July 31, 2014 | 1732 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first time using a full sized nars foundation. I choose to go for sheer glow because it's winter and even if though have combo/oily I sampled sheer matte and it is a kinda powder finish to it that I prefer in the summer. Plus for some odd reason I get random dry patches here and their even with oily skin? Anyways I'm currently the color Tahoe it is really yellow based which is perfect. But just a heads up the majority of the colors run yellow. If I did use Mac (which I usually don't because it leans way too orange on me) I would roughly be a NC45. I honestly could have went up to Cadiz because they are so close in color and Tahoe seems to be the slightest (And I mean extremely slightly )bit light on me. It's nothing a bit if bronzer won't fix. I'm extremely happy that nars caters to more yellow toned w.o.c I find many brands neglect the thought of yellow undertones and jump directly to red and orange. As far as coverage goes this is anything but sheer. I have so far only applied with my beauty blender and even with the thinnest layer I get medium coverage almost full. My hyperpigmentation is covered almost completely with this foundation alone that I haven't had to use Concealer. The finish is slightly misleading to. You're not going to get a dewy finish so if your looking for that use a dewy primer or dewy setting spray. On me it dries down to a Demi matte almost plain matte finish (if that makes makes any since). I havent had any problems getting extra oily I do however set my t zone for longer lasting time before touch ups.
I did take a Lippie off due to a lack of a pump. It can be wastefull and messy. Other than that I love this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by KatKoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Regarding my skin: I am extremely pale and have pretty dry skin. I also have mild rosacea on my cheeks, mostly. I have this in Siberia.

PACKAGE: Meh... This is fine, but I think it should come with a pump because it is unsanitary. I like the matte black NARS look.

APPLICATION: A lot of people put this on with their fingers. When I do that, this looks way to heavy. I apply with a brush. I put the tiniest amount on possible. The way that you apply this makeup will have a lot to do with the coverage.

COVERAGE: I think this foundation is a great one, in that it can be sheer to pretty heavy coverage. I like to use it in the sheer way, personally. I think when this is applied as a heavy coverage you have to have a very exact color match or it looks very foundationy.

STAYING POWER: Because I have dry skin, this stays pretty well all day. If I touch my face it will transfer, but that is because I don't use a primer. If you use a primer, you probably won't have to worry about that as much.

SPF - This, as far as I know, has no SPF. For some this is problematic, but I am sensitive to most chemical and physical sunscreens so I am grateful for this because I can use a separate sunscreen that works with my skin.

NOTES FOR PALE SKIN/ROSACEA: Over the years I have tried hundreds of light colored foundations. This one truly is light, but it is very yellow. I am yellow under-toned, but it is too yellow for most pale skinned people I have seen. This is great for me because I have rosacea and it really helps to neutralize that redness. However, it is not light enough so I have to mix it with another foundation. I put a powder foundation over it from Meow Cosmetics to make up the difference in shade.

OVERALL: I do not think this foundation is perfect by any means, there is no "Glow" in the "Sheer Glow" as far I can tell. And you have to be very careful with application or you will look like a mask face. But if like me you have tried and failed to find a foundation routine for pale sensitive skin, definitely try this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by crystelle07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love Nars products, due to all the YouTube hype on this foundation I decided to give it a try. This foundation did not disappoint at all. Although the name "Sheer Glow" is quite deceiving. It is not sheer at all. It has a medium coverage and has a slight glow if you do not set it with powder. I like this foundation because it makes my skin look healthy and fresh. For a high end foundation this needs to come with a pump! The application can become messy and I end up using more product wasted on my hand. I apply this with the beauty blender and set it with urban decay's razor ultra definition translucent powder. It lasts about a good 6-8 hours. I would repurchase this again since I'm a Nars junkie.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by kochanie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation would be really good, but it has a few glaring issues, mainly the shade range, so I just can't give it more than 3 lippies.

Finish: very nice, medium coverage that does a great job at blurring imperfections, skin looks "airbrushed" but not too mask like, but I wouldn't exactly call it glowy. While its not quite matte, it definitely isn't shiny. It gives you more of that soft focus glow. I have normal/combo skin too, so drier skin types, or those looking for a dewy finish, might want to look elsewhere. It is alcohol and fragrance free, so no dryness or irritation here.

