Grapeseed Oil

4.3

grapeseed oil!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

OMG OMG im in loooove I'm 18 and have acne prone oily skin and looking to improve tone and hopefully lighten scarring I bought this. After experimenting with a few uses I really like to use it as an over night moisturizer. in the AM if I dont shower I tone, skip moisturizer, and apply my make up. my skin is GLOWY and doesnt get oily which happens regardless ofwhether or not I use a traditional moisturizer. If I do shower, i cleanse with EVOO and tone.
Oils are MAGIC <3

also....grapeseed is great for removing make up w/o making a mess...if I botch an eye look i can remove it without redoing all my makeup

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I won't repeat what many previous reviewers already mentioned. I just wanted to share something extra...

I've used grapeseed oil when I had insect bites (mostly ticks) when I was hiking. I tried many methods to relief itchiness including prescription lotion. Nothing really worked like grapeseed oil. Of course, I had to reapply as soon as I got out of shower.

Since then, I had 2 8oz bottles and I used only one in mixing with lotion. I forgot one new bottle and I recently started using for my winter skin. My hands were so dried... I tried many lotion including Vaseline at nigh with gloves but I got only temporary relief. I was wondering why not using leftover grapeseed oil on my fingers. Actually, it worked. It took about 3 min to sink into skin but after that, no greasy at all and long lasting.

I also use grapeseed oil instead of baby oil to remove MU. Price is about the same so why not choose natural oil with antioxidants :)

I love oil cleansing method. Love how it takes off all my eye makeup. Having said that, I didn't like shelling out $$$ for Shu Uemura Oil. I downgraded to MAC Cleanse Off Oil, liked it. Then I tried grapeseed oil. Affordable, woks amazingly well, doesn't break me out, doesn't leave a residue when I use another cleanser after that. This will always be my eye makeup remover.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I took a trip to GNC to pick up some Jojoba Oil to try and help with my constant breakouts and oily/dehydrated skin. I happened to see Grapeseed oil next to it, the NOW brand, and saw that it said 'can help reduce the effects of acne' or something to that effect, so I figured $9.99 for sixteen ounces was a good deal and I was at the end of my rope (My forehead looked like I had road rash) and shelled out the money. I am SO GLAD I did. About two weeks later my skin is the clearest and overall healthiest it's been since I was a kid. Words cannot express how much I love this stuff.

I use it as an after-cleaning/shower moisturizer at night, just a few drops works, and in the morning to get my Mario Badescu Drying Lotion off, I just wipe away the excess and my skin is moisturized, happy and pretty much oil-free the rest of the day. I really hope my skins stays pleased with this stuff, because I sure am.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

I've read so many reviews on here about grapeseed oil but, I was still in the process of finishing off my current moisturizer so, I never got the chance to try it. I'm in the process of making the transition to ALL natural products (meaning: no chemicals, parabens, sulphates, SLS, no fragrance etc etc). I also have slight eczema and over the past summer I realized how much my skin doesn't like fragrances. I realized that even the dermatologist tested products (Aveeno) still had enough chemicals to make me cringe. So, I finally finished off the bottle of Aveeno and bought a 750mL bottle of grapeseed oil for approx $8 (CAD) at Walmart. This stuff will last you a while! Since it does have a shelf life of about 6 months (maybe slightly longer if stored properly--cool/dark place), I suggest sharing it with someone or of course using it when cooking :D I love that it's a multi-purpose product. I use it as a: makeup remover, body moisturizer, facial moisturizer, cuticle oil and foot oil; and it works exceedingly well. I put it on after taking a shower and my skin GLOWS. It moisturizes really well and keeps your skin soft. Sometimes, I need a little extra help around the elbows so, I use my 100% Pure Shea Butter for that. It takes all of my mascara off, and it hasn't broken me out at all. It absorbs quickly and does't feel heavy on your face (you really only need about 3 drops for your face). My only regret is that I didn't try this sooner instead of bombarding myself with all of these harmful chemicals. Best of all, there's no smell to it so, my skin loves it!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

do your skin a favor and cut all that chemicals they've talked us into bying.
hydrate with plane water (or thermal water spray) and spread 2 drops of oil (wich is packed with vitamins) all over your face. 2 drops won't make you an oily mess when mixed with water right on your face. Try it!!!

I bought grapeseed oil from Swanson's because I'd heard good things about it. I wasn't really expecting much from it though. I was using it once in awhile as a body oil after my showers & didn't really notice much change. I love the way coconut oil makes my skin feel but it just takes such a long time to absorb. But now that winter weather has arrived, I've started using the grapeseed oil daily after my shower all over my body. I apply it liberally to damp skin and it absorbs quickly. My skin doesn't feel greasy or sticky and there's no noticeable scent. I sometimes use a light layer of body lotion over it if my skin has been feeling especially dry. Using it daily, I have now begun to see improvement in my skin texture & softness. I have hopes this will finally get rid of that awful k.p. on my upper arms. I'll update if I get even better results.

UPDATE: Feb 2011 ... This didn't eliminate my k.p. BUT ... I will always have this wonder oil on hand. It's dirt cheap & the best body oil I've ever used. I didn't realize how much my skin loved it until I skipped applying it after my shower the other day: dry, itchy, dull skin. I use other oils for make-up removal & cleansing but this is my HG body oil.

Grapeseed oil, how do I love thee? This is great as a makeup remover, as many here have said. It is super gentle, soothing...it's almost like a remover and a treatment in one. My acne prone skin has no issues with it, seems be normalizing my oil production,too.

I was using baby oil for my mega waterproof mascara/sunblock removal (which I still keep on standby), but it was making my eyelashes fall out! This actually seems to be making my eyelashes grow longer, and I don't have the eyelashes coming out with the mascara removal anymore. Even my husband noticed the difference when I had no mascara on...I'm sold.

Of course it's not really packaged the best, I buy organic in bulk in the cooking department, then transfer to a smaller bottle.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my new go-to nighttime moisturizer. I love grapeseed oil's astringent properties, it is keeping my skin clear and moisturized!

I bought this at a health food store and almost bought it in a small bottle in their beauty section, but then had a brainwave and went to the cooking oil section and bought a gigantic glass bottle of the stuff for only a few bucks more. So if you're going to buy this, my advice is to check the cooking oil section first!

I poured some into an old glass pump bottle and keep the rest under the sink.

I've used this for months now and I haven't broken out once. I used to use DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil, but using plain oils like grapeseed, olive, or jojoba is much cheaper and just as effective.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using organic grapeseed oil (apparently cosmetic grade) from German brand Primavera for a year now. My skin is dry and sensitive and this is the only thing that heals the occasional hormonal breakout or skin irritation super fast. If my skin is irritated I apply a little bit of this on cleansed, slightly damp skin and simply leave on overnight. In the morning blemishes and breakouts are always substantially soothed and reduced.

I also use this now and then as a cleansing oil in my rotation of skincare oils and products. It's not moisturising enough for my dry skin to use as an everyday moisturiser, but due to its wonderful soothing properties this has become a staple product in my skincare arsenal.

Popular Face Skincare Products