Clinique High Lengths Mascara

3.8

on 7/20/2010 7:56:00 PM

This mascara is quite nice. As others have noticed, this does not volumize, so if you want volume, you need to try it with a volumizing mascara. The comb on High Lengths is very good -- there are 2 rows of teeth, so you can really separate the lashes -- and it is curved to fit with the contour of the eye and "fan out" the lashes. Today, I used one coat of MAC Opulash (which is so-so in my opinion, and then layered on 2 coats of High Lengths. It made me look like I had lots of lashes, while still remaining natural looking. I will keep trying different combinatons, but overall, this is a good lengthening mascara, and for $14, I will probably repurchase.

on 7/16/2010 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this in a mini tube in a clinique free gift. I gave this 4 lippies because it does what it says it would. Anyone who just wants length, you should try this mascara. It's amazing at giving you length. But I want more than just length, so I won't be buying a full size tube.

on 7/15/2010 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a really good lengthening mascara, thats it, it gives NO volume at all. And sometimes it makes my lashes clump together, however to get that dramatic false lash look, i just apply my favorite volumizing mascara and that seperates my lashes even more and defines them. This mascara is a good base if you want to use another mascara along with this one.

on 7/13/2010 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like this mascara. I wanted something that lengthened my lashes, which this does. However, it does not add any volume. So to achieve both length and volume, I use two coats of this, with a lash comb after each application. Then I use a coat of L'Oreal Voluminous and comb that out. I've had three people recently ask me if I'm wearing false eyelashes.

on 6/28/2010 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this mascara after seeing it on the Clinique rep's lashes at Sephora. I thought she had false lashes, but she didnt. Then I asked if she just had great lashes to begin with and she said no, so I bit. I really like this mascara for lengthening and curling. Don't think it builds as much volume. Clinique rep said you need to be patient, dip in the tube at least 3 times. She applied it with her eyes closed...it really looked great on her. Looks good on me, I'm still working on my technique ; )

on 6/24/2010 9:08:00 PM

I really like the idea of this mascara, with the curved wand, and I like that it's green (for no other reason than that it looks pretty). I received it in a sampler pack, and it really disappointed me. It clumped and made my lashes look very fake and plastic-y, like black sticks. I realize that is what some people like, but personally I prefer mascaras that make your lashes look natural, if that makes sense. Great idea...not so great end result.

EDIT: Well, I decided to give this another shot because I've seen some pretty glowing reviews since I added this one. Here's my updated two cents: It did make my lashes look longer and darker without being too plastic-y (I believe I was applying too much before, or forgetting to comb out the clumps), but it did not hold a curl at all! Not even a bit. I am giving it one more lippie because it did succeed in one aspect (length) but failed miserably in another (curl & volume). Hopefully this helps someone deciding whether to buy this or not.

on 6/24/2010 1:51:00 PM

Oh my goodness! I finally found a mascara I like just as much, if not MORE, than Diorshow. I got a sample of this in a swap from a lovely MUAer, and honestly I was just interested to try it because of the brush...didn't really expect much. I have short straight lashes and Diorshow has been the only mascara that I've found does a great job volumizing (I like volume more than length) and keeps a curl. High lengths actually does a great job volumizing PLUS lengthening. And at $14???? Yes, the bristles on the brush are tiny, but if you apply in a slight sideways/diagonal direction, they will literally grab every lash - you can feel a slight tug. Totally love this and will be buying a full size.

on 6/21/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought a sample of this mascara in black. The wand is okay, but brush is hard to use & bristles too tiny. The formula clumps way too much & looks odd on my lashes. This might work for someone else, but not for me.

on 6/18/2010 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is just an OKAY mascara. It weighed by lashes down.

on 6/17/2010 9:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

After reading all of the reviews I was really excited to try this mascara, but unfortunately, it did not like it at all. It did add length, however, it made my lashes look very clumpy/ “spiderery”. Also, it made my lashes really hard if I put on more than one coat. I know I am in the minority for this one- I will not buy this mascara again.