MAC Pigment - Rose

4.3

on 11/14/2004 1:26:00 PM

After receiving a sample of this pigment, I had to purchase it when my boyfriend took me make up shopping. I don't know why everyone is complaining about the color, I think its wonderful! Rose pigment is a soft shimmery dusty pink color with golden flecks. I find it great when paired with a shimmery beige/off-white shadow such as Urban Decay's Midnight Cowgirl on the inner lid and Rose pigment spread from the center to the crease & above the crease line. Becareful though, this pigment is chunky and hard to apply with a brush. I suggest using a sponge tip applicator when using it as a regular eyeshadow, its what works best for me. As far as Rose pigment used as a lipgloss, I haven't tried that yet. Im not a fan of gold/metallic lipglosses though, so Im not too sure how that will turn out. The only reason why Im giving this a 3 is because when used as an eyeshadow, it is chunky, and its not as vibrant as I usually like my eyeshadows. But other that that, its great!

on 11/9/2004 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Pigments are great products. If you haven't tried one, you should look into it. Rose is a gold pink pigment. Once applied to the eyelids it comes out a pretty strong color. You have to find the right way to wear, which has been hard for me. I'm a LLL and I find it too strong as an e/s. But I mixed this with my clear lipglass and made a lovely l/g. It kinda looks like nymphette but with more gold to it. I also think this would make a great blush but I havent tried it yet.

on 10/25/2004 10:16:00 AM

I hate this pigment. The texture is far too chunky, and it's nearly impossible to use as an e/s without getting it all over the place. The only way I have been able to get it to stay on my eyes is to apply it with my finger. When attempting to apply with a brush, the pigment falls all over my face rather than staying on my eyes. It's a very pretty color, but not something I would purchase. I received a sample of this as an extra in a swap, but I will probably end up swapping it away. This stuff sucks.

on 10/2/2004 8:30:00 PM

I like this pigment but it is a bit chunky... I prefer to mix this with clear lipglass in a 5g. jar and then apply with a lip brush. I only apply this to my lids with a wet brush because otherwise it ends up all over my face. You get a ton of product for your $$.

Rose pigment is a deep reddish pink that flashes gold. Its very very pretty. I really like to use this mixed into Milani Whisper lipgloss. Its so pretty, I would never have thought it would make a nice lipgloss for me since I don't like bright colors let alone gold on my lips! I just dab a little of the pigment over the lipgloss and blend it together and there you have it: a beautiful wearable rose colored gloss with a gold sheen.

I don't really use this on my eyes that much since I don't like red tones on my eyes...

on 8/16/2004 4:59:00 PM

I love this pigment!! I like it best as a lipgloss though! The color looks awesome. It also looks good as an eyeshadow. I like it paired w/ pink bronze pigment and sushi flower. I have a pic in my profile. Shows it on my lips and eyes!! Would definitely repurchase. The only problem is that you have to be careful when applying it b/c it will fall around your eyes.

This is a pretty bright medium pink with chunky gold glitters.
I'm giving it 3 lipsticks cos' it's usable when mixed with some lip gloss. But I'm not fond of metallic lip colours so it's not really my thing. On my eyes, It looks simply awful but then again reddish colours don't work for me.

on 8/9/2004 5:54:00 PM

I received a sample of this today...and I am in love! It's a deep pink with gold glimmer. On my eyes, the pink is very vivid, as is the gold, and it does a great job of highlighting my brown eyes. I also mixed this with clear gloss and applied it to my lips, which was beautiful. I will definitely be getting a full-size container of this, because I don't think the sample will last long.

I found this to be finely milled and easily blendable, like most MAC pigments.

on 8/6/2004 2:30:00 PM

Oh this is just lovely! I'm so happy I finally bought this one. It's a super shimmery rosey pink shade w/ a slight gold cast. It is pretty chunky but that doesn't bother me in the least. One of the prettiest pigments I've seen!
UPDATE(3/29/07) I took off a couple lippies cuz I find this hard to use...too pink for my eyes. But it does make a beautiful lip color mixed w/ clear gloss...that's just a hassel.

on 7/23/2004 2:34:00 AM

the rose pigment is a stunner. i have always shunned mauve / rose shades coz they always seem too posh and elegant for me. however, i am a fan of this rose pigment! it's an interesting combination of rose-pink and gold flecks. however, the gold is subtle enough not to make u look like a gold-digger. when applied, u will see an iridescent gold sheen on the surface, with hints of the rose shimmering underneath. very neat. the texture of this is similar to steel blue's so that makes this very pigmented and dense. it looks beautiful on its own and i guess all the men will be swooning over your eyes if u line them with black e.l = ) this is a keeper.

Top Rated MAC Products