November 23, 2014 | 1715 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by rimmela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lucy oil control minerals actually stay on all day. Better yet, it matches, has great coverage, is water resistant, and looks like skin. It also washes off like a dream. This is very close to a miracle!

I'm an nc15-20 and I match to cream, but pale olive is good for my winter skin. The OCS and OCC formulas are pure awesomeness for very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by amardjo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this Lucy Minerals. It's my new favourite, even better than Silk Naturals. I decided to try Lucy Minerals becuase I don't like to mix my Silk Naturals Foundation.

I have been using Cream Bisque OCC foundation and OCC Finishing Powder for 1 week.I am NC30. My skin is combination and has eczema around my nose area. I don't know why and how, but it seems that Lucy Minerals helps to calm my eczema. Maybe, it's the antioxidant. No new acne, so it's good too. Oil controlling is not so much, but it's fine as long as it can help my eczema. If you are an eczema sufferer, you know how bad eczema can be. So, anything that can help is good.

I experienced the cakiness if I applied too much foundation. But when, I apply less, it's just perfect.

For Lucy Mineral creator, please don't discontinue or change the ingredients. It's just PERFECT.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by lolsann

Oh, I wanted to love this product! Nicely priced, great customer service, just a really cute, small, new brand (like EDM USED to be I`d say)
I ordered the small samples, and I found my match (medium light).
Application: This foundation is sooo easy to apply (with EDM long handled kabuki) as far as minerals go, you can basically just smear it on, blend slightly and run out the door - and it looks good! And you only need a very tiny amount!
Look: Silky semi-matte finish - like it! The coverage was good, but you do need some extra concealer on spots and such.
Lasting power: Good, but my t-zone was oily at night. Mineral hygienics has better staying power.
Now, the problems: My skin absolutely hated this, unfortunately. Every single evening after wearing this, I would have new zits on my face. My skin would be irritated, red, dry, just blah, horrible.
Conclusion: looks good, super-easy to apply and holds well throughout the day, BUT: it broke me out and messed up my skin heavily.
I do recommend people to try it, because it`s great if it doesn`t break you out.

Ingredients~zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, iron oxides, allantoin, Apple Polyģ polyphenols, trans-resveratrol, green coffee bean extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate.

I think the coffe bean extract, apple poly polyphenols, allantoin, or trans-resveratrol is to blame for my breakout :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by prairiechild

I've tried many mineral foundations and this is my absolute favorite. Nothing else even came close. Now I did have problems with it accentuating fine lines and looking mask-like. I am 37 and I think I am too old to apply mineral makeup dry. I mix it with Mychelle Dermaceuticals pumpkin renew cream in my palm and brush it on with the ecotools bronzer brush. It looks amazing. It reduces redness, definitely improves overall appearance and acts as a sunscreen. I don't use any other sunscreen. It wouldn't protect from hours of sunshine, but is great for incidental sun exposure. I am very pleased and won't even bother trying anything else. I use the original formula. I truly hope this company never goes out of business. Yes, the regular prices are a tad high, but she constantly runs fabulous specials, so it's not that expensive. If you have problems with this, mix it with a moisturizer and it will look fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by raucousrodent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have loved this for months and am finally writing a review :) I am 19, Asian, have dark but generally flat acne scars, breakout prone. I use the oil control (calcium carbonate).

First thing: I switched to mineral makeup because I've been breaking out much more than usual since I started university in the UK, and wanted something that had good coverage but wouldn't aggravate my skin. This doesn't at all, unlike liquid foundation (the one I was using didn't break me out per se, but it did make existing acne last longer and make it itch. I always assumed this was just part of wearing foundation.)

HOW I APPLY: After letting my moisturiser/sunscreen sink in, I stipple it on in layers, a few specks at a time, using the Ultimate foundation brush they sell on the website (highly recommended because it is so soft and dense). I can't seem to get wet application to work. Then I apply oil-control powder over it.
The need for such thin layers makes application a bit slower than other foundations but it also means I barely worry about blending.

COVERAGE: really good, great for covering redness. I would need concealer for my rather dark scars if I wanted them 100% covered but on a daily basis the coverage is significant and makes my skin look so much better.

FINISH: Really natural, no complaints. At first in humid weather it would cake on my nose once I sweat (which is within two minutes in Hong Kong summer) but then I just applied less and the finish is even and natural as it is on the rest of my face. You really do apply VERY little per layer, literally a few sprinkles, with the excess tapped off. I know everyone's skin is different but I really believe the complaints about application are due to people applying too much.

* If I don't have time to let my moisturiser sink in I blot before application.
* I am prone to dry patches but I moisturise really well before use, I'm sure that like any other foundation this would look awful on flaky skin... but my skin is often slightly crepey from dryness and this doesn't worsen that. I have yet to try this in a very dry UK winter (which I think is partly why my skin started becoming much more acne-prone in the first place) but we will see.

LASTING POWER: I live in HK where 90% humidity, and of course heat, is pretty ordinary. I wouldn't expect this to last through, say, a night of clubbing - and while I wouldn't say it transfers easily, if I rub it does come off - but even in heat and humidity it lasts well on a daily basis and doesn't fade patchily.

OIL CONTROL: I think it's more my powder than this foundation that controls oil, but then nothing but blotting really holds off the oil for me. No better or worse than any other foundation.

