December 21, 2014 | 1754 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by genahy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Update: This was ultimately too harsh for me, but everything aggrevates my rosacea. I still think this is a good product for most sensitive skins.

I just bought this tonight and will update as I go on. Why I purchased it: I have minor hormonal acne under my nose. The problem is that I also have major rosacea under my nose. EVERYTHING irritates that area, I don't know why. And by "irritate" I mean big rosacea bumps that look like cystic acne (though without pus) form. My HG until this point had been Stridex Benzoyl Perozide Power Pads which Stridex, in its infinite wisdom, decided to discontinue. That was a great product, and never irritated under my nose area, which is a miracle.

I went through a few products until I got this St. Ives one. The problem is that most acne treatments/cleansers are just too darn harsh for that delicate area to handle. But this cleanser seems very gentle, did not disturb my nose area as well, and is medicated to fight acne, which I need. I enjoy the smell very much. Smells like a fancy body wash and has the same consistency. It does leave the skin a little tight, but nothing a light moisturizer couldn't help. As for redness relief, I don't know about that. I also don't know if it will help my acne, but I will update. Right now, I'm just impressed with its gentleness and smell.

A minor thing: The pump took me a while to get working, and seems a little clumsy. But if it works to help my skin, I don't care.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by StardustSteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I found this cleanser! In the warmer months my skin becomes very oily. I also have sensitive skin, redness in my cheeks, and I'm prone to breakouts on my chin. I had tried other cleansers and I had issues with the scent of them. I found this smell of this cleanser to be great. It smells exactly like tea. It isn't too strong it's gentle and pleasant. I have been using this daily for 3 weeks now and I've noticed a great improvement in my skin. The redness has reduced and I haven't had a single blemish on my chin in a week and half. This leaves your skin feeling tight and refreshed. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry skin because this would be too drying for you, but for oily to combo I think this is great. I definitely recommend to give this a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Went to pick this up--green tea sounded good--and saw that SLS is the second ingredient. SLS is a strong irritant (causes the sudsing effect) that is used to measure how much of an irritant other substances are. I wouldn't recommend for sensitive skin. (Note: your skin may take a while to show irritation, so if you've been using this for awhile, and your face suddenly flares, you may want to consider whether this is the culprit versus something new you're trying.)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by blaura737

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really hate to be one of the first bad reviews...I honestly really wanted to like this, but this was just way too drying and I didnt notice any improvements in my acne.
I was starting to break out and after reading the positive reviews here, I went out and bought it. I used it about every night, followed by my homemade toner, water and tea tree oil on a cotton ball, and my face was so noticeably PARCHED. My face was pretty much stripped of it's natural oils. Of course I applied moisturizer and tried repeating-most nights without the toner- for another few days (probably not the best idea). But it was just much too drying and my acne got much worse. I started breaking out like never before. I stopped using it and returned it. Now I'm back to using Neutregenas clear pore cream cleanser/mask which is WAY less drying and works slowly, but surely. I'm currently without a scrub so I'm going to try out the green tea scrub and see how that goes..I might try again without using the tea tree oil, but that's a might.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by tpzhearts

I had just finished my Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser and I wanted to try something new. This has officially replaced Neutrogena for me :) I will continue to buy this until I find something better! The Neutrogena worked well in removing mu but didn't do anything to improve my skin. I don't know if this product helps long-term since I have not been using it for that long (only a couple weeks).. but right after washing my face my redness is visibly diminished especially around my nose! It removes mu even better than the Neutrogena - it doesn't remove 100% but when I use toner there is less leftover mu on my cotton pad. It has a nice light green tea smell and it does not dry out my skin. (My skin is normal type). This is just me being nit-picky but the nozzle part of the dispenser could be a tad longer so when I pump out the cleanser it doesn't leak onto the pump. Also I only need 1 pump to clean my entire face. And for anyone having a hard time finding this: I bought mine at Walmart, I didn't see it any at Target or Walgreens. CVS has it too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by makeupbaybee

