MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 8/14/2010 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

So Im not sure why anyone would say this is a NUDE PINK, its a frosty bright summer girl pink. Not natural looking at all, unless bright pink is natural. I have also looked at the Maybelline dupe as some say in warm me up and its so much more natural nude pink than Syrup. I wouldnt even compare the two, not on my NC25 skin.

I'll be reswapping this baby, as I was so excited to get it, but not for me, maybe if I was still 25.

So pretty in the tube~

on 7/22/2010 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG lipstick! I love love love this lipstick and the color. Mac's lustre lipsticks are my favorite along with the glaze finishes because it does not dry out my lips and makes them look pretty glossy. Yet, not as glossy as the sadly discontinued Mac slimshines :(. I bought this off the recommendation of the Mac MUA when I asked for a nice natural looking pink. I took one look at the tube and i thought it would go on a bit purplish but as Mac fans know, lustres are always on the sheer side. This lipstick gives my lips the "your lip color, but better" look. The color is very pink on me and has a very slight mauvey undertone. It goes on very smoothly and lasts a very long time. And of course it has Mac's signature vanilla scent to it, very yummy. I would recommend anyone to try this color or the lustre lipsticks in general, they are amazing.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

My very first MAC lipstick! I got this because it was recommended by the MUA as a natural nude color. This is definitely a MLBB shade and it is very moisturizing! I love the scent as well. It does not have the best staying power but it helps if I put a gloss over it.

DUPE ALERT: Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in "Warm Me Up"

on 6/29/2010 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Syrup lipstick has a pretty pink mauvey sheer color. What I like about this lipstick is that it's not drying and looks good on almost any look that I do (whether Im going for a dramatic eyeshadow or neutrals). I think this color looks good on anyone. It is sheer, but its very buildable. Will recommend for anyone looking into buying lipsticks.

on 6/24/2010 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this color! Looks great with my natural lip color! Deepens them just enough! This is an everyday color for me! YAY! My new fav!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this colour. It's a pretty pink mauve-y, not too bright perfect for an office look lippie! It's very pretty with or without a lipliner. Very nice with a neutral eye. Totally love the formula it's soft and creamy and doesn't dry out your lips.

on 6/1/2010 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Playing around with the Lustre's I came across this beauty. The SA sanitized it for me and it was love at first swipe. When I say I love something, it has to not only be a natural pretty shade, but the texture has to be perfect. I don't like matte, satin or glosses. I like a balmy texture with color pay off. BINGO! we have a winner.

on 5/31/2010 12:48:00 AM

Me: NW20, dark brown hair and eyes. Lipstick: the perfect MLBB! This is a lovely smooth lipstick that makes my lips look exactly what I've always wished for! It is slight pinker and creamier than my natural lip colour and evens out the pigmentation perfectly. This is one of the few lipsticks from MAC that is cool enough for my complexion - I find that many (most) MAC lipsticks pull a bit too yellow/orange/warm on me.

I would wear this every day - except that I found a cheaper dupe! I'm now wearing Maybelline's ColorSensational "Warm Me Up" which is exactly the same colour, only not quite so glossy on. With a clear gloss or balm on top it would be exactly the same! So now I'm going to buy that one from now on. (The wear is exactly the same - both coming off on my drink bottle equally fast...)

But if I hadn't found the dupe, then yes, I would keep buying this one.

on 5/25/2010 2:47:00 AM

Love this lipstick. It brings out the best in my fair, ever so slight olive skin (NC30). I have a friend who intro'ed it to me, however, who is Sicilian and has very olive skin and it looks great on her too. It has a slight violet undertone but it looks natural and elegant at the same time. Not overdone, but it makes me look awake. :) I use it in the morning as my HG lipstick over lip conditioner and I use it to go out at night under MAC glass or another pinkish gloss.

on 5/18/2010 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my go to lip color. I can wear this to work or out at night. Not too bright, but not too sheer. I have a lot of trouble finding lipstick that I really like that works for me, but this is it.

Popular Lipsticks