April 20, 2014 | 1753 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2005 3:39:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wish I could give this 4.5 lippies. (It would be 5, but I gave 4 because over-usage can cause drying and brittleness.)

This is a great, great, long-lasting base coat - kinda like double-sided tape for your manicure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2004 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ShoeGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Total rave!!! I go to a salon to have my nails done and I've been very happy with the woman who does them but I was unhappy with the base coat that she was using. We tried several different brands including OPI, Essie, etc. and my nails were still peeling a few days later. NOT ANYMORE!!! :)

I brought the Stickey Base Coat to my salon exactly 9 days ago and had a manicure and pedicure. My nails have not chipped or peeled at all! In fact, the only reason I'm re-polishing myself is because my nails grew out and you can see the fresh growth. Otherwise, I'd wait another few days to have them done.

I'm amazed by this product!! I've used the Speedey Top Coat twice since I've had my manicure so that could have helped but I will continue to use these two products together as long as my manicures last this long! And at this price, why not? It saved me from going to the salon 2 weeks in a row like I usually do!

Company Description:
Anchor your nail color to your nail. This soft base coat creates a strong bond between nail color and nail, which prevents future chipping, peeling, and splitting. $5.95 at Ulta continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2004 7:46:00 AM More reviews by avar

A friend at work told me about this after I complained that I can't get my nail polish to last more than three days. I am really hard on my nails at work and at home. After I used this, my polish stayed on perfectly for five days, and after that only chipped a little. I don't know why my manicurist does not use this, but from now on I'll bring it with me when I have my nails done at the salon.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2004 9:34:00 PM More reviews by SpeakerPunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't say enough wonderful things about this base coat! No more chipped nails, no more peeling...just beautiful, even and LASTING manicures! 1 light coat of this and 2 coats of polish and top coat, and I can easily go over a week without need of a touch-up! Works on some of my worst "chip" offenders such as Essie, Hard Candy and the Chanel metallics. Genius!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2004 9:25:00 PM More reviews by bunnyangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This did seem to help my polish adhere longer. A bottle costs about $8 at beauty supply stores. Easy to apply and you can apply polish immediately after.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2004 8:47:00 PM More reviews by doctorsirena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This base coat works great. I use it with Creative Nail enamel and Super Shiney top coat with absolutely no chipping or peeling. My nail polish lasts over 10 days with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2004 12:43:00 PM More reviews by JBGreenberg

This is the best base coat I have ever tried! I carry this w/ me to the pedicure place just in case they donít use this marvelous product. Stickey + Seche Vite= 1 or 2 extra weeks w/ my pedicure. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Rhiannan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Now this base coat is absolutely brilliant.It takes care of chips before they start,like nail colour chip prevention!!You gotta love that after you've just spent the last half hour doing your manicure.I highly recommend this.I sent this to my Aunt in her birthday goodie bag & she loves it too.She's in her 60's with natural nails,& I'm (still in my 30's) with acrylic nails.It's suitable for anyone really.If you want to prolong the life of your manicure you need this in your manicure bag,or in my case,the drawer in the fridge!! :_)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 8:12:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best base coat I have used. Keeps my manicure going about 10 days (and I must have manicured nails per my job description). Dries very quickly, keeps my nails from turning yellow, doesn't dry out like many others. I wish it wasn't so hard to find in my area thought. Only 1 store carried it and they recently stopped carrying Creative Nail products. The search begins again.....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2004 1:18:00 PM More reviews by amichiganfan

This is my all-time favorite (HG) base coat. It really works, no matter what brand of polish I use on top of it. I've noticed that when I don't use it, my favorite top coat (Seche Vite) doesn't work as well. They're a really nice pair. Anyway, I'm very pleased with the performance of this product in extending the life of my manicure, and now it seems to be available at our local Walgreen's, too.