November 27, 2014 | 1489 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy cow this brush is amazing. This is a top 20 lifetime beauty purchase, for sure. Inititally I was using it for days when I choose to apply foundation, but I found the end result to be a bit heavier than I preferred, so I ended up using it for bronzer--looked GREAT. Totally natural. THEN, I tried using it for undereye concealer....wonderful. Finally I used it for concealer for the red areas around my nose (I've been sick recently), where there is a ton of dry skin that I haven't been able to satisfactorily cover without calling more attention to it. PERFECT. I am considering buying a couple more of these so that I don't have to clean it multiple times a day to use it for different products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best brush I've gotten in a long time. I had always applied cream blush with fingers but I was intrigued by this so I decided to buy it, and it's AMAZING! I don't think my cream blush looked bad before, but this brush truly makes it seamless and totally natural-looking, plus it's soft and not scratchy like the 187. I've tested it out with lots of types of cream blush (Stila convertible colors, Nars, Jouer, MUFE High-Def, Becca cheek cremes) and it deposits the color perfectly with every kind. I've also tried it with foundation and wasn't as impressed - it worked as well as a regular foundation brush, so this is probably not worth buying just for foundation if you already have something for that. But for cream blush this is definitely a must-have!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by BwayBaby2501

So at first I was really skeptical because it was pretty pricey. But I figured it was a one time thing and went for it. I didn't like it at first with the mac makeup I bought and then, when I got a new liquid foundation from Sephora, they told me I shouldn't used a real hair brush for face makeup, which made me really mad. However, I use it regardless and I actually really love it. Gives a beautiful air brushed look that I can't get with any other brush and my foundation. You can even use it with powder, but I prefer it with liquid.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Chuppup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this brush. Although im currently using the sephora #55 airbrush for my MUFE face and body, i have used this one a few times, and its amazing! i have decided i like it better for liquids than my 109 because it buffs so much better. the white bristles are a lot more dense than the 187 or 188 so it doesnt give super sheer coverage but it gives just the perfect medium amount :] definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Poppygirl26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought the 109 was fab for foundation until I tried the 130. It is a much denser version of the 187 and does not shed like the 109 does. I am trying to use up foundations at the moment and which ever I am using...whether it be high end or drugstore this brush applies the product flawlessly. My 109 is now soley used for contouring. It will take a lot for something else to beat this brush :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by OutspokenWallflower13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this brush without ever trying it due to its rave reviews. I've always wanted a 187 (still do just cause :-P) but I have a small face and I figured the 130 would get to all the areas and nook and crannies well. Also, I like that it's denser than the 178. In addition to that, I also got the Mineralize SPF foundation that's supposed to be used with the 130 so it seemed like a good bet.

I havent used my mineralize creme foundation yet, but I heard that this brush is AMAZING with liquid foundation and I bought a BB liquid foundation as well. Today I finally tested the brush out, using only 2 pumps of the foundation. I lightly dipped the brush, stippled it all over my face and began moving the brush in circles....Oh My Goodness. My skin looked lovely and airbrushed! (And the color was lovely thanks to my new BB fdtn). It was so easy to use, didnt use up a lot of foundation and I can say that in my case, it took mere minutes. I love this brush and cant wait to use it again. =]

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by czn

I am a newbie to liquid foundation and at the mac at the bay in toronto an associate came to show me how to put on liquid foundation with the 187 and the 130. She told me that she personally liked the 130 better and I didn't really know the difference so she tried the 187 on one side and 130 on the other and the 130's side came out noticeably better! I was so impressed that I absolutely haaad to buy the brush with no hesitation! I see that some people say it takes too long to buff on liquid foundation but it takes me 5 mins -- perfect application and I'm new to all this! Amazing brush!! Definately a must have

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by RIA310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes its a 40 dollar brush and yes it is amazing....I use it to apply foundation concealer and highlighter....its a wonderful investment and I will be purchasing a second one in case something happens to this one...I'm not sure if its part of the permanent line of brushes but its great....better than the bigger version of it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Misspeachycheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore this brush! Before I got this I didn't care much for creme blushes and highlighters, but now it's a whole different story. This brush is perfect for applying creme products since it is great at both stippling AND buffing! I have already bought myself a backup, because I don't ever want to be without it:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been on the hunt for a stippling blending brush with a small head and I'm happy to announce that the search is over! I've compared it with MAC 187,188 and Philosophy's Supernatural brush and this beats them all. 187 and 188's longer bristles makes them difficult to control when blending. Philosophy's Supernatural is too densely bristled making it hard to clean. 130 doesn't have those problems and is perfect! Only complaint is the ridiculous price!