August 22, 2014 | 1025 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by CeylonTea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily/combo skin. Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshinhg Gel Cream is non-irritating and doesn't make my skin feel sticky, hot, or dirty. This contains alcohol as the third ingredient and is more suited for oily skin types. If you have dry skin, this will probably not work for you.

My skin is oily and flaky but doesn't feel dry or tight. The flakiness is due to fast cell turnover which is just my skin's way of self-exfoliating. It feels uncomfortable when oil sits on top it. Using this gel cream helps protect my skin against that by acting as a barrier between the oil coming out of my pores and my sometimes sensitive skin surface. Because of the gel-cream, my skin doesn't feel oily even when it starts to get oily and shiny. Seriously, nothing will stop oil production except the aging process. As for controlling he flakiness, I try to stay hydrated by drinking water and using facial scrubs from time to time and a mild facial cleanser. i use Neutrogena Naturals Purifying facial cleanser.

Other things I love about this product: the pleasant fragance is barely there and the slippery, thin texture which is light enough for my skin type. The cooling sensation feels great! For a drugstore brand moisturizer, this feels luxurious to use.

I agree with the other reviews that a little goes a long way. There's no need to put a big glob on your skin which was what I was doing because it felt so good to smooth it over my face. I just pat a small amount to the dry areas of my face. That's it. It's been well over a year and there still 1/4 of the product left but I don't use it every day in the summer.

I also love the fact that the jar is glass and not plastic. It seems more expensive and classy,,,not junky. For as long as my skin is slightly oily/combo, this will be my holy grail moisturizer. I would defintely purchase again and again. I hope this never gets discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by alexshultz

I have extreme combination skin - my t-zone is quite oily, but everywhere else (notably my cheeks, mouth area, and temples) is always very dry. I am/was looking for a moisturizer that could properly moisturize my dry areas, but help with my oily t-zone.

I got this at Target for $6.99. The packaging is nice, I was expecting to have more product (only 1.7 oz), however. I don't mind the jar, I actually kinda like it, but I don't understand why they couldn't put it in a tube, it's not very thick.

It has a nice fresh scent which I enjoy. You only need a small amount and it glides all over your face, feeling refreshing. It dries quickly, and when it does it leaves my skin feeling nice and soft and smooth... not necessarily moisturized, however, the box had stated you will notice more moisture in your skin within an hour, which is actually quite true. My skin feels really nice and moisturized after about 30 minutes.

My skin looks SO nice when I wear this, my skin isn't dry at all, and NOT at all oily!! I don't even need to use my Milk of Magnesia anymore, because my skin just looks great with this on.

LOVE it, and will definitely repurchase. I recommend this for people who have Normal-Combination-Oily skin. Winter hasn't come yet, and I don't see this holding up too well on its own for my dry skin, so I might need a heavier cream for nightly use and use this during the day. That being said, persons with Normal-Dry skin may not find this hydrating enough, but it's fantastic for a nice light moisturizer that you use during the day or the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by sportschick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Price: I find this at my local CVS or Target for around $10. Its a relatively small glass container, but you can often find coupons, etc.

Packaging: small, glass container. It is easy to get the product out, all the way to the last drop.

Scent/texture: no strong scent, texture is a smooth gel that is not sticky

Performance: I use this when the weather gets cold, late fall and winter here. I get extremely irritated, red, skin in those months, and this helps soothe the itchiness. It doesnt cause any breakouts. A little goes a long way. works great under primer and makeup, doesnt leave face sticky or cause any lumps under makeup.

I have already purchased this multiple times. My little sister has very severe acne on her face and sensitive skin, and this does not irritate her or break her out. in fact, with her acne treatment, and this moisturizer, her skin cleared up, and is less irritated.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by alyssajeanine05

I bought this product after watching a review on Youtube and i'm IN LOVE. I'm on my second jar and I'll be buying a third. I have dry to combination skin and this is perfect. It's lightweight, and super mosturizing. A little bit goes a long ways! No, it will not do anything for your acne, but it did not break me out which is a plus. It has a light scent, nothing over powering, and it smoothes into the skin very nicely. ALSO I had a sunburn on my face and put this on that day, woke up the next morning and my suburn was gone and I was left with a perfect glowy tan. I reccomend this product to everyone!! 8 dollars is sooo worth it, and even though it's in a jar, it's still a great product. If you're thinking about it, just go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by smolderingviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am officially in love. I had a bit of a mishap with an at home chemical peel. I was supposed to wash it off after 20 minutes and I fell asleep and woke up an hour later. Needless to say my face was very red and dried out and flaky. I put it on at night before bed and it burned like hell, probably because of the chemical peel mishap. When I woke up in the morning there was still a little redness from the irritation, but my face felt better than normal. It was very soft and moisturized, it literally felt softer than my 7 month old daughters. The only thing I DON'T like about it is that it comes in a jar as opposed to a tube. I have acrylic nails so I'll lose a little bit under my nails, also tubes are just more sanitary. Other than that it smells great, it works great, it doesn't clog my pores and I can see buying this over and over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I have been really impressed with all of the Garnier face products I have tried so far. I use the Gel Cream as a night time moisturizer, its very light but very hydrating and refreshing. I would like it better if it was in a tube or in a pump bottle like the Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion. A little bit goes a long way, I dip my ring finger in the jar, and then dot the product on both cheeks, forhead/chin and then spread around my entire face. The product is a bit pricey, but if you only use a little each time, it can last for a while, so for about 8$ I think its a decent value.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by mnarea90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've bought probably 10 jars of this moisturizer so far - it's great!! It feels so refreshing! I think I use too much of it though because I go through a jar every 3 weeks or so, and unfortunately it is somewhat expensive (regularly priced about $8 or $9 but I can get it on sale for $7). Besides the price, the only problem I have with this moisturizer is the packaging. I hate that it's in a jar; it would be so much nicer in a tube! I think I'm going to try the new pink version for dry skin though to see if it works better since I do have quite dry skin - maybe I won't have to use so much then.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by PandaMonsterKate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love this product. It feels light and thin, but packs a surprising amount of moisture into my skin, so it feels quenched without leaving a heavy residue. It kind of sucks that there's no sunscreen, but I use makeup with SPF, so problem solved? I know jars aren't the most sanitary packaging, but I like being able to reach the bottom so none of it is wasted. This also does wonders for my t-zone and my boyfriend's oily skin! This is our go-to moisturizer now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

This moisture gel is a great product for summer. It's light and fresh. It works well for my combination skin. Quickly absorbs and has a light refreshing scent. It was priced at $8.00 or so at my local drug store and came in a more expensive looking glass jar. I am taking points off for that. That jar is very appealing, however I tend not to like jars for sanitary reasons and wish it was plastic as glass would shatter all over my marble floor. I am on my second jar so it's definitely something I would purchase again in summer months.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by jacqc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Me: oily-combo and semi clog-prone. I bought this because I heard it was a dupe for my beloved Clinique moisture surge at a fraction of then cost. I have to say it's not quite a dupe. Compared to moisture surge, this is thinner/more "gel" than "cream." It's also not as moisturizing as moisture surge. It also absorbs within seconds and leaves no sticky or greasy feeling. This would've worked great for me for summer had it not broken me out. It was the only change I made in my skincare routine and I got two cystic breakouts - one on the side of my nose and one on the non-phone-using side of my face/cheek. It cost me ~$7 at Target, much better than the ~$45 for moisture surge, but I won't repurchase because it's not moisturizing enough and it broke me out. This would be good for very oily-skinned people. I might try the dry skin version (pink one) instead.