October 24, 2014 | 1374 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Went to pick this up--green tea sounded good--and saw that SLS is the second ingredient. SLS is a strong irritant (causes the sudsing effect) that is used to measure how much of an irritant other substances are. I wouldn't recommend for sensitive skin. (Note: your skin may take a while to show irritation, so if you've been using this for awhile, and your face suddenly flares, you may want to consider whether this is the culprit versus something new you're trying.)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by blaura737

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really hate to be one of the first bad reviews...I honestly really wanted to like this, but this was just way too drying and I didnt notice any improvements in my acne.
I was starting to break out and after reading the positive reviews here, I went out and bought it. I used it about every night, followed by my homemade toner, water and tea tree oil on a cotton ball, and my face was so noticeably PARCHED. My face was pretty much stripped of it's natural oils. Of course I applied moisturizer and tried repeating-most nights without the toner- for another few days (probably not the best idea). But it was just much too drying and my acne got much worse. I started breaking out like never before. I stopped using it and returned it. Now I'm back to using Neutregenas clear pore cream cleanser/mask which is WAY less drying and works slowly, but surely. I'm currently without a scrub so I'm going to try out the green tea scrub and see how that goes..I might try again without using the tea tree oil, but that's a might.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by tpzhearts

I had just finished my Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser and I wanted to try something new. This has officially replaced Neutrogena for me :) I will continue to buy this until I find something better! The Neutrogena worked well in removing mu but didn't do anything to improve my skin. I don't know if this product helps long-term since I have not been using it for that long (only a couple weeks).. but right after washing my face my redness is visibly diminished especially around my nose! It removes mu even better than the Neutrogena - it doesn't remove 100% but when I use toner there is less leftover mu on my cotton pad. It has a nice light green tea smell and it does not dry out my skin. (My skin is normal type). This is just me being nit-picky but the nozzle part of the dispenser could be a tad longer so when I pump out the cleanser it doesn't leak onto the pump. Also I only need 1 pump to clean my entire face. And for anyone having a hard time finding this: I bought mine at Walmart, I didn't see it any at Target or Walgreens. CVS has it too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by makeupbaybee

I just recently purchased this product and I like it a lot so far. The smell is great and it really makes my face feel clean. I normally use Cetaphil and I felt that it really wasen't cleaning my skin, so I decided I needed a change. Since I purchased it, it has made an improvement in my skin. I would definately buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by theHeartNeverLies

I've been using this (almost except when I use a scrub) for a months straight, and I can't believe that it's this good. Maybe it's just my skin improving itself, but usually, my face is always covered with some acne or breakout. Ever since I've started using this cleanser, I've noticed that when I looked at the mirror, I find no visible red spots on my face. I didn't believe that it was the work of this cleanser at first, but after using it for this long, I find myself really loving this product. It has a nice scent, and I was amazed how it even washed off most of my waterproof mascara when I was too lazy to remove it with makeup-remover before hand.
I really think I've found my HG cleanser, at least for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by kitkat02

First of all, I'm a little jealous of those who got his product on sale at CVS, 3 for $10...oh well. I picked this up at Harmon $5.99 ea, along with the scrub. All I can say is....YAY!!! I was having a major stress outbreak and suddenly I had minor breakouts on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin also one cyst that's typically hormonal. I usually use Murad this time of year, but my face reacted terribly. I was broken out, red, tight and terribly dry. I would open my mouth to eat a sandwich and the skin would crack and flake around my mouth- I was miserable. Went to Clinique and their Redness Solutions cleanser actually BURNED when I applied it. The daily relief cream, not so much, so I kept it. Now I needed a cleanser....also an exfoliant that wouldn't have me crying afterwards. St. Ives to the rescue! Within one use my face felt better. By the next day I could see the tightness was significantly less and the flaking greatly reduced. The smell is just a tad strong, but the cleanser is great. The scrub gently exfoliates, no irritation. If you need a comperable lotion, try clinique redness solutions daily moistuizer. You can go to Sephora and get a free sample (no risk). I gave it 4 starts cause it's only been a few days that I've been using both products (knock, knock). Also, I loved that it did not have chamomile in the ingredient list. I know chamomile is supposed to be "calming" but my skin reacts with tiny bumps. Will repurchase so far....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ashk36

