NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 1/31/2015 1:31:00 AM

I only took a lippy off cause I fell in love with the new weightless luminous glow whatever it's called. I used this foundation in Punjab for the last few years I've never been loyal to a foundation before I met my match literally with this stuff. Before Punjab came into my life matching was the most difficult thing. It's not over yellow and not pink perfect for my olive complexion. It's stayed on perfectly for at least 7 hours with primer, powder and setting spray which was great for my oily skin. However nars kinda got me hooked again because I feel as though I've just entered into another long term relationship with yet another one of their foundations. I really love the dewy finish on this it's perfect to wear year round. You literally do get a nice glow from the dewy finish it leaves it's actually radiant. Another issue was the pump. For the price as many other reviewers have stated paying $6 is unreasonable, to me almost unethical in the makeup world but jeez. Not gonna lie I never bought one, I refused, I have some mercy when it comes to spending extra money on nonsense this close to $50 was enough. It lasts so long, little goes a long way, apply with your hand it's made to be applied that way and looks way better IMO. and preserves product, you really don't need much. Mine lasted almost a year. I only wear makeup 3-4 times a week though, I get lazy and my skin def needs to breathe as I have very sensitive skin. Hope this helped!!!

I used this foundation for awhile but it's horrible, especially in the heat. It slips off my face and I had to put my concealer on before my foundation just so my nose wouldn't be completely makeup-less after this foundation slipped off. It seemed fine when I put it on, I couldn't use it when I had dry patches because this foundation just clung to them.

on 1/30/2015 7:02:00 PM

When the NARS lady applied my foundation, I was in LOVE. When I tried to do at home, I only fell in "like"....BUT I experimented and we are in love again. My tips:
Apply with fingers
use a good moisurizer (I have combo/acne prone skin and use: Lait Creme Concentre )
Use the NARS concealer for full coverage (its AMAZING!)
Still searching for a setting powder but the NARS one will be ok until I find a replacement...

on 1/29/2015 2:27:00 AM

This does a better job in covering pores and red marks than Laura mercier smooth finish flawless fluide. And won't sink in the fine line as much as Laura mercier ,Armani second skin, cuz those dry too matte thus exaggerate those lines. But I am in between Deauville and Fiji (I am nars tinted moisturizer Alaska ) . So, color doesn't match and could not use it. Neither can I use the tinted moisturizer as it is SPF with titanium oxide ( clogging pores for break out prone skin).

on 1/26/2015 3:10:00 PM

I wouldn't reccomne this foundation...
My skin is normal to combination, and this foundation looks horrible on it after a few hours, especially after a few hours. It cracks up and after some hours I have no foundation left on my face, except in my pores (which aren't that big).
I really wanted to love this because it's so much raved about, but unfortunately its not a good foundation for me.

on 1/20/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Didn't like this product at first - applied it with a stippling brush and found that it was quite cakey, especially just under the eyes/around the nose, without adding much coverage, and it applied unevenly. However, when it's applied with fingers it blends very smoothly and gives a gorgeous finish, its easily my favourite foundation right now, the only disadvantage is that it doesn't have a pump. It also has a light/sheer coverage, so you would need a very good concealer to hide any blemishes

on 1/20/2015 11:45:00 AM

My biggest complaint for this product is the packaging. While it is aesthetically pleasing, it does not have a pump. I prefer a pump dispenser because I often accidentally pour too much out. You can buy a pump for it, but that is impractical for me personally because I travel a lot. That being said, I do love this product.

I apply this foundation over top of a moisturizer and the original smashbox primer and I set it with rimmel stay matte powder and this seems to work really well if you're not sure what to wear it with.

I apply this foundation with a beauty blender and this seems to work well. It blends the foundation into the skin as well as maintaining the coverage the foundation can provide. I've also used my hands and that works well if you don't have any tools. I also think it could be applied nicely with a synthetic densely packed brush and the formula doesn't seem the type to be difficult to blend with obvious brushstrokes or anything like that.

This foundation has a dewy finish and setting it with powder doesn't really take away the finish. I find it be beautiful but those of you with oily skin may want to try the sheer matte version. The coverage itself is medium buildable. With the first layer it doesn't seem like much coveragewise (although the finish is beautiful) but if you go over any problem areas with a second layer it covers it up almost entirely. The only thing I need concealer for is a particularly red blemish or when I'm sick the redness around my nose. (I reccomend mac studio finish for that)

This product does wear really well. I was previously using the kat von d tattoo foundation which has a matte finish and super high coverage but it wore really patchy and I haven't had any problems with this one at all. I do have dry skin though so those of you with oily skin may break down the foundation a bit. Some of my natural oils will show around my t zone throughout the day but it doesn't look greasy and a bit of powder or blotting would surely fix it. This lasts all day for me (7am-10pm) and I don't touch it up.

If you touch your face you might see foundation on your fingers and although I've never had this problem it could probably transfer onto your clothes as well.

I love this foundation for it's coverage, finish, easy application, and wearing time and I would repurchase it. Although should note this product is probably much better for dry skin than it is for oily skin. I hope this helped!

on 1/19/2015 1:07:00 PM

I'm going to admit, I was pretty bummed when this product agitated my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I was the shade Punjab and it was the perfect match for me. It felt so silky smooth upon application and didn't get oily throughout the day. Unfortunately, after about a week I noticed small bumps on my face, as well as severe oiliness which caused breakouts. When I stopped using this product, they immediately went away. I would advise for my sensitive skin beauties out there to test-patch this product on an inconspicuous area of the face or neck for a few weeks. Too often we think a product works well with our skin, only to find out a few days later that it does not. Overall, it was a great product and I understand the hype around it as it offers great coverage. If my skin wasn't so darn sensitive, this would work but alas, the search for my HG continues!

on 1/17/2015 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I hate this foundation on my skin. It doesn't last long, at all and I have 'young' skin! I've tried different methods of applying it to my skin, and still it looks dry. It cracks as well, after a few hours. The only pro this foundation has for me, is that it photographs well. It's definitely not glowy, it sits as a matte foundation on most skin tones. My Mum is cabin crew and wore this to try it out on her 'combination' skin and she said it lasted for about 4 hours. I wouldn't recommend this foundation to anyone!

on 1/16/2015 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this because I've had it for about a year now. I don't really care for this for several reasons. I do have dry skin and like several others have said this does cling to dry patches. Furthermore it has a tendency to cake and not last throughout the day (gets greasy and breaks down). For the price, you can do much better - Armani Luminous Silk, YSL Touch Eclat, Dior Star, etc.

Video Reviews & Tutorials