September 30, 2014 | 1057 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by shauna510

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just okay for me. I know these shades are supposed to be neutral but for me, they're just not that wearable because of how shimmery they are. When I try to use two or three of the shimmery colors together, they just all blend together and end up looking more or less the same no matter what colors I select. I also prefer really warm colors and these colors just seemed a bit TOO neutral in tone and end up looking blah on my eyes. I do like some of the colors. Naked 1: Virgin is one of my all time favorite highlight colors, and the two blue/grey/black shades (creep and gunmetal?) are really great for smokey looks, but all the other colors are easily duped and nothing that really stand out for me. I would re-purchase virgin individually, but the others I could take or leave. Naked 2: not a single color I like. All blah for me. Naked 3: colors look much better in the pan than on my eyes and I have to really work and incorporate other products/steps to get the colors to work for me. Too shimmery. Not pigmented enough. Blackheart, trick and factory are my favorite colors, all the others just don't hardly show up on my eyes, and I'm a medium skin tone. I'm not sure if they're planing on doing more naked palettes and don't know why I keep buying them, but I think I'm done with them for now... Unless they come out with a warmer palette with mostly matte shades. I like some shimmer, but these have tooooo much shimmer for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by hairproductlover112

Naked 1 FTW!!! I love this palette, it seriously changed my life lol. If you use eyeshadow a lot it's definitely worth the splurge because the pigment is stronger and nicer and much easier to blend than cheap eyeshadow. This palette is perfect for just going to class or going out at night because there are many different looks you can do with it. I like that it's all neutral because I personally think colored eyeshadow looks tacky unless you're on stage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by ave1416

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this eye shadow palette! I love all of the colors in this palette! My favorite is color from NAKED is Sidecar but I love and use all the others too. The shadows are pigmented and they last all day! You can blend the shadows easily and create endless looks. I'm don't use matte shadows a lot , so I love how Urban Decay included so many shimmery shades. I love how you can use this palette for daytime looks and nighttime looks. And it can be used for formal events and everyday wear. I really like the primer that comes with the NAKED palette and I want to purchase a full sized tube soon. I also like the brush that comes with the NAKED palette and I think its a good addition to the product especially if someone doesn't have a lot of brushes in their collection. I don't think the price is bad at all because you're getting your money's worth!
I don't like the packaging because I feel like its flimsy and it doesn't stay open on its own.
I think this palette is perfect for anyone who loves shimmery shadows, nude/natural colored shadows, pigmented shadows, and wants to find good blending shadows.
I love this palette and it's definitely one of my favorites!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this palette a lot. I couldn't decide which one to buy: original or 2. It's hard to make a smart everyday look and not to look overly dressed.
My go-to evening palette. My everyday palette is the new Naked 3 :)

- the shadows are super blendable
- very, very pigmented (better than MAC - I shouldn't have made a 15 shadow MAC neutral palette)
- great colors, mostly for evening wear
- brown and taupe hue
- has a highlighting shade, has a black shadow (blacks I have a lot)
- no fallout, or almost no
- comes with a brush (I don't like it, it's more a concealer brush)
- primer (wish it was a squeeze tube)
- case - cardboard, easy to travel, light, mini non useful mirror, easily gets dirty or worn

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

My least favorite of the Naked series. ONLY because I am very light and cool-toned. I find these colors very hard to pull off. Very hard. The ones I have better luck with are as follows (to help other fair/cool girls) Naked, Virgin, Sin, Darkhorse (only if you have dark hair like me), Creep, & Gunmetal. I also like Smog but it's bit harder to pull off straight off the palette, I have to mix it with something cooler, but its no biggie.

Some of the colors, like Half Baked, etc are very difficult for me. I love the colors but I can't seem to get the color to look okay on me without my skin looking sallow or muddy. I am still rating this 5 lippies because UD shadows are insanely unique with the pigmentation and blend-ability. I will not fault the coloring because of my tone. This palette is very much geared for warm toned people and neutral. Cool people should have better luck with Naked 2 and 3.

I am NW20, very dark hair with slight mahogany tones and hazel eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by katiekatie1010

I love this palette. It's my go-to when I want to look nice for work, but not to colorful. I feel like no matter what your skin/eye color, there's a combination in here that would work for you. In addition to the universality, the quaility of the shadows is amazing, pigmented and easy to blend out. Even though it might seem like a large expenditure at first, it works out to about $4.34 per eyeshadow, plus you get an eyeshadow brush with the set.

The brush I'm not so crazy about for applying eyeshadow, but I find for concealing large areas it works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Lisaachristine1

I absolutely love this palette! There are so many different combinations! this is definitely one of my favorite products!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Britty18

These shadows are simply amazing. They apply great and there are so many different combinations you can do! I love experimenting with all the different shades. Definitely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by romagrey

I used this Palette every single time I put on eye makeup and I own a lot of eyeshadows and palettes. It is my absolute favorite. The pigmentation is amazing, colours are beautiful and practical but still glamourous, blends nicely, everything is just great. I cannot blend out an eyeshadow look unless I'm using the shade naked from this palette. There are so many looks!! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! It may seem a little pricey, but the shadows are so long wearing and pigmented that you don't need to use that much. There's a lot of shadow in a little pan and this palette has lasted me forever!

I haven't needed to repurchase for 2 years of consistent wear. The colors I use the most are Buck, Naked, and Virgin; as contour, contour, and highlighter. Virgin is seriously the prettiest and most perfect highlighting shade for brow bone, inner corner, and center of your lid. I occasionally like to dust a bit on the bridge of my nose for a bit of light reflecting and it adds such a beautiful glow.

The primer potion is not needed with these shadows (even though UDPP is perfect) because they last all day without any sort of primer. No fall out! No smudging (even on my super oily lids)! Perfection!

All the shades are so versatile and I always get compliments. You can make your face look bare and naked, or a intense and dramatic look. Easily layered! I like to build up Creep for a smokey eye. Looks great! It's also perfect for just an everyday look, whether it be work or school. I use a lotta Naked and a little Buck for the perfect contouring that enhances my eyes but looks very natural.

The shadows have a creamy feel to them and apply so perfectly and smoothly. It's difficult to mess them up. No fall out and very easy to blend.

Will definitely repurchase! Recommended to everyone.