August 1, 2014 | 1811 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2005 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Maverick8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stickey Base Coat is a DREAM to work with as it has a very thin consistency and a great brush. It is formulated to really adhere to the nail and has a tacky texture that "sticks" to your nail color. The result is a longer lasting manicure. I REALLY like it, but took one lippie off because it contains some chemicals that are drying to the nail. This forces me to use a treatment base coat every second manicure that doesn't contain these chemicals to help avoid drying out my nails. If Creative could make this without formaldehyde, it would get 5 star!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 1:58:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

I like this base coat for pedicures; my manicures still chip and peel using this or not. It tends to get gloppy after some time so keep a nail thinner handy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2005 1:01:00 AM More reviews by kbb2008

HG basecoat. I started using this a few weeks ago and the lasting power of every manicure has improved by at least a couple of days since then. Use this with a quality polish like OPI and Poshe topcoat and you're good to go for at least 5 days with no chips whatsoever, even wearing dark red polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2005 1:12:00 PM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product does its job. For me, a manicure may last for only a few hours and I'll have a chip. My new nail tech hooked me up with Stickey after telling her my stories. The Stickey, then two coats of China Glaze's Laid Back Lilac, lasted for about six days. Great goodness! I bought it for about $4 online through a wonderful store selling professional products, ask if you want to know who.

I didn't know about the Formaldehyde and Tolulene, but until I find something without those that works, I'll stick by Stickey. If you want to ask anything at all, please do so at my account at Makeup Alley. --Kells

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2005 3:39:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wish I could give this 4.5 lippies. (It would be 5, but I gave 4 because over-usage can cause drying and brittleness.)

This is a great, great, long-lasting base coat - kinda like double-sided tape for your manicure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2004 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ShoeGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Total rave!!! I go to a salon to have my nails done and I've been very happy with the woman who does them but I was unhappy with the base coat that she was using. We tried several different brands including OPI, Essie, etc. and my nails were still peeling a few days later. NOT ANYMORE!!! :)

I brought the Stickey Base Coat to my salon exactly 9 days ago and had a manicure and pedicure. My nails have not chipped or peeled at all! In fact, the only reason I'm re-polishing myself is because my nails grew out and you can see the fresh growth. Otherwise, I'd wait another few days to have them done.

I'm amazed by this product!! I've used the Speedey Top Coat twice since I've had my manicure so that could have helped but I will continue to use these two products together as long as my manicures last this long! And at this price, why not? It saved me from going to the salon 2 weeks in a row like I usually do!

Company Description:
Anchor your nail color to your nail. This soft base coat creates a strong bond between nail color and nail, which prevents future chipping, peeling, and splitting. $5.95 at Ulta continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2004 7:46:00 AM More reviews by avar

A friend at work told me about this after I complained that I can't get my nail polish to last more than three days. I am really hard on my nails at work and at home. After I used this, my polish stayed on perfectly for five days, and after that only chipped a little. I don't know why my manicurist does not use this, but from now on I'll bring it with me when I have my nails done at the salon.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2004 9:34:00 PM More reviews by SpeakerPunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't say enough wonderful things about this base coat! No more chipped nails, no more peeling...just beautiful, even and LASTING manicures! 1 light coat of this and 2 coats of polish and top coat, and I can easily go over a week without need of a touch-up! Works on some of my worst "chip" offenders such as Essie, Hard Candy and the Chanel metallics. Genius!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2004 9:25:00 PM More reviews by bunnyangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This did seem to help my polish adhere longer. A bottle costs about $8 at beauty supply stores. Easy to apply and you can apply polish immediately after.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2004 8:47:00 PM More reviews by doctorsirena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This base coat works great. I use it with Creative Nail enamel and Super Shiney top coat with absolutely no chipping or peeling. My nail polish lasts over 10 days with this.