October 23, 2014 | 1381 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by RHartyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly I have tried MAC Pro Long wear foundation and MAC Studio sculpt foundation and even though both are not great, if you really wanted to buy one i'd say Pro Long wear was the better of the two.

After trying Studio Sculpt i went on to try Pro Long wear and it was better. It did stay on my face longer then the Studio Sculpt did but still would never last a whole day or even 6 hours. I felt this product still made my face look and feel oily.

The packaging for this product is awful! Its a glass tub with a pump, at first this seems okay but the pump doesnt go all the way to the bottom of the tub and stops 3 quarters of the way down so once you've got some use out of it be prepared with a battle.

I wouldn't buy this product again it just was not for me. I have normal/ combination skin, like most a have a slightly oily T-zone but when i used this product i looked like i had a serious problem with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by sweetheart_xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, I would like to say, those debating between the MAC Studio Fix Fluid and the Pro Longwear foundation should definitely go for the Pro Longwear. I have used both and am definitely sold on the Pro Longwear, and in my opinion it is the better one out of the two.

Comparison between SFF and Pro Longwear

- They have the same coverage, which is medium-full. The coverage can be built up with multiple layers, however I would recommend spritzing with something like Fix+ as it can get a little cakey when layering.

- SFF has a distinct paint-like odor, and I was still able to smell it after application, which was a bit off-putting. Pro Longwear has no distinct scent to it.

- SFF has a very matte finish, while Pro Longwear has a slightly less matte, more satin like finish. This makes it appear a lot more natural and less cakey on the skin, which I prefer.

- SFF dries much, much quicker and it can be a bit of a pain to blend. I found that while Pro Longwear tends to set quickly, I am still able to go over it and blend the foundation and any streak marks without too much effort.

- SFF tends to oxidise a little bit, and I have not noticed this with Pro Longwear.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by fionavirginia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this foundation a few times over this past month and must say... I like it just ok. Considering that I live in a high humidity climate (90-100'F / 32-36'C), it does last quite a decent amount of time, a good 3 hours before I need to start blotting my t-zone area, and it stays on up until about 6-7 hours in total before my face is all greased up. This foundation is a bit thick in consistency, gives a buildable, medium coverage. It definitely does NOT finish matte, I'd say somewhere between natural to semi-matte, at least if compared to the other MAC foundation I use, the Matchmaster, which gives a more obvious matte finish. I still need to set my face with a mattifying powder over it. The downside of this is, it seems to sit on my pores and it's quite visible closeup, it's also a little harder to blend, compared to my other foundations.
Shade-wise, it was a whole new revolution for me. For years I thought I was an NC37, when I started buying more foundations recently I realised that I'm actually lighter, an NC30. However, Pro Longwear foundation in NC30 is too yellowy and slightly darker for me, I could use NC25 just fine. The reason I say this is because this foundation does oxidise, although not significantly. I'm #4.0 in Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation, "I'm So Money Honey" in Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow and #140 in MUFE HD.
Would I repurchase it? Most likely not. I'd say if you're torn between this one and the Matchmaster foundation, go for the Matchmaster. If you already own the Matchmaster, stick to it, don't waste your money on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Heathrow airport with my leftover pounds, it was cheap (in my books, compared to australian over inflated prices) so I gave it a go.
I originally wanted studio fix because I read it is matte, I like matte foundation because of my combination skin, also coming into summer it would make my makeup last longer. But unfortunately they ran out of Studio Fix in my color so the lady suggested pro long wear because it is longer wearing but not as matte. Since its either walked out with nothing or I can buy this and give it a go, I decided to risk it (hah!)
Well I tried on one day for work, and wow it is amazing, it does last the whole day, and most of all, it is matte! not as matte as a some of the matte foundation out there but I would definitely call this matte. It does stay on the whole day and it is a med coverage foundation.
I also put powder on to set it (I rarely not use powder) and it is just so beautiful. However on this same trip I also bought Boots no7 beautifully matte foundation (see my other review) and to be honest Boots is just as good.
I paid 20.8pounds at the airport for this which i think it is very good price (which works out about $35 AUD when the same thing cost $54 here)
For reference, I wear NC20 in this, 52 in Bourjois and Warm Ivory in Boots beautifully matte, Chanel I am usually 20

