MAC #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

4.4

on 5/2/2010 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of the best brushes I own.
It is perfect for application of cream foundations. Can be used for liquids as well but the finish you get with cream is unbeatable: no streaks! I mostly use it with Chanel cream Teint Innocence and La Mer treatment cream foundations and I have to say that the first one looks much better. I had such a hard time with this foundation prior to using 130. It always looked heavy and cakey.
Sometimes I use it to applay concealer and I'm very pleased with results as well.

on 4/30/2010 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an amazing brush for those of you who like cream or full coverage foundations.

It makes it possible to use a small amount of product and buff it in perfectly with no streaking or caking.

I have not tried other flat topped stippling brushes so I cannot compare but I am very happy with it

I like that it is small so it gets into corners, and it also lets you put more coverage on problem areas and less on others.

I wouldn't use a cream or heavy foundation with any other brush

it works ok for lighter foundations but for those I recommend a 187 or a more traditional brush.

on 4/30/2010 8:57:00 PM

Holy cow this brush is amazing. This is a top 20 lifetime beauty purchase, for sure. Inititally I was using it for days when I choose to apply foundation, but I found the end result to be a bit heavier than I preferred, so I ended up using it for bronzer--looked GREAT. Totally natural. THEN, I tried using it for undereye concealer....wonderful. Finally I used it for concealer for the red areas around my nose (I've been sick recently), where there is a ton of dry skin that I haven't been able to satisfactorily cover without calling more attention to it. PERFECT. I am considering buying a couple more of these so that I don't have to clean it multiple times a day to use it for different products.

on 4/29/2010 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Best brush I've gotten in a long time. I had always applied cream blush with fingers but I was intrigued by this so I decided to buy it, and it's AMAZING! I don't think my cream blush looked bad before, but this brush truly makes it seamless and totally natural-looking, plus it's soft and not scratchy like the 187. I've tested it out with lots of types of cream blush (Stila convertible colors, Nars, Jouer, MUFE High-Def, Becca cheek cremes) and it deposits the color perfectly with every kind. I've also tried it with foundation and wasn't as impressed - it worked as well as a regular foundation brush, so this is probably not worth buying just for foundation if you already have something for that. But for cream blush this is definitely a must-have!

on 4/27/2010 7:20:00 PM

So at first I was really skeptical because it was pretty pricey. But I figured it was a one time thing and went for it. I didn't like it at first with the mac makeup I bought and then, when I got a new liquid foundation from Sephora, they told me I shouldn't used a real hair brush for face makeup, which made me really mad. However, I use it regardless and I actually really love it. Gives a beautiful air brushed look that I can't get with any other brush and my foundation. You can even use it with powder, but I prefer it with liquid.

on 4/27/2010 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

LOVE this brush. Although im currently using the sephora #55 airbrush for my MUFE face and body, i have used this one a few times, and its amazing! i have decided i like it better for liquids than my 109 because it buffs so much better. the white bristles are a lot more dense than the 187 or 188 so it doesnt give super sheer coverage but it gives just the perfect medium amount :] definitely recommend!

on 4/25/2010 6:24:00 PM

I thought the 109 was fab for foundation until I tried the 130. It is a much denser version of the 187 and does not shed like the 109 does. I am trying to use up foundations at the moment and which ever I am using...whether it be high end or drugstore this brush applies the product flawlessly. My 109 is now soley used for contouring. It will take a lot for something else to beat this brush :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got this brush without ever trying it due to its rave reviews. I've always wanted a 187 (still do just cause :-P) but I have a small face and I figured the 130 would get to all the areas and nook and crannies well. Also, I like that it's denser than the 178. In addition to that, I also got the Mineralize SPF foundation that's supposed to be used with the 130 so it seemed like a good bet.

I havent used my mineralize creme foundation yet, but I heard that this brush is AMAZING with liquid foundation and I bought a BB liquid foundation as well. Today I finally tested the brush out, using only 2 pumps of the foundation. I lightly dipped the brush, stippled it all over my face and began moving the brush in circles....Oh My Goodness. My skin looked lovely and airbrushed! (And the color was lovely thanks to my new BB fdtn). It was so easy to use, didnt use up a lot of foundation and I can say that in my case, it took mere minutes. I love this brush and cant wait to use it again. =]

on 4/13/2010 10:35:00 PM

I am a newbie to liquid foundation and at the mac at the bay in toronto an associate came to show me how to put on liquid foundation with the 187 and the 130. She told me that she personally liked the 130 better and I didn't really know the difference so she tried the 187 on one side and 130 on the other and the 130's side came out noticeably better! I was so impressed that I absolutely haaad to buy the brush with no hesitation! I see that some people say it takes too long to buff on liquid foundation but it takes me 5 mins -- perfect application and I'm new to all this! Amazing brush!! Definately a must have

on 4/11/2010 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Yes its a 40 dollar brush and yes it is amazing....I use it to apply foundation concealer and highlighter....its a wonderful investment and I will be purchasing a second one in case something happens to this one...I'm not sure if its part of the permanent line of brushes but its great....better than the bigger version of it

Popular Makeup Brushes