December 20, 2014 | 1421 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nutty is one of my favorite eye shadows! It is a gorgeous taupey, silvery color that applies smooth on the lid! Color payoff is amazing! I have nothing bad to say about this except I wish it were in a bigger pan/pot! =]

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by sandi149

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this shade. It's very highly pigmented and looks great. The only thing I don't like is the packaging as it's difficult to open but other than that it's great!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by admilly101

LOVE this color! Its so beautiful, its sort of like a brown/taupe color. Its super pigmented and just a great everyday color :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

If my mother knew the things (in quantity and dollars) I've purchased based on MUA's rave reviews she would ask, "if everyone on MUA jumped off a bridge would you?!"

No ma, but this was only maybe I dunno, 2 bucks so I can be a lemming yet not feel bad about caving to such peer pressure. I have to confess I never got the MUA taupe eye shadow love. It was at a fever pitch a few yrs back and WnW probably saw that and jumped on the bandwagon. I never felt compelled to buy a cool, gray brown eye shadow for my very warm, medium brown eyes with gold flecks. I also though the e/s appeared too shimmery for someone with lots of lid (MUA loves lots of lid, but even subtle colors and textures can look over the top in daylight with lots-o-lid).

But again, it was very inexpensive, I needed a cheap thrill makeup wise, and Brulee is in fact lovely though no one should name their first born after it as I worry some reviewers might O-O

So I caved and got nutty. It is very pretty both in the pan and on the skin in that it is shimmery but more in a satiny way than any visible glitter/shimmer per se. The color is lovely and texture smooth, blendable, also wears well. It looks fine on me, but now I know why I never got the taupe love, it doesn't do much for my warm toned eyes. Its too cool and I feel a little vitamin deficient in it though not the fault of nutty, which is blameless here. I jumped off the bridge with MUA, I knew better since I really only find warm tones eye shadows flattering. However, this is nice in the crease, not so shimmery that for contouring it can't work. Also nice layered.
Look even if you hate it you can use it to barter for goods, I believe thats what the WnW eye shadow singles especially, love, is coming to. Good for WnW! Sure they discontinued my fave lipstick ever, 547A, and in the words of Nancy Kerrigan, "Why. why, why?!!!!!" but I still love them. No better value for the buck at the drugstore. I wish this looked good on me because it is beautiful.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ninjacupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Oh my god :)
My favourite eyeshadow EVER :)
It's a total MAC Satin Taupe dupe, which I love! :)
For some reason, eyemakeup never creases on me, but I have a fairly large crease, so I can't really say if or not it would crease on others...
But this is definitely worth buying! It was like... 2 dollars canadian including tax where I bought it, and right now I'm thinking about stocking up on it or something because I LOVE it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

My friend sent this to me since they don't sell WnW where I live. I'm glad she did because this is a great taupe colour. I like using this as a lid shade and occasionally in the crease. It is very pigmented like some of the other WnW shadows that I've tried. Rather than sweeping, I found it easier to use the "pat" method since it picks up the shadow better. One thing that I'm not so crazy about is that if I use too much, it looks a little too frosty on me (like a silver finish), but I just have to be careful with that. Overall, you can't go wrong with the price and would be a great colour on many skintones. Packaging won't be a problem for me since I plan to depot this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by XxOmgItsDaraxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Nutty is a shimmery medium taupe shade, it can either look more brown or more silver/gray depending on your own skintone.
Pros:
1. Very smooth, buttery texture.
2. Great pigmentation.
3. Very blendable and long lasting. I can compare it to my Urban Decay eyeshadows.

Cons:
1. The packaging isn't very sturdy so be careful if you drop it.
2. This goes along with the first con, the eyeshadow is so soft that it can crumble very easily. My crumbled a tiny bit on the corner from being in a small makeup bag with my other products.
I love that I can get a high quality eyeshadow for such a small price. I would buy again and recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Hearing the great reviews of this and loving one of the trios, I picked this up on sale for 94 cents. Cannot rate this too low for that reason. As someone said below, this shadow ended up silver on me, which is strange because it applied bronze. I was annoyed with the bronze color at first thinking it wasn't true to pan color, then I look in the mirror hours later and have flat out silver shadow on! I hate silver shadow lol.

Otherwise it's smooth, pigmented, shimmery, and long wearing. Just not the color I hoped it would be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Perfection in a pan. On days when I don't feel like doing anything, I sweep Nutty over my lid, and highlight my browbone with Sugar, apply mascara and I'm on my way.

So soft, it feels so high quality. It was the first of the singles I bought and it was AMAZING, in fact, it still is. It inspired me to buy 2 more singles, and they're just as pigmented.

A staple, always have this around. Look professional with no effort at all. Look fresh and lightly done up in the matter of a minute. Very basic, very classic shadow.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

Like I said in my review for the Brulee eyeshadow, the packaging SUCKS. Any little drop, and the eyeshadow will shatter into a million pieces. That being said, it is a nicely pigmented eyeshadow.

Unfortunately, this shadow is very silvery on me, and isn't very flattering. I'm about NC35, and I'm sure I can make this work if I pair it with the right colors, but at the end of the day, I don't wanna work that hard to make a 3 dollar eyeshadow look good.

I bought mine at Zellers for $2.99 (Canadian)