April 16, 2014 | 1724 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by tpzhearts

I had just finished my Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser and I wanted to try something new. This has officially replaced Neutrogena for me :) I will continue to buy this until I find something better! The Neutrogena worked well in removing mu but didn't do anything to improve my skin. I don't know if this product helps long-term since I have not been using it for that long (only a couple weeks).. but right after washing my face my redness is visibly diminished especially around my nose! It removes mu even better than the Neutrogena - it doesn't remove 100% but when I use toner there is less leftover mu on my cotton pad. It has a nice light green tea smell and it does not dry out my skin. (My skin is normal type). This is just me being nit-picky but the nozzle part of the dispenser could be a tad longer so when I pump out the cleanser it doesn't leak onto the pump. Also I only need 1 pump to clean my entire face. And for anyone having a hard time finding this: I bought mine at Walmart, I didn't see it any at Target or Walgreens. CVS has it too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by makeupbaybee

I just recently purchased this product and I like it a lot so far. The smell is great and it really makes my face feel clean. I normally use Cetaphil and I felt that it really wasen't cleaning my skin, so I decided I needed a change. Since I purchased it, it has made an improvement in my skin. I would definately buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by theHeartNeverLies

I've been using this (almost except when I use a scrub) for a months straight, and I can't believe that it's this good. Maybe it's just my skin improving itself, but usually, my face is always covered with some acne or breakout. Ever since I've started using this cleanser, I've noticed that when I looked at the mirror, I find no visible red spots on my face. I didn't believe that it was the work of this cleanser at first, but after using it for this long, I find myself really loving this product. It has a nice scent, and I was amazed how it even washed off most of my waterproof mascara when I was too lazy to remove it with makeup-remover before hand.
I really think I've found my HG cleanser, at least for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by kitkat02

First of all, I'm a little jealous of those who got his product on sale at CVS, 3 for $10...oh well. I picked this up at Harmon $5.99 ea, along with the scrub. All I can say is....YAY!!! I was having a major stress outbreak and suddenly I had minor breakouts on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin also one cyst that's typically hormonal. I usually use Murad this time of year, but my face reacted terribly. I was broken out, red, tight and terribly dry. I would open my mouth to eat a sandwich and the skin would crack and flake around my mouth- I was miserable. Went to Clinique and their Redness Solutions cleanser actually BURNED when I applied it. The daily relief cream, not so much, so I kept it. Now I needed a cleanser....also an exfoliant that wouldn't have me crying afterwards. St. Ives to the rescue! Within one use my face felt better. By the next day I could see the tightness was significantly less and the flaking greatly reduced. The smell is just a tad strong, but the cleanser is great. The scrub gently exfoliates, no irritation. If you need a comperable lotion, try clinique redness solutions daily moistuizer. You can go to Sephora and get a free sample (no risk). I gave it 4 starts cause it's only been a few days that I've been using both products (knock, knock). Also, I loved that it did not have chamomile in the ingredient list. I know chamomile is supposed to be "calming" but my skin reacts with tiny bumps. Will repurchase so far....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ashk36

Great stuff. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but since I started using this about a month ago, my skin has stayed clear. I'm 26 and for the past 7 years at least I usually have at last one new pimple a week, which always takes a very long time to heal. Since using this, my skin has been doing extremely well. I also do a sugar scrub a couple times a week, so I don't know whether it's this product or the sugar, but my old pimple scars seem to be fading as well. The first week or so of using it, I didn't really like the smell, but now I love it. I haven't had any problems with the dispenser, and I'm more than halfway done with this bottle. I will be extremely pissed if this is discontinued any time soon, because I am having great results with this. I love it. Definitely will repurchase when I run out.

**UPDATE!**
It's been nearly a year since I wrote my first review on this, and I am still a loyal user of this product. I use it twice a day, and my skin has been consistently clear this whole time. I do occasionally get a blemish here and there, but I'll attribute those to hormones and those late nights when I'm too tired and lazy to bother washing my face. I cannot do without this stuff. I was so lucky to finally find something that is not only affordable, but it keeps me clear!

