July 30, 2014 | 1156 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry I'm the minority. Not usually a lustre wearer - I appreciate a good opaque lippie. That's traditionally their purpose. Otherwise, I'd just get a good quality gloss.

I owned Syrup but it was so sheer & not flattering to my NC25 skin tone - not at all creamy. And not at all worth the $AU35. I'd rather just pay less for a Rimmel or Maybelline lippy for the Syrup result.

This product made me stay away from Lustre formulas. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by marmalade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my fave MAC lipstick colors. It's a great go to color for me. In fact I think I need to buy another tube because I am close to running out.

One of my lipstick HGs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Wow, finally an actual MLBB for me! I'm NW15/20, fairly pigmented lips. This is the exact same shade as my lips, but slightly more pink with a tiny amount of sheen/shine. Basically it evens out the color in my lips and makes them look polished. Feels moisturizing, smells lovely. Lasts 2 hours or so on me - about average for a Lustre. Will definitely be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by shelly7130

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite lipstick. I have had several tubes of this and never get tired of it. It's like my 'go to' lipstick if I'm not sure what I want to wear, this will always look good. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. So smooth and rich. Not drying at all. I love pairing this with NARS Chichuaha lip gloss over it and its looks great. A great soft pink lipstick. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Catsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like Syrup. I'm NC20 and it is a very flattering color on me, and can be worn with just about any eye makeup, regardless of color/intensity. It's not particularly long-lasting or moisturizing, just a solid above-average lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is nice, but not fantastic. The colour is natural pink with slight mauve undertones. Very versatile and a no thinking lipstick suitable for all occasions. The formula is typical MAC but probably one of their better formulas. It doesn’t last very long and doesn’t have that polished finish that higher end brands have. I go through this very quickly since I have to reapply all the time. Its hard to make a mistake with this shade and you cant over do it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by BitOHoney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite all time holy grail color. I have tried many pinks and none compare to this. I pair this with Money Honey Dazzleglass for some extra bling. On my 6th or 7th tube will continue to repurchase over.and over again. NC 42 for ref.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I love this color. It is perfect for everyday. It has the perfect amount of sheen. It is reddish pink. I am pale, C2 pale, and I can still pull it off. I will always buy this lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my “safe” lipstick. If all else fails, I pull out Syrup. It goes with most of my makeup and looks pretty against my skin tone. I get a medium-dark mauvish pink out of Syrup and love the creamy texture. Syrup provides slight shine, which gives my lips the appearance of being lightly moist. Doesn’t stay on for very long and MAC cosmetics are not cheap. I recently discovered Revlon’s Sassy Mauve from their Super Lustrous line – a pretty comparable color to Syrup and while Revlon’s texture is pretty creamy, it’s not as soft and creamy as Syrup.