Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

4.2

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Methyl Paraben, Disodium Succinate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Succinic Acid, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate.

on 10/29/2011 7:42:00 AM

I picked up a bottle on a recent trip to Hong Kong because of all the positive buzz online.

At first I thought it lacked hydrating properties, but after a few days it seemed as if my skin had adjusted. Now I'm so happy because after only a couple of weeks of using this product my skin is significantly better.

- The number of zits on my face have significantly lessened

- My T zone has disappeared and my combination skin is no more. My face is now one texture: normal-feeling, even rosy.. And this feeling lasts the whole day. There IS truth in advertising; you get the bouncy, moisturized sensation after.

Some personal notes:

- This product is designed to be topped off by moisturizer, but I don't anymore. I simply put on my sunscreen and go off to the day.

- I read somewhere that the recommended number of drops to use is 4, but I find 1 to 2 is more than sufficient to cover my face and even my neck. I apply product on my forehead last when I'm done with the rest of my face because I tend to be oily on my forehead. It's been working great so far.

I'm very happy with this product.

on 10/21/2011 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDITED after a few months of use:

I love this. I used to have oily, dehydrated skin that was peeling all over. Now I just use this after my cleanser--4 drops of it--and I glow like I'm lit from within. No sticky feeling, just smooth, bouncy skin. If my skin's particularly parched, eg after a clay mask, I top up with one drop of Hada Labo milk. That's it. No more heavy moisturizers that weigh my skin down--just this amazing lotion with its supernano particles that fill out my dehydrated top layers.

on 10/5/2011 4:46:00 AM

Let me just start by saying I've used loads of different types of facial products and nothing has ever really seemed to work on my extremely acne-prone, combination skin. By work, I mean reduce my breakouts.

I was running low on toner and moisturiser, so I bought this lotion (which is really a toner) along with its moisturising milk. Actually, I got the milk first because I thought it was the lotion. I tried the milk on its own for about 1-2 weeks and there was not much difference.

However, once I started using the lotion, I was SO AMAZED. My skin felt like it could actually bounce and there was no greasiness. There was only a slight bit of stickiness (not greasy/oily, but sticky) but my face still felt soft and supple.

Honestly, in only about 3 days, I could already see that my pimples were decreasing. When one does appear, I apply some OXY and it goes away so, so, SO much faster than before.

Also, my face feels a lot more supple and hydrated. This lotion works wonders. Apparently, 1 bottle is sold every 4 seconds in Japan. When I saw the advertisement for it, I didn't think much of it at all. But then I decided I'd try it out and I don't regret one bit. One of my friends, who has super goddess skin, has even complimented me on my skin and said my acne seems to have gone down by a lot.

The moisturising milk is good too, but it has to be applied sparingly because it tends to make your face feel oily if you slap on way too much.

Oh and I almost forgot: You only need a little of each every time you apply them on, so one bottle lasts really long. Best thing is that it works too!

on 8/15/2011 4:03:00 PM

I simply love Japanese skincare! they are usually affordable and even the drug store brands are way superior than the ones in North America and best of all, it suits my Asian skin!

I have both the regular Hyaluronic Lotion and the Deep Whitening Lotion by Rohto. I prefer the Deep Whitening lotion as it hydrates and evens my skin tone. The texture after it dries is heavenly! It is mattifying and makes me skin very soft.

The big bottle is about $20CAD a pop which is very affordable and can be easy found on eBay.

Right now, I use them interchangeably and love them both. It hydrates very well and its thicker than a regular toner but thinner than a gel lotion so I empty some on my palm and pat them into my face so that I won't waste any toner/lotion.

Recommended!

on 8/3/2011 10:12:00 PM

A ha, my first Japanese lotion/toner. This is not your typical Western toner that acts as a final cleansing step, more of a moisture booster in my opinion. Since I primarily use a light moisturizer for day and whitening creams at night, this takes care of the hydration department that I don't have in my normal creams. It is goopy, not like a water at all, but absorbs surprisingly quickly (a minute at most for me), and does not cause reactions. And a small 2cm diameter blob is plenty. I use the regular formula for my combo slightly dry skin, but I know there is a light version as well. I think applied heavily under a hot towel or Japanese compressed paper mask this would work well as a 5min hydration mask too. Highly recommended for a moisture booster. Buy at Sasa, Adambeauty, eBay, or any other Asian etailers, I think Sasa is cheapest though.

on 7/21/2011 7:02:00 AM

I have very finicky skin and over the years, I've learned that there is unfortunately no one miracle product. While Hada Labo isn't without its flaws, it performs well for several of my needs (my skin is prone to breakouts, and combination oily but dehydrated and flaky from Tazorac.) My biggest needs for Hada Labo was for it to not break me out or make me greasy but still help soothe (if not outright get rid of) my dehydration.

