July 30, 2014 | 1194 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jolen Creme Bleach

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2005 2:56:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

This is a goof proof product. I use this for my dark brown brows and this products lightens them to a pretty shade of auburn in ten minutues. Just mix the amount you need with no waste. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't sting, burn or drip. For those who are scared, try the mild formula. Mild takes longer to develop so if the not light enough, you can retry in 24 hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2005 8:50:00 PM More reviews by rowenaaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been coloring my hair for ages (from dark brown to auburn) and never lightened my eyebrows. Now that I am 40, my eyebrows just look too harsh. I decided to try lightening them up a bit, took the plunge and bought Jolen at my local CVS. It was very reasonably priced - $4.99, and there is plenty of product. You mix the cream bleach with an excellerator (the version I bought contains Aloe Vera), and apply to the areas where you wish to lighten hair. In my case, that was just my brows. After about 2 minutes, it definitely starts to sting but not unbearably so. After five minutes, I wiped off the product and decided I could afford to go lighter. I applied and left on for another 3-4 minutes and the result was medium brown eyebrows that go very well with my hair color. I am very satisfied with the product, but be careful not to get it in your eyes. I was very diligent to make sure none slid down - and check to ensure you don't lighten them too much. Great product - would definitely buy again, but I have plenty of uses left in this package.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2005 10:45:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided after a long debate to lighten my black brows and decided to try Jolen. It comes with a cream and a powder accelerater that you mix together, making a nice creamy paste. Super easy to apply and control. My brows were lightened to a nice soft brown after 7 minutes with minimal irritation. Great for brow lightening, I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 1:28:00 PM More reviews by x0x0rebeccax0x0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I would definitely buy this again because it's definitely effective. I have blonde hair and my darker hair on my arms was really bothering me (you know, one of those things where nobody else notices but it drives you crazy?). So i picked up this bleach and used it on my arms. the result is a perfect baby blonde. my only gripe is that it ITCHED so much while it was on my skin. honestly, i've never felt that much itching in my life and it was torture because i couldnt touch it. after i got it off i scratched my skin practically raw because it was so itchy! i never want to feel that feeling again, BUT its a small price to pay for beautiful baby blonde arm hair, right?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2005 12:04:00 PM More reviews by jezebelthorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion this stuff is effective and affordable, this was the very first bleaching creme I ever used and since then I have tried a couple including Innectos which is actually cheaper but I really do think that this one is the best. The bluey green little packaging is cute too along with the little spatula and tray, well for a hair removal product anyway!
I do suffer from mild redness after bleaching but that soon fades as does the very mild tingling I feel as the product starts working (only last about two minutes absolute tops).
I also love the fact that this now comes in aloe vera, perfect for my sometimes sensitive skin as I exfoliate using microdermabrasion scrubs and use quite a lot of treatment creams with active ingredients such as retinol in.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2005 3:23:00 PM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the first facial bleach I've ever used. It is easy to use and doesn't smell too bad. It stung quite a bit (perhaps because I use a lot of AHA and BHAs). I could only stand to leave it on for 5 minutes, but the results were perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2005 6:04:00 AM More reviews by kittyfairie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have jet black eyebrows, most of the time I put up with them since they suit me in a way, but occasionally I will step out with...dark brown (amazing! such a difference) eyebrows thanks to the jolen creme bleach. Most people think it smell horrible yet I quite like it, it is better than them overloading the stuff with perfume like they could do. Anyway, the longer you leave it on the lighter your brows will be, so about 4-5 minutes is good for me because I just like a shade lighter, but if you want to go from black to light blonde brows you will need to keep it on for quite a bit longer. Personally though, I think it is VERY obvious when people bleach their brows too much and it does NOT look natural, also while the natural colour is growing back you WILL look like a calico cat if you bleach too light. Maybe if you are patient and gradually go a bit lighter to see if it works on you, blonde eyebrows work on some people, but if you have naturally dark eyebrows I doubt if you are one of those people. Don't abuse the jolen! I dont know what this product would be like if you have facial hair, but be VERY careful, I saw a woman who bleached her facial hair too light and it looked awful, after a certain stage, if you goo light, it goes from doing the job you wanted it to to sticking out very obviously especially in artificial lighting. It was wrong, Anyway, alot of that didnt actually have to do with the product. But the product is good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2005 11:06:00 PM More reviews by meriellyn

This is the first facial hair bleach I ever used. Works well, not very irritating. I do like the Sally Hansen raspberry one a bit better because of the smell but this is easier to find and usually cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2005 7:38:00 PM More reviews by faeriegirl

I used Sally Hansen's Creme Bleach before this, and I prefer this better than SH's not because of the quality but because of the bleach's texture (I cant get over the frosting-like texture!) and the price. I got Jolen for $5 and SH for $6. This burnt but SH stung so basically they're equal.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 2:45:00 PM More reviews by angieee

Yay for Jolen. I read about bleaching your eyebrows in one of Kevyn Aucoin's books, but never had the guts to do it myself. This morning, I mixed 1 part Jolen bleach to 1 part Jolen activator (comes with bleach) and I now have eyebrows the color of my medium-brown dyed hair. I only left it on 5 minutes, then rubbed a spot off with a Q-Tip to checked to see how much it lightened. I figured I could go another 5, so I reapplied.