4.5

Turmeric Powder

on 7/31/2012 7:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I originally used turmeric to treat acne scarring, but have noticed acne clearing up, brighter skin and more even skin tone. I use it around my eyes to help with dark circles.
I mix turmeric with tomato juice to make a paste and apply to my skin with an old foundation brush. I leave it on for around 30 minutes. (Always wear gloves when doing this, and when rinsing off!) Use an old washcloth to scrub it off.
I also mix turmeric and cocnut oil and apply around my eyes and the skin is much brighter and lighter, and dark circles have reduced. I apply it with a cotton bud.
I don't waste money on products to treat scarring or uneven skin tone, this is the best product I've found.
I also take it internally and my skin glows and acne has cleared up nicely. I take 1 tsp a day, dissolved in red tea, or you could even make your own capsules. I would highly recommend anyone struggling with acne to consume turmeric, as it's a powerful anti-inflammatory.

on 7/19/2012 12:41:00 PM

I make a homemade mask and use it about once a week(should probably use it like 2-3 times). I eye ball all the measurements so sometimes i put to much in and get a tinge yellow after 20 minutes but i use a homemade lemon toner and it takes the discoloration right off(you see the yellow on the cotton ball). I make the mask with almond milk, oat flour, honey(love), turmeric and lately ive been adding cinnamon and nutmeg, it burns for the first five minutes but the results are worth it. The mask is all organic except when i add the cinnamon and nutmeg(haven't gotten around to buy organic ones yet). My face feels amazing after it. Apply the mask with a make up applicator or something it gets messy, leave it on for 20 minutes and then just rinse really well with warm water, the results are so good.My face feels awesome after, and looks great, and it evens out my tone as well. If anyone wants the exact recipe, inbox me, i think i have it somewhere.

on 7/17/2012 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am a Esthetician and have used Turmeric for the past 3-4 years as a brightening mask and spot treatment for acne: pustules. (1tsp Tur & 1 tbsp plain yogurt). It accelerates the healing of my skin and is anti- inflammatory. My skin is golden brown I can experience the "stain"effect if I mix in to much Turmeric, so fair skin folks start off with just a pinch. I also use it as a exfoliant and mix with my Dermalogica Daily microfoliant.

on 7/17/2012 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Indians have known about the medicinal and cosmetic properties of turmeric since thousands of years. Turmeric is found in every spice box in every indian house and is used extensively in indian cuisine.
*Because of its antiseptic properties, it works very well on cuts and wounds and is very effective in curbing blood flow from a wound (but it stains clothes very easily and those stains are nearly impossible to remove)
* Half a teaspoon of tumeric dissolved in warm milk is very effective in curing coughs and colds. It also helps insomniacs sleep. In fact, this milk is good in most illnesses.
* Turmeric mixed with honey is also wonderful in curing coughs and colds too. Taken 2-3 times a day, it helps sooth the throat as well as the easy expulsion of phlegm to speed up recovery.
* This is actually considered as a "heaty" spice so its best to reduce consumption of this in summer. In winter, it really helps in warming up the body especially when had with steaming milk and honey.
* There are loads of cosmetic uses of turmeric too...in India, there is a pre wedding ritual where the bride and the groom are scrubbed by their respective families with a paste of turmeric mixed with other stuff to give them an extra glow for the big day.
* A very common face mask used by millions of indian women is a simple one of turmeric mixed with chick pea flour. You can add yoghurt to this or honey depending on whether you have dry or oily skin.

I could go on and on but go ahead, get some turmeric and experiment. :)

on 7/11/2012 2:21:00 PM

I read somewhere that you could mix turmeric with your foundation to make it more yellow (if you have a yellowish skintone that is), and since I
use mineral powder foundation I tried it. Smells a bit weird, but works pretty good! :) And the fact that it's supposed to have beneficial skin properties doesn't make it any worse!

on 7/11/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Turmeric can be used internally and externally for health and beauty - as an herb or herbal supplement or applied topically to impart a vibrant golden color and antioxidants.

on 7/11/2012 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I had some kind of growth - in between skin and fingernail - growing in the middle of my forehead. It had no color, and was kind of pointy. I called it my unicorn horn.

I was nervous about trying wart medication so close to my eyes, so I tried a mix of turmeric and coconut oil, covered with a small bandage. I think it was about 3 weeks before the growth disappeared. It tried to return a year or so later, so I used the turmeric/coconut oil again and it didn't take as long to disappear, since I started it quickly.

on 6/22/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This is a great blemish reducer and skin enhancer. I mix it with an Indian face powder and water to make a mask. My dark spots and acne are almost completely gone now! Definitely worth it!

on 6/14/2012 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I use turmeric for my asthma.

I developed asthma two years ago and nothing was helping...the inhalers are only temporary relief and don't really cure the issue.

My mom heard the remedy on some TV show by a doctor. Basically, you take a few tablespoons of turmeric and put it in a pan. Heat the turmeric in the pan until it starts to burn and smoke. Inhale the smoke like you would an inhaler...through your mouth.

It helped so much that I haven't really touched my inhaler since then. In fact, I've never even used my emergency one. If you do this consistently a few times a day or as needed...eventually the dependency on the inhaler decreases to almost nothing.

on 6/14/2012 1:09:00 PM

I ingest Turmeric (1tsp. once per day) and it has helped tremendously with my rosacea. Redness is significantly diminished. I don't put it on my skin, just mix it with 8 oz. milk (it has to have a fat to catalyze with and ensure proper absorption). Turmeric has many health benefits, reducing inflammation is just one of them! If you haven't considered drinking / eating it, try it. My rosacea redness was visibly and noticeably reduced within three days.

Popular Face Skincare Products