Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 6/16/2014 8:47:00 AM

I bought this while in America, but can't buy it in Australia which is devastating, covers acne scars beautifully. Good for blemishes not under eye, it is very thick.

on 6/14/2014 11:53:00 AM

Thick is the best word to describe this concealer. Normally I use two kinds of concealer around my eyes because I have dark circles, light pink shade and normal concealer, but with this there is no need. Use very little because it does go a long way. Not extremely hard to blend like I read from other reviews, just blended normally and it worked fine. Overall, good product for the price and I will be buying again.

on 6/13/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is pretty much the only concealer I use other than sometimes a nyx waterproof concealer. My skin breaks out freakishly easily and this doesn't break me out. It has good coverage. For some reason it still doesn't cover my acne scars but they're really red and nothing's been able to cover them really. I use this under my eyes too, and I appreciate the fact that it comes in a very very light shade as I'm pale and the light shade works well under my eyes. Sure, it's not super easily blendable and thin but I still use it under my eyes and just blend it quickly with my real techniques expert face brush. And it stays on well. The only thing is the packaging/consistency because if I don't use this for a week or two and then use it, a lot of times the first bit of concealer that comes out will be watery and runny and I have to squeeze more out to get it to be normal again. I think maybe if it was in a little hard bottle with a pump, then you could shake it to make the consistency normal.

on 6/10/2014 3:08:00 PM

I really wanted this concealer to be the one.

Unfortunately, my 40+ skin still breaks out, and this aggravated my acne.
Coverage wise, I think it requires a bit of finessing so it doesn't look too heavy.
I tried mixing a small amount mixed with primer and I still broke out.
Colour wise, I found the lightest shade a bit on the warm side, so ever so slightly orange, but not chalky or pink.

I think on normal, not acne-prone skin, this could be a wonderful product, especially with primer.

on 6/7/2014 10:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Did I finally find an HG concealer that's actually cheap? I have relatively good skin but my dark circles are AWFUL so I'm alway on the lookout for a good, heavy duty concealer. This doesn't COMPLETELY cover them (I honestly don't think anything ever will, lol) but it gives enough coverage to minimize them and it makes my eyes look brighter.
A little bit goes a long way, seriously. I squeeze out the tiniest dot possible and that is enough to cover up my dark circles. You definitely want to make sure to squeeze out just enough though because it's very easy to use too much of this. It also works very well at covering up any acne that I get.
I love that it's affordable and that it will definitely last me a long time. Also love the packaging, very easy and convenient to use.

UPDATE 1-13-15: This product eventually stopped working right for me. It became really hard to blend and I was always afraid of having it look unnatural on me. Also, I noticed that almost every time after I used it I would get a small little pimple where my dark circles are and I NEVER break out there so I have discontinued my use of this product. I've switched to Rimmel's 2-in-1 highlighter/concealer and really recommend that!

on 6/6/2014 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This products a dream come true. It covers redness and imperfections easily and with the right brush, my pores. I like the consistency because it'll cover up anything and a little goes a llooooooong way with this so I can't imagine running out of this in the near future. Plus it's pretty cheap ($6 CAD) and doesn't break me out. Hope this helps

on 6/1/2014 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Super sad. Usually nothing breaks my face out. Bought this concealer through recommendations and research and fell in love with it! Great coverage. Takes work blending it in, but great buy and I was very happy with this product.... Until my face started breaking me out. I have pimples every now and then but NOTHING like this. It looks like acne and I have NEVER had acne in my life. Super sad I have to switch because I loved this product until then.

on 5/30/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this concealer for years! When I first tried it, I was always afraid of it breaking me out because it is quite thick, but I have never experienced that from this concealer. I have bought benifits boi-ing concealer, multiple mac concealers including prolongwear, and basically every drug store concealer.. Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer is beyond my favorite!! It covers flawlessly, and the squeeze tube is perfect. I find pumps or lip stick style concealers more difficult to apply. I use the shade medium which matches my foundation for any imperfections, and I use ultra-light for highlighting after i apply my foundation under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, up my forehead, and on my chin. Works amazing and I will continue to use it because it is so affordable! :D

on 5/30/2014 12:31:00 AM

I really really wanted to like this product...and I'm trying to tell myself maybe I got the wrong shade or something(mine's Medium) but it left my undereyes look so patchy and doesn't blend at all after a few hours of running through your day..it looks awful! I prefer Maybelline's Age Rewind Dark Circle Corrector.

on 5/24/2014 9:09:00 AM

Pros:
- A truly heavy duty concealer. This stuff covers everything.
- Creamy, blends well. Doesn't emphasize dry/flaky areas.
- The shade "light" was a perfect colour match for my skin. This shade has warm-neutral undertones, I would say.
- Cheap. It's about $7 CAD and the little tube will probably last you forever because since it's so pigmented you only need to use a tiny amount to cover something.

Cons:
- Fairly limited shade selection
- Packaging. The tube is nice and hygienic, but I'm not a big fan of the tattoo style decoration. Some people may like it though, purely my personal opinion. However, given its price, this is a very, very minor con.
- Pretty sure this made me break out, which is rather unfortunate because I was using it to cover pimples and it did such a good job. After I started using it though, I started developing these massive pimples only in the places where I was using the concealer. I stopped using it, and they went away. I looked up the ingredients, and the second ingredient is Lanolin, which some people are sensitive to, and it also contains Cetyl Alcohol, which can cause acne in some people (myself included). So moral of the story - if you are acne prone, be cautious with this concealer. I really wish it didn't cause me to break out because it was an excellent colour match, an effective concealer, and SO CHEAP. Ugh.

If this didn't make me break out, I would probably give this 5 stars.