November 26, 2014 | 953 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Feels GREAT putting it on but it just never "sinks" or "settles" even when I use it with a primer, it just never really sticks to my skin. it also doesnt last very long. it's a shame because it really is a great foundation. it feels awesome, it feels like putting the best moisturizer on my face, and the finish it beautiful. but the staying power is zero event with primer and setting powder. also I think the SA matched me up with a wrong shade. Also the amount of product you get for the price (this is the most expensive MAC foundation) is a little sad.
I'll give it a three despite "I'll never buy this again" only because it feels so sweet when I initially put it on.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by tayntroy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's pretty much a liquid foundation in a compact, texture is really smooth and creamy.
Great for people with normal to dry skin. Coverage is more sheer to medium, you can build for more cover if needed.
Purchased NC 42 it's almost an orange colour in the compact but when applied it matches your skin.
Does get slightly oily later on the day but a dust of powder would fix it up.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by angelyoung

The only reason I purchased this was because they discontinued the Moisture Blend. The woman at the store said this is there newest product and it's wonderful. It last all day blah blah blah. Well I tried it and now I have pimples all over my face. I haven't broken out like this since I was a teenager. I will never purchase this again. If anyone could recommend a better foundation I'm open to any suggestions. I miss the Moisture Blend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Dani

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this may be the best foundation I've tried in a long time, and I seriously love it. For reference, I have dry, sensitive skin that is not prone to breakouts. I generally use foundations or TM to even out my skintone, and cover up some redness in my cheeks.

Color: I found a perfect match in NC25. I think the foundation runs a little darker than the other MAC formulas, and it certainly looks darker in the pan. But I went with my normal shade, NC25, and it was perfect on me once it was blended. NC20 would have worked for me as well, but NC25 has a stronger yellow undertone.

Texture: It's a lightweight gel-creme texture, kind of reminds me of the VL Water Canvas, but a little bit thicker and creamier.

Coverage: Invisible, buildable, light to medium coverage. This is really impressive. Under natural light, with a 3x magnifying mirror, I cannot see it on my face.

Wear: It lasts all day on me without changing color or getting caky. I have dry skin, and a lot of foundations get drier as the day goes on. But this foundation gives me a dewy finish all day, and leaves my skin supple to the touch.

I tried several different ways to apply it. My preferred method is using a skunk brush to lightly stipple it on my face, then swirl to blend it. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by allinicoleee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so i got this because i have very dry skin and the makeup artist at MAC recommended this. the first time i used it i noticed that it didnt have amazing coverage and that it made my skin look very oily. so i put a little powder over it and went to classes. after just 2 hours i looked at my face and it was horrible! it made me ridiculously oily! and it comes off very easily if i touch my face by accident. so i tried a couple different ways of putting it on and after 3 days of use i noticed a new problem. i broke out all over my chin and around my nose! i NEVER get pimples. probably only one like every couple months. and now i have 5 pimples on my chin and 3 around my nose! i hate this foundation so much! if it works like this on my skin i can only imagine how horrible it would be for people with oilier skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by anguyent

I usually use a foundation stick underneath my eyes on and on my cheeks to coverup pigmentation and dark circles so I really can't compare this foundation to others. I use this all over my face with a MAC 130 brush. I stiple it onto my face and then use circular motions and then downward strokes to apply. I put a setting powder on top of it which I think is essential. I think this gives light to medium coverage. I haven't tried to layer it so I don't know how it looks if I put on more. So far I like the feel and the coverage is just enough for me. My friend complimented me on my skin so I guess it's doing something good! So far I am very happy with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Malvales

I like this foundation so much! It is easy to blend and you don't need a lot of product to create flawless look! I usually dip my 130 brush lightly and stipple then blend blend blend. My face looks airbrushed and after a while it becomes very natural looking.
Since the sponge is technically useless, I hope MAC wouldn't include it and just makes a little bit more product or smaller compact instead of this quite bulky one...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Thank God the sun was shining when I tried this on. In the dimly lite MAC store, which is where it looked great but outside I looked like a chalky make-up masks wearing mess. NO THANKS.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This isnt what a cream foundation should be IMO. When I look for a cream foundation I want good coverage, I want it to dry to a powdery finish or at least somewhat matte, and I want it not to be greasy!! This was sheer coverage and kinda greasy, you pretty much have to aviod moisturizer beforehand. Also I always have to try extra hard to open the compact. annoying. its ok, but nothing great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was drawn to this foundation primarily because it was advertised as "mineral makeup". I love the look of cremes and liquids, but powder foundations make me look extremely cakey, so I never repurchased any of the mineral powder foundations. I'm normally an NC40 in studiofix, and the NC40 in this foundation looks a tad bit darker in the pan. Once blended onto the face, the color melts, because it is a light to medium coverage. So if you need extra coverage, I suggest to purchase a concealer, as you may be disappointed by this foundation coverage-wise. It's very light, but be wary of adding layers, as it may look caked-on.

The way I apply it: Use a small spatula to remove some product (So as not to contaminate it with my brush or sponge), put onto back of hand, then use Sonia Kashuk's flat-top brush (way cheaper than the MAC 130) and blend it from middle of face outward.

The reason as to why I may not be repurchasing this is because I need more coverage. For the price, I thought I wouldn't need to purchase a concealer, but it was necessary for my acne scarring.