Wear: very good, lasts through the day, no problems here

Shades: this is where you might run into trouble, especially if you're warm toned. I'm NW20 and montblanc is too light, but the next shade up (deauville) is both too dark and way too yellow, even though nars calls it neutral. It is not neutral, so if you are neutral to warm like me, good luck. They seem to have very fair shades, and then light/light-medium shades, but there are none for those in between. I actually bought montblanc figuring I would get paler in the winter, but I never got quite that pale (it is really light!) and now I have to mix it. I really wish nars would make more shades for warm and fair tones.

Packaging: this is where we run into another issue, no pump. Really nars? I can understand this with drugstore foundation but for over $40 I want a damn pump. Of course, you CAN order a pump off their website, but for $6 plus shipping, which came to around $12, just for a measly plastic pump with no cap (but you can turn it to lock it so it is still travel friendly, even though I'd prefer a cap). The pumps should at the very least be available for purchase at Sephora, where the testers have a pump and are very misleading. I don't think I've ever come across a high end foundation that wasn't either in a pump or squeeze bottle so I'm very disappointed that nars chose to go with this design. Why not just up the price by $5 and include a pump and make life easier for everyone?

If this foundation had a better shade selection and packaging I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase, but unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros with this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by katmac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted so badly to love this after hearing about it on YouTube. I love the initial look, the color match - Deauville for my NC20/olive skin. I have combo/breakout prone skin, and while this never caused me any clogs or blemishes, my skin was red/irritated slightly if I wore this for a full day. I also tried various primers, skincare, brushes, etc. and while the foundation went on and set nicely, it would cake after 3-4 hours on me. I would highly recommend getting a sample of this and trying. I think it would work for most skin types and the colors are gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by nomoreagingforme

One of my favorite moisturizers that creates a matte glow, conceals imperfections, and is long lasting. Matches my skin color and also hydrates my skin. In my opinion, this is a great foundation for all skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by SwampThing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

So far, I love Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. I got a sample of it at Sephora in "Siberia" and decided to give it a shot. I am very light skinned, with yellow undertones. Most companies don't make a color that suits me perfectly. Siberia matches me PERFECT. It is fairly heavy coverage on me (which although I dont need, I like having the option). It does not make me oily, and seems to hold up well throughout the day (I will challenge this for a few more days and see). I did notice that I do need to be very moisturized when using this (or at least really exfoliated) as i did notice the first time I tried it, I saw a little drying on my chin and between my brows, but that went away with a bit more moisturizer. The price is a little steep, as I am used to getting good deals on my foundations- but I feel it may be worth it. I will edit my review when my sample is out with my overall thoughts, but so far I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Rocky22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this after one year of searching I found my hg! I have been using for a week and notice I get a nice semi matte finish wIth a glow that does not further dry my skin. No settling into my fine lines or dry patches doesn't make my skin look old. Coverage for me is wonderful I only need to apply once; it lasts for about 5-6 hours before I start getting shiny but that's ok I don't mind the extra glow I prefer that than my dryness kicking in and making me look cakey. I really love this foundation and I hope it continues to work with me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by emmacoles27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Terrible! I have oily/acne prone skin, this was a bad move for me.
Since the start of the year i have only purchased cruelty free products - in the UK there arent as many brands to choose from that dont use animal testing and they are usually more expensive. Im used to buying urban decay so thought i would give this a try - i had seen many beauty bloggers rave about this even though they have oily skin.

I purchased this off ASOS with 25% off, I applied a fair amount with my fingers all over my face and used a stippling brush to blend - initially it looked good, very similar finish to my Urban decay Naked foundation i use daily. so not too matte or too dewy looking. very natural. I was shade mont blanc and this was a good colour match.
I was only wearing this at home to try it out - and within an hour or so with it being on my face it went super shiny and looked greasy. thank god i hadn't worn it out anywhere! i used a blotting sheet to try and calm down the shininess and it seemed to just remove all my foundation :(. i use a primer everyday and have not had this problem with any other foundation, i can usually manage how oily my skin gets throughout the day with powder or blotting sheets. This just wasn't for my skin type! had to return it. I will try sheer matte next time

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I really wanted to fall in love with this foundation since I've had my heart set on it for so long. I bought this is Ceylan which is a tad light for my skin but I thought Fiji would be too yellow. Come to think of it, I probably should have went with Santa Fe (nc25). It was no biggie, nothing powder couldn't fix. I have normal skin sometimes dry. But this stuff doesn't last! It'll look good and healthy after I finish my makeup but by the end of the day, YIKES! It starts to look patchy and rub off around my nose regardless if I use a primer or not. I think my only irk with this foundation is the longevity. The finish and color is spot on which is what makes me sad that it didn't work for me.