Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 8/8/2011 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I gave this product a 2 which is actually generous because it DID make me breakout. I stopped using this because of the breakout, shimmer, and minimal coverage. I gave it that second lippie because it felt really cool going on the skin, like seriously it was like magic i thought the brush was wet and I was like wtf but then i was like oh... gotcha colorstay AQUA lols. I wouldn't buy again but it could be useful for like a once in awhile thing like going out at night or something.

on 8/6/2011 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

when i found this product i honestly thought it was going to be really nice. it was the only foundation that actually suited my skin color (its so difficult to find a foundation for my skin color). the application was good and this is really good for anyone that doesn't really like to apply alot of make up because its very subtle. you can't really cake this foundation on, i found that it applied okay but i hated the shimmer. everyone commented on it and i felt like a sparkling vampire, ill use it up till it finishes but i dont think ill buy it again, what i do to minimise the shimmer is i apply powder right on top but only a very thin layer so it doesn't look caked on. i also love the cooling sensation you get when you apply it.

on 8/5/2011 11:07:00 PM

I bought this in a foundation and I love it. I have combination skin, so I never buy liquid because depending on the day it can get pretty oily and sadly with powders they tend to really dry out some areas of my face. This was nice because it actually does feel cool and wet when you put it on! I've been using it for about a week now and I've had no troubles with it. It lasts all day and doesn't dry my face out or melt off my oily areas. The only thing I would say is it does have a shimmer to it (some sparkles) so if that isn't your thing I wouldn't really recommend this for you. Other than that, I love this product. Will definitely repurchase.

on 7/31/2011 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I got the Mineral Finishing Powder in Transulcent. Not sure if this is the same as what others are reviewing.. but I don't think it's a bad product. Not the one i used, anyway. It lessens the shine in my T-zone without further drying out certain spots, which is what I got it for.. It works decently for that.. And it DEFINITELY has a wet feel when you apply it. I think it's cool. However, the downsides to this are... it doesn't last long at all.. provides minimum coverage and it doesn't blend well at all. So, though I will not repurchase, it's not bad enough for me to get rid of it. I will use what I have left and then try something else.

on 7/27/2011 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this product for about $16 Canadian because I was looking for an everyday powder that I could use anytime. It provides a brush that is actually quite soft and it isn't too bad to use, so it's handy when travelling, because you don't have to worry about bringing your own brush. When you apply the powder on your face, it really does provide this wet, cooling sensation that you really should try for yourself, and I found it to be quite neat. This powder really gave my face a more polished and finished look, making it look soft and smooth. The coverage is very light though, so if you're looking for serious coverage, this isn't for you.

The reason why the Revlon Colorstay Aqua only gets a two is because of it's shimmer. It's not something that you notice in the container, and it's not even something you notice when you apply it. It's under direct sunlight where you notice all the little shimmers that they include in the powder. I only put a light coat of it on, so the shimmers are still tolerable (though I'm still not a fan of it), but if you put enough of this on to the point where it's medium/heavy coverage, I would stay out of direct sunlight - which is the reason why I think that you shouldn't get this if you're looking for a powder that'll give you a fair amount of coverage.

Overall, I think you can skip this product, whether you have normal skin that's looking for that extra polish or skin that has a few problem areas that need covering up. Unless you want to look sparkly, I suggest you save your money, and invest in another different product.

on 7/21/2011 4:13:00 PM

I tried this product for the first time today and I do like it. I don't find it shimmery/sparkly at all. I also like the cool feeling that it gives you when you apply it. I never had a powder feel like that before. I first applied some concealer on my red spots and then applied the Mineral powder and it blended in just fine. I will definitely buy again but it looks like that won't be for a very long time as there is a lot of product in the jar. The only negative that I would give this product is the brush is kind of small and hard to get out of the case. Otherwise I really like it.

on 7/14/2011 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was very anxious to get my hands on this. It is similar to the Almay Wakeup powder but definitely not as good! I was so disappointed in this purchase. I was expecting it to be great and go on very well. I got just the opposite. Even though the Almay product is a little more expensive...I recommend that you. This make up did feel like water on my face but definitely didn't do the job. I won't buy the Revlon brand again.

on 7/12/2011 2:33:00 PM

I ADORE this stuff! I have super-pale skin, and have a horrible time trying to find a decent match, but this makeup looks so natural! I'm in my early 30's, have combo skin with ginormous pores, acne scarring, etc., and have found that some of the mineral makeups emphasize the pore issue, fine lines, etc., this is not a problem with the Colorstay Aqua. It feels amazing on (lovely cooling effect), and doesn't "stick" to my flaky spots. The coverage is buildable, and stays on once you put it on. I highly recommend this one for combination skin; plus, the applicator brush is pretty nifty! :)

on 7/11/2011 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm only on day 2 of this and I'm confused or blind, but I don't see one single sparkle in this! I don't even get particularly dewey. I mean it's not matte or dull, but definitely not sparkly. Anyway, I love, love, love the cool, wet feeling. The heat index has been about 110 the last couple of days and this has felt wonderful. I really like the sheer coverage and experimented in layering to give more coverage and it worked without being cakey. I'm using the med deep and it's perfect. I use my own mineral brush and use the brush that comes with it to touch up places around my nose, etc. I'm normally a bit oily in my t-zone but haven't had any problems yet. So, this review is early, but so far, I'm liking this for summer!

on 7/10/2011 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I feel like the things in the plus column are also in the minus column for this product. I love the cool gimmick of the makeup feeling "wet" on the brush---as a liquid foundation girl I found that fake wet sensation oddly comforting. I loved the soft focus look of the product on and it gave just the right amount of coverage without looking like a mask. I even thought the way they packaged the brush in the lid was pretty neat. However, the gimmick gets old pretty quick, the soft focus look starts to appear kind of fake when after you wash your face you see how nice your own bare skin can look, and the brush is a problem because since it's retractable I found it makes it hard to wash and keep sanitary. You should always wash your makeup brushes on a regular basis and if you think they just need it. The makeup was really starting to cake into the bristles after a few weeks so I tried to wash the brush. I think the bristles are actually coated with something because they didn't want to wash up right and the thing took forever to dry and I swear, it was never quite the same since. PLUS, I know this was starting to break me out after a while! I had such a longer honeymoon period with this product than other crappy ones---it took longer to start breaking me out and aggravate me in general---I even recommended it to a few friends and now I have guilt about that! Fun while it lasted but not at all a good product for me for so many reasons.