September 1, 2014 | 1948 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Blow Dry Perfector

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by lilibug824

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was horrible! My hair was NOT damaged, breaking, or otherwise unhealthy...until I used this product! Now my hair is breaking off in chunks! I had reservations about using this since it's Garnier, I have never liked any of their products, but I wanted to give it a chance. Now I'm going to have to cut my hair off and pay for expensive conditioning treatments. BELIEVE me, DO NOT try this unless you want to ruin your hair!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by mrsmcnair

I received this product through bzzagent to try out and give my honest opinion about. I am very impressed!! I am not a blow dry afficiando like some, but my hair is smooth, shiny, my hair color actually seems revitalized! I think it is a tad expensive to get, but I definitely would consider it for before an event or photo shoot!

A lot of people have complained about the smell of step one... I honestly did not think it was as bad as many were making it out to be. It was better than perm solution, for sure!! My blow drying time was cut way way down, and again, I'm definitely a fan of this product!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by JessAriel7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a BzzAgent and received this product for free to try. I had recently dyed my hair (back to my natural color, I want to stop dying it for awhile until the inevitable greys show up, anyways), and the box recommended waiting 2 weeks before using the product. I decided to wait 3 weeks, just in case. I dye my hair at home and am used to a variety of stinky smelly products, but the amount of chemicals and the smell of the product practically knocked me over. I barely put a tiny bit on my hair before immediately removing it. Because of this, I can't comment on how it works, but I will say that due to the smell and the ingredients I don't think this is a good idea for hair; I think the trend lately has been more towards a "less chemicals" attitude toward beauty and this just doesn't fit in. The smell was just way too much for me, I like to use products on my hair and body that I can feel good about and feel like I am doing something good and healthy for myself.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by bluenile

It is completely awful and damaged my hair beyond repair. It is so damaged and fried that it won't even dry. I am left with an entire head of clumps of hair that look like fried wet cotton balls. I have cut as much as I can off it however, it is damaged less from a 1/4 inch from the roots and downward.
If that wasn't bad enough, it stripped my blonde hair and I have streaks of copper and orange from a color change.
I bet pure BLEACH and Gasoline would have done less damage than this did to my hair.

My hair won't even dry and it is gooey clumps of damaged hair.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by lgillette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a Brazialian blow out at the end of april and my hair was starting to poof up again. saw this product FINALLY in a store and bought it, then started reading the reviews. well, i gutted up and tried it on thursday and i've had no issues with hair falling out or damage. my hair is colored and highlighted. after treatment my hair is smoother and it feels a bit "crunchier" than it did before. went to the gym and did a really sweaty workout and blew it straight. just ironed the bangs a bit.

if you use it as directed, it works. i will probably buy again depending on how long it lasts - who can afford 300/quarter for straightening - if can do this monthly huge savingsfor me.

will post again as shampooing progresses.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by lizavet8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh boy. Even after the bad reviews, I had to try it. I have fine, heavily highlighted wavy hair. It's to the nape of my neck, as I've been growing out a short cut. I've been air dryng for months, sulfate-free shampoos, etc, in an attempt to grow it out in a healthy way.

The first night I did this treatment, my hair was gorgeous-smooth, shining, and actually swingy, which it never is. I planned to go out and buy all the boxes I could find!

I washed it 48 hours later, and have been pretty unhappy ever since. I can no longer air dry it, as it sticks in awful clumps. When I blow dry, it takes twice as long, because the hair feels like it has a thick, gummy coating. Then, to try to get some bend, I have to flat-iron, increasing the risk for damage.

The ends are frazzled now-as one other reviewer noted-they sort of stick out, like straw. I've shampooed 5x since the treatment, and I'm spending today with my beloved Weleda rosemary oil on to try to break this down on my hair.

A note on the small-I'm a veterinarian-so I'm pretty used to awful smells-this one is strong-and bad. It's a sulfur smell-make sure you're in a ventilated room, and warn others in the house!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I am so fortunate not to have had a bad experience with this. It made my hair awesome. I have short, natural blond with highlights, dry and damaged hair. I have used the product more than 3 times because my hair is so short. I have some natural curl underneath my hair and this just smooths everything out. It makes it a bit dry and it sure is stinky, but I had a really good experience with it. I followed the directions to a T and I am impressed with the results. Even when I air dry my head, I notice a difference. But man oh man it smells so bad. I'm sorry to those who had horrible experiences. I would die if anything bad happened to my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by winniepoo

I tried this product today. I am so shocked at the negative reviews as right now my hair honestly looks so straight and pretty. I did exactly as directed so wonder if the ladies with the poor reviews did. I have fine hair, so used half the amount of product of step one and two. I timed for 20 minutes, and blew my hair dry. It was pretty exciting as it was so silky and straght. I did not need to flat iron but I did. I do not know what I may have done right, and others wrong, but I am so impressed. My hair is colored, (woven with three colors) and looks still just great and the same as yesterday.

The smell of the first product is like the old perm solution, but bot a big deal.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by curemyson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick coarse wavy frizzy hair. I was so excited when I saw the ad for this in Allure. I ran out to get it. Seriously, DO NOT use this product! My hair actually looks furry! I have color treated hair and it's dry by nature but I take great care of it. This made my hair like fur, hard to blow dry and just plain ugly. I have had coconut oil in it for the last three days and today I washed and styled it for the first time since using this product. It looks better, not back to normal just better. The smell mentioned is minimal and I wouldn't mind the process if it worked! I've spent more time wait for polish to dry! But to wait for these results is just wrong! They need to get rid of this product, it is the pits. So sorry I didn't check here first, sad mistake for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by KNSmith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

DO NOT USE THIS!!!!
I tried this last week and my hair was breaking off in large clumps-what is left of it is fried!!! I have very thick hair that is about four inches past my shoulders. I put the 'Step 1' serum in my hair- and started to comb it through and realized my hair was breaking off in large clumps-I had it on my hair about 3 minutes before rinsing it out repeatedly- my hair continued to fall out and I was worried I wouldn't have any hair left! I called Garnier and they told me it was because my hair was damaged- which was absolutely not the case prior to using this- I don't color my hair, I deep condition it at least once a week and I only wash my hair twice a week and don't blow dry it. My hair is now fried! This product is going to cost me hundreds of dollars and months just to get my hair back to what it was before using this! My hair stylist was horrified when she saw my hair and can't believe a product like this is on the market- especially sold over the counter! I recommend staying far away from this product!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No