October 25, 2014 | 1667 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by lily91491

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tumeric is amazing for sensitive irritated skin. mix tumeric with aloe vera gel and leave it on for as long as you wish. 20 minutes at least. gently massage it off and your skin will be glowing, smooth, and calm. its amazing. ive been using it for 2 years now

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by lewilyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

With honey, this is the best spot corrector for inflamed acne. Mix little honey and turmeric till it forms into a paste. Use as a spot corrector (I use cotton buds) after washing your face with mild soap and leave it for 1 hour. My acne dried after using this for 2 days (in the evening only). A little goes a long way, you may refrigerate unused portion.
For just 1 week, I have seen drastic improvements on my face; no new acne forming, existing acne all dried up and the black marks left by my old acne which were burned by spot correctors are also showing some improvements.
To avoid drying up my face, instead of using soap to remove the yellow stains, I massage my face with ground oatmeal paste (ground oatmeal mixed with a little warm water).
Edit: 3/31/2012
I have found another good use for this. I infuse olive oil and castor oil with turmeric by mixing 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp castor oil and 1 tsp of turmeric powder. This serves as my cleansing oil before using my facial wash.

Use small amount to massage unto face, tissue out and wash with lukewarm water and facial wash.

I no longer use toner and moisturizer cause I've been breaking out with any such commercial products.

I'm tempted to prick because several small pimples which used to be underneath my skin surface and blackheads are slowly coming out. Till now, no new big inflamed acne is forming.

My daily routine:

Evening:

Massage with turmeric infused cleansing oil, wash with gentle facial wash and lukewarm water to remove oil and lightly massage with ground oatmeal paste to soothe and moisturize. Alternately (after every two days) with:

Regular face wash, turmeric honey mask (sometimes with ground oatmeal paste) and oatmeal paste to remove yellow stains.

Morning:

Wash with regular facial wash and massage with oatmeal paste to soothe and moisture.

Two weeks on this routine has really improve my face's condition.My super oily face requires blotting 4 to 5 times in a 10-hour period while working (in a fully air conditioned room). But now, I just blot once during lunchtime.

Edit April 18, 2012.
I've stopped the turmeric-oil mixture. While it deeply cleans and minimize my pores, it caused some breakouts. I continue the turmeric, oatmeal, honey routine and for more than a month, not perfect skin but a lot BETTER.... from very oily to less oily skin, clogged to clean pores, less break out and new breakout are cured in less than a week with very minimal scarring. I still have to deal with old acne scars which shows minimal improvements but definitely healthier and smoother skin.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 More reviews by sofia2723

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Holy cow, this product STAINS like no other.
Not only does it make my skin look yellow after I take it off, it stains everything else. My rug, the sink, the floor etc.
I wasn't being messy either. The tumeric turns back into powder form after it's been on your face for a while, and it falls off the carpet and stains it.

I only used this mask once, and didn't bother to use it again, so I don't know about the skin miracle that everyone is raving about.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't understand the hype over this. I've only tried it twice, but that was enough for me. Both times, my light scars actually seemed to darken and my skin broke out everywhere and just looked red and irritated. It seems to have the exact opposite effect that everyone else is describing. Perhaps I'm allergic to it. Whatever the case, turmeric is definitely not for me!

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by fatimaaraja

I use turmeric powder, mix in egg white, honey and milk to make it pasty and apply it to my face as a mask. I leave it on for at least 20 minutes or until it's like completely dried on my face. I absolutely love it!!!!! It is really good for if you have uneven skin tone because you will deff notice a huge difference and it will be more even and it def gives a nice glow. I looooove it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by etherpowered

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Take two Turmeric caps and call me in the morning (to tell me how great your skin looks).
You don't have to use this on your face. Two caps a day will work just as well.
Indian people have trusted this forever to deal with skin issues. Freida Pinto, anyone?

17 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Um, wow. That's what I have to say about this stuff. Two nights ago after reading reviews, I mixed together 1/2 tsp of turmeric with 1 tbsp of yogurt (mine was nonfat, not sure if this matters). I left it on for half an hour, washed it off well. No yellow stain on my face. Thought I might have noticed a minor difference, but I couldn't really tell for sure. Yesterday I was bored, had the leftover mixture in the fridge, and did it again for a half hour. When I washed it off my skin was left with more of a yellow cast than the last time, so it was hard to assess if there was a difference. Later, I had a shower, normal routine, and when I got out, all the yellow stain was gone, and instantly I noticed a *huge* difference. My skin is not the best: the tone is off, acne hyperpigmentation, active acne, etc. It just doesn't look healthy. I'm pretty self conscious about it without at least a tinted moisturizer. I am quite pale, and I wouldn't say this mask was whitening in the sense that it made me paler, but it somehow pulled all the yucky purple and red tones out, and left me with the pretty kind of pale skin I yearn for: even, porcelain, healthy, lit from within. I am thrilled. I've never before used a single skincare product that made this dramatic an improvement in my appearance. After two uses, no less. I can't attest to a difference in acne, because I'm not breaking out right now, and I'll have to try it longer to see if it's preventative. I do feel like my skin is producing less oil than usual since I tried this, though. I'm going to use this at least once a week, and I'll update with my results. p.s. I stained a towel when I was drying my face, be warned. Use one you don't care about.

36 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE turmeric/honey facial masks! When I use this mask (once per week) my skin glows and the tone is very even! I mix about a teaspoon with enough honey to spread evenly over my entire face, leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes, and simply wash off with warm water.

As other reviewers have warned turmeric will indeed impart a permanent yellow stain to all fabrics, so please use with caution.
I just buy the basic spice in the spice aisle of the grocery store and it works fantastically! It's very cheap, keeps forever, and you use very little in your masks. No nasty chemicals, fragrances, or irritants.

This is my go-to facial mask that works better than anything manufactured and marketed.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this in a mask with besan flour and rose water and/or milk/yoghurt. I've found it to be very good at lightening scars and preventing future break outs.
I also take a quarter to a half teaspoon of turmeric, once a day, (in a mixture with other powders) with hot water to just heal my acne from the inside. It's has great healing properties. In the beginnig it was fairly horrible taking the powder, but slowly slowly i've got used to it and now know how to hold some warm water in the back of my mouth first, and just sort of tip the turmeric in quickly and swallow more water quickly to wash it down.
I know it sounds weird, but this has really helped my skin to heal quicker and scar less. Thought I'd just share it on here in case it can help anyone esle.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by TiaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sigh. Unfortunately this *does* work, haha. I say unfortunately because it is messy as hell and stains like crazy. It isn't very flattering...but I don't have a boyfriend and I'm working from home so I'm fine for now, haha. I always try to remember turmeric, oatmeal, lemon juice, and sugar scrubs. honestly these are the best things that have worked for my rather persistent acne. Cheap too, hooray. my sister still swears by proactiv somehow haha.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No