September 30, 2014 | 1768 users online

Hair Treatments - John Frieda - Go Blonder Lightening Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by micaro84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used this 3 times now, and I'm impressed. I have dark blond hair, with highlights and in the sun it gets a little bit lighter. I always have the trouble when the highlights grow out, it's darker at the roots so you notice it more. After using it 3 times, it isn't fully blond, but a lot blonder than it was.
Not going to use it again till it grows out again, so I think a full bottle will go a long while. I've paid 5, for a bottle

(sorry for my english, it's not my first language)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Pepperoni

GIRLS PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS!!!! I have totally ruined my hair with this product. What it fails to tell you is that it contains peroxide which is terrible for your hair. My hair is literally like straw from using this. I am even thinking of taking my complaint to watch dog (A UK complaints company).

The fact that it has no warning on how much you should use on coloured hair is dreadful. I am now having to spend lots of money on oils and shampoos to repair my damaged hair. Literally one brush and half my hair comes out.

I know it may be a cheap way to getting results but please do not use. It simply isn't worth it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Basilic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to help blend my mousey roots with my sun-bleached golden hair. First time I used it, it appeared to have damaged my hair and I swore never to use it again but my hair seemed fine afterwards so a week later I used it again and that's when I noticed subtle colour changes - my roots looked naturally lighter and overall it brought out some of the lighter tones in my hair. It looks natural and not at all orangey. However, I will use it sparingly - to protect my hair from any chemical damage but also to avoid going overboard with the colour. I don't know how well this would work for dark or chestnut brown hair though and I can imagine that heavy use might leave it quite dry and brittle. As this spray contains peroxide I would recommend doing regular conditioning treatments, I'm using pure jojoba oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I dye my hair blonde so wasn't really looking to use this product in the traditional way most people have. I picked it up at because I was about to go on vacation and didn't have time to book a hair appointment and was hoping it would slightly lighten my roots so the contrast wasn't so noticeable. It did that quite well I noticed a lightening and was really impressed with the results, I now also use it for a pick me up all over my head when I notice my color is looking a bit dull between salon visits. I really like the fact that it brings out the blonde without being orangeish or yellow. I took on lippie off for the fact that its a bit drying/ damaging so you wouldn't want to use too often esp. if you color your hair. My only other complaint it I found the bottle really small and I have to use quite a lot each time, doesn't seem to last very long for me, so its a little on the pricier side, but I will keep repurchasing because it saves me a lot of money by being able to go an extra week or two between coloring without the dreaded stripe.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by apostlepaul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product a lot because it does work, fairly easy to use use- jus spray on wet hair and blow dry then use heat to get the best lightening.
cons: not cheap (my cost about 12$ and the bottle's not huge),hard to tell where you sprayed so it's not super easy to apply heat evenly
all over, i really enjoy this product and i've gotten numerous remarks of my hair looking blonder and i've only used this about 3 times.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by skraft813

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really like this! It actually works. It dosent turn my hair orange like SUN IN does. IMO it works best in natural sun light.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by tuilola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great Spray i have used it once and has already made my hair a nice natural blonde colour. It has a bit of a funny smell and makes your hair go a bit sticky but otherwise AMAZING! i just lightened the tips and i already see a BIG difference. Very good for your money :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by awonderland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have naturally medium brown hair, with a long history of "hot roots". However, since discovering this product and taking a chance on it (at the time, I couldn't find any reviews because it was so new!) I can honestly say I have not had a single problem with brassiness. I had my hair significantly lightened at a salon in January, but it was still a very dark blonde because anything lighter has always turned orange on me. I figured something gradual might work better for me, but this was much less gradual than I expected! I was thrilled though, because my hair was noticeably lighter and shinier after one use (followed by blow-drying and a quick run-through with a straightener). After about 4 uses, it was the perfect cool-toned(!) medium blonde that I'd always wanted but had never been able to achieve. I don't know how, but this stuff manages to blend my brown roots perfectly in about 2 uses and I have not paid to get my roots touched up since buying this many months ago. I also use it all over my hair about once a month to keep it looking fresh and highlighted. I may stay blonde forever at this rate!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by SpicyCurry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I give this a 3, only because it is a gradual lightening product, which is a type of product I happen to be a fan of, however this is simply a less effective version of Sun In at twice the price for less product. No thanks, I will stick to my Sun In w Lemon, which gives me gorgeous natural looking shiny blonde hair much faster, and much cheaper than this product does.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by nikki723

If there is one thing i can recommend about this product it would be not to use it. I had very healthy long blonde hair but i decided to go a bit lighter and thought i might give this product a try. I used it for about 2 weeks and the color pay off was very nice. I was overall very pleased with the product, but then little by little I began noticing that the crown of my hair was destroyed. It was completely burned, and to the point of it breaking off. I had little pieces sticking up because they had broken off the rest of my hair. For the last 2 months ive been trying to return my hair to its natural makeup. Ive been using masks and treatments left and right but my hairstylists told me the only thing i could do was let it grow out and never never never use this again. She said it might be because of the metallic something or other in the product but that it was a hellhole. I want to do my part and warn every person who might be thinking about using this. Sure it seems perfect for a little while but the end result will be the same. If i can say one thing STAY AWAY!!!!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No