Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting eyeliner

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, paraffin, PEG-6 beeswax, diisostearyl dimer dilinoleate, hydrogenated castor oil, ozokerite, calcium stearate, ceresin, alumina, TOCOPHEROL, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, and propylparaben. [+/- May contain CI 42090 / blue 1 lake, CI 75470 / carmine, CI 77007 / ultramarines, CI 77163 / bismuth oxychloride, CI 77288 / chromium oxide greens, CI 77289 / chromium hydroxide green, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / iron oxides, CI 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide, CI 77742 / manganese violet, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide, and mica.

on 3/9/2004 5:18:00 PM

Well, this eyeliner is okay. And it's too expensive to be just "okay"...It does stay on pretty well, but I wasn't pleased with the texture...It goes on kind of thick and globby, and flakes off a bit...And since the texture isn't so great, it's hard for me to line my bottom lids...Either It's way too thick and I look like a ho, or I don't look like I have enough on...I might buy again, maybe in black this time, rather than gray!

on 2/13/2004 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The only reason I bought this eyeliner is because I like to line the inner rims of my eyes and I wanted a waterproof liner that would stay put. Well this worked better than all the other waterproof liners but alas it didn't hold up as well as I wanted it to. It lasted about 4 hours before it disappeared on me. I guess it's just too much to hope for that I will ever be able to find a liner that will last on the inner rims. Another problem I have is that there isn't much product. When I tried to screw the liner out so I could see how much was in it, it wouldn't go up at all. I'm thinking it only comes up when it needs to be sharpened. It better have more product in it because I'll be very upset if I paid 20$ for 1/16 of an inch of liner. I'm sure I'm just an idiot and can't figure out how to get it up all the way, lol. That sounded dirty but you know what I mean!

on 1/27/2004 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My HG eyeliner. I had heavy lids that tend to erase eyeliner as soon as it's on. This product lasts all day. I do wish they would remove the "smudger" end - on the rare occasion that I use it, I tend to get the caps mixed up and smush the eyeliner end with the wrong cap, causing me to waste product. But the eyeliner is great!

on 1/22/2004 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Though this liner gives a smooth line, with no dragging or pulling, and it comes in such a variety of intense colors, and it has a built in smudger or smokey looks, and it's always sharp, it's too expensive. I can get all the above from Clinique's quickliners or Covergirl's Perfect Point Plus for a much more friendly price.

on 1/19/2004 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this in Bronze and it is a nice shade for me...MMM/blonde/green eyes. It works great and stays put all day on my lids but does smudge a bit under my eyes if I line under my lashes. So I just use it in the corners. I've tried so many liner pencils and although this is not quite HG status for me, it is still a lot better than most. Nice soft pencil that doesn't tug and glides on smoothly. Would buy again in another shade.

on 1/5/2004 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Big fat rave for me! I wear eye liner almost everyday, & while I prefer a creme or liquid, sometimes I'm in a rush & just want to grab a pencil. I love the convenience but hate how pencil liner fades. I'd been using MAC powerpoints before trying the Lancome & was pleased with their lasting power but not that wild about their texture. That's what I love about the stylos - they stay put AND have a nice velvety texture that goes on smoothly & can be drawn either thick or thin (the powerpoints were hard to draw thinly). Definitely pricey for an eyeliner but a sound investment! I haven't tried any of the more funky colors, but Cafe (dark brown) & Noir (basic black) are good staple shades.

on 12/10/2003 6:45:00 PM

This is the best eye liner to use for the inner rim of your lashes. I have tried many and found this one doesn't smudge as much and really stays put. You do have to let it dry for a few seconds. It glides smoothly and evenly. Love it.

on 12/4/2003 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I read reveiws on this product and I had to buy it! I bought this in Noir. It's a jet black color. When I first applied it, I thought, "This Has To Be The One". It went on very smoothly without any tugging. The frist time i saw myself in it, it looked way to "clean line" for me and looked as thought I had applied liquid eyeliner. But about an hour later, it had slightly smudged so it didn't look so liquid eyeliner type. So that was a relief. I only wore that for the first time for about a couple of hours before i took a shower and washed it off. The next day, I applied it for school. It didn't look like i applied liquid eyeliner anymore since then so that was great. School is 8 hours long and I'm the kind of person who hates reapplying. I just like something that lasts 8 hours for my school day or longer. At the end of the day, the eyeliner had smudged. TERRIbLE! It looked like i put on eyeliner at night and then woke up with it on. It was horrible! It only looked pretty for like 4 hours and that was it. I really hate eyeliners that smudge way too much. This was it. Not long lasting and definetly not waterproof. I'm going to have to try Clinique's water resistent eyeliner and L'Oreal Grand Kohl eyeliner. I hope one of them works good cuz i've tried like 20 eyeliners and i'm getting tired of having to buy and buy. This is a bad eyeliner. It's creamy without tugging on application but smudged terribly. I wish I had the miracle that these other reviews have had.... (if you have any ideas for waterproof eyeliners for me, please email me at Shortie7015@aol.com)

on 12/1/2003 7:11:00 PM

Good packaging but still smudges when I line under my lashes, it transfers the to my lower lid during the day.

on 11/12/2003 6:33:00 AM

I am 100% satisfied with this eyeliner. Goes on like a dream, does well on inner lids too if that is your preference. Stays neat, easy to apply. What make up is all about.