September 19, 2014 | 1710 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Make Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this foundation. My skin is pretty oily and Revlon Colorstay (the oily/combo version) was the only thing that could keep my face from shining. However, that foundation broke me out so I had to stop using it. Clinique Anti-blemish is somewhat similar to Revlon, but mattifies my skin a bit better and does not break me out. I would say that the coverage is pretty much the same, which means that unless you have quite a lot of redness or discoloration, it will cover practically everything. However, I would not recommend this for the area around the eyes because it would dry the skin there.
The shade selection is not perfect, 02 Vanilla is a bit light and pink for me and 03 Neutral is yellow enough, but just a bit darker than my skintone. I decided to buy 03 because I easily get a tan and the pinkness of 02 is a bit too much, since I am on the yellow side.
For my oily skin this is perfect, especially for going out, because it does not smudge, budge or melt of my face, even when I'm sweating, it still stays put. Unless something goes really wrong with it, I think I will continue to repurchase this foundation time and time again.
But let me make myself clear, this is not for those with dry/normal skin or those looking for light to medium coverage, but only for those who have a very shiny face and want a flawless look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by milliemops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I first tried it out when i went to Vegas on holiday last June after the really nice lady on the counter told me I was really using the wrong foundation- superbalanced (so annoying as i had been using it for 4+years and no one in the uk had bothered to ask me/help me etc) anyway she compare this one and another foundation (cant remember which) and it was amazing! best foundation i have ever used ,(well i havent used many but i'm too scared to change incase its a waste of money) it is lovely and matte and stays all day with my murad oil control mattifier as a primer underneath and i powder it a little with clinique stay matte powder.
It has a good coverage and hides my acne scars, no one realizes i even have them! i just add extra little bits to cover the blemishes that are out and about and i dont worry about my foundation melting off my face straight away anymore.
The only thing i am annoyed about is that they are sold out of my shade everywhere currently, i wish they would hurry up!
i have yellow toned skin and the colours are a good range.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by sweetlemons

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation has come as such a relief! I'd spent so long using foundations that either didn't match my skin tone properly, were too rich or too sheer and after a bit of research, and hearing rave reviews about the Anti-Blemish Solutions I was desperate to try it.

I have a lot of acne scarring on my cheeks and this foundation covers the redness and scars beautifully - athough I have found that some days I do need to call for some concealer as I haven't found it completely covers the darker scars - apart from that the coverage is the best I've found for my skin; not too light, not too heavy.

The colour is pretty good - I have more yellow/warm undertones and I feel this is has more pink to it and it can look quite "ashy" if I do not apply it carefully; however it does match pretty well considering the colour choices that were available so for the colour I guess I am happy with it, but not overjoyed. Definitely best for you girls with the pink undertones.

I am still mastering the technique of applying liquid, as I've spent so long using powders, but it's so easy to apply as it's very liquidy at first, so easy to spread, but then dries very quickly - no problems there. Even if I've applied a little more, it doesn't feel heavy or as if it's clogging - it's so light and dreamy! Also this hasn't broken me out at all so hurrah!

Initially I tried to ignore what people have said about it "sticking" to dry areas (I get an oily t-zone but drier cheeks) and this is true as it shows up some dry flaky areas - however a bit of moisturiser beforehand eradicates this problem. As for the oily areas, there are no problems, works in harmony and stays on pretty well throughout the day - although near the end of the day a slight touch up is needed for the acne scarred areas (but I've never known a foundation that doesn't need touching up after 7/8 hours).

