Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 5/1/2011 6:22:00 PM

This is a beautiful nail polish. The color is unique and very pretty. It applies very smoothly and is opaque in 2 coats. Wearing this polish i have been asked if I got my nails done because it is so smooth and shiny. The color is so pretty I have even gifted bottles to a few of my friends. You need it!

on 4/26/2011 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the worst polish I have used in terms of application. The color is a bit more blue than "minty". This is so goopy, thick and streaky. This specific polish kind of turned me off Essie :/. Sigh.

on 4/26/2011 8:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was really late to the party with this one. I wound up getting a few of the many dupes that are running around these days, and they are nice, but MCA really is worth the purchase. It's got this tiny bit of blue running through it that sets it appart from the other mint greens, but the blue isn't so intense that it sends MCA into turquoise territiory. It's unique, beautiful, and earns it's spot in my collection. :)

on 4/8/2011 2:17:00 PM

The boyfriend's sister in law gifted me this particular shade because she knew I was on the hunt for a Chanel Jade lookalike. It's very similar, lovely and great quality. You can't go wrong with Essie.

on 3/12/2011 12:39:00 PM

Love love LOOOOOVE this nail polish. I searched high and low for it last year when it came out (winter 2010), but I could only find the mini version in a gift package (which I knew wasn't going to be enough). I finally found the full version last winter and I couldn't have been happier!

I describe the colour as more of a robin's egg blue than seafoam or mint green, because it does look a bit more blue. That being said it still has a minty-green feel to it. I get fantastic coverage with two coats, and like any other Essie nail polish I've tried the lasting power even without a top coat is great.

This is a great colour for spring (mint greens, along with lilacs, oranges, and yellows are really hot for spring right now!) and it's a colour that I like to wear when transitioning from winter to spring as a nice pick-me-up :)

Will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 3/2/2011 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got this polish after I'd heard all the excitement over Chanel's Jade. I didn't want to pay that much for polish so I checked this out. I got it thinking it was pretty but figuring I wouldn't use it much. I use it all the time! It's pretty much Tiffany Blue (I compared it to a Tiffany box). It's perfect for spring and summer but it's also a great pick-me-up color for fall and winter! Love it!

on 3/2/2011 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was so excited to get this polish in the mail thinking it was going to look like a pale mint green on me, it honestly looks sooo much like ChinaGlaze's For Audrey that I'm kinda upset I got it. I wish I picked a different shade now, I guess thats what happens when u own tons of polish. It's probaly a touch lighter and a touch greener then For Audrey but is not a true mint green at all. It has the same super opaque finish and thick texture also. It's a pretty shade/great quality so I can't fault it, it just was not what I was expecting color wise.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this shade! It's fun and fresh, it remind's me of spring. I have tan skin and brown hair and I love this color on me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely LOVE mint nail polish and had high hopes for this, but it simply did not deliver. It looks like a true light mint green in the bottle, however, on nails it looks more blue than green; it's more of a turquoise or a seafoam than a mint. Also, the brush is very thin compared to an OPI brush and the formula is super streaky. I also had a lot of bubbles even during the first application. For $8, the quality should be a lot higher than it is.

on 2/13/2011 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Such a unique color. It's perfect on my skintone and great for compliments. I was dying to have this in my nail polish collection and finally got it. It's just a beautiful soft color that I love. Essie formulas are decent I'd say about two coat of this and it last a few day with touch ups.

Popular Polishes