October 26, 2014 | 1669 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by utprincess

Very disappointed in this NYX palette. I normally love NYX shadows and thought this would be similar to the singles. Unfortunately, the colors look gorgeous in the pan, but are very chalky and difficult to blend on your eyelids. The colors are similar and not pigmented enough. I will not be purchasing the other NYX palettes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by jesscvz

i got this about a month ago and its pretty good. i just have a hard time deciding what colors to wear lol. the main reason i got it was because i always wear natural colored eye shadow. i love the mirror in it, its huge :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by MadameB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the price this is an excellent palette. I think the pigmentation is good not great. I mean this is no Urban Decay or MAC but it'll do.

Keep in mind these are light and/or pale neutral colors so they are going to not be super pigmented.

I paid $10 at Ulta and I think that's a great deal for the amount of shadows you get. Two colors are almost identical in the palette which is slightly annoying.

Some say this palette is a good dupe of UD Naked palette. I disagree. UD Naked is much warmer and has way more shimmer.

Champagne & Caviar is much cooler toned with less shimmer. I say Champagne and Caviar is more of a dupe of Too Faced Naked Eye Palette so I'd grab this is if you're on a budget.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this palette, but unfortunately after a week's worth of use I wanted my $10 back asap! The shadows look lovely in the pan, but the chalkiness and barely there pigmentation was annoying to work with. While I love NYX single and some trio shadows, this 10 pan shadow was just a huge disappointment. No, it's not because the colors are neutral - hell that's the whole reason why I purchased it, but more the lasting power... these did not stay on me that long even with high end and drugstore eye primers. I currently don't have oily or dry lids, but normal and these faded after 2 hours of wear. I loved that the color range can go from daytime to night time looks which I tried. By the end of the night, my smokey eyes turned into a sloppy patchy smokey gray. The only shadow that I did like was the white shade - it wasn't too pigmented and it was perfect for under the brows and tear ducts.

I'm not a fan of the packaging, anything with a glossy finish drives me nuts - finger prints are my eyes pet peeves! The mirror inside is nice, but the lid doesn't stand up right to properly use the mirror rendering the mirror a bit useless when you want to use it free handed. Like someone has mentioned before, I would rather pay the $10 for a single NYX eyeshadow than try any of these 10 palettes again. My Coastal Scents palettes are far better than this palette. It's going back to the store this weekend.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by lilacluv

This is one of my favorite NYX palettes. The pigment quality of can be compared to higher end brands such as MAC, Urban Decay or Smashbox. This palette contains several neutral colors - perfect for any daytime look. The palette is also very small and compact and will easily fit into your makeup or purse without feeling bulky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS IS A GREAT HIDDEN GEM!

I own the new Urban Decay NAKED palette as well as pretty much most of MAC's neutral shadows, Stila, Smashbox, etc. and NYX is comparable to all of them!

Brown / Bronze / Taupe / Champaigne are pretty much all I wear, so this palette is perfect. All of the colours are usable (even the matte white) and they are so soft and blendable, with the best colour payoff when compared to drugstore eyeshadows! I actually wore colours from this palette (top middle brown/gold) on my wedding day - thats how much I trust this palette.

There are a few similar colors, but since they are all usable, you'll just have more of one shade. The compact is sleek and durable, not made of cheap, flimsy plastic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful palette. I purposely bought this when I went on vacation and these were the only eyeshadows I took with me. Simple easy colors all in one place.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by xxkelsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only ever found NYX products at Ulta mixed in with all the drugstore stuff. To compare them to most other drustore e/s's, these are SO much more pigmented and way better priced. The palette only cost $10 and contains some mattes, shimmers, frosts, and glitters. You get such a range with these palettes that it's hard to get bored of them. I enjoy playing around with it and I've been able to get natural looks, dramatic looks, and everything in between.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by bobeena

This pallet is great for all occasions. Formula is very soft and blends well. Staying power is great w/ out primer, but i would prefer primer since it gives more umph. This is also a great size pallet and has a nice size mirror in it. You get a good amount of products as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by ctall119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is palette is my first exposure to the NYX brand. I have to say, given the cost of the item as a whole ($9.99) I am VERY impressed with the quality. The shadows were pigmented and blended easily. They are stored in a sleek/slim black case which provides easy transport. This palette will definately be my go-to travel palette as the shades will provide looks for both day and night. Also, if the palette gets broken or lost or damaged, it won't cost a thing to replace! Overall quite impressed and delightfully surprised!