So did Hada Labo meet my needs? Well, this is not a product that will give you heavy duty moisture, so if your skin is more mature or on the dry side it won't be enough unless you layer with something much heavier. Even for my not-so-dry skin, it's not wholly sufficient on its own for my dehydrated/flaky areas. I need to layer a light moisturizer on top of it. In addition, while it doesn't outright break me out I've noticed an increase of blackheads on my nose if I apply the lotion/toner there. Nonetheless, even with these flaws, I won't be giving up my bottle soon.

Even though Hada Labo's not hydrating enough on its own for my drier areas (cheeks, sides of mouth), it allows for other light moisturizers which wouldn't be enough on THEIR own to suddenly be sufficient. I've tried layering light moisturizers on top of one another before and they all end up too heavy as a result. Hada Labo is light enough for my layering experiments to not end up greasy. In addition, on my less flaky areas (jawline), it's actually moisturizing enough all on its own. So for those of you who are more oily, Hada Labo would probably be all that you need. As for the blackheads issue, I just avoid applying it onto my nose (which is really pretty oily on its own already and doesn't need the extra hydration) and problem solved. The end result is skin that is much more hydrated, soft, and touchably smooth but not greasy or broken out - exactly what I wanted; it just required that I make some adjustments with other products and methods as well.

The price for Hada Labo is also quite fair, I've seen other hyaluronic products sold out there for faaar more expensive. It can be a bit difficult to source if you're not located in Asia, but with the power of the internet, that's hardly an issue. As a quick side note though, you really do need to pat the product in per the advertisements, otherwise it just remains slippy on the skin and isn't fully absorbed. All in all, Hada Labo's not perfect, but there are some definite benefits to be gained that may suit your needs.

on 7/21/2011 4:19:00 AM

This is my first Japanese style toners that I tried and I'm never going back! I was using clinique toner before and I wasn't too pleased with it. Although it made my skin feels 'clean' it also dried it up. After reading some reviews and considering the price (rm 30 after discount, less than 10 dollars) i bought it. And what a difference it has made to my skin! My skin is less oily n feels more hydrated now. And it doesn't cause breakout as well. I don't know the science behind it but it works. Some people say that this is gimmick as hyaluronic acid can't be absorbed by your skin and maybe it's true but I dont care because it's cheap and the ingredients is quite good as it's free of alcohol and mineral oil. I have used 2 bottles and I'm buying a third. I rarely bought the same product twice because I like to try new things but this is the exception. Thanks!

on 7/12/2011 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

on the first time I was not too interested with these products because i think these products special for dry skin, while my skin oily. but after I saw on the forums give very good rave to this product, even for oily skin.

then I bought a sample size of 20ml, was in a very good product for my skin. you should know that before using this my skin are acne prone and really sensitive and i used the doctor product which make my face more sansitive, when having decided to remove my doctor cream and then replace it with hada Labo. I do not expect too much that this product will work wonders for my face. but now my skin supple, soft and not dry anymore, much better before when I was wearing cream from doctor

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this toner so much cus it's very hydrating and you get a 170ml of product for the price you pay. I definitely feel that my skin is less dry at night cus I usually sleep with my air-con on. I highly recommend this toner and believe it or not I think my skin got clearer although this toner can only moisturize your skin. Maybe it's the hyaluronic acid helping with the absorption of the tretinoin which I use after the toner at night.

on 7/2/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Im alternating between this and fancl lotion, ie when I'm broke I buy this when I'm not so broke I buy fancl. I must they both well equally well!! I need just 3 drops for my entire face(and my face can rival a rather filling pancake).

Top Rated Hada Labo Products