaras I've used. A little disappointed, since i was hoping this would be my HG mascara. But if you're not like me and don't have problems with mascaras smudging on you, this mascara will be a good buy. Personally on the fence about repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't see much volume, but it did get to every lash w/o clumping! To me, it was kind of expensive since I didn't see that great of a difference. Probably wouldn't buy this again either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by lksandrock

I am very picky about mascara, and when I find a good one I stick with it. I happened to pick this up by chance at the local drugstore, and it does not disappoint.

I have very long lashes, and I often have problems with clumping, not so with this mascara (mind you, I do wipe excess mascara from the wand before applying AND I wait about 20 seconds between coats). I apply about 2-3 good coats depending on what type of look I'm going for and I'm out the door.

The only negative that I find is that it is a little difficult to remove, even with eye makeup remover.

For someone looking for a buildable mascara, this is definitely a good drug-store option.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS:
doesn't clump*
large brush can still get into corners easily
really holds a curl
lashes don't feel crunchy
really is waterproof

CONS:
only average lengthening and volumizing effect
can be extremely sticky and clumpy**
can be harder to take off in comparison to other maybelline wp formulas

This mascara has its pros and cons, the weirdest and most frustrating for me was the clumping issue. When I first opened my tube and pulled out the wand, there were fat mascara clumps between nearly all the bristles. If I didn't immediately comb through my lashes with a lashcomb after applying this mascara, I would look like I had only 4 fat clumps of lashes per eye, no joke. I tried to compensate by dragging one side of the brush against the lip of the tube (when pulling out the wand) in hopes of getting rid of the clumps. This kind of worked but I would have to apply multiple coats since I was scraping off a lot of product in order to get a cleaner brush. I was quite irritated since the whole selling point of the One by One was that it doesn't clump. I tossed it into my makeup bag and ignored it for a few weeks. Then last week I decided to give this a go again since I didn't want to waste money - lo and behold, suddenly there were no clumps and this mascara applied so cleanly! Maybe this formula needs to settle and age a bit first but after waiting a few weeks, I can happily report that there are no more clumps at all. It really holds a curl, even with my stubborn straight Asian lashes and holds up well even in rainstorms. Docked a lippie though because I only get average lengthing and volumizing - it's good but not outstanding. And depending on what kind of makeup remover you use, this can be hard to get off. This doesn't make me go wow but it's still decent mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

-Does not weigh down my lashes, so I dont have to recurl my lashes after applying
-Very slight smudge underneath the eye
-It defines more than it volumizes contrary to the package description but I like the natural look, so it works for me

Unfortunately it is not waterproof. I had a crying session and the outer half of my lashes were mascara-less and straight.
Will continue my search for a waterproof mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!!!!! Great for typical short, stubborn down straight Asian lashes.

PROS
holds curl amazing for a non-Japanese brand
waterproof
no smudging or flaking
great volume
no clumps!
buildable which is awesome
can be layered with lengthing mascaras and looks like falsies!
definition is breath-taking
super affordable and works even better than high-enders
you even get great length
best rubbery brush ever, can even reach hard to reach corners
hard to miss package :-)
formula is not to dry, not too goopy....perfect

CONS
hmmmm...its a stretch, but more length would be almost too good to be true but that's all I have for now :-) :-) :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by MargShim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ahhh so good! It took me a while to come up with the best way to apply this so my lashes are awesome. My lashes are thin and stick straight, kind of pointing downward... They are not long or short, but appear shorter without mascara because they are curled and are blonde at the tips, like soo many lashes. After I curl my lashes (with my amazing LaCross double-curl thingamabobber), I hold the wand above my upper lashes and coat the top of them, twisting the wand upward as I swipe on the product... Then I go to the underside of my lashes and apply the first coat, twirling upward again for better curl. Then I go through all the lashes again, using the same method, on the underside, dipping the wand back into the tube for more product two or three times... Then I hold the wand close to the tips of my lashes and blink like 30 times, so they get mega-super-crazy long. And OMG it looks awesome- not so much with volume, but that's nobody's fault, this mascara will NOT change the nature of the world, you know? Each lash looks long and curled and amazing. This mascara will hold a curl, the entire day. For real. HOWEVER, only apply extra coats of mascara when the lashes are wet from the product... Else there will be problems... Kay. Get this stuff, especially those with 'Asian lashes,' like mine