Creative Nail Design Stickey Base Coat

4.3

Alcohol Denat., Ethyl Acetate, Heptane, Butyl Acetate, Polyvinyl Butyral, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Ispropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 47000 (Yellow 11), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

This stuff is okay...I mean, it hasn't exactly prolonged the life of my manicure, but then again, it hasn't made it any worse. It dries quickly though, which is good. My biggest gripe with this is that it seems to make my natural nails weaker- they are peeling more than they used to. I wouldn't buy this again, I much prefer my OPI base coat, which is just as good but without the peeling.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff totally works!! Makes a strong bond with the polish (probably because it's not a smooth surface), and so my color chips less. My only small gripe is that its greenish-blue color changes the base color of my nails, so if you are using a single coat of a very light sheer polish, I feel you can see a bit of blue. It's not overt, but I still think I can see it. I would love it if Creative would make Stickey colorless. But this base coat works so well that I will continue to use it despite this teeny tiny complaint. Highly recommend you give this a try! :)

EDITED: I have dropped my review to a 3 overall due to severe peeling of my nails after a few months of use. Stickey is a great base coat for polish wear, but the peeling is unbearable.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

HG BASECOAT!!! my opi nailpolish didnt budge till about day 5 too! my nailpolish usually chips within a couple hours, so i stopped wearing nailpolish for a couple years and just did acrylics. i got annoyed at the look of acrylics so i went back to nailpolish. im on the computer all day so i expected the tips to start chipping and wearing by day 2. but nope! i will try the "stickey sandwich" that was just suggested by another MUA'er to see if i can extend the wear to 7 days instead!!! i LOVE this stuff! =) =) =)

*edit 01.13.06: i just did the "sticky sandwich" using OPI's Samoan Sand polish. the one thing i noticed was that the green color of stickey changed the color of samoan sand a little bit, but then i think it was corrected back when i used Creative Nail's Super Shiney top coat since it is purple. so right now i think the green and purple canceled eachothe out and now samoan sand is back to its original color =) i will update later about the "stickey sandwich"!

***EDIT 1.17.06... stickey sandwich definitely works!! thanks for the tip! =) because of my excessive computer typing, my polish started to wear a little, but no chips!! the wear is not noticible unless i go really up close. i put another coat of Super Shiney on last nite. i think this manicure will make it to 7 days!! =) that will be a first for me!!

This is the best base coat. I use it to make a "sticky sandwich". I put a miniscule drop of cuticle oil on the center of each nail, rub it in then wipe off. I then do a Sticky base coat, 2 coats of polish, a coat of Sticky and then a coat of Out the Door. My nails don't start to chip until day 5 and usually only very minimally. Normally polish chips in hours on me. I'm a nurse and my hands are always in water.

HEARD ABOUT IT THROUGH A FRIEND AND WHEN I SAW THAT JILL FROM QVC USES SUPER SHINEY TOP COAT, I BOUGHT THAT AND FOUND STICKEY NEXT TO IT AND COULDN'T BELIEVE - 2 WONDERFUL PRODUCTS!

THE STICKEY BASE MAKES MY POLISH LAST A L L W E E K LONG AND I'M A CHIPPER/PEELER. TRIED THEM ALL AND THIS IS THE BEST.

SIMPLY PERFECT AND AMAZING!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've come across many base coats in my day and because i can get nail polishes and the like dirt cheap I thought I'd try this. It's not bad it really wasn't. But I stil love my diamond dry nails top coat much much better.

I'm sure I will be buying lots and lots of this!!!! It is such a great base coat and it's so much cheaper than OPI's base coats (sorry OPI, you know I still love you). This was recommended to me by a fellow MUAer and I am quite pleased with their recommendation and my purchase :D Love this, will buy again and would highly recommend!!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Stickey Base Coat is a DREAM to work with as it has a very thin consistency and a great brush. It is formulated to really adhere to the nail and has a tacky texture that "sticks" to your nail color. The result is a longer lasting manicure. I REALLY like it, but took one lippie off because it contains some chemicals that are drying to the nail. This forces me to use a treatment base coat every second manicure that doesn't contain these chemicals to help avoid drying out my nails. If Creative could make this without formaldehyde, it would get 5 star!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this base coat for pedicures; my manicures still chip and peel using this or not. It tends to get gloppy after some time so keep a nail thinner handy.

HG basecoat. I started using this a few weeks ago and the lasting power of every manicure has improved by at least a couple of days since then. Use this with a quality polish like OPI and Poshe topcoat and you're good to go for at least 5 days with no chips whatsoever, even wearing dark red polish.

Top Rated Creative Nail Design Products