Finally, I must say the finish is quite matte - it doesn't make your face glow, so I've had to whip out the ol' highlighter to make me look fresh. But apart from that, my skin looks great and very well covered! The only let down is the colour; so I guess, after I finish the bottle, I shall be on the quest for THE perfect match for my warm undertones.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Jotten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I bought this foundation, I thought i was buying the acne solution, i just discovered now ( can you believe it?) that this is actually the anti blemish solutions. I got in fresh ivory, and I'm NC 15. It looked nice but I wish it was a lighter shade. It doesn't look natural at all, i use the 187 mac brush and them my finger, after that i aplly a fine coat of the MSN in light medium, so that it looks more natural. This foundation makes it look like I have some wrinkles in my forhead, and I'm not even 18 yet! it last quite a long time, but for sure it ain't a miracle in a bottle. I payed $25 or $22, wich is not expensive, but for the price it could still be better. I had another clinique foundation in the past, the stay true something..., and beside the color problem ( it was way too dark), the other proble was that it looked too artificial, just like this one, i thing i will never purchase another clinique foundation because of this, they are too heavy and the coverage is definitely not buildable at all. I hope my review was helpful, have a nice day!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by fdgjui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is amazing! ive tried hundreds of both high end and lower priced foundations, including a few different mineral foundations in attempt to cover and not make my blemishes worse. I go to uni all day in a hot and steamy sewing room and always find that my dehydrated/dry/sensitive spotty skin would be oily and breaking out by midday and feeling itchy... not a good look. The first day I wore the clinique foundation I didnt break out and my face felt comfortable and didnt get itchy all day. It also looked completely natural and flawless! after 3 days my skin is already on its way to being clear! The bottle is also easy to keep clean and get the product out without getting messy/contaminated. Will defo buy again.. Could be a HG. The price is also good, in comparison to the amount i have spent on bobbi brown, estee lauder, mac, nars etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by pchotai

I've got pimple scars on the side of my face, which makes it next to impossible for me to use blush. The clinique attendant suggested this for me and tried it out on my skin, and it looked natural so I bought it, and I'm glad I did. It looks so natural, and hides as well as reduces the pimple scars.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had this foundation for 5 months now and love it! It covers really well, and definitely reduce my acne! It dries them up, but leaves no flakiness on my face. This winter it has been almost - 20 *C (-4 *F), and the makeup looks perfect all day. Not Hollywood perfect (that I don't like at all), but natural perfect. Like my skin, only better, and NO ACNE! And the package is really convenient too, because its compact, hygienic and fits nicely in a makeup bag. Will buy again for sure!

UPDATE October -11: I do still like this, but I can't use this everyday anymore as my skin is now a little bit on the dry side. Because my skin now is acne-free I use Clinique moisture surge tinted moisturizer and this is much better for everyday use. I do use this if I want a full cover foundation at night.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynxo95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was going to buy this product but decided to get a sample first and test it out. I am so glad I did! It didn't look natural on me at all, very cakey. It didn't blend well and was quite patchy. I used it once on my face and completely broke out which is really weird because it's supposed to get rid of acne. I don't usually have much acne, a pimple here and there, but it made me break out in places on my face that I've never had pimples before! I really wanted it to be good, but it just wasn't. I definitely won't be buying it again. I think I'll try out superbalanced make up or something. It wasn't cheap either, $60NZ

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Guimaraes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was hopeful about this product. My skin is very oily. She gets super dry when I applied, but two hours later I'm shining too. I feel the skin always fresh, it seems that he can breathe. Actually the problem is that in me is not matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by EmmaEmma18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent product for those who suffer from acne and break-outs. I have tried almost EVERY foundation out there, and since I love spending on makeup, I never found it a problem buying all of the stuff I try at the various makeup counters. The problem is, it takes a whole week after you start using the product to have breakout and then to realize that you cannot return it and end up throwing away your 30 pounds foundation (I have a collection, notably Bobbi Brown's as it breaks out my skin the most, even its oil-free formula)

However, it's only when I started using the anti-blemish foundation for the last 3 months that I noticed I only had only 2 breakouts (touchwood!!!) I believe it's the ingredients of this foundation which does the job. It works on clarifying your skin and fights acne as well as covers the scars from previous breakouts. The coverage is superb, but as some people mentioned in some of the reviews, it can be too thick. So, make sure you do not over apply it or you can mix it with you moisturizer.

The only reason why I've given this 4 stars is that I cannot find my true color match! I have an olive skin and ended up buying both numbers 5 and 6. The problem is, 5 is too light and 6 is too ashy, even mixing the two together didn't work out. So, I ended up buying a tinted moisturizer and mixed it with number 5 to create a suitable shade for me.

Last word of advice for those with acne, this foundation should be part of a regiment to fight acne. So, make sure you remove all your makeup at night and use whatever moisturizer prescribed for you to heal your acne followed by this foundation. Whenever you're home, don't wait until you go to bed to remove your makeup, just remove it right away! This way, you prevent future breakouts and care for your skin at the same time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No