January 25, 2015 | 1662 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Lowecj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is my drugstore fave! It's just as good if not better than the overpriced department store type. I have short, light, thin lashes and this mascara does everything I want and stays on from 6am until I take off late in the evening, retouch is not even necessary. Including a lunch break with intense workout.
I to use plenty oil to get this stuff off my eyes so I will try my luck with the regular version when I run out, on my second bottle. I reduce a lippie on packaging because the bottom of bottle with mascara started to come apart towards the end of use. Not a big deal but little extra time required to fix. However, first mascara that didnt clump at all even at the very end!! You won't regret buying:)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 4:46:00 AM More reviews by petalofrose

Maybelline One by One waterproof mascara is a great waterproof mascara. I haven't had any problems with it like smudging or smearing under my eyes; no allergic reactions either. The mascara defines and separates my eye lashes especially the ones near the outer corners of my eyes. So it really does live up to its brand name "One by One"..The packaging is typical -twist cap and plastic bristles on the wand applicator; the applicator isn't too bulky, just right. And it's not too expensive for a drugstore mascara, around average and even more affordable if on sale or purchased w/a coupon. But I bet you can also find it at a better price at Target or Walmart also. Overall, I would recommend this mascara and it would be great to include in a make up kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by conniehe

Great mascara for someone that likes nice looking natural lashes... this is not for peope who goes for dramatic looks. Its a every day mascara and lasts all day!! Only when im in the shower or apply my makeup remover this goes off... LOVE THIS!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by LittleVntgeGrape

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got a lot of mixed reviews on this product and after purchasing it, I'd have to agree with that sentiment. For the most part, One by One does what it says--It really defines and separates every individual lash one-by-one. I absolutely love how it grabs every lash and brings it to it's full potential--but that's it.You wont get any volume from it like the packaging indicates. It's an okay mascara for everyday (not dramatically dark, or voluminousness, or lengthy). Its kinda like an "Eh +" lol It improves what lashes you have but does nothing in the way of dramatizing them. Undecided if I'm going to buy it again. It does clump which I'm less than enthused about but I still give it a solid C+

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by fuzzybee

It's waterproof (no, really - it is), it separates and lengthens lashes. I've found that one coat is quite enough. If you load up your eyelashes with more coats, the mascara will flake off during the day. I've been looking for a decent mascara like this for ages - Max Factor Masterpiece Waterproof was anything but, ditto Revlon, Rimmel, etc. So, please keep making this, Maybelline!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

Your eyes but better was a great description.Goes on easily no clumping no flaking, very black formula.You can build this up without clumping.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot emphasize enough just how amazing this mascara is!! I love it! It's separating, lengthening, and volumizing, all without flaking throughout the whole day! This is probably because it's a very waxy formula and that happens to be my preference over the more wet formulas. When i say "whole day" i mean from roughly 6:00 am to about 10:00 at night. However, some people might argue that it's hard to take off; i don't have that problem because i take off my makeup with olive oil. I also find that in some of the tubes that I've purchased, the rubber lining that would be responsible for wiping off the excess when you take the wand out, comes loose and almost completely comes out with the wand itself. But it's really just a MINOR inconvenience considering the fact that you can just pop it back into place, and that doesn't even happen that often. I have been buying this mascara at Walmart/ Target/ RiteAid/ CVS/ etc, and between these stores the price was always around $6- $8 which isn't that bad at all. I definitely would recommend this to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by coffeeholic17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This waterproof mascara help up my curl amazingly well and gives lashes that extra "oomph" for a more "my lashes but better" look, although it can be layered for a more dramatic look. I like how this mascara layers without clumping. What i didn't like about this though, was its staying power. This mascara begins to smudge on me by midday like all the other mascaras I've used. A little disappointed, since i was hoping this would be my HG mascara. But if you're not like me and don't have problems with mascaras smudging on you, this mascara will be a good buy. Personally on the fence about repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't see much volume, but it did get to every lash w/o clumping! To me, it was kind of expensive since I didn't see that great of a difference. Probably wouldn't buy this again either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by lksandrock

I am very picky about mascara, and when I find a good one I stick with it. I happened to pick this up by chance at the local drugstore, and it does not disappoint.

I have very long lashes, and I often have problems with clumping, not so with this mascara (mind you, I do wipe excess mascara from the wand before applying AND I wait about 20 seconds between coats). I apply about 2-3 good coats depending on what type of look I'm going for and I'm out the door.

The only negative that I find is that it is a little difficult to remove, even with eye makeup remover.

For someone looking for a buildable mascara, this is definitely a good drug-store option.