MAC #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had dreams about this brush before it came out. The day i walked into MAC to buy it i literally let out a gasp when i saw how tiny it was. Nevertheless i bought it. This brush is to be used for liquids and creams, but only if you have 15 mins to spare for foundation alone. I personally use this brush to work in my concealer. I swirl it in my studio finish spf 35 concealer and then buff it into any problem areas. It's not completely worth the money but if you're a brush junkie, as i am, then go for it!

i am very satisfied. Now applying make up is easy and the result is even, smooth and beautifull...
My huge problem with the sponge was the amount that i was having on my face.and sometimes the result was like wearing a mask. At first, i couldn't find the right motions to apply it,but after one week i get the result that i want!And it is fabulous!!
I use it with mac studio tech makeup.The only difference with the brush instead of the sponge was the coverage.I beleive with the sponge i had a better coverage but maybe because i wasn't applying the right amount.Besides, by using the concealer i don't need more coverage.

i am in love with thie brush. i have a huge brush collection and this is a brush that i definately cannot live without. its amazing!! its so soft and feels good on your skin. i mainly use it for foundation, but sometimes use it for blush/bronzer. i am so glad mac came out with this brush. it is seriously one of the best brushes out there.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of the best brushes I own.
It is perfect for application of cream foundations. Can be used for liquids as well but the finish you get with cream is unbeatable: no streaks! I mostly use it with Chanel cream Teint Innocence and La Mer treatment cream foundations and I have to say that the first one looks much better. I had such a hard time with this foundation prior to using 130. It always looked heavy and cakey.
Sometimes I use it to applay concealer and I'm very pleased with results as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an amazing brush for those of you who like cream or full coverage foundations.

It makes it possible to use a small amount of product and buff it in perfectly with no streaking or caking.

I have not tried other flat topped stippling brushes so I cannot compare but I am very happy with it

I like that it is small so it gets into corners, and it also lets you put more coverage on problem areas and less on others.

I wouldn't use a cream or heavy foundation with any other brush

it works ok for lighter foundations but for those I recommend a 187 or a more traditional brush.

Holy cow this brush is amazing. This is a top 20 lifetime beauty purchase, for sure. Inititally I was using it for days when I choose to apply foundation, but I found the end result to be a bit heavier than I preferred, so I ended up using it for bronzer--looked GREAT. Totally natural. THEN, I tried using it for undereye concealer....wonderful. Finally I used it for concealer for the red areas around my nose (I've been sick recently), where there is a ton of dry skin that I haven't been able to satisfactorily cover without calling more attention to it. PERFECT. I am considering buying a couple more of these so that I don't have to clean it multiple times a day to use it for different products.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Best brush I've gotten in a long time. I had always applied cream blush with fingers but I was intrigued by this so I decided to buy it, and it's AMAZING! I don't think my cream blush looked bad before, but this brush truly makes it seamless and totally natural-looking, plus it's soft and not scratchy like the 187. I've tested it out with lots of types of cream blush (Stila convertible colors, Nars, Jouer, MUFE High-Def, Becca cheek cremes) and it deposits the color perfectly with every kind. I've also tried it with foundation and wasn't as impressed - it worked as well as a regular foundation brush, so this is probably not worth buying just for foundation if you already have something for that. But for cream blush this is definitely a must-have!

So at first I was really skeptical because it was pretty pricey. But I figured it was a one time thing and went for it. I didn't like it at first with the mac makeup I bought and then, when I got a new liquid foundation from Sephora, they told me I shouldn't used a real hair brush for face makeup, which made me really mad. However, I use it regardless and I actually really love it. Gives a beautiful air brushed look that I can't get with any other brush and my foundation. You can even use it with powder, but I prefer it with liquid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

LOVE this brush. Although im currently using the sephora #55 airbrush for my MUFE face and body, i have used this one a few times, and its amazing! i have decided i like it better for liquids than my 109 because it buffs so much better. the white bristles are a lot more dense than the 187 or 188 so it doesnt give super sheer coverage but it gives just the perfect medium amount :] definitely recommend!

I thought the 109 was fab for foundation until I tried the 130. It is a much denser version of the 187 and does not shed like the 109 does. I am trying to use up foundations at the moment and which ever I am using...whether it be high end or drugstore this brush applies the product flawlessly. My 109 is now soley used for contouring. It will take a lot for something else to beat this brush :)

Popular Makeup Brushes