I just recently purchased this product and I like it a lot so far. The smell is great and it really makes my face feel clean. I normally use Cetaphil and I felt that it really wasen't cleaning my skin, so I decided I needed a change. Since I purchased it, it has made an improvement in my skin. I would definately buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by theHeartNeverLies

I've been using this (almost except when I use a scrub) for a months straight, and I can't believe that it's this good. Maybe it's just my skin improving itself, but usually, my face is always covered with some acne or breakout. Ever since I've started using this cleanser, I've noticed that when I looked at the mirror, I find no visible red spots on my face. I didn't believe that it was the work of this cleanser at first, but after using it for this long, I find myself really loving this product. It has a nice scent, and I was amazed how it even washed off most of my waterproof mascara when I was too lazy to remove it with makeup-remover before hand.
I really think I've found my HG cleanser, at least for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by kitkat02

First of all, I'm a little jealous of those who got his product on sale at CVS, 3 for $10...oh well. I picked this up at Harmon $5.99 ea, along with the scrub. All I can say is....YAY!!! I was having a major stress outbreak and suddenly I had minor breakouts on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin also one cyst that's typically hormonal. I usually use Murad this time of year, but my face reacted terribly. I was broken out, red, tight and terribly dry. I would open my mouth to eat a sandwich and the skin would crack and flake around my mouth- I was miserable. Went to Clinique and their Redness Solutions cleanser actually BURNED when I applied it. The daily relief cream, not so much, so I kept it. Now I needed a cleanser....also an exfoliant that wouldn't have me crying afterwards. St. Ives to the rescue! Within one use my face felt better. By the next day I could see the tightness was significantly less and the flaking greatly reduced. The smell is just a tad strong, but the cleanser is great. The scrub gently exfoliates, no irritation. If you need a comperable lotion, try clinique redness solutions daily moistuizer. You can go to Sephora and get a free sample (no risk). I gave it 4 starts cause it's only been a few days that I've been using both products (knock, knock). Also, I loved that it did not have chamomile in the ingredient list. I know chamomile is supposed to be "calming" but my skin reacts with tiny bumps. Will repurchase so far....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ashk36

Great stuff. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but since I started using this about a month ago, my skin has stayed clear. I'm 26 and for the past 7 years at least I usually have at last one new pimple a week, which always takes a very long time to heal. Since using this, my skin has been doing extremely well. I also do a sugar scrub a couple times a week, so I don't know whether it's this product or the sugar, but my old pimple scars seem to be fading as well. The first week or so of using it, I didn't really like the smell, but now I love it. I haven't had any problems with the dispenser, and I'm more than halfway done with this bottle. I will be extremely pissed if this is discontinued any time soon, because I am having great results with this. I love it. Definitely will repurchase when I run out.

**UPDATE!**
It's been nearly a year since I wrote my first review on this, and I am still a loyal user of this product. I use it twice a day, and my skin has been consistently clear this whole time. I do occasionally get a blemish here and there, but I'll attribute those to hormones and those late nights when I'm too tired and lazy to bother washing my face. I cannot do without this stuff. I was so lucky to finally find something that is not only affordable, but it keeps me clear!

**UPDATE #2**

Stoked they finally changed the dispenser. Still using this stuff religiously. Still keeping me clear. I cannot do without it. I have a bottle at my house, and one at my boyfriend's. Hooray for clear skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by lhluckystar4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this, it made my face feel very fresh due to the natural green tea smell, but I I didn't see improvements in my acne. This reduce my redness pretty good though. I think it didn't make my very dry either. I didn't want to use it longer to see if there were any results because every time I used it, it left a shiny film on my forehead and it felt kinda tight afterwards. For some reason, I felt like it made my skin look a little green, I don't know if that's just me, but that's how I see it. This cleanser also contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate and I try to avoid this ingredient because I heard it can be harmful, this is also the reason why it foams up well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No