October 31, 2014 | 1520 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by kdanyluk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ahhh, I was SO excited to try the Clarisonic.... I Saved up, Went to Sephora and after a demo on my hand and chatting with the SA about how it has truly changed her skin, I was SOLD!

Got home, used my CLARISONIC MIA 2 right away! I have to say, the FEELING was amazing. (I'd like to point out that i used the sensitive brush head & did NOT push at all on my skin just barely touched the bristles to my face)

I felt like i was getting a REALLY DEEP CLEAN! My face felt fresh and extremely clean afterwards. I used toner and moisturiser and went to sleep.

I skipped a day inbetween and went on to use it the following night. Same feeling, nice and clean.

I did this for about 2 weeks. Most people say that their skin purges and that their skin is better than ever now and after the purging they have PORCELAIN CLEAR SKIN!

WELL LET ME JUST SAY THAT I HATE YOU ALL!!!! just kidding. But seriously, so sad that this did NOT happen for me.

Instead, after 2 weeks, i thought my skin would get better... i thought that the clarisonic was just "purging" my skin.

My face was RED RED RED, inlamed cystic acne, 1 or 2 pustules, DEHYDRATED SKIN like no other... and VERY VERY VERY oily.

even with using moisturizer, this stripped my face of all moisture.
I usually have normal-combo/oily skin with minior clogged pores unless i use certain products or pick at my skin. But this skin was PAINFUL and itchy and swollen/inflamed.

Still recovering 2 months later.

Read RENEE ROLEAU's Review on the CLARISONIC.
She goes into better detail as to WHY it may NOT BE THE BEST THING for your skin
Shes an esthetician with her own spa in Texas.
I love her blog. I am wanting to try out her products.

anyways,

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by mizzou_nyc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had my Mia for about 2.5 months now, and the only thing I regret is not buying it sooner. Everyone's skin is different, and I cannot believe how much of a difference this has made in my skin. It has refined the texture of my skin, and after I use it literally my face glows. I have combination skin that is sensitive and prone to breakouts and I'm going to stick with the sensitive brush head when I get a replacement. Love this device and it's totally worth the money!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Romyw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, Love, Love my clarisonic:). LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What more can I say? I just cannot imagine not using this at night to cleanse my skin.!!!!!
I have had this for probably 4-5 years, I got it when my skin just first started going haywire after a lifetime of very easy going skin(with the exception of a disaster from using a MLM skin care system and makeup that a friend was selling - I cleared that outbreak by stopping the offending products, and using a gentle soap and benzoyl peroxide). This bears mentioning here because I bought this brush hoping to clear my skin a second time around.
I started having what I know now was the first signs of perimenopause around 38-40 years old. I tried everything and I mean Everything trying to figure out what to do for my skin. What had worked for me in the past just didn't seem to work the second time around because these outbreaks were hormonally driven, but the same principals applied....keep reading) This brush was among my first purchases.
This brush is phenomenal and definitely cleanses and exfoliates, but acne problems need a good gentle cleanser and a good topical benzoyl peroxide (start with benzoyl peroxide would be my advice, and if it doesn't help, then see a dermatologist, I recommend Acne.org's cleanser and benzoyl peroxide regimen.)
Why did I put all of that in my review? Because I cant say much more about the fabulous brush, but someone desperately reading reviews wondering if this brush will help their skin needs to know that yes it CAN help, but skin needs more to heal from an acne outbreak than a good brush...
The clarisonic brush is the best of the best for a great skin care routine!!
In addition to helping skin stay clear, I believe it to be great for anti aging as well.
(Remember to wash off the brush head, disconnect and dry after each use so your machine stays clean, and replace the brush every three months!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by alidog

Cannot live without this product! I've been using it now for 18 months and have noticed such a positive change to my skin! Not only does it feel smoother, it's healthier and all around better!

Here is my video review for more information:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

I've had the Clarisonic for 1 year & a few months. I truly feel I can properly review it. I didn't think it was a miracle product until the last week. Last month I was working extra hours & was over tired, stressed & not taking care of my skin. I would just cleanse my face, moisturize & go to sleep- I didn't use the Mia for 1 month. The couple days I wore makeup, it was awful- my makeup wouldn't last, it applied blotchy & looked cakey.I was breaking out, oily & my skin just looked dull. I was annoyed, & blamed the Summer heat, although I never had such severe issues before. Finally after work calmed down, I rediscovered my Mia & totally forgot I had it. After only a couple days of usage, my skin became normal again :) my makeup goes on great, my skin feels fresh, & feels rejuvenated. The breakouts have also stopped- I was almost getting a blemish daily, & I haven't had one since using this again. Even though I've had this awhile, I didn't realize just how much of a difference it made to my skin. It was a luxury product I liked using, but I now know it's an essential.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by quickbrownfox

This is not going to be a "Pros: Cons:" type of review because I believe no cleansing or acne product is that simple. Personally, I find "It works 5 lippies. It doesn't work, 2 lippies" type of reviews puzzling. I find myself wondering about the ways the reviewer used it. Like how often she used it, for how long she used it, with what other products she used it...

When I first about Clarisonic 2 years ago, I though that it was an overrated cleansing brush. I always found electric tooth brushes useless too. However, about 1.5 years ago I went through a disastrous hormonal change and something really bad happened to my skin. My skin was always prone to acne but I had everything under control as long as I took off my make up and washed my face before going to bad. I started using birth control pills and things began to get better but in a very slow pace. I was in desperate need of a drastic change in my routine and I was ready to buy anything so I thought I could give Clarisonic a shot.