**UPDATE #2**

Stoked they finally changed the dispenser. Still using this stuff religiously. Still keeping me clear. I cannot do without it. I have a bottle at my house, and one at my boyfriend's. Hooray for clear skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by lhluckystar4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this, it made my face feel very fresh due to the natural green tea smell, but I I didn't see improvements in my acne. This reduce my redness pretty good though. I think it didn't make my very dry either. I didn't want to use it longer to see if there were any results because every time I used it, it left a shiny film on my forehead and it felt kinda tight afterwards. For some reason, I felt like it made my skin look a little green, I don't know if that's just me, but that's how I see it. This cleanser also contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate and I try to avoid this ingredient because I heard it can be harmful, this is also the reason why it foams up well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by gottabuyit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for a long time to find something to replace the St. Ive's clear pore cleanser that they no longer make. I thought I would give this a try because the it sounded interesting. I am happy to report that I find this to be as good - if not better - than the clear pore cleanser. It has a very pleasant green tea smell. It foams well with just a small amount of product ( I find two pumps to be too much!) and removes all of my non-waterproof makeup. It does seem to to dry the skin just a tiny little bit but doesn't really give me that super tight feeling that some cleansers do. I always use a moisturizer after washing my face so this is not an issue for me. I have noticed my skin does appear to be clearer - although my skin has never really been bad - and my over all complexion has improved slightly. I don't know how this would do on acne prone skin but as a general cleanser I find it to be better than anything else I have tried in a long time and I will continue to repurchase and am considering the green tea scrub also.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by jacquepei

UPDATE: Just kidding, it dried out my skin which I didn't like. It didn't really prevent breakouts... I still regularly had breakouts. I'd recommend this to somebody with very oily skin.

i got this cleanser a week ago at a CVS sale...3 for 10 bucks. pretty darn good for me! i just ran out of my liquid neutrogena cleanser and was looking for another gel cleanser. i recently broke out and a blackhead appeared on my chin and two pimples appeared on my cheeks. i was so frustrated. i got this thinking, its only 10 bucks and if i dont like it i'll just give the other two that i didnt use to my sister (who was a skin care junkie). ok well i ended up hogging all three bottles. :)

it really helped my breakout go away and is not harsh on the skin. i have extremely dry skin on the sides of my face but really oily skin on my forehead and nose area. so i wanted to find something that can satisfy both. this did really well for my oily skin, and my dry skin was still a little dry but somehow better than before.

the thing i LOVE about this is that this product is not tested on animals, does not contain animal ingredients, no parabens, and contains 100% green tea extract and a little salycitic acid.

so overall i definitely will buy again in the future after i run out of my 3 bottles! highly reccomend this product! best cleanser in the drugstore so far. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by number1dee

I bought this product at CVS. After using a different product, my face had broken out bad, mostly on my forehead. I've never had a problem with acne besides the occasional pimple and some blackheads, but I DO have rosacea-like redness across my cheeks. No skin cleansers have been able to reduce or eliminate the redness, and a lot of skin cleansers have no effect on my skin or make it look better. After just TWO days of using this product, the pimples on my forehead are pretty much gone, and my redness seems reduced. I used this, along with the exfoliating scrub afterwards. The smell is pleasant, and the packaging is attractive. I bought this at CVS for a 3-for-10 deal, and I bought the 2 green tea products as part of the two. I think it's 6 bucks each at stores, which makes it pretty affordable for me. Overall, an excellent product, and I won't need/want to use any other product. I plan to use this until something better comes along (if it does).

Edit:
* I forgot to mention that after using this product, my face feels tight. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, or if people like or dislike it, but as for myself, it makes my skin feel cleaner. Also, after just one use, my skin felt extremely soft.

* I'd also like to add that I use this cleanser AND the exfoliating scrub whenever I wash my face, so my results could come from either the cleanser OR scrub. Either way, great products!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well frist off I love anything with any kind of green tea smell and hard to find that in skincare oddly. Anyways this definitely has to be about the only quality and effective drugstore cleanser I have come across honestly and I tried them all over the years hoping to find a subsitute for my pricey Dior cleansers. From Neutrogena to Clean N Clear to Cetaphil either they smell horrid, look cheap, don't clean well, completely strip adn dry out your skin over time, and ofcourse are always full of the cheapest chemical/alcohol/harsh sulfates ingredients with maybe one good ingredient like chomomile or aloe vera at the end of the list in which case they might as well jsut say full of sulfate only lol. I honestly hdan't been a fan of St. Ives over the years as I jsut remember having use dthe infamous Apricot Scrub when I was young and naive thinking scraping my skin raw would get rid of clogged pores and blemishes. ANd since then they really haven't had too many effective products that aren't rediculosuly harsh. I recently however started using the Microderm Scrub which has become HG status for me and also saw this cleanser. Love the green tea, very decent ingredient list as far as drgustore quality goes, and about the closes to natural you can get from St. Ives/ds brands. On top of that is actually deep cleans and doesn't irriate your skin like harsh blemish cleansers and for that reason it doesn't dry me out or leave me feeling raw either, and the 2% Salicylic is great for my clog prone skin to prevent blemishes. I would even recommend this for someone who needs to treat and not jsut prevent blemishes as a more gentle cleanser like this is what is effective isntead of harsh acne washes that such the ph right out of your skin and cause more problems. Also find it funny that this cleanser (promoted for acne) left me balanced while the Olive Cleanser in this new St. ives line left me more stripped. This green tea cleanser is a winner and really liek teh sleep mroe modern packaging. Look forward to trying the Green Tea Scrub too! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No