October 21, 2014 | 2005 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on a product review I saw on Jezebel.com. I love this stuff.

Pros: It works well, absorbs quickly, and keeps my skin moisturized for much longer than most drugstore lotions. It's pretty cheap for the amount you get, especially since it feels comparable to fancier non-drugstore body butters. It also has a strange non-scent which dissipates quickly upon application, but which I happen to like.

Cons:I'm taking off a point because it has a bunch of preservatives, alcohol, and a very synthetic ingredients list in general (although it does randomly contain sweet almond oil among all those chemicals). Also, my generally clear skin tends to start breaking out a little after a few days of using this on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Lauren1248

I LOVE CETAPHIL!! My skin is dry, acne prone, blackheads galore!! BUT Cetaphil dosen't have a facial mosturiser or like one in a small bottle, so i purchased this, I couldnt use it on my face! too rich and thick. I applied it at night and woke up with oily skin with pimples :( but i love the Cetaphil gentle wash!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by ERROUSE

Great Product Too Pricy. I like the Cetaphil it works great on my skin especially with my eczema, but the price is too much compared to other great products. It is great for eczema though because it's not scented nor does it have any harsh dyes or chemicals. I totally recommend it if you don't mind spending a little extra.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by ilikeninjas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was born with eczema and it seemed to get worst over the years and I've literally found a solution. I really love this product because it isn't scented and it's totally effective. It is pricey though. I get a bottle of 16oz for $15+. I bought the store brand from Walgreens because it was $11 and I figured I could save some money, and the ingredients are the same. But once I used the store brand I felt a TOTAL DIFFERENCE. cetaphil is thicker, while the store brand isn't, it feels watered down. So please buy the actual brand, you will feel the difference!
If you have eczema or dry skin, use this. I promise you won't regret it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by xjustinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Since my combination skin tends to get very dry in the winter, I like a moisturizer that is creamier and absorbs really well. I have used Cetaphil cleansers and lotions for years; they're amazing products for all skin types. After hearing really great things about this cream, I went out and bought it at Rite Aid for about $15. It comes in a tub that many don't prefer since you have to dip your fingers in, but I use this product right after I get out of the shower and cleanse my face so the product has stayed clean. Personally, I love the thickness of the cream at night because it absorbs right into my skin and leaves me with a healthy glow, as well as baby-bottom smooth cheeks. If I want a lighter coverage, I pat my face dry lightly with a towel after cleansing so that it's a little damp before I apply the cream. This product, in conjunction with CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, has not made me break out once! Granted, I am not extremely acne-prone, but this has cured my dry skin completely. It's also guaranteed to last me a long time because I only need a small amount of product to moisturize my whole face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by graceeunhyeso

I freakin loveee this cream!
Even though I have oily skin, I still need to hydrate my skin. This hydrates my skin beautifulllyyyyyyy. I use this all over my face and neck at night and when I wake up, my face is baby soft.
Since im oily, thick creams doesnt work for me during the day under my makeup so I dont really use this in the morning. But I occasionally get dry patches during winter and thats when I use this cream during the day. And when I do, my makeup goes on soooo smoothly.
This is love.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by DiscoDutchess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin and this lotion is the only one that keeps it looking moisturized. It even gives it kind of a luminous glow too, which is an added bonus!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by vyvyanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in search for a night cream --- something gentle but very moisturizing especially because I get really dry during the wintertime . I heard a lot of great things about the Cetaphil one ... it doesn't irritate and is super gentle.

Good:
- It's cheap! I got the big tub and it'll last me forever (it wasn't too expensive either... compared to the Aveeno moisturizer which I use during the daytime).
- not scented --- I'm not sensitive to scents but I like the fact that it didn't have a strong fragrance
- very moisturizing (expanded below)
- gentle; sometimes daytime moisturizes (especially those with SPF) can sting my eyes at the end of the day [product traveling and me rubbing my eyes] but this did not sting, ever :)

Neutral:
- no SPF; I don't like the smell of SPF & didn't need it as I wanted to only use this during the evening.

Bad:
- clogged pores!!! (expanded below)
- packaging was meh --- a tub? could be unsanitary! I accidentally left my lid off for a couple of hours... >.< and you have to dip your fingers in to get the product

So at first I was skeptical about this but I bought into the hype and decided to try it out. I had previously been using the St. Ives moisturizer. They are similar (not comparable though) --- in a tub, no SPF, gentle etc. This product is quite thick and oily. I thought that was okay because during the winter I would get dry spots and this really helped to effectively moisturize my skin by morning. I also like that I can just randomly use this on my body too.

What I really DISLIKE about this (and my reason for not re-purchasing), similar to another reviewer, THIS CLOGS MY PORES. A HUGE no-no for me since I grew up with acne (still get the monthly breakouts too). It doesn't break me out... which means it's gentle? but it clogs like no tomorrow. I should have been suspicious because every morning my face is SUPER OILY (which I didn't mind because I was going to wash it off). At first I thought I was using too much but the cream just sits on your face and doesn't sink in.

It didn't immediately click that my clogged pores were due to this cream and no amount of exfoliating would alleviate the issue. I'm pretty bummed about this discovery :/

I'll probably continue to use it on my body, as well as the infrequent spot treatment for dry spots :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

Cetaphil, Cetaphil, Cetaphil - Every derm will recommend this product for any type of skin condition. I have combination skin with a few breakouts a month. I have tried almost every cetaphil product because of how highly it is recommended. My question is WHY THOUGH. This product does literally NOTHING for my skin. After using my skin feels greasy, like it doesn't soak in and sits on top. It will even break my face out. The facial cleanser is basically like rubbing water on my face, I do not feel clean at all after I am done using it. I will stop giving in and wanting to like this product and just accept that is it not for me.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG moisturizer. I use the SPF 15 in the day and the body cream (like the one in the pic) on my face and neck at night. It's amazing. While you can feel it on your face at night its not a bad thing because your skin is amazing the following day. My daughter has very dry skin, and this was actually for her, until I discovered it!! I bought more and now we both use it everyday!