August 28, 2014 | 1376 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received a sample of this from Sephora. I need a dot for each eye and it works great. Kept my drugstore eyeshadow on all day without creasing. I'm allergic to urban decay primer potion, but have had no side effects from this. I will be purchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by xSelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received the sample from my Sephora purchase, and I will say the sample is very generous! A little does go a long way with this primer! I'm only able to compare it to elf's $1 primer and Lauren Luke's primer from her My Vintage Glam palette and I will say that this is DEFINITELY superior to both by a mile! I recently purchased two different Too Faced palettes that both included a full size shadow insurance primer but have yet to try them out since I've been reaching over for this all the time, I'll edit once I get the chance to review both products. The first time I tried it it amazed me as to how vibrant my shadows looked, I'd been using my elf primer for over 4+ months and they NEVER made my shadows look that good, ever! The first time I used it I noticed it started to crease a little in my inner eye corner but it was nothing major plus it had already been 4-5hours and I was cleaning and moving around a lot, but recently I went around the city walking from 8am-7pm and my eyeshadow were creased, yes, but the colors were still vibrant on my lid area.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it, because 1. I got it for free, 2. It does not dry as fast as UDPP.
Hence more grabbing power. It makes all shadows POP! Totall love the fact that it brightens the eyelids right away

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have been using this for the last few months, and consider this to be HG material. Like this better than TFSI, UDPP dried out my lids, Lumene creased. This lasts all day, creates a smooth base that evens out any discolorations on my lid, and zero creasing, even after 16 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by garagesale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried Urban Decay, Too Faced, and Sephora brand eye primers. This is the onlyone that didn't crease on me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eye primer is AMAZING!! Bottom Line. I want to delete all the other positive reviews I've given to other eye primers. This holds everything in place, even crappy eyeliner! Without a doubt not ONE single crease the whole day. The consistency is creamy and always dries evenly with no blotching or unevenness whatsoever. This stuff is incredible. I sincerely hope LORAC never discontinues this or changes the formulation. Highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this in a kit from Sephora because I wanted to try out the primer based on the reviews from here, and the fact that I wasn't willing to dish out the money for UD's genie bottle primer potion.

One of the first primers I've ever bought, and used. Mine comes out a little pink, and feels extremely silky upon application. However it doesn't work for me. I have oily hooded eyelids, and I find that after 2 hours some of my eyeliner has transferred to near the socket area, and minimal creasing, after 3 hours my left eye (the oiler lid) has completely creased, and by 5 hours I don't even look like I'm wearing eyeshadow on either eye.
Also I found the packaging is alright. It is in a squeeze tube, but I found that after I squeeze some out and put the cap back on, there's always a little bit that squeezes out and dries up - which is such a waste! Even after I put the cap on, take it off, remove the product and use it on my eye, there is still a little bit that comes out and dries up.

After buying and try UDPP, I'll stick with that since it tends to keep my eyeshadows on ALL day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it! Better than TFSI or UDPP hands down. Also packaging is better than Smashbox PhotoFinish Lid Primer and better than NARS Smudgeproof b/c its a squeeze tube instead of a wand. TFSI separates and UDPP is far too drying for my lids. TFSI is also a tad too drying for my lids and leads to irritation. LORAC is the only one that does not and comes in practical packaging. More expensive, but also more product. Highly recommend.

P.S. Don't bother with Smashbox - it doesn't work unless you use a lot.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by rachel85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

works very very well... and it a lil expensive but hey u get alot of product and you dont have to use a whole lot either so i guess its a win win situation for me . but sum advice when u put is on let it dry a few before putting eyeshadow on you have sum one blow on your face or fan ur self or stand by a fan lol but it works and i will re buy even if i dont need any lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Outstanding performance. I work all day and at times, I do physical labor at my job causing me to sweat a bit. But, regardless of what I'm doing, my eyeshadow and eyeliner stay nice and pretty all day. Also, it's been very humid here for this time of the month and hasn't caused issues w/ this primer working properly. The primer itself goes on smooth but I once applied too much and it caused some creasing. Once you figure out the right amount to use, it is truely perfect. My shadows went on nice and stayed put. As for the packaging, I love how sleek and stylish this is (unlike UD). I will no longer fuss about finding a good eye primer, this is it and I will be repurchasing again.