September 18, 2014 | 1406 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed oil

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Dashulya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like grape seed oil very much. I use it to remove make-up from my eyes after shower. It removes make-up better than any other remover I tried, and I like that even if a little bit of it is left on my eye area afterwards, it's only good for the skin. I use it near eyes because I've read it's the best oil to use near that area. After removing make-up with it, I put on a night cream. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by jadestar12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

would i but this again well
yes and no

for the face NO it does clog my pores i bought mine from now solutions at my organic store.i used this when i ran out of my clinique acne solution moisturizer and was using it for about a week and im breaking out in pimples everywhere.

for the skin and hair YES this makes my dull hair shiny and soft and im glad i found something natural to put in my hair besides oil sheen which can be loaded with tons of ingredients.and it does make my skin super soft like a babys bottoms but only for a couple of minutes.

but this is a great hair and skin moisturizer but for the face no.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by anabolina

I buy this grapeseed oil from Tom Thumb for $8.00 for a 12 oz bottle. It really is so much lighter than olive oil. Like Kately, I tried the oil cleansing method with evoo and found it awesome at first, but that is eventually gave me breakouts. Also, I found that I really like the feel of skin after cleaning with a sudsy cleaner. So I add a capfull to my L'oreal skin genesis pore minimizxing cleanser. My skin is a lot less dry and I have no breakouts or dry patches.

My newest and more interesting use for it is as an additive to at home color. I used Ion 10A last night with 20 Peroxide and a couple of capfuls of this and my hair did not feel like straw and the color looks great. I looks like a few shades and more brassy version of the swatch at Sallys'. I've never tried to add oil to hair color, but someone over reviewing Argan Oil mentioned adding it to the color and I figured it you can add Argan oil, why not grapeseed?

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by jrwright

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this. multi-purpose. I use this to moisturize dry patches on my skin in winter. Doesn't break out my sensitive combination skin. Takes off eye makeup easily. Also can be used as a hair treatment..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Kately

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I might be a grapeseed convert. Years ago, I was trying to go an all-natural skin routine so I started using olive oil on my acne-prone skin. The thing is olive oil was way too rich for my skin and gave me cysts and breakouts. I stopped using it and my skin started getting better. Flashforward to today, still have the acne-prone skin, but I think it's more under control now. So I decided I wanted to try all-natural route again and was researching different skin oils on MUA boards and I kept seeing people mention grapeseed oil. Right now, I'm trying to get through about two and a half containers of moisturizer, so while I would like to switch over entirely to grapeseed oil, I'm still using the other stuff I have as not to waste it. I do like how my skin feel like with grapeseed oil. It feels kind of sticky but when I wake up, my skin feels pretty normal. I marked packaging down because it's not very skin-use friendly but then again, it's food grade grapeseed oil and not found in the cosmetic aisle. I worry about cleanliness and contaminating my bottle of grapeseed oil even though I wash my hands right before I apply this. I also sometimes take this internally, it tastes a lot like olive oil and it's a light green. It's too early to say if it's doing anything positive, but I hope so. I have two cysts on my cheek right now, I'm not sure if it's the grapeseed oil or not, but i really like this so far. I think as soon as I'm finished with my moisturizers, which might be a year from now HONESTLY, I hope to use this exclusively. Until then, I use this every so often, mostly as a nighttime moisturizer. I have high hopes for this oil and my skin.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

awesome body moisturizer, eyelash moisturizer and great to cook with :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by birdiecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Grapeseed oil is definitely a staple for me! I use it to cleanse my face and I use it as a moisturizer for my hands. I get really dry skin/eczema on my hands and this is the only thing that helps it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by runimina

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use Grapeseed oil on my face and neck for it's moisturizing benefits and potential anti aging effects. (although I have no wrinkles, I want to try and prevent!)
It's a little greasy for my skin, but I only use it at night mixed with jojoba oil so I don't care if my face is all shiny.

Takes about an hour to really soak in. I leave it on overnight and my face is sticky and I wouldn't use this in the day time.
But leave my skin SUPER soft in the morning when I wash it off. :)

I think it's a great natural product. The only thing I don't like is that it goes rancid so quickly! :( 6-9 is so short because this oil last forever! You only need about 3 drops for your face. This is the only thing that keeps me from buying it too often. I have a 4oz bottle from Hobe naturals that is not even half empty that I got for around $5. Not a terrible deal, but I hate wasting it. I could have put it in the fridge, but now it's too late. Oh well. I still recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rocknride

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love grape seed oil because it is lighter than evoo. I use it along with castor oil for my ocm. It makes a wonderful after shower or bath moisturizer while your skin is still damp. It seems to absorb much faster. I have not tried using it on my face as a moisturizer as I use jojoba oil and it works well for me. I keep a pump bottle by my sink with grape seed oil and a little essential oil to moisturize my hands during the day. One more little bonus is this versatile oil makes an inexpensive personal massage oil. I bought some cosmetic grade essential oil (brown sugar flavor ) and added a few drops as well as a tiny bit of stevia to the grape seed oil..fun stuff!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I have been using high quality food-grade GO on my face and body for about a year now and just love it. Jojoba broke me out and so did EVOO so I was skeptical about another oil. Thankfully this one's a keeper. I use it as cleanser (both with and without castor oil) and as a moisturizer or sealant for my face and body. Good stuff!!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No