August 21, 2014 | 1153 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first Wet n Wild product I've tried since the 90's. Wet n Wild used to be known for being pretty terrible quality. They're still as cheap as ever, but I was curious about the quality of their new products since I'd been hearing such great reviews. I found this at a local grocery store for around $4.

I've had this palette for around 3 weeks and 2 of the colors have already crumbled. This has only been taken out, used gently, and put back into my makeup bag. It hasn't been transported or mishandled whatsoever. So that is disappointing. The shadows are surprisingly nice, though. They're pigmented, smooth and easy to blend. The lasting power is so-so, even with a base.

Overall, I think the quality is quite good for the price. I'd try other palettes from Wet n Wild. My biggest complaint is the packaging, which is so flimsy and cheap looking. I prefer it to a cardboard palette (a la Too Faced), but I know it's just a matter of time til the lid snaps off from the hinges. By then the shadows will probably all be crumbled anyway, but at <$5, I can just pick up another one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another beauty broadcast inspired purchase. Saw a review of this, then came to this board for feedback, and then took the plunge after a very disappointing experience with a Sonia Kashuk palette.

This palette is wonderful and such a HUGE bargain at $5! Had no issue with creasing, stayed put all day, and the colors are gorgeous.

PROS:
- great quality - rich, creamy, highly pigmented
- long lasting - stayed put all day even when I didn't use an eye shadow primer
- no creasing
- lovely colors - the duo chrome in the lower right hand corner is especially stunning but love them all
- highly versatile - you can do work appropriate, weekend errand lid wash, dramatic olive smokey eye
- amazing value - there is a lot of product here for $5 - it's a true bargain

CONS
- chintzy packaging - wet n wild needs to take a page from elf studio and invest in better packaging
- soft texture - while a pro for application and blending - this combined with chintzy packaging means a powder explosion if you aren't careful
- doesn't travel well - see two cons above
- minor fall out - but honestly a tap tap and its under control - I have yet to need to go in and fix my under eye area

My favorite combo is to take the right hand brow bone color for my lid, the lower right duo chrome for my crease, the upper left as a highlight and then a plum liner - so cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by mailife4

Being Wet n' Wild fan, I purchased this during one of the many sales that CVS was having. Let me first say that Wet n' Wild still amazes me with the great pigmentation and color variations you get. As a brown /green palette, the different color combinations are fun to be creative. This palette can take your look from day to night with just a simple change of one color. It's not powdery and very easy to blend. It's my go-to palette for brown instead of the MAC. As beginner palette, it's the best way to get your feet wet with makeup. I just wish the brush and sponge applicator was better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I love WnW! This palette is has really great greens and browns. The colors are pigmented and easy to work with. These shadows are great for anyone at any level. They feel very buttery but have a slight bit of fall out as do many shadows. Just be careful when working with them like any shdaow. You won't be disappointed with the quality of this palette! I wish WnW would come out with more of these 8 pan palettes!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by ndoodles

The reasons why I haven't picked up the 8-pan palettes from WnW before were because I thought I had enough eye shadows already - and also I didn't like that there weren't any matte shades. However, there was BOGO on WnW products and of course, I just couldn't resist! After using it for a couple of months now... I have to say - you guys should all go out and get this! This is like a fool-proof palette. No matter how complicated or simple you want the look to be, this palette can do it all. Love the pop of greens to go w/ the neutral shades. Love that the shadows have a velvety texture. There is a bit of fall out so just tap your brush! The pigmentation is amazing - you would not have to spend all night blend blend blend b/c the colors are sooooo easy to work with! Finally - I was the only girl that brought eyeshadow on a trip so I shared my make up with the other girls. They were surprised of the quality of these shadows! Absolutely fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Mimize

You might see this palette a lot of times in your local drugstores but never thought of buying it because of the cheap looking packaging... Don't be fooled, this is one of the most gorgeous palettes, EVER. The colors are all super pretty and pigmented. They work really well AND the palette is super cheap. Less than 5 bucks ! Go buy it now !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by xsaraboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of all the WnW 8-pan palettes that are in store, "Comfort Zone" would have to be my favorite. All eight eyeshadows are very pigmented, buttery-soft, and shimmery. It isn't glittery, but there is some definite shimmer in the colors. The right side of the palette has olive green tones to it and the right side has brown/bronze tones. Overall, I really like this palette. The colors are very wearable and easy to blend. There is also a lot of product, so it will last for a very long time. And the palette is super cheap! ($4.99, but if you catch it on sale, its even cheaper) The cons I see would be there are no matte shades in this palette. Every color has a sheen to it. It is nice, but I wish this palette was more like the 6-pan palettes WnW has before. The packaging is also flimsy and cheap. But aside from that, this palette is a quality palette, and worth a mention.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by lmwiding

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very pigmented, especially for the price. Blends well. It's great for everyday wear, but not as longlasting as some high end shadows. I will definitely purchase it again, as well as other wet n wild shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by swimmhannah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am relatively new to makeup, and this was my second eyeshadow palette ever. I just have to say I love it so much. I usually use the left lid shade, left crease, and left definer ( as liner) and right brow bone. Also having the light olive topped with the light bronze makes a very cool look. I dropped this palette, and the dark brown went everywhere. I had to throw out the palette, and buy a new one. Over all, I LOVELOVELOVELOVE this palette

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by bananasx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

THIS PALETTE IS AMAZING FOR BEGINNERS!
It gives you a whole eye look, ranging from a neutral eye to a smoky eye, for only $4.99!
The texture of the shadow is smooth and creamy. They are pigmented, and the bottom right one is duo chrome.
If you can get your hands on this, buy it! I Couldn't find it anywhere till I went to my local pharmacy and found them all stocked up! But no one knows about it. Shhh!