L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

3.9

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 1.0%, Titanium dioxide 6.7%), Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Alumina, Polyethylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Acetyl Trifluoromethylphenyl Valylglycine, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polycaprolactone, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

on 12/8/2011 1:24:00 PM

This fdn is a soft matte so it would be best for normal to oily skin; if you have dry skin you'll need a moisturizer underneath. I got the color Soft Ivory and I was concerned that it might be a tad too dark for me but when I pumped it out, it is actually quite light - so this just looks darker in the bottle. I only use a pea size amount; it is very concentrated so if I use any more than that it can look a bit cakey. I did not buy it for the anti-aging ingredients though as I read (at Beautypedia) that there is only a dusting of these ingredients in it but it has sunscreen which is great for anti-aging.

on 12/1/2011 2:19:00 PM

I was afraid this would be too matte and geared more towards oily skin but it isn't. I am more than impressed at how flawlessy, natural and beautiful this foundation looks. It applies easily and melds with your skin. Not dry looking at all just lovely glowly skin. Thankfully I don't have to powder this down at all in fact my MAC Cream Color Bases go on 100% better over this. I am totally loving this stuff!

on 12/1/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm loving this product and my hopes are that stuff will help with my acne since it has Retinol. It feels light and not at all thick but at the same time it provides great coverage. On the areas that are affected by acne i pat on a little extra and i dont have to reach for my concealer. I love it. I worn havent worn it all day yet but that test is coming up tomorrow. Lets see how it holds up after a whole work day. I'm hoping it doesnt let me down but i'll update on how it goes. PS. i love how i dont feel like i'm wearing a mask. Very natural feeling and looking.

on 11/30/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got the pump bottle, not the one with the built in brush. I got the Light ivory shade (MAC NC20 for ref), and I must say it is a really great product! It covers nicely, blends perfectly and just makes my skin look nice. It was around $15 at Rite Aid, but it was definitely worth it. One ounce should actually last a while because I use it sparingly. Very happy!

on 11/29/2011 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so excited to try this, I bought both the Serum Absolute and Smooth Absolute (with the brush applicator). I was more excited to try this one vs the Smooth even though the other has a higher rating thus far. This one is said to have better coverage, it was compared to high end foundations... unfortunately I couldn't blend this to save my life. It looked okay after applying with the F80 in the mirror, in a magnified make-up mirror? Nightmare. It looked as though I had packed it on with a flocked sponge and left it. I then used the F82 and attempted to blend it...nothing. Not sure why it looked like that. Of course that's not to say it's a bad foundation, just didn't work for me. I noticed this foundation created a strange, cakey wrinkled, aging look nose to mouth. It was a bit thick but if I could have blended well it might not have been so bad on me. I returned it. Love the Smooth Absolute!

on 11/27/2011 12:09:00 AM

Absolutely the best I've ever used. I've tried every high end foundation for dry skin and this shockingly beats all of them by far. Dewy, flawless, easy to apply and lasts all day. WOW. Totally impressed!!!!!

on 11/22/2011 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this foundation because of all the good reviews. Unfortunately, it's pricey for a DS foundation, and I'm on a tight budget right now, and I HATE it.

My skin is NC15 (although I can wear NW15 in MAC and it looks fine) and I bought shade 143 Soft Ivory, which is ORANGE on me. Also splotchy.

I like to apply liquid foundation with my fingers. My sister, a passionate advocate for foundation brushes, tells me that it's no surprise that my foundation is splotchy and orange. Maybe, but I never had these problems with my old standby Dream Liquid Mousse foundation and I applied that with my fingers as well.

Ugh... really wish I could return this because it's totally unwearable. Now I have one more bottle of make-up cluttering my bathroom and will need to go buy new foundation. This time I'm sticking with something I know works for me. Ironically, I have really good skin so I feel like foundation has to do so little to satisfy me.

EDIT: I received a Clinique foundation brush as an early Christmas present and have since retried this foundation using a brush for application. Still awful. It doesn't blend well with my skin, makes me look "fuzzy" and is just generally obvious and unflattering.

on 11/16/2011 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I typically prefer higher-end/department store makeup, although I am a fan of L'Oreal True Match compact foundation because of how well it matches my skin. I have fair skin with warm undertones, and it tends to be a touch dry. I'm also getting closer to 40 so I'm starting to look for anti-aging ingredients. I bought this foundation to try since it came in a pretty bottle and looked more luxurious than most drugstore foundations, and because I'd read good things. It comes in a decent range of colors (I chose light ivory - close to my True Match W1), and it has plenty of "good" ingredients. The foundation itself is a thick liquid in a glass pump bottle. One pump is definitely enough to cover your entire face and jawline/neck. I misted my skin with Julie Hewett rose water, and applied this with a duo-fiber stipple brush. This is *not* a light coverage foundation by any means. I'm accustomed to mineral foundations and tinted moisturizers, and this is definitely medium to full coverage. I can't imagine if I'd applied it on dry skin with my fingers, I'd be wearing a kabuki mask. It dries very quickly, so you do have to blend fast. Blends nicely and covers everything, no need for additional concealer. Gives a very smooth, matte, finished look that lasts all day. I set with Clinique blended loose powder and it has lasted all day with very minimal touch-ups for shine. A touch expensive for a drugstore item, but this easily holds its own against higher end foundations by Lancome and Chanel, and is 1/3 the price. I'd call this foundation a drugstore alternative to Lancome Teint Miracle. This is a drugstore "must try" IMHO. Will definitely repurchase.

Edited to add: Applied this with a dampened cosmetic sponge and a touch of Boots Instant Radiance Balm mixed in, and got much more lightweight coverage. Still very beautiful and matte, and lasted all day. Definite HG drugstore status. Very nice.

on 11/4/2011 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Both this and the Smooth Absolute are gorgeous foundations. I think this one has slightly more coverage and is just a little less dewy. I love that they both have SPF and I love that this has a pump. I like to use these after a long night out or my skin is tired and I think they brighten and help my skin look luminous.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Boy oh boy, am I happy I gave this foundation a fair shot. You never know with drugstore ones. Plus, my skin's so fair, the lightest shades are usually too dark and pink anyway. 143 Softest Ivory didn't look to be that way, so I tried it ...

SOFT IVORY 143 COLOR: NC15 is a little too dark for me, and I would peg this at being a trifle lighter than NC15. Soft Ivory 143 is maybe a smidgen too dark as I'm an NC10 (if this shade existed) - but I can get away with wearing it. Comparing shade 143 to the lightest 1.0 shade of MAC's new Matchmaster foundation, the Matchmaster is a little lighter than the Visible Lift.

TEXTURE & FINISH: I'd classify this as medium coverage with a semi-matte finish. I don't look cakey or made-up; it just looks like I've got flawless skin. I don't bother with powder as I don't care for it anyway - and that's fine because a few hours later, I'm just a little dewy.

LIGHTING ISSUES: I applied this in the incandescent lighting of my bathroom, double-checked the result in my fluorescent-lit kitchen, and gave my face a close look in my car's rearview mirror. The finish looks good and smooth in all 3 types of light.

PACKAGING: Faaantastic little pump. Love it.

Drugstore foundation under $15, ladies! I'm impressed.

** Fellow La Roche-Posay Anthelios users who have a nightmarish time finding cosmetically elegant sunscreen/foundation combos, I'll save you the headache right now: the SPF 30 spray goes really well under this foundation.