First of all, don't to expect miracles from a product you put on your face once or twice every once in a while. If you find something that works for you, you stick to it. As I realized Clarisonic cleans my face like no other cleanser or method I used before, I made up my mind to use it twice a day, every day. It's a serious business, it takes time and consistency. In a month, my skin cleared up nicely. Blackheads are smaller, almost gone. My skin texture improved quite good too. This is pretty much the only product I've seen that makes my pores smaller over a night.

Right now it's like this: If I get lazy and don't use Clarisonic for 3 nights in a row, pop goes a pimple on my chin. I use it for 2 weeks without giving a break, I look at the mirror and say: Wow, I really have a clear skin right now.

Secondly, I always keep in mind that this is just the basis of a skin care routine. You need a decent moisturizer to follow up with. (I like Clarins Hydraquench and Dermalogica Active Moist) If you need to take care of a little pimple or so, I find Benzoyl Peroxide (10% formula, Zapzyt) quite useful.

By the way, I never used Clarisonic's own cleansing gels. I like Dermalogica's Clearing Skin Gel but when I had enough of its price I switched to Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser and love it as much. I think every brand should do its own business therefore I approach Clarisonic's, which is an electric facial brush brand, cleansing gels and creams with doubt.

I always had a good cleanser, but without Clarisonic, even after washing my face I used to find make-up bits on the cotton pads I applied toner with. Those nasty bits of make up clog pores and cause blackheads and acne.

I know what it is to have acne prone skin, I now how you get tired of trying products all the time and seeing them not making any change, getting depressed, losing hope. Oh I know that cycle. I used to think, hey maybe my skin is like this from now on, I'll put on a ton of make up on during the day and hope my future husband doesn't notice it during the night. No, nobody's skin has to have red spots and blackheads, skins do get better. Cleaning it decently is at the core of everything. You can never clean with your hands this good.

About the Olay brush, I have to say I've seen it, even though I'm never against the cheaper alternative if it's working just the same, I hated it. It looks and feels nothing like Clarisonic. There is no way that it will give the same effect as the original, everything is different about it. It's merely a copy cat and I have no respect for poor imitations. This is a one time investment and I'm sure that people like me (who are in constant battle with their combination skin) have already spent way more than the Clarisonic Mia's price.

I'm sorry that I've probably written the longest review that is about a brush on earth but I thought I had to write all my thoughts about this brush since it changed the way I feel about my skin.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

Why this works:

Unlike the Olay spin brush facial buffer, Clairsonic uses sonic vibrations that not only scrub the surface, but loosen up and pull out dirt that scrubs, brushes, and facecloths leave behind. So, dirt and oil literally get shaken out of the pore, and dead skin cells on the surface are brushed off. There is a huge difference between this and facial buffers.

My pores are so clear, the clearest they have been ever. Plus I no longer have flakies from my retinal and St. Ives scrubs create from excessive dryness and irritation. The Mia takes the place of a facial, and I like that is gentle enough but effective enough to use everyday, in my opinion and experience.

LOVE LOVE LOVE. Totez worth the $160 I spent on it.

EDIT: i use this once a week. i prefer st. ives scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by xmegannn

This product saved my skin. Before, I was using acne creams (Retin-A micro & clindamycin) but did not want to put harsh chemicals on my face. After hearing the rage about this product, I really wanted to try it. It did take me awhile because it IS a splurge. However, I'm SO GLAD I bought this. It makes my rough, oily, acne-prone skin feel so soft and comfortable. Honestly, I never felt my skin this way before this product. Along with eating right and getting enough rest, using this product helped me leave my topical acne treatments behind! Thank you Clarisonic :) Now, I want to try the Sonic-care toothbrush :P

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by sophiasbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Clarisonic is a little pricey but its worth it! Using the Clarisonic gives a gentle exfoliation without any harsh chemicals. You can use the Clarisonic device anywhere on the face or both. Your skin will be GLOWING and baby soft after first use! Mine holds a charge for several days (I use mine everyday in the shower, I find it easy to help remove makeup in the evenings) TIP: If you use your Clarisonic to remove makeup and the brush gets dirty. Put a little bit of Ivory bar or liquid soap on it. The brush will be white, brand new again! Ivory soap is a super cheap way to clean your Clarisonic brush heads.

While its not necessary to use the Clarisonic every day. I find its a luxurious way to pamper my face every night before bed. The clarisonic helps the products you put on your skin absorb better, therefore I use my serums right after the Clarisonic. My skin is fresh, clean, glowing & clear.

Do yourself a favor. Stop wasting your $ on cheap product you will just toss after a few uses with no results. Invest in the Clarisonic. We sell it in our store, we its the best!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm 38 and my main skin concern is dehydration which is most evident by the flaky skin around my eyebrows. I have tried all kinds of exfoliation to get rid of this flaky skin (scrubs, buff pads, AHA, BHA...) and all of those worked only minimally, if at all. The Clarisonic Mia, on the other hand, got rid of most of the flakiness the 1st time I used it. Now I use it about 2 times per week to keep the flakes in check. BTW I use the delicate brush because I have sensitive skin, and even so, I can only use it on my T zone as I find it too rough on my cheeks.