November 28, 2014 | 1714 users online

Lip Treatments - Philosophy - Kiss Me lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2003 7:00:00 PM More reviews by tristitia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge lip balm addict, I've tried most of them out there, and this is the BEST! Thick and extremely moisturizing, lasts longer than any balm I've ever tried, and feels great on. I rely on this during the winters in Chicago, and it never lets me down.

Edited: I don't know why I was so fond of this a few years back... now I don't think it's anything special. It's liquidy and oily, and the lasting power isn't all that great. Maybe they reformulated?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2003 12:42:00 AM More reviews by crxgurl

I love pot glosses. When I saw the sturdy little Kiss Me pot I had to have it. Generous amount of product, no smell, slight taste, slight red tint. One gripe: GREASY. =/

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2003 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ChIp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i couldn't live without lipbalm for almost as long as i can remember and kiss me helps to soften my crazily dry lips. i usually apply it at night before i sleep and wake up with rely soft lips... the tub makes the application a little too messy for going out though. rather expensive but will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2003 10:50:00 AM More reviews by julielouis

Ugh...Is everyone smelling the same product that I am? Citrus no, band-aid yes. Goopy, greasy, smelly, yucky. If you want a truly great lip conditioner get MAC's. I don't know why I ever strayed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2003 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lip treatment! I have tried almost anything and everything for my constantly chapped lips. This is the only thing that makes my lips supple, smooth, glossy, and fab. I don't know what I would do without it. It is my HG for great lips!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2003 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Suzy_h

Wow this is huge compared to other lip balms so you do get a lot for your $10. Yep it has the consistency of vaseline. But its tinteddddddd so your lips look a pretty, shiny, sheer reddish pink. Nice fresh orange smell, no flavor. Maybe those who had a problem with the smell and taste got bad ones? I am used to more waxy lip balms which make it last longer, but this does seem to moisturize. I would buy this again for its nice shine and color rather than moisturizing properties.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2003 8:15:00 AM More reviews by racheluy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product because it is as emolient as it claims. I used to put lip balm several times a day so my lips won't dry out. After using this super emolient lip balm, I only have to do it once during the day. Just use it before you go to bed at night and before you leave the house for the day. The only drawback is that it doesn't taste good.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2003 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Perky

I got this in the tube form. I love the smell...a bit citrusy. Doesn't have any taste (which is ok, unless you like flavored lip products). Very moisturizing, especially during cold New England Winters. I prefer this over Avon and Chapstick...and I'll most definitely purchase it again, despite the $10 price tag.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2003 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Mandy1337

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I honestly thought this did smell like a bloody bandaid, just like reviewer seangel claimed. More like, if you put a drop of lemon on an old band-aid, you'd smell this exact scent!The horror comes from actually TASTING it. Of course, it being a lip balm, you'd naturally expect to have it leak into your mouth once in a while, and when it does....ACKK!!!! PSFFTTTT!!! ::spits out::With that said, the moisturizing quality is mediocre. For the first hour you put it on, it is EXTREMELY moisturizing. However, this lip balm, RAPIDLY evaporates in severe dry weather, and my lips were cracked! I was really surprised b/c I fell for it and paid $10, so to have my lips crack in dry weater?Luckily I kept the receipt and was able to return it.please be forewarned: before you buy, you HAVE to smell it!... not only that, IMAGINE the scent on your lips for hours, then make your decision. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2003 11:11:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is hands-down gross! Gloppy, greasy, closer to a liquid than a balm, gets all over the place and doesn't absorb into lips. Looks viscous and thick no matter how long it's been worn. The smell, texture and taste of the "clear" (really a putrid yellowish goo that smells like a cross between a lemon and nail polish remover). There's no way I wouldn't be able to smell this no matter how little I used. Save your money! Run, run, run to Burt's Bees instead.