August 27, 2014 | 899 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was kind of a huge let down for me. I am NW20, dark brown, almost black hair, brown eyes. Syrup wasn't my lips but better...it was just my lips. I actually did one lip in Syrup and left the other naked...no difference. I can put chapstick, balm or a clear gloss if I want that subtle shine. Lovely pinky/rosey color, but it looked exactly like my natural lip color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Phyrne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Rosy, glossy, smooth lips appearing like given by nature alone. That`s the effect achieved with this lipstick. Perfect for pale blondes like me preferring a natural, nude look.
Staying power, however, is far from remarkable. More that of a tinted lipbalm. Would nevertheless buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a nude lipstick gal but everyone needs a red lipstick for the grownup sophisticated look and this is my version of that red lipstick. I know this isn't red. It's actually a neutral pink mauve with a hint of purple that looks very natural. Red lipsticks look terrible on me but this gives that red lipstick wow factor without being overbearing and still looking very natural. I can wear it without any makeup on and my skin doesn't look off. I'm excited to have finally found my "red" lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry I'm the minority. Not usually a lustre wearer - I appreciate a good opaque lippie. That's traditionally their purpose. Otherwise, I'd just get a good quality gloss.

I owned Syrup but it was so sheer & not flattering to my NC25 skin tone - not at all creamy. And not at all worth the $AU35. I'd rather just pay less for a Rimmel or Maybelline lippy for the Syrup result.

This product made me stay away from Lustre formulas. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by marmalade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my fave MAC lipstick colors. It's a great go to color for me. In fact I think I need to buy another tube because I am close to running out.

One of my lipstick HGs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Wow, finally an actual MLBB for me! I'm NW15/20, fairly pigmented lips. This is the exact same shade as my lips, but slightly more pink with a tiny amount of sheen/shine. Basically it evens out the color in my lips and makes them look polished. Feels moisturizing, smells lovely. Lasts 2 hours or so on me - about average for a Lustre. Will definitely be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by shelly7130

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite lipstick. I have had several tubes of this and never get tired of it. It's like my 'go to' lipstick if I'm not sure what I want to wear, this will always look good. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. So smooth and rich. Not drying at all. I love pairing this with NARS Chichuaha lip gloss over it and its looks great. A great soft pink lipstick. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Catsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like Syrup. I'm NC20 and it is a very flattering color on me, and can be worn with just about any eye makeup, regardless of color/intensity. It's not particularly long-lasting or moisturizing, just a solid above-average lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is nice, but not fantastic. The colour is natural pink with slight mauve undertones. Very versatile and a no thinking lipstick suitable for all occasions. The formula is typical MAC but probably one of their better formulas. It doesn’t last very long and doesn’t have that polished finish that higher end brands have. I go through this very quickly since I have to reapply all the time. Its hard to make a mistake with this shade and you cant over do it.