July 24, 2014 | 1931 users online

Blush - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 7:37:00 AM More reviews by titina206

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didnít expect this to last for 24 hours, but itís staying power is AMAZING. Itís by far the only blush that I have that lasts on my for more than 6 hours without touching ups, and I love it. I think it stays pretty well up to 8 or 9 hous on my oily skin.
Iíve found out that when I use primer+foundation it stays longer than when I wear just tinted moisturizer.
In any case, this gives my cheeks a nice and healthy pink that I could have not imagined. Iíve receibed compliments on it and asked what I was wearing.
I love it for an everyday use when I donít feel like wearing anything shimmery, and it really has become my go-to blush.
In some reviews people complained about the packaging, but I like it. Itís a little bit hard to open, but this means that it will be hard for it to open by itself if you have it in your makeup bag (when traveling or in your purse), and the mirror is really helpful if you need to touch up your make up (though provably not your blush).
The price is quite expensive... but I also think itís worth it because I think this is really going to last me.
Will repurchase in the future and I guess I will get me some other colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by myluckypenny

The epic quest for a blush that does not break me out has ended. I've found MAC/NARS blushes tend to break me out, but I really wanted something similar to pink swoon, so I decided to try this.

It doesn't last all day, but it does hold up quite well to my 8 hour work days...

I hate the packaging, but love that it's depottable. I wish the magnet was stuck onto the pan itself instead of the compact though.

Does not break me out = love from me.

It is a tad chalky, but I sure do love this! With the right brush, the chalkiness is not a problem. My weapon of choice is the MAC 138.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by kurikumi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know its light pink but when I apply it on my hands or face it turns peachy pink, sometimes mauve indoors and dusty peachy pink in outdoor lighting..

I'm NC 15 for reference.. I really wish I had someone to ask why. I really liked the idea of having a light pink Blush, and I thought this was finally it, sadly its not the case, and as another reviewer here put it, I get mauve, peach, or a neutral shade of pink but never a true light pink. I really wanted to love this, since I have Tipsy and that blush is true to the color in the pan.

I might pick up Amused, but I'm worried that it might be too bright pink and I tend to have a heavy hand sometimes, even with my MAC 187 brush. I'm thinking of returning Dollface. I'm sad, because I really wanted to love this blush.

EDIT: I ended up returning this and getting Katie from Illamasqua, which was the light pink I was searching for. I hope that this can help someone out there!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

skin color = nc 40/42 and this is an adorable blush on. it matches perfectly with mac's angel lippie. cant live with out it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

First I would like to say I wouldn't buy this again because I can't imagine ever running out! With that said I am about NC 40 and Bobbi Brown skin 4.5 and this looks lovely and fresh on me, gives me a youthful spring pink cheeked look and it's pigmented so you don't need much! Lovely, a little expensive but this blush is a investment, now if you have a similar color in MAC etc, you don't need this, the color is not so unique, but the longevity of this product is this stays on. So for example I work in a sweaty e.r. this is good.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by teardrop78

This is a wonderful product! It really stays on all day! I thought it would be too bright, but the color of the blush in the pan is not the way it shows up on my cheeks. Gives a nice flush of color that lasts. If only it wasn't so pricey!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect pink blush! No obnoxious shimmers or glitters like with NARS blushes. I went to Sephora today to pick up one of these blushes in Tipsy, and I ended up with this one as well. The beauty consultant at Sephora tried this out on me, and I fell in love! This adds the perfect pink natural looking flush to my cheeks. Not too cool. I'd recommend this for all skintones. I would look especially gorgeous on medium-tan skintones similar to my complexion. I swatched some of the other colors, and they are great as well. Flush, adored, and blushing bride are super pigmented and would be amazing on deeper skintones! I've tried quite a few blushes, including MAC and NARS, and these Tarte blushes beat them hands down! I have a Tarte Cheekstain in Dollface. I'm wondering how this will layer with that. Tipsy is a beautiful color as well. I couldn't resist. It's the perfect summer shade. These are great. If you love blushes, try these out. You won't be disappointed.
These are on the expensive side (still slightly cheaper than NARS and you get slightly more product), but they are well worth it. The colors are beautiful and last.

update: 2/9/13- i love this! this is the perfect everyday color. i usually apply the tarte mineral bronzer in park ave princess and then follow with this blush for work. perfect pink shade on my naturally tan skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by vanessa8308

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off I will say that I am a blush whore and have tried many, I found that Mac blushes have no lasting power on me and if applied in the morning will last only about 2-4 hrs max and be gone by mid-day. Nars blushes were my go to since they had better lasting power...until Tarte entered the scene. Now these little treasures are my favorites (they literally last all day on me and donít oxidize and change color), I have a lot of Nars blushes and have just recently picked these up in Tipsy, Glisten (QVC exclusive), Blissful, Exposed and Flush. I will write a review on all of these...now onto Dollface, it's a pretty matte sheer pink color, it reminds me of MAC Pink Swoon which I loved but like I said before about Mac blushes, would be gone in a few hours. It also kind of reminds me of Nars Sex Appeal although SA has to be layered and layered to get the color to show and it leans more peach. Either way I love dollface!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This reminds me of Cargo Catalina only softer in color (not so fluorescent), slightly more cool in color, and a little darker - kind of like the more grownup version of Catalina. The application is not so pigmented where you have to barely touch the blush and then your cheeks to avoid looking like a clown. You can use it like a normal blush. But ultimately, it has too strong of a peach undertone, and I prefer something a little more pink. It doesn't have any shimmer (where Amused has just a touch), which is critical for me, but it does have lanolin, so I can't use it - and the color isn't really right for me either. I think the people who will really like this are those looking for a peach blush and who are tired of trying to work with all of the really bright colors out there. I personally prefer MAC Pinch o' Peach, which is similar, but better than this.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

This blush gives a pretty flush, like coming in out of the cold in winter, a pop of pink that looks nice if used with a light hand. It only takes a slight soft swipe with this and good blending to make it look natural. I hate to admit it, but I think I was drawn to this because of the packaging and the concept that it is supposed to be good for your skin. It does seem to last, but come on, 12 hours is a little hyped. It is also expensive, as another reviewer stated, more than NARS! I seem to reach for my Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Pink Frosting more than this and it is at a fraction of the price. Doll Face is pretty, but not worth the price. Don't be seduced by the cute packaging and 12 hour hype.