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by jesscvz88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this foundation (NC40) for a couple of months already and I do like it a lot. I love the feel of this and how it has no paint scent to it. I have oily skin so this foundation dosent wear as long as i would like. At about 6 -8 hrs im so ready to take it off. I look like i have oil all over my face. The coverage is good and i do stay matte for about 3-4 hrs. But once i get oily their is no stopping it lol. I do like this foundation for everyday wear though and i will get it again. I like how natural it looks on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Hausdefab

my current foundation for summer...lasting power was great and make my face flawless...try use it with skinfinish face powder..result is wonderful

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by EternalBeauty786

Firstly, i am a Mac lover. But I really do not like this product. I instantly noticed that the coverage is not very good at all, it is buildable, but once i have built it to what i want, it looks too dark and too thick, it draws more attention to my imperfections than just one simple layer. I must stress that one simple application and my skin looks great, but any more than that bit, does not look good, or natural. But one application does not give me a flawless finish, unless i used my concealer too. Now you may be thinking, 'well just use your concealer then an stop complaining'. But No. I don't agree. I LOVE LOVE Mac studio fix fluid foundation, it is my All time favourite and i am regretful that i got talked in to purchasing this one. The lady at demeams said it leaves a more matt finish and thats why i went with it. But i don't feel that its matty, more of a nusiance, Eispecially when building it up, it becomes sticky. Yesterday i was going out to dinner with my partner, i did my make up an ended up washing my face, i just didn't like how it left my skin looking. Sorry for the no so positive review, I'm just giving my honest opinion. i wasted £25, and will be going to purchase my studio fix fluid foundation tomorrow. Its not comparable, Studio Fix gives wonderful luxurious coverage, whereas this just does not.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by rene1120

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation! The best and nothing compares to it. Its a great medium-full coverage foundation. I have combo skin and it does nothing for a oily T-zone, but thats what blotting sheets are for, right? This is the foundation Ive been looking for my whole life and its wonderful. It last for at least 12+ hrs, doesnt budge. Per my dermatologist, MAC uses oil in their products. I'll have to research that, cuz I refuse to give this up. Worth the $30 and the bottle lasts approximately 6-7 months. Highly recommend this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

SKIN TYPE: Oily, sensitive, acne prone

I bought this in the end of Dec 2012 and I still have about half of this foundation left. I do not use this everyday but just when I want a bit more coverage for my foundation.

I liked it when I first got it but now I do like it as much. Comes in a 30ml glass bottle with a black pump at the top which you can lock or unlock it.

Pros:
- Does not break me out surprisingly. Some people said they broke them out but I did not get that.
- Hygienic because it comes with a pump
- Able to lock and unlock the pump so that when you travel, you won't have the foundation all over your things! *thumbs up
- Amount that product dispense is alright. Does not pump too much or too little. Unlike the pro longwear concealer which wastes too much but it is one of my favorites right now (I have a review on that)

Cons:
- MUA at Mac matched me to the wrong shade! I have to blend some foundation down my neck and that is a major turn off for me! >.<
- cakey as hell. I use my original beauty blender with this foundation and it is difficult to blend! After about the 3 hour mark, my face gets oily and I start seeing patches on my skin! Disgusting
- I use maximum 2 pumps for my whole face and I have to say, it is cakey when you apply it on the skin, at least on my skin. I feel that this just sits on my skin and does not really sink it and set.
- Must blend fast because this dries fast.
This foundation is difficult to explain. Okay I'll try.

It is one of those foundations that dries fast, but does not sink in the skin. If you did not blend it out fast enough, it will be uneven on the skin and hence the patches. Combine with my oily skin, this foundation slides on my skin after about 3 hours or 2 and half hours. COMPLETELY FAIL ugh. When I blot my face, I can see some foundation on my blotting paper and it just drives me insane because isn't it suppose to be pro longwear??? I feel that Revlon Colourstay and Estee Lauder Double Wear is much better than this.

I really do not want to waste my money so I will try to use about 1/4 of it and only using 1 pump for my entire face so that I can use this for back-to-mac. Bought this for around SGD$51 here in Singapore.

Will not repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Dlovesmu

Horrible for me!! I was recommended this by a friend who love this, but it was sticky and left me looking dull and enhanced my pores. Then adding a powder was even worse. I don't know what I'm doing wrong as it has good reviews. Waste of my money :(