December 17, 2014 | 1474 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been a loyal customer to Urban Decay for about 5 years now, and thought that nothing could ever sway me from my UDPP. This has changed my mind. While I will always repurchase my favorite things, I work at a makeup store, and get loads of free products to try. This happened to be one of them. I usually use up all of my freebies since it saves me some money, but it's normal just to get rid of them. Rarely do I actually fall in love with something enough to buy it myself. This is one of those products that fell into that particular category. First off, I have extreme sensitivities to all sorts of ingredients and products. My eyes are not exception. Anything with fragrance, certain oils, synthetic dyes, etc, will cause me to either break out, or swell up. My eyes tend to swell up. So far I've only come across 3 eye primers that work well for me: UDPP, Nar's, and this. This is my favorite. It isn't as thin as the UDPP, but glides better and I find that I'm using my less. I also love the packaging in comparison to the Nars or UD since you squeeze out the amount you need instead of digging into a tube that pushes bacteria in deeper. This also means that every last drop is getting used, so it's a better value. In addition that value, the price per size is so cheap when you look at the amount. A 0.34 oz bottle of UDPP is $18 and a 0.26 oz bottle of Nar's base is $24. Lorac's tube is 0.47 (double the normal size), for $20. That's a huge savings! It's also great ingredients. Not only is it paraben, fragrance, dye, GMO, sulfate, and phthalates free (and therefore VERY safe for sensitive eyes), it's the only eye primer to have been proven safe for contact lense wearers. It's a great buy. Aside from the value, the ingredients, and the sanitation, the product really works! My eyeshadow lasts all day, reduces fall out upon application, makes my colors brighter, and also works great on the lips. It's a great product, and I couldn't be happier with it. A definite recommendation from me!

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Smurphanne17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have severe allergies, dry skin and oily lids. When it came to eye makeup, I often had to give the dramatic and rich formulations a pass. This product instantly changed all that and now I can wear all sorts of eye designs. Just a tiny dab keeps the oiliness in check, produces no irritation and holds the shadows, liners and even mascara, firmly in place. My HG primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by grmegan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing!! Just the application itself brightens the eyes! I wore this under my eyeshadow on New Year's Eve, and after a full night of dancing and sweating in Chicago, my eyeshadow was as beautiful as when I first applied it. The eyeshadow does not crease whatsoever, and this primer is true to its name. I highly recommend it and will be purchasing it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by tashraf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!!! DO NOT buy this. I got this in the getaway kit from sephora. I've only used this 2 times. The first time I used this, I woke up the next morning with millions of tiny bumps on my lid (I took off my makeup of course). I blamed that on my old mascara. But I've used that mascara and the same eye shadows (w/o this primer) without any reactions. Now I used this primer for the second time yesterday. This morning I woke up with bee stung eye lids. I look horrible =( *sniff* I gave it one lippie cause it keep my eye shadow from creasing for 10 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by emromano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got mine as a sample from sephora.

It was great! It keeps eyeshadow in place all day!

I love the packaging, UDPP leaves much to be desired as you cant use the entire contents of it without sawing it in half. This stuff is sanitary and easily sqeezable.

Big thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by laydiep

Great Product! I normally use UDPP but when I tried this I really could tell the difference when comes to making shadows easier to blend. A little goes a long way, it dries to such a smooth finish that my shadows are so much easier to work with! I love this stuff and find that I grab for it way more than my UDPP for that reason. Staying power is great, shadows don't crease, and I think this might be my HG eye primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Tetonia

This is a great eye shadow primer. I switched from UDPP to this because of the packaging, and I have been extremely happy with the performance of the LORAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received a sample of this from Sephora. I need a dot for each eye and it works great. Kept my drugstore eyeshadow on all day without creasing. I'm allergic to urban decay primer potion, but have had no side effects from this. I will be purchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by xSelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received the sample from my Sephora purchase, and I will say the sample is very generous! A little does go a long way with this primer! I'm only able to compare it to elf's $1 primer and Lauren Luke's primer from her My Vintage Glam palette and I will say that this is DEFINITELY superior to both by a mile! I recently purchased two different Too Faced palettes that both included a full size shadow insurance primer but have yet to try them out since I've been reaching over for this all the time, I'll edit once I get the chance to review both products. The first time I tried it it amazed me as to how vibrant my shadows looked, I'd been using my elf primer for over 4+ months and they NEVER made my shadows look that good, ever! The first time I used it I noticed it started to crease a little in my inner eye corner but it was nothing major plus it had already been 4-5hours and I was cleaning and moving around a lot, but recently I went around the city walking from 8am-7pm and my eyeshadow were creased, yes, but the colors were still vibrant on my lid area.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it, because 1. I got it for free, 2. It does not dry as fast as UDPP.
Hence more grabbing power. It makes all shadows POP! Totall love the fact that it brightens the eyelids right away

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No