COLOUR MATCH: I find it difficult to get a foundation yellow enough for me. I use Creamy Olive which is perfect. Also they do custom mixes. The swatches linked to on the site are pretty accurate.

The customer service is great and Annie seems lovely. Free shipping (including international!!!!) and offers are frequent so highly recommend giving it a try. I know everyone's skin and preferences are different but I find it hard to imagine anyone (applying it correctly) not liking this unless they are chronically dry or need a quicker application.

I love this for its wonderful finish and, best of all, allowing me to cover my acne scars well without worrying that I am creating more. :)

UPDATE: I've used this for almost two years now - if they ever stop making this, I will cry. A couple of additional points:
- Flaky skin: Recently my entire face has been a flaky patch (so, flakes and acne scars!). Even BB cream highlights the flakes horribly. However, for me, Lucy Minerals doesn't at all.
- Concealing: For fuller coverage I've found it best to apply with a concealer brush on specific areas, rather than spending years layering tiny sprinkles of foundation all over the face.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2011 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Pernii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Like this very much, even thoug my favorite is Mineral Hygienics! The lucy-one is very soft and do not make my skin dry.
EDIT: Gives me whiteheads all over my chin. Can't use it anymore...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by ruby910

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Before LM I tried bare escentuals, which was okay but the closest shade was not quite a match and after a few hours I found it turned orange and patchy, even with moisturising.
Next I tried silk naturals which you mix the shade yourself so I did get an exact match but found it not to stick to face at all but fly off into the air and give no coverage. It too turned slightly orange after a while.

Then I came across lucy minerals. The samples are cheap so I ordered fair (the lightest cool tone) and snow white- although I didn't even need to use the snow white with the fair, and I have very pale skin! I found the fair slightly too white on my cheeks as my undertone is a mix of cool and a little bit of yellow, so I mixed samples of 1/2 fair, 1/4 light (the lightest warm undertone shade) and 1/4 snow making my perfect match, and they will mix upto 3 shades for you themselves at no extra cost!

It gives really good coverage for my red cheeks without looking cakey, you only need a bit so it lasts for ages but builds well, and you don't need another concealer- it does this job too!
It is reasonably priced ($14 for full size) with different ones for sensitive or oily skin (I use the original one).
It lasts a long time without sliding (I have normal skin though I don't know if this would be so with oily skin).
Definitely worth a try with such cheap samples.
They send a sample of eyeshadow or blush aswell which I love, and a handwritten thankyou note!

EDIT: I've just noticed one of the LM kits contains either a foundation and finishing powder or two foundations at $24, so if you use up your first foundation and are confident you are going to stick to it for a long time, get this kit with two and save $4!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by phoebe9797

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product from the amazing reviews it got alone. I could've been very disappointed but it lived up to all my expectations. I gave it a five star rating- as a mineral makeup- I would not give it such a high rating if it wasn't a mineral makeup. If your looking for a foundation and are worried about the chemical content, the clogging pores factors then this is for you. Although I did have to mix 2 shades for my perfect color, it is so incredibly easy to apply from the start. You need the smallest amount (this is crucial- don't treat this like any other mineral makeup, bare essentials etc.- it offers a much greater coverage and you will come out looking like a clown!) and just swirl over the face. You end up with flawless looking skin, quite matte but with a fresh clean glow to it. It lasts like this for the entire day and has fantastic staying power in varied weather conditions. This foundations comes as a relief to mineral makeup users like me who always thought that wearing mineral makeup needed to compromise my foundation coverage and the 'polished' look. Cheap too! The only criticism i have is that in Australia it takes about 2 months or longer to actually receive the foundation- shipping needn't take that long and would be great if they could sort that out, but it wont stop me from repurchasing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by bambilion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I started out with a few samples, and like many others who are pale with warm undertones i had to mix a few shades to get the perfect one. I have never used foundation before because my skin is prone to break outs and i just stuck with concealer and a light pressed powder, but i really did have issues trying to figure out how to use this foundation. However am a huge fan now. At first I applied too much then i had issues with it sliding off of my face (live in TN humidity is awful) but after purchasing the right brushes(ecotools) i really enjoy this foundation and the natural glow it gives. If you find yourself having issues make sure you always let your moisturizer/sunscreen dry all the way before applying that was one of my issues with it I have repurchased the full size and am contemplating some blushes now

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by vivTL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot express how thankful I am to have found this product! So soft, natural and the coverage is amazing!

Appearance: I have a lot of scars so I always stayed clear of mineral foundation because they simply do not offer enough coverage, or if they do, itís after a lot of layers and then it looks cakey. This is not the case for LM! Itís just amazing how it looks, and how much you can put. I used it at first only when I had outdoor events because it looks natural and really covers everything. But now it replaced my daily foundation, Chanel Teint Innocent. I recommend layering it on rather than use it as a spot concealer because thatís when it gets weird, like the colors donít blend well anymore.

Lasting power: It lasts all day if I donít wear moisturizer (since I stopped using moisturizer in combo with LM, all my whiteheads are gone!!) but I do need to touch up during the evening. If I do wear moisturizer, it starts to smudge up around the nose.

Service: Prices are amazing and the customer service is the best ever! Annie is SO accommodating!

I would like to say to all of you who have acne-prone skin that you should really try out samples of this product because it is the only foundation that has not caused any pimples, I even slept with it a few nights (terrible, I know, but hey things happen!). Itís very gentle and all natural.