MAC Sandy B. lipstick

3.9

on 6/12/2004 3:09:00 PM

This is one of those lipsticks that I bought spur of the moment, without even bothering to see how it looked on. I'm a BIG coral-gold fan (think "Enchantress" or "Prrr" lipglasses and you get it) and I figured "Sandy B" was right up this alley. Well, I was kinda wrong. Sandy B comes off as fairly matte with some gold shimmer. Being a GGG, it looks really good on me, though. It brightens by face and makes me look tanner. It's a gorgeous color that can be worn on the beach or at work. It's versatile to the max, which is great for a high school junior. I only gave it a 4 because a) it's somewhat drying, and b) I'm not a huge fan of bronzey make-up, and this could fall under that category in some lighting.

on 6/12/2004 12:52:00 PM

A really lovely coral colour with pink undertones of me.Looks gorgous with a tan and really lightens up my face without one.I get lots of compliments when wear this and paired with a matching blush it looks lovely!

on 6/9/2004 1:26:00 PM

This is a gorgeous light shimmery peach shade that's surprisingly not to warm for my cool-to-neutral PPP complexion (NW15). The only thing I'm not crazy about it that as a Frost it's a little drier than the Lustre formula. Still, overall it's a great color! Tangerina Lipglass Tasti is just like Sandy B lipstick in lipgloss form--try them together for a fresh summery look! This lipstick also looks great under Enchantress lipglass. I read on makeup411 that Mischa Barton wears Sandy B. a lot on The OC.

on 5/23/2004 4:49:00 PM

I am sooo in love with this color, and have been lemming it since a friend of mine rushed to show me this, fresh from the MAC counter with a swipe of it on the back of her hand. Got this the day after I bought Delish - they share the same frosty peachy/bronzey/pinky effect on my lips, but Sandy B has more pink... like the other MUAers have pointed out, it's Nars Orgasm in lipstick form.

on 5/22/2004 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you don't like frost I wouldn't buy this! Lots of gold frost here. It's a pale pink peach. I asked for prrr's lipstick twin and this the rec I got. Like prrr, I only like this when I'm tan so it's great for summer.

To me, Sandy B is pretty much NARS Orgasm in a lipstick form. It's a frosty peach, basically, and while it looks okay enough on me (blonde, neutral-ish PPP) it just doesn't "wow" me. I seem to have a hard time pulling off warm colours for some reason, so I think that's probably it. I think it would be better on someone more tanned or more warm-toned. It is pretty, but I rarely find myself reaching for it because it can look a tad orangey.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This peachy pink sheen is lovely on my skintone. It brings out the bronze goddess in me! I was never a fan of lipsticks, until MAC sandy B came along. Im more into lipglasses but this is uber fab and paired with nymphette is a luminous quench of pink golden champagne.

on 3/22/2004 6:19:00 PM

Beautiful spring/summer color! A light, shimmery golden peach with a tinge of pink. It's a frost, so its a little drying, but I always wear balm over it. This a sexy lipcolor, and looks hot with a (fake)tan. NC25, brown hair and eyes.

on 3/17/2004 3:12:00 PM

Lovely color to match NARS Orgasm blush and green smoky eyes. IMO it's the lipstick version of Milani Illuminous/NARS O! I am very glad that I got it in swap otherwise I wouldn't have bought it in store (I am afraid that certain nude color wouldn't work on my pale lips). Only if it's not that drying...sigh. I would try hard to moisturize my lips very well before I put it on. I guess every frosty l/s is more or less drying.

ps.I heard it's l/s version of Prrr.

on 3/2/2004 7:34:00 PM

Sandy B. is a very pretty peachy pink with golden shimmer, no visible brown undertones. It really seems like nymphette in lipstick form but with a little more pink to it. I'm a ppp and the color is a little light for me but i think it'll look great with a peachy pinky blush like cargo big easy or nars orgasm. I'm looking foward to wearing it in the spring and summer. also love the name, so cute! the name fits the color so well

Popular Lipsticks