Jolen Creme Bleach

4.2

on 3/21/2006 11:48:00 AM

a good buy. i tried this after sally hansen's bleach, which didn't work at all. this stuff is pretty good. it lightened all a few bits of coarse hair, which, sadly, is what i wanted to bleach to begin with. honestly, if the hair you are dealing with is reallly dense, it's going to need to be waxed. just so you know.

i blonded the hair on my arms, which makes me inordinately happy and no one else notices. i also lightened my eyebrows, which made a HUGE difference in my face. they went from mid brown to light golden blonde.

$5 at walgreens for about 10 applications worth. i really like it and predict i will be using it during bikini season.

on 2/19/2006 9:34:00 AM

Great product. Nearly impossible to mess up. Lightens brows very, very well and I think most people look better with their brows lightened a shade even if they don't color the hair on their head. It is suprisingly gentle and I have never had a problem with skin irritation. Well-priced and a very small amount is all that is necessary to do brows. One package could easily yield a dozen applications and you get to mix it as you go so the product keep for a long time (just keep it out of the humid bathroom). Awesome product and very, very economical.

on 1/3/2006 3:00:00 PM

I recently lightened my naturally black asian hair to a dark brown, and felt my eyebrows still being naturally black were a bit harsh for my overall look, so I decided I wanted to lighten them. After reading the raves about this product, I went to my local CVS and picked this up. I was a bit terrified at first considering I didn't know if I would like the end result, but this product made it so easy and fool proof.

I mixed the cream and the developer on the tray as directed, applied on my brows, left it on for about 5 minutes, wiped it off with the spatula and VOILA! beautifully lighter brows. I figured I could go a wee bit lighter, so I applied it on again and left it on for about 3 minutes, and it was exactly what I had wanted. A subtle fitting change.

The product does indeed sting a little bit when it is on, but it's completely tolerable. I didn't notice anysmell whatsoever, I smelled the cream and it was odorless to me. There was no drip sign of drips or anything so theres not much to worry. It was amazingly easy and effortless. I think the whole tray, spatula idea is really simple and effective with no mess. I used only about 1% of the product, so there are TONS of uses left, so I don't think I'll repurchase since theres just SO much product. But if and when I'd like to lighten my brows again and happen to be out, I would definately repurchase.

on 12/20/2005 9:02:00 PM

My staple bleaching product for 20 years! Can't go wrong with this.

on 8/25/2005 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a goof proof product. I use this for my dark brown brows and this products lightens them to a pretty shade of auburn in ten minutues. Just mix the amount you need with no waste. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't sting, burn or drip. For those who are scared, try the mild formula. Mild takes longer to develop so if the not light enough, you can retry in 24 hours.

on 7/23/2005 8:50:00 PM

I've been coloring my hair for ages (from dark brown to auburn) and never lightened my eyebrows. Now that I am 40, my eyebrows just look too harsh. I decided to try lightening them up a bit, took the plunge and bought Jolen at my local CVS. It was very reasonably priced - $4.99, and there is plenty of product. You mix the cream bleach with an excellerator (the version I bought contains Aloe Vera), and apply to the areas where you wish to lighten hair. In my case, that was just my brows. After about 2 minutes, it definitely starts to sting but not unbearably so. After five minutes, I wiped off the product and decided I could afford to go lighter. I applied and left on for another 3-4 minutes and the result was medium brown eyebrows that go very well with my hair color. I am very satisfied with the product, but be careful not to get it in your eyes. I was very diligent to make sure none slid down - and check to ensure you don't lighten them too much. Great product - would definitely buy again, but I have plenty of uses left in this package.

on 4/24/2005 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I decided after a long debate to lighten my black brows and decided to try Jolen. It comes with a cream and a powder accelerater that you mix together, making a nice creamy paste. Super easy to apply and control. My brows were lightened to a nice soft brown after 7 minutes with minimal irritation. Great for brow lightening, I'd definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I would definitely buy this again because it's definitely effective. I have blonde hair and my darker hair on my arms was really bothering me (you know, one of those things where nobody else notices but it drives you crazy?). So i picked up this bleach and used it on my arms. the result is a perfect baby blonde. my only gripe is that it ITCHED so much while it was on my skin. honestly, i've never felt that much itching in my life and it was torture because i couldnt touch it. after i got it off i scratched my skin practically raw because it was so itchy! i never want to feel that feeling again, BUT its a small price to pay for beautiful baby blonde arm hair, right?

on 4/9/2005 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

In my opinion this stuff is effective and affordable, this was the very first bleaching creme I ever used and since then I have tried a couple including Innectos which is actually cheaper but I really do think that this one is the best. The bluey green little packaging is cute too along with the little spatula and tray, well for a hair removal product anyway!
I do suffer from mild redness after bleaching but that soon fades as does the very mild tingling I feel as the product starts working (only last about two minutes absolute tops).
I also love the fact that this now comes in aloe vera, perfect for my sometimes sensitive skin as I exfoliate using microdermabrasion scrubs and use quite a lot of treatment creams with active ingredients such as retinol in.

on 2/27/2005 3:23:00 PM

This is the first facial bleach I've ever used. It is easy to use and doesn't smell too bad. It stung quite a bit (perhaps because I use a lot of AHA and BHAs). I could only stand to leave it on for 5 minutes, but the results were perfect.