Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Oh my gosh! I know I'm definitely a minority, but I adore this!! I used to use liquid foundation which always seemed to look heavy and cakey. So I decided to try this and wow! This covers my redness really well without looking like I have makeup on. And the cooling sensation feels really awesome on my dry skin. Oh and the shimmer to me looks really pretty. It makes me look like I'm glowing :) so if your face is pretty clear and you only need to cover a little redness, get this! <3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

For a flawless looking complexion one would need to already have decent skin to begin with. I have dry to combo skin depending on the season. SInce the weather is humid at the moment I have a few pimples that show up here and there. This powder foundation does not cover random blemishes. At all. It just evens out skin tone at the most. It is insanely shimmery which I do not like. The only thing I kind of like about this powder is it's odd wet/cool feeling upon application. But this isn't reason enough to repurchase. A pricey powder (for a drugstore brand) with disappointing results. After this tub I probably wont get it again. On to the next new thing!

on 8/8/2011 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I gave this product a 2 which is actually generous because it DID make me breakout. I stopped using this because of the breakout, shimmer, and minimal coverage. I gave it that second lippie because it felt really cool going on the skin, like seriously it was like magic i thought the brush was wet and I was like wtf but then i was like oh... gotcha colorstay AQUA lols. I wouldn't buy again but it could be useful for like a once in awhile thing like going out at night or something.

on 8/6/2011 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

when i found this product i honestly thought it was going to be really nice. it was the only foundation that actually suited my skin color (its so difficult to find a foundation for my skin color). the application was good and this is really good for anyone that doesn't really like to apply alot of make up because its very subtle. you can't really cake this foundation on, i found that it applied okay but i hated the shimmer. everyone commented on it and i felt like a sparkling vampire, ill use it up till it finishes but i dont think ill buy it again, what i do to minimise the shimmer is i apply powder right on top but only a very thin layer so it doesn't look caked on. i also love the cooling sensation you get when you apply it.

on 8/5/2011 11:07:00 PM

I bought this in a foundation and I love it. I have combination skin, so I never buy liquid because depending on the day it can get pretty oily and sadly with powders they tend to really dry out some areas of my face. This was nice because it actually does feel cool and wet when you put it on! I've been using it for about a week now and I've had no troubles with it. It lasts all day and doesn't dry my face out or melt off my oily areas. The only thing I would say is it does have a shimmer to it (some sparkles) so if that isn't your thing I wouldn't really recommend this for you. Other than that, I love this product. Will definitely repurchase.

on 7/31/2011 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I got the Mineral Finishing Powder in Transulcent. Not sure if this is the same as what others are reviewing.. but I don't think it's a bad product. Not the one i used, anyway. It lessens the shine in my T-zone without further drying out certain spots, which is what I got it for.. It works decently for that.. And it DEFINITELY has a wet feel when you apply it. I think it's cool. However, the downsides to this are... it doesn't last long at all.. provides minimum coverage and it doesn't blend well at all. So, though I will not repurchase, it's not bad enough for me to get rid of it. I will use what I have left and then try something else.

on 7/27/2011 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this product for about $16 Canadian because I was looking for an everyday powder that I could use anytime. It provides a brush that is actually quite soft and it isn't too bad to use, so it's handy when travelling, because you don't have to worry about bringing your own brush. When you apply the powder on your face, it really does provide this wet, cooling sensation that you really should try for yourself, and I found it to be quite neat. This powder really gave my face a more polished and finished look, making it look soft and smooth. The coverage is very light though, so if you're looking for serious coverage, this isn't for you.

The reason why the Revlon Colorstay Aqua only gets a two is because of it's shimmer. It's not something that you notice in the container, and it's not even something you notice when you apply it. It's under direct sunlight where you notice all the little shimmers that they include in the powder. I only put a light coat of it on, so the shimmers are still tolerable (though I'm still not a fan of it), but if you put enough of this on to the point where it's medium/heavy coverage, I would stay out of direct sunlight - which is the reason why I think that you shouldn't get this if you're looking for a powder that'll give you a fair amount of coverage.

Overall, I think you can skip this product, whether you have normal skin that's looking for that extra polish or skin that has a few problem areas that need covering up. Unless you want to look sparkly, I suggest you save your money, and invest in another different product.

on 7/21/2011 4:13:00 PM

I tried this product for the first time today and I do like it. I don't find it shimmery/sparkly at all. I also like the cool feeling that it gives you when you apply it. I never had a powder feel like that before. I first applied some concealer on my red spots and then applied the Mineral powder and it blended in just fine. I will definitely buy again but it looks like that won't be for a very long time as there is a lot of product in the jar. The only negative that I would give this product is the brush is kind of small and hard to get out of the case. Otherwise I really like it.

on 7/14/2011 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was very anxious to get my hands on this. It is similar to the Almay Wakeup powder but definitely not as good! I was so disappointed in this purchase. I was expecting it to be great and go on very well. I got just the opposite. Even though the Almay product is a little more expensive...I recommend that you. This make up did feel like water on my face but definitely didn't do the job. I won't buy the Revlon brand again.

on 7/12/2011 2:33:00 PM

I ADORE this stuff! I have super-pale skin, and have a horrible time trying to find a decent match, but this makeup looks so natural! I'm in my early 30's, have combo skin with ginormous pores, acne scarring, etc., and have found that some of the mineral makeups emphasize the pore issue, fine lines, etc., this is not a problem with the Colorstay Aqua. It feels amazing on (lovely cooling effect), and doesn't "stick" to my flaky spots. The coverage is buildable, and stays on once you put it on. I highly recommend this one for combination skin; plus, the applicator brush is pretty nifty! :)