October 23, 2014 | 1337 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by michibooful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this product for about $16 Canadian because I was looking for an everyday powder that I could use anytime. It provides a brush that is actually quite soft and it isn't too bad to use, so it's handy when travelling, because you don't have to worry about bringing your own brush. When you apply the powder on your face, it really does provide this wet, cooling sensation that you really should try for yourself, and I found it to be quite neat. This powder really gave my face a more polished and finished look, making it look soft and smooth. The coverage is very light though, so if you're looking for serious coverage, this isn't for you.

The reason why the Revlon Colorstay Aqua only gets a two is because of it's shimmer. It's not something that you notice in the container, and it's not even something you notice when you apply it. It's under direct sunlight where you notice all the little shimmers that they include in the powder. I only put a light coat of it on, so the shimmers are still tolerable (though I'm still not a fan of it), but if you put enough of this on to the point where it's medium/heavy coverage, I would stay out of direct sunlight - which is the reason why I think that you shouldn't get this if you're looking for a powder that'll give you a fair amount of coverage.

Overall, I think you can skip this product, whether you have normal skin that's looking for that extra polish or skin that has a few problem areas that need covering up. Unless you want to look sparkly, I suggest you save your money, and invest in another different product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by sandi149

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this product for the first time today and I do like it. I don't find it shimmery/sparkly at all. I also like the cool feeling that it gives you when you apply it. I never had a powder feel like that before. I first applied some concealer on my red spots and then applied the Mineral powder and it blended in just fine. I will definitely buy again but it looks like that won't be for a very long time as there is a lot of product in the jar. The only negative that I would give this product is the brush is kind of small and hard to get out of the case. Otherwise I really like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by krisbost10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was very anxious to get my hands on this. It is similar to the Almay Wakeup powder but definitely not as good! I was so disappointed in this purchase. I was expecting it to be great and go on very well. I got just the opposite. Even though the Almay product is a little more expensive...I recommend that you. This make up did feel like water on my face but definitely didn't do the job. I won't buy the Revlon brand again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by sparrow4242

I ADORE this stuff! I have super-pale skin, and have a horrible time trying to find a decent match, but this makeup looks so natural! I'm in my early 30's, have combo skin with ginormous pores, acne scarring, etc., and have found that some of the mineral makeups emphasize the pore issue, fine lines, etc., this is not a problem with the Colorstay Aqua. It feels amazing on (lovely cooling effect), and doesn't "stick" to my flaky spots. The coverage is buildable, and stays on once you put it on. I highly recommend this one for combination skin; plus, the applicator brush is pretty nifty! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by nvance

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm only on day 2 of this and I'm confused or blind, but I don't see one single sparkle in this! I don't even get particularly dewey. I mean it's not matte or dull, but definitely not sparkly. Anyway, I love, love, love the cool, wet feeling. The heat index has been about 110 the last couple of days and this has felt wonderful. I really like the sheer coverage and experimented in layering to give more coverage and it worked without being cakey. I'm using the med deep and it's perfect. I use my own mineral brush and use the brush that comes with it to touch up places around my nose, etc. I'm normally a bit oily in my t-zone but haven't had any problems yet. So, this review is early, but so far, I'm liking this for summer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I feel like the things in the plus column are also in the minus column for this product. I love the cool gimmick of the makeup feeling "wet" on the brush---as a liquid foundation girl I found that fake wet sensation oddly comforting. I loved the soft focus look of the product on and it gave just the right amount of coverage without looking like a mask. I even thought the way they packaged the brush in the lid was pretty neat. However, the gimmick gets old pretty quick, the soft focus look starts to appear kind of fake when after you wash your face you see how nice your own bare skin can look, and the brush is a problem because since it's retractable I found it makes it hard to wash and keep sanitary. You should always wash your makeup brushes on a regular basis and if you think they just need it. The makeup was really starting to cake into the bristles after a few weeks so I tried to wash the brush. I think the bristles are actually coated with something because they didn't want to wash up right and the thing took forever to dry and I swear, it was never quite the same since. PLUS, I know this was starting to break me out after a while! I had such a longer honeymoon period with this product than other crappy ones---it took longer to start breaking me out and aggravate me in general---I even recommended it to a few friends and now I have guilt about that! Fun while it lasted but not at all a good product for me for so many reasons.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by mpauletteb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use the old Colorstay loose powder and loved it, so I really looked forward to trying this. But I'm disappointed for several reasons. First, although I got the same shade as I did in the old Colorstay powder, it looks much lighter on my skin. The coverage is also much more sheer. And way too sparkly. I suppose it's supposed to be "shimmery," but it's too much. I planned to use this on it's own, like I did the old formula, but it's so sheer and sparkly, I only dust some on over another foundation for going out at night.
That said, the way it feels going on blows my mind! It feels wet, strange, but pleasant. I love the way it feels, I wish it actually provided coverage (with no glitter).

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by ChynnaBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sparkles have a place, but *all over* your face isn't one of them. This has glittery bits in it that made me look and feel like a disco ball - awkward anywhere but a party. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about a shimmer, I'm talking about an Edward Cullen all-out-sparkle factor. Seriously, I wouldn't even use that much sparkle in a highlighter. Because of that, I won't be wearing this and wouldn't recommend it to anyone over 16.

I really wanted to love this, because the idea of a cooling powder with water really appeals to me, as I'm in central Texas and it's often 100+ degrees out. The cooling factor was great and if this didn't have the glittery sparkle, I'd wear it.

I rated the packaging highly. I love the collapsible brush and the fact that it fits so nicely in the top. That's great. I'm really sad it's on a product I'll never use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff.. Works good on my skin and does what I need it to. Im on my second container of it. I love the way it feels cool as it goes on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I really like this as well! I was looking for something that would last a long time on my face in this hot weather since my other foundation/powder combos seemed to turn me greasy. Usually I would NEVER put a powder foundation straight onto my skin because I find they never adhere properly to my skin and just kinda sit on top. Then I always need to set my liquid foundations with some kind of powder and can never understand people saying their liquid foundation doesn't last or it melts off when they don't set it. Anyways..this actually adheres to my skin! you can feel it go on "wet" and it actually dries into a powder finish. So for someone who absolutely has to set her foundation (liquid or powder) this is fine to use on its own! I have found that using it with a primer makes it last and look fresh for longer. I had no shine breakthrough except on my nose and I usually tend to get shiny on my cheeks as well, but not with this. I had to spend about $16 CAD on this which is pricey for a DS foundation, but I suppose it is a liquid+powder for me so I'm only buying one instead of two products. I'm about NC42 and I find that the Medium Deep is just a touch too dark but will work well as summer progresses I believe.

The "shimmer" effect is no big deal, its not glittery and I believe if it were not present and the finish were flat/matte that it would make you look dead. This finish, to me, makes it look more like actual skin instead of thick, heavy foundation (think Studio Fix). One thin layer of this gives you light coverage, but you can build up to 3 and get medium coverage - anymore might feel too heavy. I like that it actually "sets" and when I touch my face there is no product transfer to my fingers. I find the included brush works well with the product

UPDATE: 11/07/2011 - I have washed the brush and experienced no issues whatsoever. All of the product washed out perfectly and the brush remained exactly the same as when I had purchased it. However, I find that the color Medium-Deep is a bit too dark for me and so I (reluctantly) gave it to my sister who is darker. I'd like to try Medium, but there are no testers in the store and don't want to risk not being able to return it because of the price. If i try it I will update again.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No