September 21, 2014 | 1264 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

Nothing against the color, it's just too showy for me. A neon pastel seafoam green. Perfect for a day at the beach in summer.

Great application. Opaque and non-streaky in 1-2 coats.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Moodesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think the colour is a must in my collection, although it is very hard to work with so I have to say no on if I would buy it again. I'm not using it alot and hopefully by the time it is empty I have found a dupe that is better to work with.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

An overall ugly color.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Aire87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Liked the colour on this immediately (I`m usually a fall-person with a big love for the vampy ones). It was my first Essie buy, and what a dissapointment.

The formula is very difficult to work with, itīs sheer, but still very thick. This makes application a pain, and after three coats of loooooongdrying polish, you end up with a result thatīs mweeh.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is so cute! I bought it because it's bright and interesting. However the polish is streaky as heck! When I applied it, I had to put on 3 coats to get an even color. Then that took forever to dry. The polish was also strangely thick.. my other Essie polishes aren't like this. Too bad because it looks so darn good :[

Little tidbit of advice, to even out a streaky coat, apply top coat right after. I use Essie 3 way glaze :]

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by chichilafraise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this. I had such high hopes and I really tried to make this work. But I can't get the application right. It is so incredibly streaky and thick and bubbly. A complete waste of time and money. So disappointed...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this nail polish a few years ago and I'm finally down to the last bit of it so I decided today I'd repurchase it. Well I'm glad I had enough in my old bottle to make a side by side comparison and I can tell you, the new mint candy apple is definitely nothing like its older counterpart. My first mint candy apple is exactly what you'd expect it to be, a perfect shade of mint. The new one isn't even remotely close to being mint, it's more of a milky pastel blue. I don't understand why companies change the color formula yet market it under the same name. I had the same experience with Nails inc. and their Porchester square nail polish.
Overall, application was opaque after 2 coats, it's a thicker formula which means after a few uses you'll notice the strings of polish when you take the brush out of the bottle but nothing like a little nail polish thinner can't fix. I think it's still a pretty cool toned blue and it looks amazing paired as a french style manicure with a deeper blue such as wet n wild's color in root of all evil. But for anyone else looking for a nice minty green polish, I'd suggest checking out Pure Ice in the color Home Run 277cp. It's a closer dupe to the original mint candy apple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this minty cool color. Not sure what is candy apple about it as the name suggests, but the color is very flattering, at least on my light NW20 skin. Polish only took 2 coats to create an opaque finish (I used it over a base coat). It also dried quickly without bubbles. Very trendy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Shaz809

The shade is gorgeous. I always get compliments when I wear, very unique colour. I need 3 coats to get a true bottle colour. I think however the packaging could improve, looks cheap, especially considering ultra cheap brands like Essence and Catrice have gorgeous packaging. The formula is ok.

I would re purchase this again if I cant find a dupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by brandispro81

love this color.. mine is really thick like the other reviewers mention.. looks great on olive skin tone. my only complaint with essie is their brush quality could use some work..