December 19, 2014 | 1475 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by kathysarah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Clarisonic is the best thing out there. I bought it because I found myself breaking out in milia. For the first 3 months my skin did purge, I used it everyday. But it was all worth it. I've been using it for 6 months and my skin is so smooth, the size of my pores have reduced, and I don't even wear foundation anymore!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this every other day. I love that it is gentle and has a waterproof case. It's a great way to clean, exfoliate, and relax my skin anytime of the day. Only problem I have is that it is an extremely expensive investment! If it were half the price, these would make great gifts.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Here's the story of my experience with the Clarisonic Mia:

I work as an archaeologist and have gotten kind of obsessed about cleaning my face in the evenings after long sweaty days where my face is covered in sunscreen, sweat, and dirt. A coworker goes for facials, but I decided I'd try the Mia (which would be, in my opinion, the less expensive of the two options).

When I first started using the Mia I'd only use it about 3 times a week so as not to shock my skin because a friend suggested that using it twice a day could be too harsh for some people.

The first thing I noticed was that my skin absorbed moisturizer far better than before, but other than that I didn't see a great change in my skin (which is sensitive and prone to break outs). I was sort of skeptical of its benefits, but I kept with it. I now use it in the evenings (because I'm too lazy in the morning) and in the morning and at night on the weekend.

It's now been nearly 6 months and I'm glad I stuck with it: my skin has never been better. The trick for me was to exfoliate before using the Mia, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the full benefits of using the Mia in the first place.

I hope I'm not jinxing it, but I haven't had a breakout since my new skincare regime. *happy dance*

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by brownsonana

I have been using this brush for almost 2 years. And I am very pleased! I use the refreshing gel with the brush and it does a beautiful job! After a week my face started to look beautiful!! I am so happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by MarliH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can tell you, without a doubt, that the Mia is my "can not live without" product!!!! I have always had trouble skin. I have tried everything out there. I was on Acutane as a teenager and have been on and off with using proactive. I purchased the Mia after trying proactive for the last time. I had a terrible reaction to the proactive and got my money back.
Yes, as with many, I did break out in the beginning of using my Mia. . I realized that the clarisonic acne wash that came with it was irritating my skin. I quickly got rid of that. Then I decided to go on the clarisonic site and read the reviews about break outs. I FOUND THE CURE, After each use, I take a little bit of dawn antibacterial dish soap and hot water and thoroughly clean my brush head. I use it twice a day and do it every time. I take it apart as well, once a week, and clean the brush and holder. I think the MIA, along with my PHILOSOPHY PURITY facial cleanser are my "must haves"!!!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by JoshuaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The first week or two that I used the Mia my skin looked fantastic. Pores were looking clearer, skin was glowing and starting to look smooth.

Sadly the positive results didn't last, and after a couple of weeks of once daily use my skin texture began to feel quite rough and look ruddy. I also began to develop deep cysts.

I stopped using the Mia and returned to my previous routine, and within about 4 weeks my skin cleared up. I waited a few months and tried again, this time only using it once every 3 days. Within a few weeks though my skin started to misbehave again. So I stopped using it.

Fast forward more than a year and I again tried it. Using the sensitive brush head again and my regular cleanser, but after just the first use my skin felt rough, looked ruddy and was flaking like crazy.

My skin seems to do best using a muslin (or wash) cloth for exfoliation (which I can use twice daily with no problems) and chemical exfoliation (glycolic acid) every other day, so I'll be sticking with those from now on.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Holly90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I bought this product bc off all the fuss and then I read the reviews on it! Was scared to use bc a lot of people broke out so I started off with just once a day I've had it for a month I honestly don't know how I was doing with out it I love loveeee loveee it my skin feels different looks different I feel good about my skin and confutable with it it worked for me and I thank god for that

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Jesse806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly wanted to love this product SO much because everyone recommended it to me because it "gets rid if clogged pores" which I have a big problem with. I just wanna say that this is not true. It did nothing with my clogged pores, only irritated it and caused scabs which caused scars. The charge only lasts a week. It claims to exfoliate your skin, but when I showered this afternoon and used a washcloth to exfoliate and there was SO much dead skin on it I had to scrub my face for a good 8 minutes and there was still dead skin. I never had that problem with the washcloth before the clarisonic. That just proves it wasn't exfoliating my skin like they claim it to be. Also it's not gentle enough for 2 uses daily. My skin could barely tolerate once a day and I don't even know why. I never had a breakout stage like everyone said they did. My skin is still getting clogged pores (I wear only concealer on like 5 spots and that's it) so I know it's not "cleaning out my pores." I'm just very disappointed with this product. I expected so much for such a high price and nothing. Not a happy camper. Hopefully the PMD device actually vacuums the gunk out of my pores like they say it does.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by VA219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using mine on and off for five or so years. It's okay but can be time consuming as far as charging/disinfecting the brush head. Also it's not just a one time charge for the product but every two months you have to spend another $25 on a new brush head.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I initially began using the Clarisonic, I started to get breakouts. As a result, I stopped using the device on my face for a month, tried it again, but second time also produced breakouts. I suspected that perhaps the brush might harbor bacteria. At this point, I began using it only on my body, neck and chest area especially. It was good for cleansing the body, using the sensitive brush and then the normal brush. I also rinsed the brush with hydrogen peroxide after each use. When it was time to replace the brush, I ordered the DELICATE brush. Once again, I tried using the device to cleanse my face. I continued to rinse the DELICATE brush with hydrogen peroxide after each use. No more breakouts. I now use the delicate brush for face. I use the device only a couple times a week. I first exfoliate with Olay Microdermabrasion product, then I use LaRoche Posay Tolairaine Foaming Cleanser with the Clarisonic. This process feels like a cleansing facial. Love the results, especially in the nasal folds and chin area where I can get some congestion. I have microscopic pores, and other than the oil congestion in the nose and chin areas, I have normal skin with extremely rare breakouts. I would definitely recommend the Clarisonic as it does a great job of cleaning. I only state that I personally feel it is important to rinse the brush with hydrogen peroxide after each use to kill any bacteria that might develop from water. Yes, rinsing with hydrogen peroxide adds to the cost of maintaining this device. Since I only use the brush 2x a week - I do not replace it every 3 months. I actually replace it once a year and it is just fine.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No