Great stuff. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but since I started using this about a month ago, my skin has stayed clear. I'm 26 and for the past 7 years at least I usually have at last one new pimple a week, which always takes a very long time to heal. Since using this, my skin has been doing extremely well. I also do a sugar scrub a couple times a week, so I don't know whether it's this product or the sugar, but my old pimple scars seem to be fading as well. The first week or so of using it, I didn't really like the smell, but now I love it. I haven't had any problems with the dispenser, and I'm more than halfway done with this bottle. I will be extremely pissed if this is discontinued any time soon, because I am having great results with this. I love it. Definitely will repurchase when I run out.

**UPDATE!**
It's been nearly a year since I wrote my first review on this, and I am still a loyal user of this product. I use it twice a day, and my skin has been consistently clear this whole time. I do occasionally get a blemish here and there, but I'll attribute those to hormones and those late nights when I'm too tired and lazy to bother washing my face. I cannot do without this stuff. I was so lucky to finally find something that is not only affordable, but it keeps me clear!

**UPDATE #2**

Stoked they finally changed the dispenser. Still using this stuff religiously. Still keeping me clear. I cannot do without it. I have a bottle at my house, and one at my boyfriend's. Hooray for clear skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by lhluckystar4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this, it made my face feel very fresh due to the natural green tea smell, but I I didn't see improvements in my acne. This reduce my redness pretty good though. I think it didn't make my very dry either. I didn't want to use it longer to see if there were any results because every time I used it, it left a shiny film on my forehead and it felt kinda tight afterwards. For some reason, I felt like it made my skin look a little green, I don't know if that's just me, but that's how I see it. This cleanser also contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate and I try to avoid this ingredient because I heard it can be harmful, this is also the reason why it foams up well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by gottabuyit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for a long time to find something to replace the St. Ive's clear pore cleanser that they no longer make. I thought I would give this a try because the it sounded interesting. I am happy to report that I find this to be as good - if not better - than the clear pore cleanser. It has a very pleasant green tea smell. It foams well with just a small amount of product ( I find two pumps to be too much!) and removes all of my non-waterproof makeup. It does seem to to dry the skin just a tiny little bit but doesn't really give me that super tight feeling that some cleansers do. I always use a moisturizer after washing my face so this is not an issue for me. I have noticed my skin does appear to be clearer - although my skin has never really been bad - and my over all complexion has improved slightly. I don't know how this would do on acne prone skin but as a general cleanser I find it to be better than anything else I have tried in a long time and I will continue to repurchase and am considering the green tea scrub also.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by jacquepei

UPDATE: Just kidding, it dried out my skin which I didn't like. It didn't really prevent breakouts... I still regularly had breakouts. I'd recommend this to somebody with very oily skin.

i got this cleanser a week ago at a CVS sale...3 for 10 bucks. pretty darn good for me! i just ran out of my liquid neutrogena cleanser and was looking for another gel cleanser. i recently broke out and a blackhead appeared on my chin and two pimples appeared on my cheeks. i was so frustrated. i got this thinking, its only 10 bucks and if i dont like it i'll just give the other two that i didnt use to my sister (who was a skin care junkie). ok well i ended up hogging all three bottles. :)

it really helped my breakout go away and is not harsh on the skin. i have extremely dry skin on the sides of my face but really oily skin on my forehead and nose area. so i wanted to find something that can satisfy both. this did really well for my oily skin, and my dry skin was still a little dry but somehow better than before.

the thing i LOVE about this is that this product is not tested on animals, does not contain animal ingredients, no parabens, and contains 100% green tea extract and a little salycitic acid.

so overall i definitely will buy again in the future after i run out of my 3 bottles! highly reccomend this product! best cleanser in the drugstore so far. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No